Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Where do all these insane assholes (freelance scientologists, libertarians) keep getting the idea that anybody is "blaming all men" for whatever it is they're talking about? These dudes are hosed in the head

MRAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Where do all these insane assholes (freelance scientologists, libertarians) keep getting the idea that anybody is "blaming all men" for whatever it is they're talking about? These dudes are hosed in the head

There are some truly reprehensible parts of the internet, especially on YouTube where these ideas are very common and popular. Id suggest a read of the blog “We Hunted The Mammoth” which catalogues much of it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Grouchio posted:

What does the average suburban house in the southeast look like?

who needs a backyards anyway

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Everlasting Boulevard.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

JBP posted:

This guy has been a problem for ages. He was hounded out of the scene because his act was too terrible for open mic, which is borderline unbelievable. As soon as the dick got drawn everyone placed their bets and it looks like they were dead on.

All good dude I know.

quote:

Other comedians told The Age that their peers would be shocked to learn that a member of the local comedy scene had been charged over the graffiti.

:thunk:

I'm inclined to believe your version because I have my doubts that this person is capable of concealing how much he hates women and vaccines for more than thirty seconds.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Aquatic drive, because it is 10km inland.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Hey JBP, I’m sorry for your loss.

Was the guy hounded out of the scene for being a tasteless piece of poo poo that complained that “people didn’t get him” because he was an unfunny fuckhead?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

drunkill posted:

Aquatic drive, because it is 10km inland.

Climate change m8

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dude McAwesome posted:

Hey JBP, I’m sorry for your loss.

Was the guy hounded out of the scene for being a tasteless piece of poo poo that complained that “people didn’t get him” because he was an unfunny fuckhead?

Nah he just did antivax "comedy" constantly as well as his weird anti psych/mra gear. No one liked it, people said they didn't like it and he stopped getting signed up.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

JBP posted:

Everlasting Boulevard.

Extreme hubris

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
"You know, the real criminal here is vaccinations. But how can I get the message out?"

:spray paints a dick on a rape victim's memorial:

"There. That should avoid any confusion."

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

JBP posted:

Nah he just did antivax "comedy" constantly as well as his weird anti psych/mra gear. No one liked it, people said they didn't like it and he stopped getting signed up.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

:thunk:

I'm inclined to believe your version because I have my doubts that this person is capable of concealing how much he hates women and vaccines for more than thirty seconds.

Maybe they didn’t know it was this specific moron, and they might not even consider Nolch as part of the community given his poo poo

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Recoome posted:

Maybe they didn’t know it was this specific moron, and they might not even consider Nolch as part of the community given his poo poo

I know I was vaguely insulted at him being called a 'comedian'. Like, surely you have to be funny on some level to be called that, right?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Man this new SIM City game looks realistic.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Getting sued for defamation to own the libs.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

My GIRLFRIEND wife is part of the comedy scene and got added by him and was FB friends for a while. Asking her yesterday about him she said she quickly deleted him due to his insanity.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Getting sued for defamation to own the libs.

I'm willing to bet he got some incorrect advice that his speech is protected as political free speech.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Lid posted:

I'm willing to bet he got some incorrect advice that his speech is protected as political free speech.

Possible, I'd like to raise the possibility that he's read so many re-nationilized fwd:fwd:fwds that he thinks we have 'First Amendment' to protect him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Also freedom of speech and defamation law coexist, freedom of speech doesnt mean defamation isnt possible or faulty with the law.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I know I was vaguely insulted at him being called a 'comedian'. Like, surely you have to be funny on some level to be called that, right?

Comedians would be rarer than dodos if that was true

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

gucci bane posted:

Comedians would be rarer than dodos if that was true

"Funny on some level" is just about the lowest bar there is.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
It's happening.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Good, hopefully she takes him to the cleaners.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Lid posted:

I reckon it must have gone down somewhat like this:

David FelineHelmet "Should I be worried?"
Also David FelineHelmet "no David. My freeze peach will protect me. Let's double down."

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

toml is leyonhjelm????

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

In a just world Leyonhjelm will lose and also get challenged to a punch on by Turnbull for calling him a pussy.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

His end goal is to make it legal to carry weapons around, "women should take responsibility (by owning tasers)" gets answered with "it's not womens' fault they get murdered", which gets strawmanned as "all men are rapists" it's really simple and makes so much sense

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Hopefully Labor can figure out a good response to the Liberal’s GST proposal. If they stuff it up they can kiss goodbye any potential gains in WA, it’s the only Federal political issue anyone gives a poo poo about over here

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

bandaid.friend posted:

His end goal is to make it legal to carry weapons around, "women should take responsibility (by owning tasers)" gets answered with "it's not womens' fault they get murdered", which gets strawmanned as "all men are rapists" it's really simple and makes so much sense
where do the vaccines come in

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

avshalemon posted:

vaccines cause autism which causes rape and murder duh

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
MAV

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=276530532908590&id=254181658476811

quote:

WARNING: for the greenies/extreme left or those who don’t support my SENATE campaign, you are still able to post negative opinions on the various subjects I’m posting (I believe in free speech) however if you spread FAKE NEWS, discredited news stories or simple lies, I will BLOCK you from my Page. For the record, there are no allegations and there is no civil court action against me. There is NOTHING! I make no apologies for making tough decisions during my business career and if elected to represent Tasmania in the Senate I will be a fighter for our State!

first google result when googling his name:

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/ex-boss-ripped-off-aboriginal-group-ng-b88560972z

:allears:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

avshalemon posted:

they are usually injected into the butt

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1015036241614553088

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Wow. What an arsehole.

I really do wish I had the confidence and tenacity of a demonstrably lovely man, or even a mediocre one at that...

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
looks like we got our Pauline

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is it a case of not understanding technology or just being generally dumb enough to do this unironically?

(please don't say "both")

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

drunkill posted:

I personally don't like mowing the lawn.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I recognise this guy. He has been a candidate in the last couple of state and local elections where I live. He’s a former Liberal party member (and candidate) who runs as an “independent”. He actually got a lot of votes in the last election.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

drunkill posted:

Coming back to this, what boggles my mind is that apartments near actual amenities are deemed unsuitable to raise a family, but living a million miles from town with no backyard is somehow a better way to go?

e: not talking inner city apartment since they don't even build them 2-3 bed, I'm thinking more about the ones within 10kms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Coming back to this, what boggles my mind is that apartments near actual amenities are deemed unsuitable to raise a family, but living a million miles from town with no backyard is somehow a better way to go?

Well some of these houses are vastly bigger than the shitbox apartments in the city, but only some of them. Some of them in that photo are loving tiny.

Anyway this is a housing affordability issue as much as it is an infrastructure, density and planning issue. If housing was more affordable people wouldn't be buying poo poo boxes an hour plus from the city if they had other options.

• Locked thread