Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Have you ever watched anything by Seth MacFarlane that isn't his space show?

I loving love Seth MacFarlane- Ted was one funny loving movie, Family Guy and American Dad are both still fun watches, Cosmos rebirth was entirely driven and produced by MacFarlane and was universally praised. The Orville is like a funny Star Trek and is awesome in all the best ways. The Cleveland Show was also hilarious. I’m forgetting some other projects, and some were duds like Ted 2 and A million ways to die in the West. But on the whole he makes a lot more good TV than bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CBS News: Barton's distillery collapse: The rest of Kentucky's Barton 1792 distillery collapsed today in Bardstown, KY.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barton-1792-distillery-collapse-today-latest-updates-2018-07-04/?ftag=CNM-00-10aag7e

Another 9-11,000 barrels gone.

somewhere a weeping claims adjuster reaches for a bottle but finds nothing. nothing at all but a loaded gun

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's ok the whisky industry is booming.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/07/05/625623400/caught-in-tariff-war-u-s-distillers-fear-losing-out-on-global-whiskey-boom

quote:

"I just had a meeting this morning with our Canadian importers, who were here at the distillery, and we're all just scratching our heads, because who in their right mind a few years ago would have envisioned us in a trade war with Canada and the European Union, our closest allies and partners," Peay says.

[...]

Peay says what worries him most is that over the past 10 years the big whiskey distillers in the U.S. have been doubling and tripling capacity in response to the global whiskey boom. "The huge increases in production were really intended to fill the anticipated global demand in Europe, in China, in India and elsewhere," he says.

Edit: Whisky industry collapses, Mitch McConnel re-elected unopposed.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

That Works posted:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/07/05/625623400/caught-in-tariff-war-u-s-distillers-fear-losing-out-on-global-whiskey-boom

this is exactly why other countries targeted whiskey lmao

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hot Karl Marx posted:

this is exactly why other countries targeted whiskey lmao

Yup. Much as ol' Trumpy would like to think, they really aren't stupid. I'd go so far as to say some other countries really do have very stable geniuses at the helm.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

I wonder how much Canadian Club and Windsor are going up in price.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Dickheads will still drink cheap and crappy Corn Whisky and Bourbon over here anyway, regardless of price. Jack Daniels is probably still the best selling Whisky in the UK and it's more expensive than some pretty solid Scotch, like Talisker. It has a very different taste to the slower and less trendy Scottish stuff, and people who drink premium won't loving care if there are another £15 on a bottle.

I can't finish an evening out without pouring Hakushu down my gullet, which has almost doubled in price in the last year, when it comes to Whiskey people will drink what they want regardless of price.

American Whisky sales in the UK would be pretty inflation-proof I reckon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BigDave posted:

I wonder how much Canadian Club and Windsor are going up in price.

I'm not picky and will drink candian pist pretty gladly. I will be god damned if I'm paying more for it though.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
canadian club sucks, wiser's is better

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

At least Canada Dry Ginger Ale is owned by Americans now :canada:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Canadian Club is owned by the Japanese, so is Jim Beam, Makers Mark, Old Crow and Knob Creek.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Canadian whiskey is like Canadian musicians: hot garbage.

Send more comedians and maple syrup.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Still can't tell if Alanis Morissette was a musician or a post-ironic comedian.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Still can't tell if Alanis Morissette was a musician or a post-ironic comedian.

Both depending on the song. It’s ironic.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

Canadian whiskey is like Canadian musicians: hot garbage.

Send more comedians and maple syrup.

You have poor taste.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

Both depending on the song. It’s ironic.

:hmmyes:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hot take: Famous Grouse is better than most non-islay single malts

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shame on an IGA posted:

Hot take: Famous Grouse is better than most non-islay single malts

That's not too hot of a take though since non-islay single malts are basically maple syrup mixed with vodka

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'll take most single malt/single grain Irish whiskies over most non-Islay whiskies. Although I do really like Macallan.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Losing my job to own the libs.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-missouri-town-tariff-20180705-story.html

quote:

Jimmie Coffer, a machine programmer at the nation’s largest nail-making plant, voted for Donald Trump partly because he was confident he would bring manufacturing jobs back to America.

So the 39-year-old factory worker was shocked last month when 60 of his co-workers were laid off after the Trump administration imposed a 25% tariff on the steel his company imports from Mexico. Now, as his bosses cut back hours and warn they may have to let 200 more workers go in the coming weeks, he worries he may lose his job as a result of the president’s policies.

But Coffer is still gung-ho about Trump.

“I support him 100%,” he said last week. “In fact, I’d like to shake his hand. He’s doing a great job.”

Missouri!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"He's doing a great job, he's just directly negatively impacting mine"

Cognitive Dissonance is hard.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I'm sorry, Janie, but our countrymen are idiots.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
More misery is occurring to other people than him, so in right-wing lizard brain this is in fact winning.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Very zero sum game mentality. It is not just he has more, other people also have to have less.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It's almost like conservatism is a mental illness.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It utterly befuddles me. I just can't wrap my head around it. (and im retarded af)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

"He's doing a great job, he's just directly negatively impacting mine"

Cognitive Dissonance is hard.

It’s okay though because there are some black/brown people getting treated worse, which is what they’re talking about when they mention all the winning.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Looks like your President is going to be having an enjoyable and hospitable state visit this year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5921569/Anti-Trump-protestors-fly-baby-balloon-London-visit.html

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

quote:

Others accused the company of exaggerating the risks to workers and blamed the firm for importing steel from Mexico.
“Mass layoffs? I don’t believe it’s going to happen,” said Randy Wade, 42, a supervisor for a local vending company, rolling his eyes as he filled a cup with Coca-Cola at the soda fountain.
“If they’re going to do business in Mexico, they kind of deserve it,” he added. “They need to deal with Americans.”

“This has nothing to do with tariffs — or Trump,” Mark Orton, the owner of Bluff Barber Shop, said as he dabbed shaving foam on a customer’s face. “It’s smoke and mirrors. This Mexican company is just trying to blame Trump.”
His client, a red-headed factory worker who declined to give his name, blamed politicians and newspapers for “banging on” Trump.
“They can’t say anything nice about him,” he griped. “If Trump ran into a burning building to pull out children, they’d say he’s hurting firefighters.”

Trump voters are retarded children.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Looks like your President is going to be having an enjoyable and hospitable state visit this year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5921569/Anti-Trump-protestors-fly-baby-balloon-London-visit.html

The phone in the hand :discourse:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He just won’t go. It’s pretty easy to figure out how this ends.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Trump voters are retarded children.

This loving cult of personality is loving terrifying, honestly.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
He's the living personification of how they see themselves or wish they were. Admitting Trump hosed up is admitting they too were wrong and as we all know from 17 years of war, admitting you were wrong is anti-American.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If this wasn't for the 4th, this would've been invasion footage.

https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/1014740225116065792?s=19

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Well it's a good thing this cult leader isn't doing something like calling the lugenpresse enemies of the people or saying we should turn the legal arm of the government against his political opponents. Man, that could sure get ugly couldn't it? Can't imagine how much we would need to summon the power of :decorum: to hold off that poo poo storm.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I don’t have the link handy, but polling hat recently came out has showed that both Obama and Trump buck past presidential opinion polling trends.

Generally, consumer confidence and employment run right alongside presidential approval. With Obama, that was less true. With Trump, very much less true.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-iran-oil-trump/irans-opec-boss-says-trumps-tweets-have-added-10-to-oil-prices-shana-idUKKBN1JV12A

Extremely 2018 News posted:

President Donald Trump, who recently called on OPEC producers to help reduce oil prices, has raised prices through his tweets, Iranian OPEC Governor Hossein Kazempour Ardebili was quoted as saying by news agency SHANA on Thursday.

"Your tweets have increased the prices by at least $10. Please stop this method," the oil ministry news agency quoted Kazempour Ardebili as saying

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This is hilarious.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/abogada_laura/status/1014214985218547712?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/07/04/asia/kim-dotcom-new-zealand-extradition-intl/index.html

Lol

• Locked thread