Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I unsubbed when he quit but does Griffin do MF anymore, now that he's gone from Polygon?

Official word is they will still be doing the monster factory sporadically, presumably whenever a new game with a sufficiently breakable character editor comes out. They've really been scraping the bottom of the barrel for a while now, definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's good. Some of the WWF games are great MF episodes, but the monster Hunter series was trash.

I still listen to TAZ, Wonderful, and sawbones to get my McElroy fix so dropping MF for awhile isn't a huge letdown.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Peak MF for me will always be "JACOB!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Basticle posted:

Excuse me the Boy Mayor of Second Life and Bart Simpson would like a word with you.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I've always thought they could easily revisit some of the games they've already done. Some of the character editors they've used have an insane amount of variety and they've only used them once for one character.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Basticle posted:

Wasabi the J posted:

Excuse me the Boy Mayor of Second Life and Bart Simpson would like a word with you.

How does your Monster Factory nostalgia go, the Smiths? Pretty good it doesn't seem :colbert:

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

If I had to pick one moment, it would be the Spore playthrough where It crashed and the game put SHRECK THE MOVIE as a competing tribe that Griff had to outfight.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

jonsicoli posted:

If I had to pick one moment, it would be the Spore playthrough where It crashed and the game put SHRECK THE MOVIE as a competing tribe that Griff had to outfight.

I always enjoyed watching the short (good version) of the spore story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwJyP65k2AU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Spore remains the greatest disappointment I have ever played.

To be fair, I've never played that one game with the $30,000 spaceships.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

To be fair, I've never played that one game with the $30,000 spaceships.

Neither has anyone else.

(flailing at whatever pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha boondoggle is available at the moment doesn't count)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

CainsDescendant posted:

They've really been scraping the bottom of the barrel for a while now, definitely.

I wasn't expecting much out of Everybody's Golf but that turned out to be one of my favorite episodes

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Stare-Out posted:

I've always thought they could easily revisit some of the games they've already done. Some of the character editors they've used have an insane amount of variety and they've only used them once for one character.

They could do an entire series on Second Life alone

Also, The Adventure Zone starter petering out around Dust, I think.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
My favorite game glitch is how I accidentally turned the griffin.mcelroy.interval to 0

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Screaming Idiot posted:

They could do an entire series on Second Life alone

Also, The Adventure Zone starter petering out around Dust, I think.

Dust and the new one I can't remember the title to suffer from the same problem, I find. They really, really want to get in on that sweeping narrative thing that had all the sweet retweets going during the end of the first storyline. But they're not doing any of the same slow goofy fun buildup. They're just dropping in some characters and launching into the podcast equivalent of long video game cutscenes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
TAZ was at its best in the first arc when Griffin would try to be serious and the other guys would loving ruin it by being McElroys.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
TAZ finished so great too, though. I haven't been moved by anything as much as that, period.

Kinda meh around the crystal kingdom, though the music in that section was dope. And it brought Upsy your Lifting Friend into the world so that's a bonus.

E: I wish they would have done the superhero one or dust instead of the current one but whatever. Duck is a cool character in that "Jim Hopper but clumsier" kind of way.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Jul 7, 2018

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Basticle posted:

BLULAUGHUGHAUGHULLAGHUAGH

God, that one’s probably my favorite too. Although the best part of any monster factory was definitely this one.

Nuebot posted:

Dust and the new one I can't remember the title to suffer from the same problem, I find. They really, really want to get in on that sweeping narrative thing that had all the sweet retweets going during the end of the first storyline. But they're not doing any of the same slow goofy fun buildup. They're just dropping in some characters and launching into the podcast equivalent of long video game cutscenes.

This was a big problem I had with the mini-arc, but now that they’ve gotten into the first proper arc it’s a lot better. More lighthearted and funny, and the players get more input.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Between the messed up mods and community downloadable sims they couldve stretched the sweeps week MF series out a good deal longer

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PYF Forums Glitch:

The two halves of your avatar don't always sync up when I load the page and makes it pretty trippy. :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

PYF Forums Glitch:

The two halves of your avatar don't always sync up when I load the page and makes it pretty trippy. :v:

I consider that a bonus, and it means I'm not shitposting enough to have it cached in your browser already.

Aphrodite posted:

Oh hey, they finally fixed that issue that added a line between double avatars?

Nope. I made my gang tag my avatar and put both in the title space. On Awful.apk the tag shows up top. If/when I get caught I'll just drop another :10bux: on something because lowtax needs kidney money or whatever.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Jul 9, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh hey, they finally fixed that issue that added a line between double avatars?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If you don't think "toe to tip, that is a bart" is peak monster factory I don't know what to tell you.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I get to wake up to this every morning, and let me tell you, the week it took to make was well worth it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Oh, my God. That's a Bart, alright.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bort Samsan is a national treasure.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

cash crab posted:

Oh, my God. That's a Bart, alright.

That's a regular Bart, right there.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I dunno, seems like a weird bart to me. Where are the chiselled abs? The bloody crotch?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
How did you make that? Is it needled felt?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

It's official Simpsons merch, dude

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Bort Samsan is a national treasure.

I genuinely have trouble not saying "Leeeeeeeeebaaaaa" or "EAT PANTS" instead of the regular terms, now.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I didn't want to break kayfabe, but yeah, you got it. Here are some in-progress photos: http://random-ferret.tumblr.com/post/162680161676/i-will-take-a-hammer-and-fix-the-baby

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

In Fallout: New Vegas, some fella runs the console commands player.kill and player.resurrect at the same time.

You can probably believe what happens next, but I doubt you will predict it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqMTRz0v5g

e:(no preview so you get the fun of guessing)

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Doc Hawkins posted:

In Fallout: New Vegas, some fella runs the console commands player.kill and player.resurrect at the same time.

Huh

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doc Hawkins posted:

Should the song at the end have been "arms wide open" or "take me higher" :thunk:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Doc Hawkins posted:

BUSTO LIVES

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

It looks like that's how they make the Centaurs in Fallout.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Single letter fixes the AI in Aliens : Colonel Marines.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul/news/the-biggest-bug-in-the-game-is-just-one-letter-long

tldr: Teather != Tether in the .ini file

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

I guessed incorrectly.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

I correctly guessed the very basic nature of the problem (crazy physics), but no clue of the sheer scale/chaos and how 2001: A Space Odyssey it was gonna be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

synthetik posted:

Single letter fixes the AI in Aliens : Colonel Marines.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul/news/the-biggest-bug-in-the-game-is-just-one-letter-long

tldr: Teather != Tether in the .ini file

The incompetence is astounding. I bet that Gearbox won't put out an official patch either, because that would mean owning up to their mistake. Maybe Randy Pitchford will start twittering up some indefensible nonsense again.