Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gosh this is cute :3:

T-Sensei

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Very cute, but I'm sad it's not actually Mr. T.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol

it got a short format anime last year but only aired on a phone app that is only available in japan!! and maybe is getting a second season even. I'm going to hunt around and see if I can find it, it was like 10 3-minute episodes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
two new T-sensei chapters :3

they're cute and very funny

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Been busy so I couldn't post it, but, NEW CHICHICOGUSA!!

God dammit I actually started reading it, and it's an old chapter reposted.
What a letdown :(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Gather 'round everyoooooone! For reals this time, a new chapter!

This time it's Uramichi Oniisan!

Another uncomfortably self-aware chapter

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 17, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
there's a new T-sensei
these kids are fuckin brutal lmao

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Cross-post from the surreal daily life thread, since I forgot to post it here too:

Onean posted:

A new Madoromi-chan and, uh, uh oh.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New Maou Kyoudai! Even the fights are cute...

I know that feeling...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new T-sensei :3

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's not actually up on mangadex yet whoops

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new Uramichi Oniisan :toot:

Looks like merakiscans V2 is continuing it and Beard Gorilla

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yay!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
2 chapters of T-sensei out; it's not on mangadex yet if y'all are reading it there
http://citrusteam.blogspot.com/p/tsensei0207.html

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Happy Father's Day, its a new Somali
:ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh you beat me to posting it. good timing on the release at least!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Thank you thread for showing me Beard Gorilla. My only regret is having to wait for more chapters now :(

Something that popped up in it and in a few other series I've read has me curious about something that might just be a cultural thing. Is it normal to like date for a year before you kiss in Japan? Because we see an initial date, two separate Valentine's days and a couple more strips representing time passing before Beard Gorilla has his first kiss in his relationship.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Beard Gorilla is very pure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

Beard Gorilla is very pure

Actually he is a very lewd boy as we recently (chapter-wise, not time-wise sadly) learned.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Happy Father's Day, its a new Somali

I count 4-5 dead guys

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta

quote:

After losing his leg as a startup adventurer, he retired to his hometown in the countryside. Doing things such as collecting medicinal herbs, exterminating magic beasts and wild beasts, and helping with the villagers’ farm work, it’s hard to decide whether to call our protagonist an adventurer or a handyman. And while doing these things his age quickly approached thirty.

One day while searching the mountains for herbs, he discovered an abandoned child. Thinking that he couldn’t just leave it, he took it home and raised it until his age approached forty. His now grown-up daughter had also wanted to become an adventurer, likely from growing up watching her father. Although her father had taught her the sword since she was young for self-defense, her talent at it was quite impressive. Thinking that it would be better for her not to be stuck out in the country for the rest of her life, our protagonist sent her to the adventurers’ guild in the Capital. His daughter officially became an adventurer.

After another five years, the protagonist, now in his forties, is still acting as a pseudo-adventurer in the countryside. However his daughter is now a distinguished S Class adventurer but hasn’t returned home once yet… “Just when will I get to see Daddy again…!?”

First two chapters are cute and funny, his daughter wants to visit but she keeps getting roped into high level quests so I wonder if he's going to venture out to find her :3

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
please let them not get married

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gah why is the close thread button right next to the post reply one

and yeah same, I am hoping to see cute adventuring dadfeels not Usagi Drop 2.0 but it's a LN adaption so :shrug: proceed w/caution

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The one with the younger guy adventurer who adopts an orphaned demon child is cute from what I remember of it, and will hopefully not do the bad thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

The one with the younger guy adventurer who adopts an orphaned demon child is cute from what I remember of it, and will hopefully not do the bad thing.

it does

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp. Crossing that one off the list to check back on.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Dungeon Nursery seems highly unlikely to go down that road, but uhh... I don't know if you can count the lead as a "Good Dad".

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Dungeon Nursery seems highly unlikely to go down that road, but uhh... I don't know if you can count the lead as a "Good Dad".

its just a little "tough love"

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Speaking of, new Dungeon Nursery
Always cheat to win

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
https://mangadex.org/manga/28688/a-sugar-sweet-dad-and-a-salty-sour-daughter

Does not involve a sugar daddy.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, could be fun.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
they seem very cute :3

there's more T-Sensei out btw

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Just wanted to vent and complain about the unfortunate tendency for these to go bad. :smith:

I had the manga for If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat A Demon Lord pop up on my Amazon recommended list (I've been re-reading Sweetness & Lightning on there, along with checking out some other fantasy/isekai stuff of varying quality), and after a brief Google search didn't see much so I gave it a go. It's about Dale, a young human hero-class adventurer, and Latina, his adopted devil daughter.

It was cute and fun, so I decided I'd try the LNs since I've been wanting a new series to read. The first two and a half books were great. Pretty well written and translated, avoiding a lot, though not all, of the "just describing an anime" style that's pretty common in LNs I've read, and it continued to be cute and fun. Then halfway through the third book we jump to the daughter being 14 and things slow down.

Dale does things I hate to see, played off for laughs, like refusing, repeatedly and with no reflection or growth so far, to accept that his kid's growing up, wanting to hide dangerous stuff to keep Latina happier longer and ignoring requests from the now-teenager to stop treating her like she's a little kid and bragging about her to everyone he works with. Then by the end of the third book it's fully twisted all of Latina's antics as a child that I was hoping wouldn't lead up to this, and does the dumb thing of the adopted daughter being romantically in love with her dad, though he doesn't currently feel anything close to that for her. That changes according to the marketing summaries on future books, unfortunately.

I might keep reading, though the fourth book is going to have to be pretty strong to keep me for long. There's some interesting stuff going on otherwise (Demon Lords, and the fighting of them as in the title, and a pretty strong hint that Latina's Mom is alive, under a nasty contract that keeps Latina safe), and the potential relationship isn't the worst (they're merely 10 years apart with Dale being 18 when he found the 8 year old Latina, Dale hasn't thought of Latina's as anything other than his daughter so far, and while devils live for hundreds of years their childhood lasts about as long as a human child's). I'm probably just going to drop it, though

I just wanted a cute new series to read. :smith:

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 5, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

ah yeah, I read a tiny amount of the LN translation and was getting enough yikes vibes I decided to avoid that one
^ my post from when the last time that one got brought up

I don't remember now what gave it away right off the bat but some of these things just have a tone that says "ok this is not going to go anywhere good" but I also have some healthy skepticism based on target audience and whatnot. I mean you may end up with one that gets creepy right out of left field at the end but it seems like they're way more likely to show their hand sooner rather than later. One red flag to me is if there are no other adult characters who have significant roles or are set up to be the main love interest early on. Also I usually glance at the comments if it's on a reader site and see how many disgusting creeps are panting about "cute lolis" or poo poo like that b/c that tells me something in that one is appealing to perverts.

imo it's not worth trying to read around gross parts, drop it and find something else

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, that's pretty much the plan.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Somali
From Donkey Kong Country to :ohdear: in an instant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Onean posted:

I just wanted a cute new series to read. :smith:
This is why when someone recs a new series here I'm thankful for comments like

K. Flaps posted:

Does not involve a sugar daddy.

Ever since Usagi Drop, I'm left to wonder which series about single fathers raising their kid is going to end with them getting together. It's not that common from my experience, but every now and again it gets forced into the plot and sours the mood immediately.

Huzzah! posted:

new Somali
From Donkey Kong Country to :ohdear: in an instant
Too bad Axolotl lady just tried to lock up a golem with combat features. Add one more body to the pile whenever robot daddy unleashes his restraints.