Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Happy New Financial Year!

Australian's all let us rejoice If you earn over 80k a year this year, 120k next, and 200k thereafter
for we are young and free You'd better hope it's free with the penalty rate cuts and HECS repayment threshold lowered
with golden soil and wealth for toil In the gig economy wealth for lifters only so you'll be sleeping on that golden soil
our land is girt by sea gently caress Off, We're Full

Our land abounds in natures gifts Uranium, iron ore, natural gas, coal
of beauty rich and rare No jokes here, it's seriously loving rare because we won't see a dime from any of it
In history's page let every stage Book burnings will commence at noon under the Bunnings Snag Stand
Advance Australia Fair No Fat Chicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also there's a bunch of by-elections this month that will hopefully topple the government but don't hold your breath

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm moving to Galway see yas

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

No Fat Chicks

Senator Leyonhjelm?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

G-Spot Run posted:

Also there's a bunch of by-elections this month that will hopefully topple the government but don't hold your breath

It's more likely to topple the Opposition leader - there's a campaign in the media being built by someone to do it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/davpope/status/1013220112554328064

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-01/greyhound-trainers-concerned-reforms-could-destroy-industry/9914870

quote:

NSW Greyhound breeders and trainers are concerned statewide reforms which have started today, could ultimately destroy the industry.
oh no.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comstar posted:

It's more likely to topple the Opposition leader - there's a campaign in the media being built by someone to do it.

Yeah, the usual "by-elections tend to go to the incumbent" narrative has amazingly dried up. Now suddenly if Labor don't win these seats they didn't hold in the first place it's a comment on Shorten's leadership.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

G-Spot Run posted:

How? There are 5 by-elections. 4 seats are held by Labor already, and in the 5th Labor have never been remotely competitive.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Good.

EDIT: Wait, could destroy their industry? Clearly we haven't gone far enough, I want to see will

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Our sport, which is not at all cruel to animals, cannot survive now we are required not to be cruel to animals

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Greyhounds are sooooo cute

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How? There are 5 by-elections. 4 seats are held by Labor already, and in the 5th Labor have never been remotely competitive.

No no no no, they don't have to explain how, they just keep repeating it until it becomes true

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

Our industry, which is not at all cruel to animals, cannot survive now we are required not to be cruel to animals

bandaid.friend posted:

Our industry, which is not at all killing the planet, cannot survive now we are required to stop killing the planet

bandaid.friend posted:

Our industry, which is not at all about fleecing the poor, cannot survive now we are required to stop fleecing the poor

It works in so many ways!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Some bloke in a Holden Colorado drove past me and he had a bumper sticker saying that the banning of single use plastic bags was a 'green nwo conspiracy' to destroy society from within.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
George Soros controls the reusable plastic bag industry, wake up sheeple.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Imagine caring about loving plastic bags.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If you want fact checks on my posting you'll need to pay me more

(user was sacked for this post)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

Some bloke in a Holden Colorado drove past me and he had a bumper sticker saying that the banning of single use plastic bags was a 'green nwo conspiracy' to destroy society from within.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
im glad this plastic bag nonsense has proven SA is actually the best state

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
You guys still have diesel trains or what?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Reclines Obesily posted:

im glad this plastic bag nonsense has proven SA is actually the best state

You have a Liberal State Government, so no.

Victoria Best. Dandrews Premier for Life.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
thank gently caress all those EOFY sales are over.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

You Am I posted:

You have a Liberal State Government, so no.

Victoria Best. Dandrews Premier for Life.

pfft only cause we had a labor one for 15 years so a liberal win was gerrymandered

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Bag report!

Local Coles had every checkout staffed. "To help best satisfy customers". Lucky for Coles management retail O/T rates were also slashed today! Win! Win!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the horrible thing about the last SA election is that labor lost with a swing towards them :cry:

oh and we had the best premier of any state in decades

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Cartoon posted:

Bag report!

Local Coles had every checkout staffed. "To help best satisfy customers". Lucky for Coles management retail O/T rates were also slashed today! Win! Win!

Coles are on an EBA, so they're unaffected. Unaffected in that they still get poo poo penalty rates and have done for years.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That reminds me, when do the cuts to weekend penalty rates start?

Also, the joke I made in the last thread about management referring staff to read their policies on aggressive customers is apparently true. I have a niece who works at a servo that's getting rid of their plastic bags and she told me this morning that they sent out a memo to all staff detailing how they should deal with rude and violent customers losing their poo poo over it.

So, we're literally beyond parody at this point.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Can confirm. Man told me it's lucky we don't have plastic bags as he would have choked me to death with it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Zenithe posted:

Can confirm. Man told me it's lucky we don't have plastic bags as he would have choked me to death with it.
:thunk:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That reminds me, when do the cuts to weekend penalty rates start?

Also, the joke I made in the last thread about management referring staff to read their policies on aggressive customers is apparently true. I have a niece who works at a servo that's getting rid of their plastic bags and she told me this morning that they sent out a memo to all staff detailing how they should deal with rude and violent customers losing their poo poo over it.

So, we're literally beyond parody at this point.

New Andrew Bolt column incoming.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Zenithe posted:

Coles are on an EBA, so they're unaffected. Unaffected in that they still get poo poo penalty rates and have done for years.
:ssh: I knew that but I was being pithy.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Greyhounds are sooooo cute

gonna need some photographic evidence on this one

say hello.jpg
Feb 16, 2012
Non Pol related but awhile ago some one mentioned non lovely super funds, I'm trying to remember the three or so that sucked less then the rest?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Australian Super was one. I found sign up very easy, they have an Android app that tells you when your employer drops some cash in your account and other stuff, they have an ethical investment plan, they let you opt out of some insurance and do the white collar fee reduction application at sign up rather than hiding it. All good things.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

the white collar fee reduction application

What's this?

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Plastic bag ban is both a green nwo conspiracy and good legislation.

We have helped saved the planet, with capitalism (something that was bad for the environment used to be free but now costs money. More poor people, better planet).

Plastic bags are a silly thing to get upset over, but saving the planet by only letting rich people have the bad things is something legitimate to get upset over. It's like an emotional rollercoaster of ideology.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Zenithe posted:

jfc that’s horrible. Hope you’re okay.

gently caress the SDA for bargaining that piece of poo poo EBA that makes workers worse off than they’d be under the award.

There’s never been a more exciting time to be an Australia and killing you’re self

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I was gonna make a joke about them being the Sucking Dick Alliance but that actually sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

G-Spot Run posted:

Australian Super was one. I found sign up very easy, they have an Android app that tells you when your employer drops some cash in your account and other stuff, they have an ethical investment plan, they let you opt out of some insurance and do the white collar fee reduction application at sign up rather than hiding it. All good things.

yeah seconding australian super. when i looked into it a couple of years ago they were good because of all of the above. i think you can manually manage your investments too if you cbf

• Locked thread