Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

You monster, don't touch that chocolate Kiyohime!

Using the chocolate to level a CE and considering that "eating" it is a valid interpretation IMO. I've held on to my chocolate CEs so far but I can see why people would do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

this isnt true even in jp tho

Yeah, but I mean, it would be good if it was.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Using the chocolate to level a CE and considering that "eating" it is a valid interpretation IMO. I've held on to my chocolate CEs so far but I can see why people would do that.

:kimchi:

I assumed that was the story reason for getting a bunch of CE XP.

Kild posted:

I let tyrant slayer Cu slay the Tyrant

Emiya and Saber Lily showed mean old Artoria what's up. :toot:

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Get rid of the Valentine's chocolate?! But I was gonna use it as a catalyst for summoning summer Marie, Nobu, Nero, and Kiyohime. (unless you can get another copy on a rerun, than I guess I'll consume them)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just a reminder that the anniversary stream (Which is when the game's on Maint for an hour) is at 4:30 pst

https://www.twitch.tv/animeexpo?twitch5=0

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sodium Chloride posted:

You should consider rerolling because you probably didn't get someone good.

Don't do this. The rarest characters you'll get from the initial roll are a specific set of 4* servants and it generally isn't worth the hassle of rerolling just because you want Hercules instead of the Chevalier d'Eon. Rerolling's only worth it when you get a bunch of free quartz, just because you can make an actual roll pretty quickly before restarting.

(The anniversary might give out enough stuff to make rerolls an efficient use of someone's time, but I'd still stick with the account you have now if you've put any time into it.)

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Wait don't give you enough quartz to do a proper roll? I guess that was launch only. That loving sucks for newcomers.

In that case don't reroll.

TicalStal
Apr 23, 2004
I promised America to the Fuhrer!
You may get enough quartz from the anniversary in the next few days to reroll. Rerolling isn’t really necessary though unless there is a servant you are trying to get (or trying to get a specific 4 star from the tutorial 10 roll).

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

TicalStal posted:

You may get enough quartz from the anniversary in the next few days to reroll. Rerolling isn’t really necessary though unless there is a servant you are trying to get (or trying to get a specific 4 star from the tutorial 10 roll).
Liz or bust.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you persevere when rerolling, you too can be blessed

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Herc, Idol Dragon and Murder Cat? That'd a solid start!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I would reroll for any 5*, or Herc and another 4*.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I started during the Zero event and got Herc who has carried me to this day. I don't think I would've had as easy a time with any of the other draws (haven't yet gotten a 5* from the gacha).

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

ChronoReverse posted:

I started during the Zero event and got Herc who has carried me to this day. I don't think I would've had as easy a time with any of the other draws (haven't yet gotten a 5* from the gacha).

That can change tonight!

So who's everyone hoping for in the guaranteed banner?

Love it: Tam, Drake, Cu, Jack
Alright: Xuanzang, Nightingale, Medb
Eh: NP2 Ozzy, Vlad
Throwing my phone out of the loving window: NP2 Waver

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Avoid Accidentally rolling on the knights banner

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I still can't decide whether it's more important to avoid Altera or to avoid Medb.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Medb will have better animations

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I honestly might roll knights since i only have jeanne and mordred on that list.

I was double cursed by vlad not even a month ago I fear i'd get him again even though I want drake or waver. Also gently caress medb.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah she'd do that

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which servants are on which banner, again?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Which servants are on which banner, again?

Knights: Saber Artoria, Altera, Mordred, Orion, Tesla, Arjuna, Lancer Artoria, Karna, Jeanne

Cavalry: Drake, Ozy, Medb, Jack, Tamamo, Waver, Xuanzang, Berserker Cu, Vlad, Nightingale.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Hoping for: any of the Riders (preferably Medb or Ozy), or Cu Alter if it doesn't feel like giving me a Rider
Would be alright with: Sanzang, Nightingale, NP3 Jack
Not particularly enthusiastic for: NP3 Tamamo
Stop loving spooking me!: NP4 Vlad, NP4 Waver

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ceramics posted:

That can change tonight!

So who's everyone hoping for in the guaranteed banner?

Love it: Tam, Drake, Cu, Jack
Alright: Xuanzang, Nightingale, Medb
Eh: NP2 Ozzy, Vlad
Throwing my phone out of the loving window: NP2 Waver

Well, I spent all the orbs I could scrounge up to try to get Waver in the Zero event to no avail (not that I had very many since I had only just started). Maybe it's worth dropping money to try for him again for the guaranteed but I suspect it'll end in tears with my luck.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Medb would be the worst pick for me (over an NP2 sanzou) just because I'll never use her over Ridertoki

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

Knights: Saber Artoria, Altera, Mordred, Orion, Tesla, Arjuna, Lancer Artoria, Karna, Jeanne

Cavalry: Drake, Ozy, Medb, Jack, Tamamo, Waver, Xuanzang, Berserker Cu, Vlad, Nightingale.

Calvarly looks a lot better for me. I wound't even mind getting a second Cuzilla or Ozymandias.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The 'wants' for me from the guaranteed are probably Cu, Medb, Larturia, Ozy, or NP2 Jack.

The 'busts' for me would be Xuanzang, Nightingale, Jeanne, Orion, or Tesla.

And the 'idgaf, I'm burning an np1 of them' would be Drake or Tamamo.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

All I want is a new servant, so I'm sure I'll get NP3 Orion.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
I really kinda wanna take a shot on Knights for Tesla or Artoria Lancer but there are way too many mines to dodge (NP3 Jeanne, NP4 Seibah, NP2 Arjuna) so I think I'll go on the safer route of Cavalry where if I get a repeat Servant it's at least more likely one who I'll appreciate the extra buff on.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Medb, Cu, Drake, Tamamo and Nightingale are the servants I'm hoping for

NP2 Ozzy/Xuanzang would also be cool, I'm going to use these a lot

NP3 Jack or NP2 Vlad would be slightly less cool

NP2 Waver is apparently more useful than I thought but this would be the most boring result

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tae posted:

Avoid Accidentally rolling on the knights banner

Always roll on the waifu banner.

Cuzilla, Nightingale, Waver or Jack would be nice but I own everyone else from that banner except Thotqueen and Vlad.

I want Altera, Mordred, or Lancertoria which means I will get Tesla. :negative:

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Well, I only have two of the knights, and I have all but one of the calvary. But, I'd actually be upset if I got a certain two of those missing knights, and only kinda happy about getting any of the rest, whereas I'd be really happy if I got the one missing calvary and fine w/ all but two of the dupes. So, probably will be calvary for me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I would like Jack (or Drake) from Cavalry. Jack would be especially nice. I would love a good Assassin at this point.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Since I have 3 5 star units in the Knight banner, and two on the cavalry banner, I am pulling on cavalry to have a better chance of getting a new servant. My list is:

Want: Jack, Xuanzang, Waver, Berserker Cu
Okay with: Drake, Tamamo
Don't want: Medb, Nightingale
drat you 20% chance of a repeat :argh: : Ozy, Vlad

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I swear to god if I get a Medb or an NP4 ozy from the cav bannner

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
No gil, Knights banner is trash

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I've got Drake, Jack, Waver, and Berserker Cu so I'm rolling Knights since I have none of them.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I need like all of them so I dunno what I'm gonna do

also none are nero

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want Jeanne or Mordred but not enough to risk any of the others in their pool, so I'm hoping to pull a caster or non-Vlad zerker

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would be kinda pissed if I get nightingale tbh

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I have a better chance of getting a new servant in the knights pool plus I want Lancer Artoria. The servants I don't have in the Cav pool are overall better but I don't want to risk getting yet another Waver since he's already NP5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Thought this was a fun bit of irony/coincidence/what have you.
So, remember the other day when I was asking why Emiya qualified as an Archer servant?

The group doing the UBW Abridged series put this clip out as a preview for the upcoming episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHxOiTBs_M&t=77s