Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
yeah obviously but when the alternative seems to be human sacrifice its not really surprising people look at the magic rocket man for hope. and newspapers are never going to pick a middle ground between despair and hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

They were amused by my optimism, but they didn’t really buy it. They were not interested in how to avoid a calamity; they’re convinced we are too far gone. For all their wealth and power, they don’t believe they can affect the future. They are simply accepting the darkest of all scenarios and then bringing whatever money and technology they can employ to insulate themselves — especially if they can’t get a seat on the rocket to Mars.

time to get cracking on that cookbook

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

:nws:

http://twitter.com/tone765/status/1015367062984667137

etalian has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Jul 7, 2018

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Somebody put the Westworld theme over this

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1015507453818044416

this fucker hasnt done jackshit yet tons of idiots praise him for how selfless and smart he is.

https://twitter.com/maxbrg02/status/1015587565997568000?s=21

im not the biggest fan of gates but jfc he had actually done a lot in undeveloped nations.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Jul 7, 2018

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

extremely lovely musk is trying to capitalize on dying children for PR like he's launching some loving sportscar into space

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Imagine having to be the Thai intern that has to humor Musk's emails

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this is the future. people not looking to actual experts but to loving elon musk to solve the world's problems.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

it's like, between this poo poo and the fantasy vacuum hyperloop bullshit, musk barely understands compressible gasses and air infiltration. the "escape pod" idea is just gonna get pared down more and more because it's too bulky until it's finally just around their heads and then maybe just a tube in their mouth and then our special boy Elon can pretend he invented scuba poo poo and contributed his modern genius to the most pressing matters of our age and can totally run a car company that isn't a scam

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

just lol the second musk started proposing his REVOLUTIONARY HYPERLOOP people thought it was gonna actually be built and could work instead of realizing musk was a loving dumbass who couldn't conceptualize the obvious challenges in building and maintaining much smaller vacuum chambers

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Dreddout posted:

Imagine having to be the Thai intern that has to humor Musk's emails

he has a fawning reddit AMA up right now because everything is stupid everywhere

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

hello nypd? please stop and frisk me i think i might be black

v controversial always sunny episode

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Musk will ultimately do nothing but if the kids are saved he will take credit for it and get a cameo in the Hollywood adapation

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
musk is the extremely online billionaire and it sucks

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im not the biggest fan of gates but jfc he had actually done a lot in undeveloped nations.
jfc these people

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Darkman Fanpage posted:

uhhhhh elon has given his BRAND to many causes and it's bigly worth trillions and by tattooing Tesla logos on these children with malaria he's done more to save their lives than "research funding" (GATES PR) ever could!

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
between the monsoon, the navy seal, and now elon musk, its clear that God does not want these children to survive

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

between the monsoon, the navy seal, and now elon musk, its clear that God does not want these children to survive

the navy seal death wasn't really an act of God though, it was a man suffocating to death while carrying air tanks

are troops

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Elon musk is under the impression that underneath the ground is like terraria and you can just plow sturdy straight giant holes all over the map

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Over Easy posted:

Elon musk is under the impression that underneath the ground is like terraria and you can just plow sturdy straight giant holes all over the map

My God he probably literally believes this

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Dreddout posted:

My God he probably literally believes this

dude he owns a tunnel digging company called the BORING company, I think when you own a thing you PROBABLY know everything about that thing via the transitive property of capital

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

wront thread

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I know it's been said, and it might just be because twitter restricts your letters to the point you have to type this way, but I cannot help but read Musk's tweets in Trump's voice. Like it's the same syntax.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Peanut President posted:

I know it's been said, and it might just be because twitter restricts your letters to the point you have to type this way, but I cannot help but read Musk's tweets in Trump's voice. Like it's the same syntax.

twitter is a malignant growth on the english language.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Willie Tomg posted:

twitter is a malignant growth on the english language.

as a southerner: hell same

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1015261124214870018?s=19

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
what a paranoid fuckwit

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

hahahahahahahahaha

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Volcel rangers squad up

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I need two single buff dudes, strong enough to protect me, ex-military or other masc job, have to be rock hard when required. No fatties.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
sooner or later he will use them as a mobile throne

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Somebody put the Westworld theme over this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Over Easy posted:

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope this drama gets resolved by Musk accidentally collapsing the whole cave system.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

blockchain: whatever the hell you want it to be, just gimme your fuckin' VC already

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Marzzle posted:

blockchain: whatever the hell you want it to be, just gimme your fuckin' VC already

I liked reading articles about how the blockchain is actually a technically inefficient wasteful concept.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
About the fascist clothing ad, 9/11 basically showed it doesn't take a lot to make white boomers start braying about nuking the browns and it's been a hell of a historical trajectory to grow up through

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agnosticnixie posted:

About the fascist clothing ad, 9/11 basically showed it doesn't take a lot to make white boomers start braying about nuking the browns and it's been a hell of a historical trajectory to grow up through

I think the US is just obsessed with becoming a starship troopers parody nation just like Israeli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

I hope this drama gets resolved by Musk accidentally collapsing the whole cave system.

ok guys, talked to some cave experts. turns out you cant just tunnel straight down with bombs so we'll think of something else