Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Zil posted:

Star Wars.

True tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Thin Privilege posted:

R&M riots or whatever was over a pack of SAUCE? SAUCE? Jeeeesus re: elevator comment I’d rather be locked in a jail cell with a HP fan than a RM fan.

http://time.com/4980097/rick-morty-fan-trades-car-sauce/

:psyduck:

What gaggles my geese is that it wasn't even officially sponsored. They were losing their poo poo over copyright non-infringing, as close as they can get to rick and morty without being sued Szechuan sauce.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ziv Zulander posted:

What gaggles my geese is that it wasn't even officially sponsored. They were losing their poo poo over copyright non-infringing, as close as they can get to rick and morty without being sued Szechuan sauce.

"But you see, if I buy this food, then it will show that I am a fan of a cartoon. It is extremely important that I own a sachet of a condiment to prove to myself that I like this cartoon more than other people."

gently caress Rick and Morty fans. (Although to be honest gently caress anyone who defines only themselves by the media they consume.)

Here is a dumb tattoo.

It's dumb because Living On A Prayer is a the best Bon Jovi song

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

BrigadierSensible posted:

"But you see, if I buy this food, then it will show that I am a fan of a cartoon. It is extremely important that I own a sachet of a condiment to prove to myself that I like this cartoon more than other people."

gently caress Rick and Morty fans. (Although to be honest gently caress anyone who defines only themselves by the media they consume.)

Here is a dumb tattoo.

It's dumb because Living On A Prayer is a the best Bon Jovi song

That actually belongs in the other thread...

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Actual license plate I saw here about two weeks ago: PKL RICK.

Rick and Morty fans are worse on a per-capita basis. It is not close.

What state? I might actually know that person.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Thin Privilege posted:

That actually belongs in the other thread...

It belongs in this thread because Bon Jovi sucks.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gaunab posted:

It belongs in this thread because Bon Jovi sucks.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

i was 100% convinced that I'd be able to find a harry potter rick and morty crossover tattoo, but I could not. Someone out there will have this on their body though, I know it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rick and Morty blowing up and developing the worst loving fanbase on the planet is obnoxious because for a couple years there Rick was my :effort: go-to Halloween costume but now neckbeards have ruined it.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
As someone who never really watched Rick and Morty, it's been fascinating to watch it go from cult favorite to mainstream success to oh-you-watch-THAT-show?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

strap on revenge posted:

harry potter and rick and morty tattoo havers are all a bit dorky but at least isn't anywhere near as hideous as

Deathly Hallows tattoos are actually good, because they're virtually big red flashing signs that say, "I may burst into tears while blowing you."

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That tattoo is going to real weird real fast if she ever gets pregnant.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Oh I don't think she's ever planning on having sex again.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
It will appear that it is about to barf, and then...

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was told Rick and Morty about some old alcoholic who abuses the other one? I’ve never watched or plan to so I just wanna know. And if that is true, why would you watch that.

Content:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thin Privilege posted:

I was told Rick and Morty about some old alcoholic who abuses the other one? I’ve never watched or plan to so I just wanna know. And if that is true, why would you watch that.

I only watched the pilot which is just an extremely homophobic and unfunny Back to the Future spoof

I privately like several dumb things in spite of their toxic fandoms, but I don't get the appeal of R&M at all

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Thin Privilege posted:

You know that smartest-guy-in-the-room who is the coolest because he doesn't care, but you should still feel sorry for him because he has an addiction and drives away everyone he really loves? R&M is a good deconstruction of that trope, which also being really violent and vulgar, and doing a lot of lolrandom humor. If you've ever enjoyed anything else Dan Harmon has ever done you might enjoy it. First season kind of sucks though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thin Privilege posted:

Content:

Its pretty funny and involves some fairly cool ideas but it involves a main character who is smarter than everybody else in the galaxy and flies around getting drunk telling people to piss off so a lot of people tend to identify as him and pretend they're also the smartest ever and that justifies the lovely things they do.

Like House from House, M.D. that kind of person who's so good at what they do that they get away with being a total rear end in a top hat, which is kinda funny but not something you'd actually put up with in real life.

I like R&M but the fans are so loving stupid they've kinda ruined it for me now.

Rick isn't really supposed to be an ideal but some people identify with Cartman too. Ugh.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I only watched the pilot which is just an extremely homophobic and unfunny Back to the Future spoof

In fairness, that's not the Rick & Morty pilot.

Like there's plenty to bag on it without being inaccurate.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

It's... not centered on her body, is it?? :psyduck:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Truant posted:

It's... not centered on her body, is it?? :psyduck:

I'm not sure but her tots are going to cover it's eyes eventually

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I'm not sure but her tots are going to cover it's eyes eventually

Her what now?

I like that the wolf has an eyebrow tattoo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Thin Privilege posted:

Rick is every incel's hyper-intelligent tortured nihilist self-delusion brought to life.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry to continue the derail:

But Rick and Morty in and of itself is OK. It's a cartoon with a smarter-than-everyone-else nihilist as the main character and a bunch of wacky monkey-cheese multiverse poo poo around the edges.
Just like Harry Potter in and of itself is OK. It's a story about a boy wizard who fulfills his destiny with a bunch of ye-olde English public school bullshit around the edges.

Where both of these, (and many others), go wrong is the fans who define themselves by the fact they like it. i.e. not "Hi, I'm Dave, I am a person who enjoys Harry Potter.", its "Hi, I'm a Harry Potter fan named Dave." If you know what I mean.

On the tattoo part of it, it's cool to get a tattoo of something you like, even if that thing is a representation of media you have consumed. What is not cool is using taht tattoo in lieu of a personality, or as an explanation of your entire self. i.e. "look at my pickle rick! The show is clever and wacky, and I have a joke from it on me. This means I am both clever and wacky, so I never have to actually prove I am either by doing anything."

Sorry about the boring rant. Here is a media based/pop cultural tattoo that I think is stupid, and by extension can infer the person with it is a fuckknuckle.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Plus there's like, nonstop rape jokes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Where both of these, (and many others), go wrong is the fans who define themselves by the fact they like it. i.e. not "Hi, I'm Dave, I am a person who enjoys Harry Potter.", its "Hi, I'm a Harry Potter fan named Dave." If you know what I mean.

This is actually it, like nail on the head, spot on. But I'm the one who started this derail and I'm trying to get us back in topic folks :argh:

So, how about them bad tattoos, eh?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It was bothering enough to keep thinking about it but "The carosel never stops turning" from last page, is a Grey's Anatomy quote from the main characters dementia addled mother. To make it worse she's telling a story about how the man she was having an affair with told her he refused to leave his wife while child Meredith Grey was playing on the carosel iirc.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sorry about the boring rant. Here is a media based/pop cultural tattoo that I think is stupid, and by extension can infer the person with it is a fuckknuckle.

Considering I grew up in the greater Seattle area, I parsed it as this Magnolia

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Maybe they just love cupcakes?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

slinkimalinki posted:

Her what now?

Her [autocorrect] that amused me enough to leave put

bosom

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

But Rick and Morty in and of itself is OK. It's a cartoon with a smarter-than-everyone-else nihilist as the main character and a bunch of wacky monkey-cheese multiverse poo poo around the edges.
Just like Harry Potter in and of itself is OK. It's a story about a boy wizard who fulfills his destiny with a bunch of ye-olde English public school bullshit around the edges.

On the tattoo part of it, it's cool to get a tattoo of something you like, even if that thing is a representation of media you have consumed. What is not cool is using taht tattoo in lieu of a personality, or as an explanation of your entire self. i.e. "look at my pickle rick! The show is clever and wacky, and I have a joke from it on me. This means I am both clever and wacky, so I never have to actually prove I am either by doing anything."

Fixer Upper?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ricketyvickyt posted:

I have Harry Potter tattoos and I’m anything but an insufferable Millennial. Don’t tar us all with the same brush.

For content:

Is it just the lighting or the age of the tattoo that makes the flower look like there's some kind of sub-dermal thing going on there? I'd guess fresh tattoo and the area's swollen, but it appears to expand well past the edges of the tattoo on the right side. Or is there something there vaguely in the same shape as the flower.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Scar coverup?

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
That would be a pretty weird scar. Also I think that tattoo is super dope

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
It’s just new tattoo swelling

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sociopastry posted:

Plus there's like, nonstop rape jokes.

One once in one episode one time isn't not "nonstop"

rydiafan posted:

there's plenty to bag on it without being inaccurate.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Pretty sure it’s in ref to this dumb movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Possibly :nws: for rat scrotum