Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

We're adults now and if you're going to make a joke about a touchy subject it actually has to be funny, not just crude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

AWarmBody posted:

I wonder if the sound of chickens/children playing that the kids claimed to have heard was the cave ghost :(

C-c-c-c-cave ghost?!?!?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fartbox posted:

Rape is just what naturally occurs in caves
Ted's Caving Page finally makes sense.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I would say call the Vatican to send a team but they only specialize in boys trapped in naves.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yJvXDwdsn4

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I would say call the Vatican to send a team but they only specialize in boys trapped in naves.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Collapsing Farts posted:

Things okay to joke about

1 - Murder
2 - Mass shootings
3 - Wars
4 - Terrorism
5 - Divers dying in caves

Things not okay to joke about

1 - rape??

Is it because a lot of goons have been raped or know rape victims? I don't get why it is seemingly the only subject on these forums that some people will immediately take offense to but then go into another thread and laugh about 9/11

Explain what was the "joke" of those posts.

Also I'm pretty sure the same guy who made them also posted and defended his unironic elaborate torture fantasies in the Madsen thread (the one about the guy who killed a reporter in a submarine).

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Raldikuk posted:

The composition of the troposphere is nearly uniform across altitude so at the top of Everest there is still 21% oxygen by mass. However with substantially lower partial pressure in the lungs less oxygen can enter into your bloodstream so at the altitude of Everest you get the same oxygen as if it were 6.9% at sea level even though by mass it is still 21%.

thats a very interesting fact actually, thank you. i thought there was just plain old less oxygen up there

i'm glad some good came of this whole cave ordeal after all

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
komodo dragon was obviously loving with ya'll

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Marlboro for Cats posted:

We're not the youngest ones he's loving with.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Doesn't Thailand have a king? his realm, his responsibility

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kazak posted:

Doesn't Thailand have a king? his realm, his responsibility
Yes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Marlboro for Cats posted:

i-was-only-pretending-to-be-retarted.meme

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

KakerMix posted:

i-was-only-pretending-to-be-retarted.meme

Amusingly also works for the post above you too.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

So drill from topside?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Cool he already brought one boy out

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

his farts are collapsing

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ditty bout my clitty posted:

So drill from topside?

There’s that tiny part with 1 km of mountain with roadless jungle on top

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

his farts are collapsing

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Remember to never take a photo of the king of thailand where a woman's foot is shown. It's very disrespectful

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ethanol posted:

There’s that tiny part with 1 km of mountain with roadless jungle on top

Look at the drawing, it's loving astroturf.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I really hope I don't get banned or anything for this post. This is a serious question. I'm not a troll.

We're all adults here. We all understand that in real-life, throughout the ages, when a cave was explored by children, or when children played a coastal soccer game, rape was simply part of the deal. I wouldn't be bringing this up if it weren't for the promise of full media coverage, during soccer rescue operations. I personally believe that a short animation (nothing X-rated) that simply suggests these Thai children are being sexually defiled would add to the harsh consequences of being trapped in a cave. Harsh consequences is something that is absent from most soccer tournaments, and it's something that we all desire. A little humiliation, combined by some serious smack talk from the coach, would really make me think twice about traveling through the jungle during monsoon season. I mean, we're all very comfortable with the idea of MURDERING other children, which is what happens when you consume under capitalism. Surely, what I'm proposing is less morally questionable?

I just think that spelunking should be something that is truly horrible,and those who oppose it should feel as though they are fighting evil itself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

'Hero or zero?': Thailand abuzz over coach who led boys into cave – then kept them alive

quote:

The Bangkok Post reports the coach made sure the kids drank water dripping from cave walls and not the murky floodwaters that trapped them. And he shared his portion of the limited food rations with the group.

A Thai Navy SEAL told Thai website Sanook that Ekapol's condition had deteriorated more than any of the players by the time the group was found. CNN published a similar report.

Ekapol also taught the kids meditation to help them remain calm and not dwell on their hunger. Ekapol grew up an orphan and lived in a temple in the nearby province of Lamphun for almost half his life, Khaosod reports.

The team's head coach, Naparat Guntawong said he would not have approved the cave hike, but that he was confident in Ekapol's ability to keep the boys safe.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Call Your Grandma posted:

I really hope I don't get banned or anything for this post. This is a serious question. I'm not a troll.

We're all adults here. We all understand that in real-life, throughout the ages, when a cave was explored by children, or when children played a coastal soccer game, rape was simply part of the deal. I wouldn't be bringing this up if it weren't for the promise of full media coverage, during soccer rescue operations. I personally believe that a short animation (nothing X-rated) that simply suggests these Thai children are being sexually defiled would add to the harsh consequences of being trapped in a cave. Harsh consequences is something that is absent from most soccer tournaments, and it's something that we all desire. A little humiliation, combined by some serious smack talk from the coach, would really make me think twice about traveling through the jungle during monsoon season. I mean, we're all very comfortable with the idea of MURDERING other children, which is what happens when you consume under capitalism. Surely, what I'm proposing is less morally questionable?

I just think that spelunking should be something that is truly horrible,and those who oppose it should feel as though they are fighting evil itself.

the internet was a mistake

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I like that their last resort is blowing the place to hell and hoping there aren’t any cave-ins.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Hello Muddah, hello Faddah
Here I am at Camp Pattaya
Camp is very entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

givepatajob posted:

lol

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Why hasn't Elon Musk invented waterproof child cages yet

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
LET ELON WORK

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

givepatajob posted:

whoa

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

if elon musk doesn't accomplish anything here, he basically just inserted himself into a tragic news story for free press. and that's bad.

fingers crossed that the engineers he sent are just a little less stupid than he is

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

The cave was a mistake.

(Don't go into caves, flooded or otherwise.)

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Hello Mudda
Hello Fadda
Life is fun at
Camp Cave-on-ya

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

givepatajob posted:

Jesus Christ

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

givepatajob posted:

How tf did I miss this

:golfclap:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

givepatajob posted:

:piaa:

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

It took ten kids drowning in a cave to answer the question of rape jokes on the internet. The lord really does work in mysterious ways.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

AWarmBody posted:

Why hasn't Elon Musk invented waterproof child cages yet

He's not going to reveal the secrets in his basement without good cause.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Haven't been in the thread for a whole 10 hours and I'm proud of how nicely our cave graphics have come along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*some lovely graphic designer for Reuters* I'm...doing it .. for the kids.

• Locked thread