Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's the tweet that got her fired MEGA HUGE content warning if you can't take extreme emotional abuse

https://mobile.twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1014554296107483136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i have zero doubt i could defeat a hundred redditors in hand to hand combat.

imagine being afraid of them?

yes, but did you study the blade?

heh

i thought not

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Edit: arguing on the internet with strangers about id politics in the wrong thread for it is a waste of time, so I erased my post in order to stop further derails.

You could have gone with "edit: nvm", you goober.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TinTower posted:

This year's reason was more ridiculous, though; they're using her playing Pot of Greed (which allows you to draw two extra cards from your deck) during a game of Uno in a skit with one of the other hosts (I forget which one) as the reason why games are dying.

:whoptc:

I'm pretty glad I didn't read the twitch chat when I was watching SGDQ. I thought it was really well done this year and I liked having actual hosted interludes between the runs rather than just "please stand by for ten minutes while we plug in a different console".

But seriously what the hell is wrong with people. What if we had an all-trans GDQ? Would they just die of rage?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

zoux posted:

Here's the tweet that got her fired MEGA HUGE content warning if you can't take extreme emotional abuse

God that smarmy "You're wrong and here's why" really gets at my goat*. It's not a discussion if you start by telling the other person they're wrong and listing a bunch of reasons. That's not a discussion, that's you trying to shut someone down under a veneer of discussion. A real discussion involves asking questions while presenting your point of view.

*I don't remember the idiom but goats are funny.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

It’s really nice of Mr. Johnson to let people know in his username that he’s a manbaby.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Please move on from cischat. Last warning.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Isn't this on the level of :biotruths:?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

making blanket statements about people is bad, not because you're going to hurt some white dude's fee-fees but because acting like people's behaviors is powerfully driven by their biologies is actually a fairly damaging way to diminish guilt.

the fact white men think they're entitled to grabbing everyone's honkers is a problem that needs to be solved, but acting like it's something that 'guys' do isn't really productive in any way and actually helps people avoid culpability for their actions.

Yeah because when I said cis male, I meant "as a result of the Y chromosomes". Toxic masculinity, what's that?

edit: sorry missed the call off post.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Still railing on that "Wakana is right but LIEBERALS only like them because their black" line.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The defense line, "If you restrict my freedom of speech, YOU'RE the Nazi" has always struck me as evidence that a lot of people understand very little about Nazi Germany. Reminds me of the time a woman said to my dad, "[The bank] has all our money and we need them, and they charge us. If that isn't communism, I don't know what is."

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Also a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cash crab posted:

If that isn't communism, I don't know what is."

She's right folks

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Data Graham posted:

Not sure what thread to put this in, but IOSM seems closest.

Yeah big fuckin talk from someone who would have made his money by following Rule 0: "Be in the right place at the right time"

Thanks for the goddamn attitude Jimmy Johns

Point 1: Life isn't fair!
Points 2-11: justworld.txt

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Still railing on that "Wakana is right but LIEBERALS only like them because their black" line.
I also like how the First Amendment applies in Europe.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

nerd plus rage posted:

Point 1: Life isn't fair!
Points 2-11: justworld.txt

I swear next time these fuckers whine about affirmative action, welfare, or lax punishments I'm just gonna say :smug: "Life's not fair, suck it up buttercup!"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Looks like I'm gonna have to boycott ArenaNet and their big games ....*checks notes*.... oh looks like I already am.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I 🤗 have broken more Elton John 🏳️‍🌈 records 🔊, he seems to have a lot of records 💯. And I, by the way 👉, I don’t have a musical🎵 instrument🎷 . I don’t have a guitar🎸 or an organ 🎹 . No organ. Elton has an organ 🍆 . And lots of other people 👥helping 👌. No we’ve broken🤯 a lot of records🎰. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know 👓💁🏼‍♂️, look I only need this space🚀. They need much more room 🏘. For basketball 🏀 , for hockey 🏒 and all of the sports 🤼‍♀️, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space 🎇. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical 🎼 : the mouth 👄 . And hopefully the brain 🧠 attached to the mouth. Right ➡️? The brain 🐘, more important than the mouth, is the brain 🐙. The brain 🐬 is much more important 🍑🔥🔥🔥.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Free speech for all except Nazis.

There

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/Sam_Woodson/status/1014879890326343680

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Admiral Joeslop posted:

God that smarmy "You're wrong and here's why" really gets at my goat*. It's not a discussion if you start by telling the other person they're wrong and listing a bunch of reasons. That's not a discussion, that's you trying to shut someone down under a veneer of discussion. A real discussion involves asking questions while presenting your point of view.

*I don't remember the idiom but goats are funny.

I can't imagine having to deal with poo poo like this on a daily basis, but I'm a man, so that's why.

Reminds me of this that I saw today.

https://twitter.com/MelissaStetten/status/1013293298214100994

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

InediblePenguin posted:

discussing the effects of the hosed up way men are socialized (and specifically cis men, since children who grow up to be trans are interacting with gender socialization in an entirely different way than cis male boys) is not, in fact, on the level of making up spurious just-so stories to explain why the vagina makes women only fit for homemaking, no, and I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor; you must spend a lot of your life being confused about things. one hint: consider the ideas of "socialization" and "biological determination" and if you try hard you might see the difference between them

I like you

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
MRAs are horrible, news at eleven:

https://twitter.com/TakedownMRAs/status/1015465130845396993
https://twitter.com/AnthonyLarme/status/1015165061415858178

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Jul 7, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I feel like I'm almost more offended by that loving horrible tie :wtf:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If the days adventures involves a baseball cap and sunglasses then getting out of bed was probably not a good idea in the first place.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

belt posted:

I can't imagine having to deal with poo poo like this on a daily basis, but I'm a man, so that's why.

To defend the University of Adelaide, it was actually Renewal SA that has the Mansplaining.jpg hoarding up.

Renewal SA is a government initiative.

So yeah, that's worse.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Julius Caesar modern reimagining looking good

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I never saw the movie, but isn't the point that Wakanda eventually and rightfully abandons being an isolationist (not-actually-ethno-)state?

Nazis: don't understand character growth. Also who cares it's a loving comic book jfc

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

belt posted:

I love the way every woman in the picture is very obviously thinking SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Rule 13: Do As I Say, Not As I Do

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1014926823443058689?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

If the days adventures involves a baseball cap and sunglasses then getting out of bed was probably not a good idea in the first place.

You could be playing baseball/softball/kickball on a sunny day?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skwirl posted:

You could be playing baseball/softball/kickball on a sunny day?

Ugh, pass.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

zoux posted:

I have 5k hours in GW2 and remember Arenanet as a good company and even the subreddit as mostly reasonable. Seeing the company management turning into spineless cowards and the subreddit going full GG is depressing af.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Free speech for all except Nazis.

There

Free speech for all, ESPECIALLY Nazis. It's important we know who to punch.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

felch me daddy jr. posted:

I have 5k hours in GW2 and remember Arenanet as a good company and even the subreddit as mostly reasonable. Seeing the company management turning into spineless cowards and the subreddit going full GG is depressing af.

Garbage tends to be the natural state of subreddits though. I don't know why you'd be surprised she got fired, either. She has an apparent history of doing very corporate unfriendly things like publicly admitting to being happy a (lovely) man died, on a social media account under her real name that lists where she works. There's only so many fires they're going to tolerate for one employee before dropping them.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Garbage tends to be the natural state of subreddits though. I don't know why you'd be surprised she got fired, either. She has an apparent history of doing very corporate unfriendly things like publicly admitting to being happy a (lovely) man died, on a social media account under her real name that lists where she works. There's only so many fires they're going to tolerate for one employee before dropping them.

I didn't research any more than what was mentioned in this thread, which said she was fired over that tweet specifically. Still, the other tweet you mention doesn't seem too egregious either imo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Look at the comments of this completely unrelated tweet of hers

https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1014898054107762688

Or don't, that's probably the better idea.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I would hate to be a Jimmy John's employee and have to see that sign at work every day.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Fathis Munk posted:

I thought this referred to not finishing Fallout 4 but then I went into the comments and :sigh:

https://twitter.com/AlexBK1996/status/1015201613189976064

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gitro posted:

I never saw the movie, but isn't the point that Wakanda eventually and rightfully abandons being an isolationist (not-actually-ethno-)state?

Nazis: don't understand character growth. Also who cares it's a loving comic book jfc

Yup. Several characters close to the main character give him good reasons to abandon the isolationism. It's pretty light on dealing with race related stuff, being a Marvel movie; a lot of viewers agreed with the villain's point of view even if he went about things in a "bad" way.

It's a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fathis Munk posted:

Look at the comments of this completely unrelated tweet of hers

https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1014898054107762688

Regrettably, it is time once again to eradicate all gamers.