Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Alita is a very good catte who makes room for her toy friends when its nap time.

Oh jeeeeez, thats a good one!

Heres my good one in his two resting states: flump and bamboozled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Here’s Bull my rescue Choco Lab/Mastiff mix. This was the first day I had him, he was still recovering from a massive bladder infection he had when he was found as a stray. When I got him he was a about 90 lbs. The rescue staff named him bull, because he had a huge, wide noggin. The name seemed apt, so I kept it for him.

Here he is after he got to his fighting weight of ~105 lbs.

Sadly he passed about 9 mos ago, but he was a very good dog.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have no doggo pics. Just did my 3rd face laser session, though. God drat it burns so good.

I'm apparently on an unconscious mission to make the cowlick bigger, too.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Jul 5, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Embrace the cowlick! Style your hair around It!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

thumbs up!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

One more

This is current doggo Devil Doll aka DD aka Frito Bandito. She’s a mini-Pinscher I inherited.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

:five:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Recliner time!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Travis Mcelroy?!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Bored waiting for the train.

Lots of good dogs being posted, so here's mine. Happy pup got to go to the beach last weekend!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dang boy

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Schmeichy posted:

Lots of good dogs being posted, so here's mine. Happy pup got to go to the beach last weekend!

Cute pup! Also is that the Sound Transit?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Scathach posted:

Cute pup! Also is that the Sound Transit?

Yep!

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009

Schmeichy posted:

Uh oh. That brings back memories. Rode that thing from Tacotown to Seattle 5 days a week for a year and a half. I swear the Sounder is a double edged sword. Usually on time & way better than driving but your day gets hosed when there are delays.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sweet! Didn't realize you're a local :)

E: god I'm glad my commute is only from one side of Arlington to the other.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

(not my cat, mine aren't being photogenic today)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Just me and my Tobes hiding in the basement

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Your cat looks like the predator

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Arcsquad12 posted:

Chris Hansen would like you to sit down over here

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Arcsquad12 posted:

He acts like it too sometimes

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

(not my cat, mine aren't being photogenic today)

It is still a great cat, and it is okay if your cats aren't photogenic today, because youuuuu arrrrreeeee :glomp:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Pyraen posted:

Uh oh. That brings back memories. Rode that thing from Tacotown to Seattle 5 days a week for a year and a half. I swear the Sounder is a double edged sword. Usually on time & way better than driving but your day gets hosed when there are delays.

Its a new job, and I'm not looking a gift Orca card in the mouth. Commute's ok so far, but I've already stayed in Seattle past the last Sounder back home one time. That bus ride isn't very fun when you miss the train.

Scathach posted:

Sweet! Didn't realize you're a local :)

E: god I'm glad my commute is only from one side of Arlington to the other.

Yeah, and I love your bus life updates!

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

Teagan posted:

It is still a great cat, and it is okay if your cats aren't photogenic today, because youuuuu arrrrreeeee
:hai: :agreed:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Schmeichy posted:

Its a new job, and I'm not looking a gift Orca card in the mouth. Commute's ok so far, but I've already stayed in Seattle past the last Sounder back home one time. That bus ride isn't very fun when you miss the train.

Yeah, and I love your bus life updates!

Thanks!

We really should do a goonmeet out here. I know they do a monthly one at the bars in Seattle but the drive is such a pain.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

JEEVES420 posted:

I shattered the tibia plateau, tore my ACL, and dislocated my knee cap and the doctors wouldn't give me cool metal bones. In the end they just gave up and said my knee was hosed and going to hurt the rest of my life...and it does.
What did you do to get one?

Tore my outer meniscus for the first time in 2002. Repeat injuries in the military in 2004, then 2008, 2012, and then 2017 for the last time. After 2012, there was already basically no meniscus left to prevent any damage, so 2017 was the first time the doc went in and said "uh, poo poo's pretty broken, we need to start thinking knee replacement or alternatives".

The alternative ended up being a corrective osteotomy to widen the joint gap and reduce the friction on the outer knee side, the follow up is gonna be a meniscus implant next year when they remove the titanium plate.

syscall girl posted:

Oh wow, my first knee surgery I was offered the option to have local anesthesia and watch. I refused to but if it's an option do it. You want to see that poo poo go down.

I did that for the first knee surgery. Was in the prep room when they stuck my spine with that huge-rear end needle. What ended up happening was a "high spinal anesthesia", where the anesthetic travels too high up in the spinal column and numbs more poo poo than it should.

What went first (as planned) were my toes, feet, legs, crotch, and then it kept going, at which point I voiced my concern. But as I was still laughing about losing my toes and crotch, the drugdoctor didn't take me seriously. When my diaphragm suddenly went, I started panicking. Like, legit fear of death panicking. Drawing a breath got harder consecutively and I tried telling the doc, but he was still amused over my laughing fit, and suddenly I couldn't draw a conscious breath to save my life. In the delirium of the tranxilium (or dormicum or whatever I got first) I legit thought I was dying.

At some point, the doc realized what was up and they moved real quick to intubate me and went for a general anesthesia, I woke up halfway through surgery, and passed out again after seeing my leg being juggled around in a drug haze.

Had nightmares from that whole experience for several months. Never again, no thank you :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Jul 6, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tore my outer meniscus for the first time in 2002. Repeat injuries in the military in 2004, then 2008, 2012, and then 2017 for the last time. After 2012, there was already basically no meniscus left to prevent any damage, so 2017 was the first time the doc went in and said "uh, poo poo's pretty broken, we need to start thinking knee replacement or alternatives".

The alternative ended up being a corrective osteotomy to widen the joint gap and reduce the friction on the outer knee side, the follow up is gonna be a meniscus implant next year when they remove the titanium plate.

I did that for the first knee surgery. Was in the prep room when they stuck my spine with that huge-rear end needle. What ended up happening was a "high spinal anesthesia", where the anesthetic travels too high up in the spinal column and numbs more poo poo than it should.

What went first (as planned) were my toes, feet, legs, crotch, and then it kept going, at which point I voiced my concern. But as I was still laughing about losing my toes and crotch, the drugdoctor didn't take me seriously. When my diaphragm suddenly went, I started panicking. Like, legit fear of death panicking. Drawing a breath got harder consecutively and I tried telling the doc, but he was still amused over my laughing fit, and suddenly I couldn't draw a conscious breath to save my life. In the delirium of the tranxilium (or dormicum or whatever I got first) I legit thought I was dying.

At some point, the doc realized what was up and they moved real quick to intubate me and went for a general anesthesia, I woke up halfway through surgery, and passed out again after seeing my leg being juggled around in a drug haze.

Had nightmares from that whole experience for several months. Never again, no thank you :colbert:

Ugh, sorry mate

they shaved me before they put me down

why do you need to shave my nuts and look at my sad dick, all you doctors and nurses

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so they can do puppet shows with your weener and take fun selfies

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Slow work evening selfie.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

so they can do puppet shows with your weener and take fun selfies

we just don't know

i don't even have the pictures

for my second knee surgery my doc was just a pro and she was like tell me a joke while we put you down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dfRZktrIlo

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Slow work evening selfie.

Your selfie game is really improving! That’s a v nice selfie, bro

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mocking Bird posted:

Your selfie game is really improving! That’s a v nice selfie, bro

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Also a work selfie. I'm so bored I'm marinating chicken.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My favorite shirt is getting pilled :(. Post-salon selfie. Turns out that hair on the side of your head can grow faster than on top, and it looks really weird if you don't trim it. The mission continues

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Aw you look great, and I looooove your shirt!!!

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My favorite shirt is getting pilled :(. Post-salon selfie. Turns out that hair on the side of your head can grow faster than on top, and it looks really weird if you don't trim it. The mission continues

Psyopmonkey Junior

Your shirt is neat and I like it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My favorite shirt is getting pilled

you can buy shavers that shave the pills off clothes!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

you can buy shavers that shave the pills off clothes!

Hmmm. :hmmyes:

Or, they apparently still make them, and a lot more now!

I bought the shirt a few years ago when it became a kind of meme on EMS facebook pages. It was a fire station that was making them as one-offs by hand to raise money for their station activities, barbecues and stuff. It caught on and I bought one in like August 2015 and it took until December to receive. Looks like they've expanded their line since. Meme'ing helps people sometimes!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
last time I posted my friend Pete here he was very tiny but now he is very medium

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

syscall girl posted:

we just don't know

i don't even have the pictures

for my second knee surgery my doc was just a pro and she was like tell me a joke while we put you down

I always look forward to the general anesthesia so much you usually can't contain me from babbling on.

This time, when the anesthesiologist said that the assistant could administer the fentanyl, I said "oh man, you're giving me the good stuff alright" and she responded by saying "oh, you're getting something even better in a second when the Propofol starts coming in", so I immediately giggled that that was the stuff that did Michael Jackson in.

I tried to say something really funny about dancing but I'm pretty sure I went out before making any sense of it. General anesthesia owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I always look forward to the general anesthesia so much you usually can't contain me from babbling on.

This time, when the anesthesiologist said that the assistant could administer the fentanyl, I said "oh man, you're giving me the good stuff alright" and she responded by saying "oh, you're getting something even better in a second when the Propofol starts coming in", so I immediately giggled that that was the stuff that did Michael Jackson in.

I tried to say something really funny about dancing but I'm pretty sure I went out before making any sense of it. General anesthesia owns

Yeah my penguin joke made no sense.

They were just "goodbye"