Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/dickeyesmash/status/1013076275571945472?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Samuringa posted:

For some reason, I've never seen Silent Movie getting as much acclaim as the rest of his movies and I don't think I ever saw it on TV either, even on TCM.

In fact, I only learned it existed when Marcel Marceau died and people kept talking about his role in the film

Silent Movie was probably the first Mel Brooks movie I saw. I love the irony of giving Marcel Marceau the only speaking role in the movie.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

So the whole thing was just Audrey's dream after all? Guess that makes sense.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Not mine, but I liked it :allears:.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The entire cast of Blazing Saddles is dead, except for the actors who played Lyle, Harriet Johnson (our esteemed schoolmarm), and young Bart.

Mel Brooks is still alive you hack!

Blazing Saddles is my all-time-favourite-trapped-on-a-desert-island-choose-only-one-movie movie

Today I needed a cheap dry white wine for making risotto

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not mine, but I liked it :allears:.

Every time I see the line about miserable little pile of secrets anywhere, I have a split second where I'm amazed by the reference to Andre Malraux before I remember that it's the spiel from Castlevania

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

slothrop posted:

Mel Brooks is still alive you hack!

poo poo, you're right, I don't know how I missed that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jeza posted:

Every time I see the line about miserable little pile of secrets anywhere, I have a split second where I'm amazed by the reference to Andre Malraux before I remember that it's the spiel from Castlevania

Hadn't heard of Andre Malraux so I looked this up, and it turns out that the Castlevania line is probably a Malraux reference, inserted by the translator/localizer: https://legendsoflocalization.com/lets-investigate-a-miserable-pile-of-secrets/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awh5UwHcgDs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Weirdly enough he did mistake a cop for a different profession but it was way more boring and stupid

https://au.gofundme.com/help-vito-not-go-to-prison

quote:

Update: I am not going to prison

I have paid a lawyer a lot of money and he takes it from here, but the felony charge is off the table and if I'm lucky they'll drop the whole thing.

For those of you who have been waiting eagerly for the details, basically what happened is I turned onto a street that was closed off, but they had yet to set up the barricades or anything. No cop cars, no flashing lights, just a big empty street with what I thought was a construction worker screaming at me.

Figuring they were getting set up for construction and kind of panicked by having I should just book it to the next street and turn off, so I drove past the screaming guy only to find some cop cars at the other end of the street. I guess that first guy was a cop, not a construction worker, and told them I tried to hit him with my car: so basically assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, which is a go to prison crime.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not really the kind of person who tries to hit cops with cars.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

quote:

(ALSO: I will give you a coupon that entitles you to DOUBLE your donation back if I ever achieve a net worth of over $1,000,000. You could actually make money by keeping me out of prison!

:thunk:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/colinshram/status/1014629305169608705?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean if he does go to prison I'd suggest he doesn't try to clarify it when asked what he's in for. Just say "I tried to hit the cop with a car". It's probably the happiest prison situation he could hope for.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also he's that guy that was handing out Pepsis at the Berkeley riot

(I didn't remember this, it came up when I was googling for his gofundme page)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Must... get through and... kill... cat.

https://i.imgur.com/3ImuQYm.mp4

Fantastic work

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also he's that guy that was handing out Pepsis at the Berkeley riot

(I didn't remember this, it came up when I was googling for his gofundme page)

Ok he's a doofus but that's pretty funny

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wheat Loaf posted:

A few years ago I saw this furious diatribe of a letter sent to a Star Wars fan magazine circa 1987 denouncing the TRAVESTY of Spaceballs INSULTING the Star Wars movies and calling on all Star Wars fans to come together and boycott it, and it's one of my persistent regrets is that I've not been able to find it again.

I hope you do find it. Nothing has changed it seems.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Weirdly enough he did mistake a cop for a different profession but it was way more boring and stupid

https://au.gofundme.com/help-vito-not-go-to-prison

He got lucky.

A guy that worked at my old company spent ~10 years in prison when he drove over a cops foot.

Evading arrest? Sure. Assault? Prolly

But pre-meditated murder? gently caress no.

Anyway that's what happens when you're black in the south

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wheat Loaf posted:

A few years ago I saw this furious diatribe of a letter sent to a Star Wars fan magazine circa 1987 denouncing the TRAVESTY of Spaceballs INSULTING the Star Wars movies and calling on all Star Wars fans to come together and boycott it, and it's one of my persistent regrets is that I've not been able to find it again.

https://fanlore.org/wiki/Open_Letter_to_Star_Wars_Fans_Regarding_the_Movie_%22Spaceballs%22

Enjoy

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1014545078965059584

In case that doesn't work.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hahahahaha, awesome. Thanks. :D

quote:

This sick movie should be considered high sacrilege and extreme offense against all SW fandom.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The fact that the equivalent of that letter has probably been written about absolutely every movie since RoTJ is the icing on the cake.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh 'fans' have been turds about movie adaptations for a long long time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Way to doxx a bunch of old whiny nerds

I bet at least one of those guys still has that mailing address....not that I'm suggesting anything

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Solice Kirsk posted:

The fact that the equivalent of that letter has probably been written about absolutely every movie since RoTJ is the icing on the cake.

Just a slight edit, and

quote:

If you are a true STAR WARS fan who cares deeply about the Saga, I urge you to please read this letter. The person writing this wishes to stay anonymous as my only want is to protect the integrity and good image of my beloved galaxy, and I need no attention to myself. I am very serious about what you are about to read and it's extremely important for everyone that loves STAR WARS to listen to what I have to say and take it seriously. A disgusting movie spoof of SW called THE LAST JEDI will be released soon. I was unfortunate to see an advance preview of it and am abhorred by what I saw. I consider myself to be a dedicated and loyal SW fan. I love that universe as my home and those characters as my best friends, and I hate anyone that does anything against SW. Considering that, I know what I'm talking about in this letter. Well, THE LAST JEDI goes way beyond just doing something against SW. The whole movie is one long ludicrous, hideous put-down of everything in SW. It makes Leia look like a gunslinging whore, makes Luke look like he's a stupid idiot, and makes Yoda look like a foolish master of nothing. THE LAST JEDI then goes on to reach the height of bad taste in making fun of every other character, place and thing in the SW galaxy. I was outraged to see how the movie had the gall to ridicule and laugh at all the things in SW that the fans take very seriously. THE LAST JEDI makes all the SW characters look like jerks and reduces all the intimate aspects of the Saga, like Leia and Han's relationship or Luke's Force training, into a series of uncalled for and tasteless jokes. I find nothing funny about making fun of SW. No real fan would, either. This sick movie should be considered high sacrilege and extreme offense against all SW fandom. I ask everyone reading this to please don't go see the movie. To be serious, I beg you in the good name of SW, DO NOT go see this movie in any way, shape or form. If you love Leia, and the others, and if you are a real, true fan, you will stay far away from THE LAST JEDI. Tell everyone you know - - Everyone -- that the movie is a complete absurdity and tell them to go see it. I beg you to spread the bad word about this insult to SW called THE LAST JEDI. No one can call themselves a true SW fan if they go to see or support in any way a movie or person that makes fun of SW. You and I and all of SW fandom owe it to the characters to see that THE LAST JEDI is successful. It would not be fair to them (the characters) if a movie putting them down is a success. We can't let it be. It is a threat to the reputation and integrity and good image of the SW saga. Spread the bad word and send letters of protest to MGM Studios. DO NOT go to see THE LAST JEDI. If you truly love STAR WARS, you won't go to see it and you'll do your best not to let anyone else see it, either. This letter is to be taken dead seriously and deserves deep concern and action from SW fans. DO NOT go to see THE LAST JEDI. Our Saga's reputation is at stake.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keaton was the best Batman

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone who sat through the prequels, Force Awakens, Rogue One, and then said "boy howdy am I excited to see another Star Wars! I will pay money to watch the next movie in this series!" is a complete moron regardless of their opinion on that movie

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Randaconda posted:

Keaton was the best Batman

Also Best Birdman and best Bird Guy in That Spooderman movie.

Great villain and hero

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Anyone who sat through the prequels, Force Awakens, Rogue One, and then said "boy howdy am I excited to see another Star Wars! I will pay money to watch the next movie in this series!" is a complete moron regardless of their opinion on that movie

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
walmart.gif

https://i.imgur.com/DOIW5qE.mp4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ahaha, poo poo, I hadn't seen this before. Thank you.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Guy Goodbody posted:

Tell us more about how people who like things you don't like are stupid :allears:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I liked the Last Jedi. I can understand not liking it. What I don't understand is the people who say it ruined the franchise. Did they just not see the prequels or what
There's nowhere to go but up

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pakled posted:

I liked the Last Jedi. I can understand not liking it. What I don't understand is the people who say it ruined the franchise. Did they just not see the prequels or what
There's nowhere to go but up

You see, the older Star Wars movies only had one woman in a primary role each. TLJ has upwards of 4, which is simply unacceptable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can we please contain Star Wars discussions to one thread dedicated specifically to them, i.e. the Red Letter Media thread?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I like some Star Wars movies

I dislike other Star Wars movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*cool and collected Frank walked from the growing flames

"It's done," he said to the voice on the other end of the phone. He didn't know who the voice belonged to this time either. He never did. He never would.