Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just did that today too. Wish I’d paid closer attention to the notes and lore cause wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I just did that today too. Wish I’d paid closer attention to the notes and lore cause wtf

It's supremely hosed up. And also you supremely hosed up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Despite my complaints, I still think this game is fully sick. I'm just now finally doing the School Gear treasure hunts now. Cat school quest was loving gnarly dude lol, shitt. Felt bad yet good about killing that dude. gently caress.

the witcher gear quests are great, did em all even if i didn't plan on using the actual suits (you get a shitload of other rewards anyway on top of the good Lore)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Got Enhanced Griffin School set on now. I'll prolly leave it til I can upgrade Cat School stuff, plus I like the green motif going on with it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The armor in this game looks cool in general

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I dont remember the quests per say but its funny how like 90 percent of players do cat and griffin, but i guess thats kind of railroaded in by the optimal gameplay loadout most people settle into.
Which is something im sure they realuzed and hope is different in cyberpunk

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cat school ftw

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cat School? I got to play this lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

I dont remember the quests per say but its funny how like 90 percent of players do cat and griffin, but i guess thats kind of railroaded in by the optimal gameplay loadout most people settle into.
Which is something im sure they realuzed and hope is different in cyberpunk

It’s either that or look like a clown fool or have Geralt pretend to be a Redanian halberdier for some reason.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can you dye armor?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Black Redanian halberdier armor would look like the undertaker or like a fantasy metal bassist, that would be so sick lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can you dye armor?

Yes but only in Blood and Wine and only Witcher gear sets

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think dyes will drop in the base game if you have the dlc installed but you can only buy them in the dlc area

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Good to know. Speaking of the dlc I kinda wish the game made dlc quests more obvious in the world. I walked into a random house and started a long dialogue that I won't remember by the time I can actually complete the quest

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Black Redanian halberdier armor would look like the undertaker or like a fantasy metal bassist, that would be so sick lmao

There is a black recolor of it but I forget what its called.

Like THE REDEEMER or soemthing. Found it near endgame.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’m on Chapter 3 now. King Henselt was acting like a total oval office, after all I went through to loving help him, so I let Roche stab him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlhZqLiDr28

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Just did some druid quests in skellige and these druids are all assholes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Finally got to skellige, it's a nice change of scenery. I'm so tired of that drat swamp

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Finally got to skellige, it's a nice change of scenery. I'm so tired of that drat swamp

skellige is cool as hell and i love where the game goes with it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just finished TW2. For all the months of procrastinating through the first game, this one only took a couple of weeks- I thoroughly enjoyed it. In the end, I decided to hand Anais over to Natalis and the Temerians because I'm not Radovid's bitch, and his friendship with the Flaming Rose got on my nerves after all that poo poo I went through in the first game. I also let Letho live, because honestly his death wouldn't really matter at that point and I got what I wanted from him.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just finished TW2. For all the months of procrastinating through the first game, this one only took a couple of weeks- I thoroughly enjoyed it. In the end, I decided to hand Anais over to Natalis and the Temerians because I'm not Radovid's bitch, and his friendship with the Flaming Rose got on my nerves after all that poo poo I went through in the first game. I also let Letho live, because honestly his death wouldn't really matter at that point and I got what I wanted from him.

you now have an incredible gaming experience ahead of you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

you now have an incredible gaming experience ahead of you

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Thinking about potential builds while AFG (away from game), guess I'm in it to win it at this point.

I've been sleeping on igni but apparently I have like a base 80% chance to burn, and I am all about muh DOTs. Aard for packs of humans, igni for packs of monsters.. seems hard to gently caress up. Gonna respec again at 22 when I unlock another skill slot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Thinking about potential builds while AFG (away from game), guess I'm in it to win it at this point.

This is when the game ascends to god tier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scribbling on a notepad during the morning meeting:

twin blades. Maybe kill Eileen ASAP
ARC 40
Earliest fire gem? Check this.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

While making GBS threads, to self: Wondering if leveling aard is even worth the points/slots since none of the upgrades sound great, and it works fine as is..

Started moving into the Green tree as well, going to mainly focus on oils and bombs there since I actually have some good recipes for them now, and the oil tree adds to muh DOTs autism..

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Aard is thoroughly mediocre until B&W when it becomes one of the most comically OP signs

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

DOTism

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Instantly calculating the exact total damage of a poison proc thanks to my dotism.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It seems to knock over human opponents way more frequently than monsters, so I like using it vs bandits and poo poo. It especially helps indoors when combat is even more awkward, just knock them on their rear end and insta kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

aard owns for human opponents, especially with the 360 radius upgrade that really undersells itself lol

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

While making GBS threads, to self: Wondering if leveling aard is even worth the points/slots since none of the upgrades sound great, and it works fine as is..

Started moving into the Green tree as well, going to mainly focus on oils and bombs there since I actually have some good recipes for them now, and the oil tree adds to muh DOTs autism..

i dont think theres a wrong way to spec your character, one of the rare games where its good to have a mix of skills instead of going all-in on a specific tree

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

aard owns for human opponents, especially with the 360 radius upgrade that really undersells itself lol

i dont think theres a wrong way to spec your character, one of the rare games where its good to have a mix of skills instead of going all-in on a specific tree

Yeah that's what I've been doing, I mostly just want to use those quen points on other signs now that I have a better grasp of how to deal with the combat. Probably keep the first quen upgrade but I have no use for the healing bubble anymore

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wait.. do monsters even have armor to melt?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can we all agree that Yrden is lame and the least satisfying sign.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Can we all agree that Yrden is lame and the least satisfying sign.

Strongly agreed. It's why I hate fighting wraiths. Moon dust bombs are great against a single one but gently caress having to use yrden.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I do the sign that gets enemies to attack each other while I eat steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Geralt: Dead lady died here. Lipstick stained with tears. Was definitely sad when she died. It’s a noonwrath, no question.

Me: Yessss! Awesome.

• Locked thread