Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm watching a movie called Blow-Up. Its about a guy who buys an old airplane propeller from an antique shop. In his ennui he also accidentally photographs a murder and tries to solve it. But its mostly about him buying that propeller. It's pretty good.

Gonna go back to playing Breath of the Wild tonight too. I have some frustrations with it (Namely the weather and temperature stuff which really doesn't seem to add a whole lot to the game) but I'm enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Howsabout the rest of ya

i too went to a movie today, but instead I chose bad manic pixie groundhog day the anime movie, otherwise known as fireworks. i like going to those fathom events things, and at the end they had a brief bit from some yuasa movie that's playing in august.

Calaveron posted:

I tried replaying Earthworm Jim and uhhhhh I get why people liked it but man I don’t get why it was so popular especially when the snes wasn’t exactly slim pickings

same except i never understood why people liked it not even back then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

an actual dog posted:

lol I don't remember this

You can give the first big guy who tries to extort you the food he likes or poison

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can give the first big guy who tries to extort you the food he likes or poison

that's cool I totally didn't remember that

yoku's is an extremely good game

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat a big ol snake in REmake then died to a guy in a metal coffin :(.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr E posted:

I beat a big ol snake in REmake then died to a guy in a metal coffin :(.

remake is kicking my rear end. maybe i shouldn;'t have bravely chosen chris

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Raxivace posted:

I'm watching a movie called Blow-Up. Its about a guy who buys an old airplane propeller from an antique shop. In his ennui he also accidentally photographs a murder and tries to solve it. But its mostly about him buying that propeller. It's pretty good.
I blind bought Blow-Up ages ago and thought it was p. boring.

The John Travolta remake Blow Out was rad though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Calaveron posted:

I tried replaying Earthworm Jim and uhhhhh I get why people liked it but man I don’t get why it was so popular especially when the snes wasn’t exactly slim pickings

earthworm jim 3d ends with jim fighting his inner woman to keep her from destroying his masculinity

anyway the only good part of earthworm jim 1 is the music. doug tennapel can go die in a fire

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 7, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I always found Earthworm Jim to be one of those games where it was a lot of interesting ideas even if the gameplay itself wasn't always good.

I love the blind cave salamander level though

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

APB: Reloaded worth a download? I heard a new group bought them out who actually sound like they wanna fix the game now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

remake is kicking my rear end. maybe i shouldn;'t have bravely chosen chris

I picked Jill for the first time through and she's very prone to dying.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
remake honestly gets a lot easier in the back half

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Colonel posted:

earthworm jim 3d ends with jim fighting his inner woman to keep her from destroying his masculinity

anyway the only good part of earthworm jim 1 is the music. doug tennapel can go die in a fire

Yeesh
I know Tennapel's a dumbshit but eesh

The music's pretty good and the Genesis's fartsound chip works on its favor

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Calaveron posted:

Yeesh
I know Tennapel's a dumbshit but eesh

he harasses gay people, he's an actively awful piece of poo poo, not just dumb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

Graphix that animated and humor in games were still novel at the time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Genesis scooby-doo game was far superior to the SNES one in all ways except for the fact that the Genesis game only had 2 mysteries to solve and tbh I'm surprised telltale never got the scooby-doo license to try and make an episodic series out of that since it seems like scooby-doo gets a reboot every few years anyway

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Telltale Scooby Doo game would be extremely good imo.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is telltale even making anything these days, i haven’t heard anything about them since they laid off half their staff after it turned out licensing 50 different mainstream properties and trying to make adventure games out of them was a bad idea

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they made a sequel to the batman adventure game that apparently turned out to be really good and now they're making The Walking Dead: The Final Chapter and they're gonna make a stranger things game next year

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

For me, it's because every area of Earthworm Jim is entirely different from every other one, with different enemies, mechanics, music and everything. Constant creativity is one of the single most important things about videogames to me and it's astonishing how many of them completely fail to do it; not even out of incompetence or budget, but because it's seemingly not even considered as important. Every time a game reuses an enemy or a song or brings a level template back long after I thought it was done with, the game gets weaker in my eyes. It's why Dynamite Headdy is a god drat masterpiece, whereas I struggle to finish pretty much any 2D Mario game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think dynamite headdy is good because it accomplishes that while also consistently playing well instead of being a slippery, awkward mess like ewj

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

I blind bought Blow-Up ages ago and thought it was p. boring.

The John Travolta remake Blow Out was rad though.
I'm gonna watch the Travolta remake too though I don't have a lot of hope for it with De Palma behind it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pigbuster posted:

It's why Dynamite Headdy is a god drat masterpiece, whereas I struggle to finish pretty much any 2D Mario game.

this post is missing the phrase “gaming ambrosia” I think.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i bought myself a PS4 and Bloodborne and Nier Automata so now i have *checks watch* six days to beat them before Octopath comes out

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Looper posted:

i bought myself a PS4 and Bloodborne and Nier Automata so now i have *checks watch* six days to beat them before Octopath comes out

That's 144 hours, more than enough to beat them both if not maybe 100% them

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Automata, probably. BB might be trickier.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have decided to poison the guy demanding a "toll" from me. If he had asked me to go get the mushroom for him as a favor I would have gladly gotten it, but extortion is a whole other story, I have to show strength. Also as a postmaster I assume I represent the government or something like that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yoku's Island Express was great but I managed to miss about half of the big collectibles until I'd reached 90% completion.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hollow Knight is cool. I’m sort of replaying it since I got pretty far on the steam version before putting it down and waiting for the switch one. I definitely haven’t done everything I did before, but I’ve found so many other things... it seems like finding a hidden path leads to a huge new area almost as often as it’s just a collectible. it owns

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't play hollow knight today because the sun is conspiring to burn all of california alive

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I guess it was a little hot in my room i spend 90% if my time in today but I guess it’s never as hot in sam francisco .

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It'll be cooler tomorrow and over the next few days! Maybe.

Haha, California is on fire again!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pride month is over

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

pride month is over

Yes, I believe July is Wrath Month, so this still works

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
now I'm playing Mario Party 2, sorry ps4

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

There are so many nice places to go here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Valley of Destrution's nice this time of year

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I may or may not have spent of large chunk of my paycheck on buying up indie games for my Switch to play while on my lunch at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

they're boyfriends

• Locked thread