Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Not bad :v: A real FMIC does seem to make a real difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Has anyone noticed that the AC in the FiST blows harder when you turn the wheel? :v:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Lol nope never noticed. I did figure out that my whistle was from the passenger vent being closed, as some suggested (thanks!) earlier in the thread.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Old and busted

New hotness

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I think you meant new coolness

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Awful lot of radiator for the lawnmower

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Bajaha posted:

I think you meant new coolness

:aaaaa:

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Aren't metal side/top tanks more likely to crack? Any reported issues?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Christobevii3 posted:

Aren't metal side/top tanks more likely to crack? Any reported issues?

Compared to plastic? I'd take metal every time since every plastic one eventually cracks with age.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

This thing is the nicest part in the entire car, after the nuclear apocalypse there will be cockaroaches and this radiator left intact.

That’s being said, it was a MEGA oval office to get installed. But it’s in and I’m on my way to the grid life Autobahn event in IL. Haven’t went over 195 coolant/210 oil the whole way, so looks like the system is bled properly and everything is working right.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Mountune rad is the motherfuckin truth. Haven’t crossed 240 coolant/260 oil, and it’s 90+ and mega high humidity out. On the stock rad in 80ish ambient, I got 3 laps before it went into limp mode.

My own bodies cooling system needs and upgrade tho. I’m dying

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Selling some Fiesta ST stuff - I kept it around since I thought I was going to get another but I decided I want something different.

I have 4 Blizzak WS-60 205/40R17 snow tires, plenty of tread left and staggeringly good in the snow - I rocked out a 4 hour drive in 1 foot of snow and never got stuck and had a ton of fun. $100 for all 4 if you pick up or we can work out a deal if you want them shipped.

Also have a new in box K&N air filter with the grease which I'll include fo free with the tires or $10+shipping separately.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I’d take the air filter if it’ll fit a 2016. Shipping would be to 98136.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

The guys from Powerstop got a beautiful pic of my car at Autobahn. God drat.
https://www.powerstop.com/gridlife-pics-autobahn-country-club/

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

A Stinger GT2 counts as a hot hatch, right? I think I might have a car buying problem....

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's alright, I bought a non-hatch. 07 Civic Si sedan. It redlines at 8600 (Flashpro).

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I still think it should count because it can do this

:colbert:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Looks a lot like a Model S in that picture :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

That's alright, I bought a non-hatch. 07 Civic Si sedan. It redlines at 8600 (Flashpro).

did you already get rid of the fiesta? i test drove a 2010 si sedan and it was booooooring

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BraveUlysses posted:

did you already get rid of the fiesta? i test drove a 2010 si sedan and it was booooooring

I still have it while I take care of a few things on the Civic. I think the Civic pairs up well with the S2000, and I wanted a sub $5k DD as this will now mean I am 100% debt free for the first time since I was like 18 (i am 30).

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Looks a lot like a Model S in that picture :v:

The Model S doesn't have tail pipes. :rolleye:

But yeah, it looks like a lot of much more expensive cars - the interior is basically ripped off directly from Mercedes.

This is not a bad thing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KillHour posted:

The Model S doesn't have tail pipes. :rolleye:

But yeah, it looks like a lot of much more expensive cars - the interior is basically ripped off directly from Mercedes.

This is not a bad thing.

I have a C class with that interior and it is drat nice, especially with the wood look in place of that flat black.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Granted, the Stinger's fit and finish isn't as good as the Merc's - not even close, but to get the same performance you're looking at the AMG C-class and well... :shepspends:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

KillHour posted:

I still think it should count because it can do this

:colbert:

Liftback :science:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Still a type of hatch :colbert:

The real question is if the AMG GLA45 counts. It's basically a lifted A45.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I’ll buy an s2000 next week and we can have literally all of the same cars.

I loved my FA5, just a pita to work on but otherwise a total sweetheart of a car.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

KillHour posted:

Still a type of hatch :colbert:

They count, and are hilarious.

I think I may be leaving the hot hatch club. I bought an E39 M5 and I have to decide whether I should sell my Focus ST now or keep it as my daily driver/winter beater etc. I'm leaning towards sell since I think two cars is waste in my household right now and I don't like carrying the additional expenses, but on the other hand it's like maybe an incremental $1,100 a year to keep it which isn't bad and will keep miles off the M5.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If I had an E39 M5 I think I'd want a backup ride.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I'm sincerely considering trading the Golf R for a Stinger GT2 because that car looks like a lot of fun and it's a real sedan.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

If I had an E39 M5 I think I'd want a backup ride.

good news is i never have to go anywhere right now on demand but you raise a good point

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

KillHour posted:

If it was simply a matter of a lift kit and extra body cladding, you’d think someone would have un-crossovered one by now. All i’ve seen so far is people setting the airbags really low, which does nothing for all the extra body thickness or ridiculous wheel sizes.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Not technically a hatch but im about to pull the trigger on a new civic si - anyone have one? I drove it and it was good except for no e brake and horrendous touch control bullshit.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

krysmopompas posted:

If it was simply a matter of a lift kit and extra body cladding, you’d think someone would have un-crossovered one by now. All i’ve seen so far is people setting the airbags really low, which does nothing for all the extra body thickness or ridiculous wheel sizes.

They're REALLY similar.

Granted, I like the look of the A45 better, but it's mostly just minor differences.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Voltage posted:

Not technically a hatch but im about to pull the trigger on a new civic si - anyone have one? I drove it and it was good except for no e brake and horrendous touch control bullshit.

I have a Type R and that's my opinion of the car.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I don't think I've ever used an e brake. Is that bad?

Edit - Whoo autocorrect

Warbird fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 5, 2018

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
My camaro is my first car with the switch for a parking brake instead of a big handle and while it’s a little weird, I don’t really feel like I’m missing anything.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
On the CTR discussion, I was talking to a local that has one and tracks it very heavily. Apparently, the overheating issue is heat soak from the fat-rear end cat that sits right in front of the motor / next to the radiator / oil cooler.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 5, 2018

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Golf R
I30N
M140

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I want a stupid good deal or else ctr/frs would be on that list but the deals are dog eggs.

I’m sick of my stupid rear end R27 and I feel like I need something more posh/reliable idk 🤔

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
My man, have you considered another M3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Warbird posted:

I don't think I've ever used an email brake. Is that bad?

They're really good from a packaging perspective with almost no downsides but people bitch and moan about not being able to do Mad Tite Ebrake Turns or whatever so They're Bad.