Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

people like wots4 more than 3 afaik

3 must be a crime against humanity then because I have 4 and it is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I believe it was Paladins was actually in development before OW but Blizzard got their game out first.

Project Titan was in development for a long time though.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

doingitwrong posted:

Didn’t Paladins launch slightly before Overwatch? Or is the idea that the company saw Overwatch in development and rushed out a clone?

Overwatch was revealed in late 2014 and showed gameplay footage but had its closed beta launched a few weeks before Paladins in 2015. It was a reboot of Project Titan which was stuck in development hell for years. Paladins was revealed in 2015 and had a closed beta later that year. Hi-Rez said Paladins was in pre-production for years and revealed certain character archetypes before their counterparts in Overwatch.

When you come down to it, they both stole from Team Fortress 2 similar to Apple and Microsoft stealing from Xerox PARC.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Samuringa posted:

3 must be a crime against humanity then because I have 4 and it is garbage

WotS is a game concept I want to like but whenever I've tried it the actual gameplay has been just utterly dismal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Death Stranding progress

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1015589783471443969

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

The Moon Monster posted:

WotS is a game concept I want to like but whenever I've tried it the actual gameplay has been just utterly dismal.

I remember being in awe of 1 when I first played but that was over 10 years ago so maybe I was the one who changed.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I think wots3 is awesome and wots4 is bad, but that's just me I guess

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Six Ages is real good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that cover art is badass

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Love this! :eyepop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Japanese cover art is so much more advanced than our puny Western style

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
He was raving about it the other day

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1014305467227504640

edit: Kojima is such a loving westaboo, goddamnit

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1015438062799613953

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Play Resident Evil Revelations because it is also good

Oh yeah I got those on the Steam sale so I'll play those too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The raid mode in RE Revelations is so good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samuringa posted:

He was raving about it the other day

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1014305467227504640

edit: Kojima is such a loving westaboo, goddamnit

Middle-aged Japanese dweebs really love Twin Peaks (as should everyone).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

Japanese cover art is so much more advanced than our puny Western style

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol the Maxim quote

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heard that twitch gives out games constantly to prime members and went looking but i cant figure some stuff out:

Are the free twitch prime games part of an extra twitch membership or is it included in the amazon prime price?

I dont have a twitch account, is there a way to log in via amazon or link my amazon account to a new twitch account?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm pretty sure you just link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account and then you get the stuff under a crown-shaped button in the upper right. You have to use them through the Twitch launcher though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mutata posted:

I'm pretty sure you just link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account and then you get the stuff under a crown-shaped button in the upper right. You have to use them through the Twitch launcher though.

Ok so make twitch acct > link to amazon prime > click crown > big time :pcgaming:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

i got a few games in steam sale.

pan-pan: looked like monument valley i love that arty puzzle poo poo
kingsway: roguelike RPG by way of Windows 3.1 interface
way of the samurai 3: from what i understand this is the only good WOTS on steam
painscreek killings: I love walking simulators and also detective games
republique: was always interested in this style of game
aliens vs predator: slowly collecting all the rebellion shootys
soma spirits: cute looking indie rpg
SIN Episodes: it was the first time on sale in forever and i needed to own a piece of gaming history. also it came with the original sin game?? that wasn't advertised
azure striker gunvolt: that mega man zero spiritual descendant by the inti creates team. never knew it was on PC (and in 60fps now)

i also got

west of loathing: probably not as funny as reviews say but i bet it'll be fun
ape escape 2: for the first time it was actually cheaper to get a PS2 game through PSN than through amazon sellers/ebay
okage shadow king: can't wait to push a lot of crates around
unfinished swan: can't wait to finish the swan

I wish someone would release the old Capcom AVP beat 'em up on digital

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never even heard of this game despite having an original Xbox when it was the current gen. Saw that it's on Steam for $6 so I bought it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Ok so make twitch acct > link to amazon prime > click crown > big time :pcgaming:

Yep. It's honestly kind of insane how much they give out. They're not all good of course but I've gotten a few big wins so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The free games with Amazon Prime have been awesome. For the first month they gave away Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and I finished the game on there, but ended up buying it on Steam anyways because it was on sale and I loved the game a lot. I want to go back and play through it again if the developers can ever fix the obnoxious load times.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I said come in! posted:

Never even heard of this game despite having an original Xbox when it was the current gen. Saw that it's on Steam for $6 so I bought it.

why did you buy it the combat system is terrible

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr3UGSL3gWk

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :eyepop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Colonel posted:

Tits

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Colonel posted:

I really have no idea. Just a pointless dumb appreciation for classic Xbox games I guess because they took up a large amount of my gaming time in high school.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Colonel posted:

Are you telling us that Maxim's five stars out of five rating means nothing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Six Ages is real good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I really have no idea. Just a pointless dumb appreciation for classic Xbox games I guess because they took up a large amount of my gaming time in high school.
it tries to be both arpg and shooter.. it does both not very good but way better than david cage's Omikron tried to do it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if you want to start a religious schism based around the question of "did our ancestral hero gently caress an elf?" then six ages might be the game for you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

it tries to be both arpg and shooter.. it does both not very good but way better than david cage's Omikron tried to do it

otoh it doesn't have characters run up to your face and shout "HEH. YOU THINK YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME? WELL REALITY CHECK PAL: EVERY MINUTE YOU SPEND PLAYING THIS 'VIDEO GAME' IN YOUR WORLD WE GET MULTIPLE TRAINED SNIPERS WITH 300 CONFIRMED KILLS TRAINED ON YOUR HEAD IN OUR WORLD AND IF YOU DIE IN THIS GAME YOUR SOUL IS SCREWED FOR ALL ETERNITY. STILL THINK THIS IS A GAME, DO YOU" so clearly it's the inferior experience

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

if you want to start a religious schism based around the question of "did our ancestral hero gently caress an elf?" then six ages might be the game for you

So did he?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

haveblue posted:

So did he?

This is the face of a man who hosed an elf imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody

Just got back from seeing Ant Man & The Wasp

S'alright

Howsabout the rest of ya

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm watching an episode of Lupin the 3rd at work, and an old Zero pilot who didn't know that WW2 was over had caught an atomic bomb with a handheld net and is using it to defend the secret location of Captain Cook's treasure.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wasn't expecting Yoku's Island Express to have moral choices and I am for some reason paralyzed with indecision

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I tried replaying Earthworm Jim and uhhhhh I get why people liked it but man I don’t get why it was so popular especially when the snes wasn’t exactly slim pickings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wasn't expecting Yoku's Island Express to have moral choices and I am for some reason paralyzed with indecision

lol I don't remember this

• Locked thread