Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Where do you think you are right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

quoting for new page, I love this image I've sent it without explanation to several people now

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
There's like 20 parts of that picture I feel are about to wink at me.

I couldn't find a keto thread, did someone die from injecting coconut oil into their neck and ruin it for everyone else?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

My Huel arrives tomorrow

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I'm down 48lbs since march. It's loving sucked almost everyday but something tells me it might be worth it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bacontotem posted:

I'm down 48lbs since march. It's loving sucked almost everyday but something tells me it might be worth it.

Change ur username

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Motivational Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-lGSYKaaM

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The concept of a CSI team and a homicide detective trying to put together why a bunch of morbidly obese people died of heart attacks was a good start. Fist-fighting hamburger men was a fair if unexpected conclusion.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Just now bought a digital scale. Te has body fat stuff etc also but really just want to track weight.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Look at this over-indulgent filth I'd never be anything like this *takes sip of 64 oz refill soda*

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Just now bought a digital scale. Te has body fat stuff etc also but really just want to track weight.

The body fat measurements those things give you are wildly inaccurate and unreliable anyway and influenced by all sorts of extraneous factors, best to just not use it at all. TBH anything short of a proper sports-lab analysis using a sit-in pod or a full body scan of some sort is going to be pretty unreliable if you're looking for an exact number

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I heard the calliper method is the most reliable low tech way of estimating body fat. Not sure how reliable, but sure to be cheaper than a frigging immersion tank.

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bacontotem posted:

that's awesome dude keep slaying. You're gonna feel so much better. You probably already kinda do.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Did the 60 day program at my gym, started that in May and just got my final weigh in. Lost 12 pounds, anywhere from 4-8% of body fat judging by how variable the scale there has been every week. Pretty satisfied with that tbh, it was just a fun thing to do while I kept losing weight anyways. Squatted 275x5 today

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Just so people know today I started Huel and it doesn’t taste half bad. No farts or stomach aches. It tastes like oatmeal. I did have cravings for solid food but resisted the urge. Had it for breakfast and lunch and dinner had some chicken breast and vegetables.

My new scale says I’m 172 pounds at 5’6”. Wanna get down to about 155 if i can. Wish me luck

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Just so people know today I started Huel and it doesn’t taste half bad. No farts or stomach aches. It tastes like oatmeal. I did have cravings for solid food but resisted the urge. Had it for breakfast and lunch and dinner had some chicken breast and vegetables.

My new scale says I’m 172 pounds at 5’6”. Wanna get down to about 155 if i can. Wish me luck

Just buy oatmeal, add protein powder once it's cooked, and take a multivitamin. It'll be like 1/4 the price.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piggy Smalls posted:

Good luck because your username and stats combo is hilarious.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Fatkraken posted:

The body fat measurements those things give you are wildly inaccurate and unreliable anyway and influenced by all sorts of extraneous factors, best to just not use it at all. TBH anything short of a proper sports-lab analysis using a sit-in pod or a full body scan of some sort is going to be pretty unreliable if you're looking for an exact number

even bod pods aren't that accurate, they can be off by 5% or more

just look at internet pictures of people at various body fat percentage reference points for an idea of where you're at

unless you have body dysmorphia in which case yeah use calipers

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I love the little ketchup lick after punching the hamburger man in the face

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Always weigh yourself after a huge poop

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

like a cigarette should posted:

Always weigh yourself after a huge poop

Eat enough vegetables and all poops will be huge, like those of a horse.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
My first big chunk of weight loss was a out seven years ago when I went from 240 lbs down to 190. Since then I've had some ups and downs with the weight, but have gotten myself down to 180. My recent goal has been to get down to 170 and put myself into a healthier bmi bracket.

A couple of months ago I went hard with carb cutting and was feeling good. Got down to 175 pretty fast. Then I got an infection that totally stopped me from going to the gym for like 6 weeks. Two weeks ago I got married. I'm off this whole week taking a little vacation and going to cookouts. Got family visting. Just basically eating all drat day. Timing of that infection was awful. Got no one to blame but myself though. I've been too pissed off to even get on the scale. I'm definitely above 180 again. Back to work in a couple of days so hopefully I'll get back into the gym routine and get back the progress I just lost.

Really frustrating, but just got to do what you got to do.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inept posted:

even bod pods aren't that accurate, they can be off by 5% or more

just look at internet pictures of people at various body fat percentage reference points for an idea of where you're at

I do bfr measurements with calipers on people as part of my job. you can't do them on yourself, and if you're not trained you're not going to find the right places to measure. for instance the tricep skinfold requires a measurement with a tape measure from the olecranon to the acromion, marking, pulling the skinfold and measuring for 4 seconds with a certified caliper. repeating 3 times and taking an average, and you do have to take an average because it's always +-half a mm

you're right, people should just use a mirror and look up pictures.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 6, 2018

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inept posted:

sorry if this is an "unpopular" or "not trendy" opinion, but I don't think you should be recommending phrenology for weight loss.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
im quitting alcohol this month, and maybe next month too. ive been weight lifting for awhile, and ive changed my diet, but havent really lost any weight in the last several months. i look less fat, but id like to become thin. im upping the cardio to 4x a week, and typically stay under the calorie limit in my fitness pal (unless i was drinking, which is one of the reasons im quitting).

ive tried IF, but some days im at the gym @ 7 (consume protein powder) and dont get home until 8. im already carrying lunch to work and gym stuff so id prefer to not carry dinner, not that id have a place to cook/eat it. Any ideas? Also MFP says I should consume 1400 cal for where i'd like to be, but a lot of you guys seem to be around that number and are much taller than me. Should i eat less than 1400?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

im quitting alcohol this month, and maybe next month too. ive been weight lifting for awhile, and ive changed my diet, but havent really lost any weight in the last several months. i look less fat, but id like to become thin. im upping the cardio to 4x a week, and typically stay under the calorie limit in my fitness pal (unless i was drinking, which is one of the reasons im quitting).

ive tried IF, but some days im at the gym @ 7 (consume protein powder) and dont get home until 8. im already carrying lunch to work and gym stuff so id prefer to not carry dinner, not that id have a place to cook/eat it. Any ideas? Also MFP says I should consume 1400 cal for where i'd like to be, but a lot of you guys seem to be around that number and are much taller than me. Should i eat less than 1400?

Have you tried keto? It seems pretty bananas to me so far. I've lost like 20 pounds already and I'm not even at the 2 week mark. Only just resumed lifting yesterday too

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I am not sure that it is healthy to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks, are you sure you are not dying

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

like a cigarette should posted:

I am not sure that it is healthy to lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks, are you sure you are not dying

Nah I feel pretty good. I'm gonna guess at least half of it is water obv, 10 of it dropped off within the first two days or so, but I'm counting it goddammit

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Nah I feel pretty good. I'm gonna guess at least half of it is water obv, 10 of it dropped off within the first two days or so, but I'm counting it goddammit

You always lose around 10 when you start keto, carbs make you retain a lot of water.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Have you tried keto? It seems pretty bananas to me so far. I've lost like 20 pounds already and I'm not even at the 2 week mark. Only just resumed lifting yesterday too

Holy poo poo, how loving fat are you? Are you eating at all?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

runupon cracker posted:

Holy poo poo, how loving fat are you? Are you eating at all?

Pretty fat now, I'd guess like 30-35% eyeballing it :( but I'm eating what feels like a lot, just shitloads of eggs and meat and avocados. It's actually pretty difficult to overeat now after cutting carbs and sugar even if I actively try

Also I guess I should probably add a disclaimer that I still have a decent amount of muscle mass left over from the old swole days so my resting metabolism is prob a little higher than somebody starting from total scratch, but the person I was originally responding to said they were lifting and doing cardio regularly so idk

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
11 eggs - 660 calories/66 grams protein
2.6 ounce tuna pouch thing - 80 calories/ 14 grams protein
170 grams of carrots - 70 calories.
smoked a lot of weed
--------------------------------------
810 calories. 80 grams protein. Will try to eat less eggs tomorrow.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

plape tickler posted:

11 eggs - 660 calories/66 grams protein
2.6 ounce tuna pouch thing - 80 calories/ 14 grams protein
170 grams of carrots - 70 calories.
smoked a lot of weed
--------------------------------------
810 calories. 80 grams protein. Will try to eat less eggs tomorrow.

I thought eggs were around 70 or 80 apiece? But either way, that is a lot of fuckin eggs lol, you must be farting all over the place.

I get why keto is good but people on it always seem to eat the blandest stuff and idk why.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The box said 60. They burn strangely clean when that's all you eat. Not really doing keto, just high protein low calorie. Sriracha says 0 calories so I leave that off. Probably 20 calories more in that stuff.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 7, 2018

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Zoe posted:

you must be farting all over the place.

Fartiness is mostly adjustment to new food regimens. I've been very heavy on the beans for a few weeks now and I don't get any more gastric bubbles than normal.

Unless you take LSD, that poo poo gives you wicked farts

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Zoe posted:

I thought eggs were around 70 or 80 apiece? But either way, that is a lot of fuckin eggs lol, you must be farting all over the place.

I get why keto is good but people on it always seem to eat the blandest stuff and idk why.

Blander food means less appetite hence eating less without having to think about it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Stinky_Pete posted:

Blander food means less appetite hence eating less without having to think about it

To think at one point having a lack of a 'healthy appetite' was cause for concern. But we beat it :patriot:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want you all to be fat, because if you're fat it makes me look way better, as a non fat

So rest assured I will be spreading misinformation to you itt to keep you as fat as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
150 cal / 11g protein / sausage egg white pita thing .83 cents
70 cal / 170 grams baby carrots .25 cents
120 cal /12g protein / 2 eggs .15 cents each x2 - .30 cents
--------------------------
$1.38 for 340 calories and 23g protein so far today. I could save more money using unprepared carrots/sandwich etc but whatever I'm not that poor yet. I try to stay around 800 calories when trying to lose weight. The apocalypse is coming, getting lean.