Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sayo is good and it's fun to imagine Hina as a psycopathic yandere who exists to completely validate Sayo's inferiority complex because I am a broken individual who wants his animes to be as broken as he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Some people like Hina, some people like Sayo.

Some people who like Hina think Sayo is an evil shrew and a heartless abusive witch who hates her sister for being naturally talented while some people who like Sayo think Hina cares only for her own amusement and doesn’t care that she crushes her sister’s dreams and looks down on everyone for not being as naturally gifted as she is.

The idea that they’re teens with teen problems who still happen to love each other despite their problems never seems to enter the realm of possibility.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Bit late but posting here anyway

Took her drat time really

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I'm tempted to say die, but then I saw the roll counter and now I'm conflicted…

Happy Mirei day, I guess.

Also Hina takes a while to stop being an rear end in a top hat to pretty much everyone she meets. That's kinda her thing. Which is kinda funny, because she's not really too bad towards her sister on purpose

Also, Sayo is kinda an rear end in a top hat to everyone she meets, too. She chills out way faster, though.

Nodosaur posted:

The new Hina and Sayo event is pretty good, though it's reminding me how I looked into the fandom and saw that everyone who talks about it tries to make one sister out to be the literal devil. So that's disappointing.

I assume this is vague because you mean people pick one and the other's the awful one?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Here is the rolls screencapped except 70 to 80 cause I was too hasty

https://imgur.com/a/wCpoVEa

I was pretty scared I might had to spark for her to be honest. Sad no Fumika came to complete the set but what can you do, got plenty of perms to somewhat make up for it

But yeah my hoard of jewels is pretty much drained

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zenostein posted:

I'm tempted to say die, but then I saw the roll counter and now I'm conflicted…

Happy Mirei day, I guess.

Also Hina takes a while to stop being an rear end in a top hat to pretty much everyone she meets. That's kinda her thing. Which is kinda funny, because she's not really too bad towards her sister on purpose

Also, Sayo is kinda an rear end in a top hat to everyone she meets, too. She chills out way faster, though.

I assume this is vague because you mean people pick one and the other's the awful one?

I elaborated in another post and that's basically the case, yes.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nodosaur posted:

Some people like Hina, some people like Sayo.

Some people who like Hina think Sayo is an evil shrew and a heartless abusive witch who hates her sister for being naturally talented while some people who like Sayo think Hina cares only for her own amusement and doesn’t care that she crushes her sister’s dreams and looks down on everyone for not being as naturally gifted as she is.

The idea that they’re teens with teen problems who still happen to love each other despite their problems never seems to enter the realm of possibility.

Zenostein posted:

Fair. As I said, I just got into Bandori a month ago, so I'm not familiar with a lot of the fandom and who people consider best girl and best band. Hina just seems a lot more chill to me, albeit because she really doesn't care about much because she's so good at anything she tries to do, and likes dunking on people like Aya. Same reason I like Moca a lot too. As I said before, Roselia is my favorite band with Afterglow coming in second, but Sayo really seems high strung and all that. Yeah, she chills out over the course of the Roselia story, but it never quite leaves. Watching some of the Roselia live concerts though, her VA doesn't seem that way at all, she looks very chill.

Speaking of VAs and Roselia, Ako's totally looks and acts the part from what I've seen. Also, Ako birthday is apparently today according to my most recent login, so that's cool. Just wish I had enough to do a pull.

Also, watched the Bandori anime over the past couple of days, it was good if solely focused on PoPiPa and the art left something to be desired. Oh well, PoPiPa is a solid middle of the pack band, so it wasn't a waste of time, and the characters were good. Now if only the characters from the other bands weren't only cameos and Roselia actually sang or something. More GlitterGreen would've been nice too, for the Milky Holmes cast stuff. I barely recognized Soramaru's voice there, but once I got used to it and her mannerisms, the Nico came though their drummer real easy, and I picked up Mimorin as Yuri right away,

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 3, 2018

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ooh, the 6.0 update for SIF gives a performance chart at the end of a song, I did miss having better review tools.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

nielsm posted:

Ooh, the 6.0 update for SIF gives a performance chart at the end of a song, I did miss having better review tools.

Yeah, was just about to mention that myself now that I remembered to update the game. The new Scouting screen is cool too, as is the better login rewards screen letting you know what's coming next and when your next login milestone is, Wonder if Soul Gem rewards have come in yet?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Nodosaur posted:

I elaborated in another post and that's basically the case, yes.

This is what I get for not paying attention to usernames. But that's the usual thing, isn't it? Ignoring the bad bits about a character you like. It's just way more noticeable when they're twins and don't match.

Also I'm glad they stole the birthday thing from Million Live(rip) and put it into Million Live.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

Watching some of the Roselia live concerts though, her VA doesn't seem that way at all, she looks very chill.

Speaking of VAs and Roselia, Ako's totally looks and acts the part from what I've seen.

I think Sayo’s VA is the one said to be the least likely to stay in character.

Also, Ako’s VA was also Tsubasa in Love Live and it makes me wish A-RISE has gotten to perform live like Saint Snow got to later.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

KariOhki posted:

I think Sayo’s VA is the one said to be the least likely to stay in character.

Sounds about right from what little I saw of them performing live.

KariOhki posted:

Also, Ako’s VA was also Tsubasa in Love Live and it makes me wish A-RISE has gotten to perform live like Saint Snow got to later.

I remember reading that a couple of times, but it never really stuck in my mind, because I couldn't reconcile the two characters in my head, they're so dissimilar. But yeah, seeing A-RISE do Shocking Party or Private Wars live would've been nice, too bad it never happened.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
someone post Hina laughing at a dying bird

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

someone post Hina laughing at a dying bird

https://twitter.com/moquette2/status/932912197600083968

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ty pols. Maybe I'll TS that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the sisters are mean

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Well I got to play in a bandori multilive session with Aina Aiba at Anime Expo so I guess I can never complain about my gacha luck ever again.

I did get two 4* on my last pull when the event started though, the new Sayo and a Yukina. Super behind on actually playing the event, I think I’m burnt out from the last one.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

KariOhki posted:

Well I got to play in a bandori multilive session with Aina Aiba at Anime Expo so I guess I can never complain about my gacha luck ever again.

I did get two 4* on my last pull when the event started though, the new Sayo and a Yukina. Super behind on actually playing the event, I think I’m burnt out from the last one.

Congrats. I really wish AnimeNYC would get some Bandori or LL people over here soon, but I guess I gotta wait for the con to be more established first. Still, it seems to be growing in a good way, and they know what they're doing, with Peter Tatara in charge, who used to run New York Anime Festival before it got eaten by NYCC, then ran ReedPop's Anime side for a couple years after before leaving to start Leftfield Media.

They got Aniplex and the FGO director out here for their first year, plus the Anisong Diva Night thing they did, so I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens again this year.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Aiai just had a rehearsal, and it was rad as gently caress. Folks breaking UOs and everything. Actual preformance imminently!

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
The Roselia outfit is great to see relatively up close (I was like ten rows back from the stage). Even more UOs were broken! Only two songs (Louder and Passionate Starmine) but it was great.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I loved that she made note of the full group Roselia cosplay on stage right. Just wish I had been carrying my kingblades to wota along, but I am sore from Aqours and otaquest last night.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It was awesome, if short. The lady behind me wota'd so hard she broke her blade.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
FULLY DEVOTED

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Teaser trailer for the Love Live Sunshine movie apparently just dropped at Fukuoka and Lantis promptly put it up on YouTube. Aqours is going Over the Rainbow to Rome. Also, Mari center on the Spanish Steps, because of course that would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XbF59NVETY

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I finally got Discord, so can I get a link to this thread's idol chat?

Also, Lantis released a preview of the 4th Live theme song, which is not the 4th single. Gives me a Mi is for Music vibe, and the B-side is giving me quite the hit to the feels, especially with the countdown at the end there. Nice costumes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmhgO6AFQo

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

GhostStalker posted:

I finally got Discord, so can I get a link to this thread's idol chat?

Also, Lantis released a preview of the 4th Live theme song, which is not the 4th single. Gives me a Mi is for Music vibe, and the B-side is giving me quite the hit to the feels, especially with the countdown at the end there. Nice costumes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmhgO6AFQo

https://discord.gg/gpFTrj

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

graybook posted:

I loved that she made note of the full group Roselia cosplay on stage right. Just wish I had been carrying my kingblades to wota along, but I am sore from Aqours and otaquest last night.

Oh yea! My friend is the Rinko in that group. They double-died since most of them managed to get autograph tickets Friday (The one day it wasn't completely insane because they added an extra 30 with no warning).

Speaking of which I should get my signboard out and set it somewhere safe. With all the camping I did for that, definitely don't want it getting damaged.

And then I did it again the next day because there was small girl who really wanted one and was desperately trying to find someone to sell her their ticket, and well, I guess I wanted to do something nice.

The crazy bit was hearing people offering $500 for the autograph vouchers. I don't doubt it given idol signatures are notoriously hard to get, but still, crazy.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

NO MORE.

No more shall we bow to the whims of the tyrant Allarion! A new new day of idols is dawning. The people rise up and cast off the chains of oppression! Yes, we will keep what was good of the old ways, but we shall cast aside the bad, and the creepy, and the horses.

By the will of the people, I have seized control of the idolwatch from that cruel despot. This season we're looking at:

・Pripara (ongoing, two eps per week, from episode 18)
・Aikatsu Friends (ongoing, from episode 12)
・Music Girls (seasonal, new!)
・Revue Starlight (seasonal, new!)
・Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Theater season 3 (short, filler)
・BanG Dream! Garupa☆Pico (short, filler)

I refer you to the oppressor's fine write-ups for the new stuff.

Same idol time (Saturdays, 1 pm pdt/4 pm edt/8 pm utc), new idol channel. I'll have some kind of pregame ~25 minutes before. Maybe something new, maybe something old.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Link expired before I got a chance to join. Can I get another invite, please?

Also, Yohane birthday scout. Pretty happy with what I got, thanks for the datenshi Circus SSR shoukan, plus two more SRs:

Dexanth posted:

Oh yea! My friend is the Rinko in that group. They double-died since most of them managed to get autograph tickets Friday (The one day it wasn't completely insane because they added an extra 30 with no warning).

Speaking of which I should get my signboard out and set it somewhere safe. With all the camping I did for that, definitely don't want it getting damaged.

And then I did it again the next day because there was small girl who really wanted one and was desperately trying to find someone to sell her their ticket, and well, I guess I wanted to do something nice.

The crazy bit was hearing people offering $500 for the autograph vouchers. I don't doubt it given idol signatures are notoriously hard to get, but still, crazy.

poo poo jealous of your continued idol adventures.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Finally had some decent gacha luck. Not only the current event Ako, also two other new 3* for the collection.

Also a really cute Hagumi event prize.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It’s time for Nico Nii

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Dupe city, but at least things got better at the end. Happy birthday, Nico!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Dupe city, but at least things got better at the end. Happy birthday, Nico!

Blessed. Nico Nico Ni!

Posted this in Discord, but my Step Up came out pretty good:

Ice Cream Nico idolized, plus Pirate Nico gets more skill slots.

Also, Nico Day was my 800th login, so I got some BTs. Tried to imitate Rinsenpai, since he got 6 URs off of 50 BTs, and it turned out super well!

BIRB IN THE POOL! My second idolized UR!

Now to watch Ai-chan's new Nico Scouting video...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
well, guess I'm playing gbf

https://twitter.com/granbluefantasy/status/1022073997972783105

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice Ayame

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
FES FES FES

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Lost my account so I started over again. Drew this morning and got the Udagawa sisters 4*s to start off. Decent shape for when a powerful event comes up.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
FES FES FES

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Whale fes fes fes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022