Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you're patient enough, the next paid banner is class based, with the exception of Jeanne being slotted into Assassin....which at that point is only Jack. So 50/50 shot on Jack or Jeanne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Half an Hour until maintenance, though it's only an hour long. You might want to save your stamina, in case we get half off embers, so only use your stamina if you will run out during that hour.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

If you're patient enough, the next paid banner is class based, with the exception of Jeanne being slotted into Assassin....which at that point is only Jack. So 50/50 shot on Jack or Jeanne.

yeah I'm waiting on that one and just hoping i don't get Jack both times lol

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Looks like the stream will be delayed by about 10 minutes. They just started the interview with Erica Lindbeck, which was scheduled for 15 minutes earlier.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

Thought this was a fun bit of irony/coincidence/what have you.
So, remember the other day when I was asking why Emiya qualified as an Archer servant?

The group doing the UBW Abridged series put this clip out as a preview for the upcoming episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHxOiTBs_M&t=77s

Yeah Shirou stopped going to archery club because he was actually perfect at it so it was boring. The perfect focus he developed from that was also how he was able to use his incredibly stupid and dangerous idea of how magic circuits work for years without ever killing himself.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

BlazeEmblem posted:

Looks like the stream will be delayed by about 10 minutes. They just started the interview with Erica Lindbeck, which was scheduled for 15 minutes earlier.

strimm link for when it does start: https://www.twitch.tv/animeexpo

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Maintenance has now been extended and we now get 2 sq.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
1800 PDT is about an hour and 20 minutes from now.

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
Stream is stalling harder than a Bond 10 Heracles; are the FGO guests lost or something?

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

well, at least there was a cool gundam cosplay to look at

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I have Medb, Martha, Marie, Kintoki, and Drake so I'm good on Riders. But I'll still roll that banner since it has more servants I dont have. I also wouldn't mind NP2 Medb so she can hip-slam enemies to death a little harder.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The panel will just be Anipelex staff reading a 2 year old Cirnopedia article.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

It's starting. Looks like the maintenance will end at about the same time the stream does.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

atelier morgan posted:

Yeah Shirou stopped going to archery club because he was actually perfect at it so it was boring. The perfect focus he developed from that was also how he was able to use his incredibly stupid and dangerous idea of how magic circuits work for years without ever killing himself.

I'm pretty sure, but I can't be totally sure because I don't think it was ever directly stated anywhere, so it's just something to infer, that the Fuyuki fire also had a major role to play in that. Shirou's whole sense of self was completely wiped away by that incident, along with his entire life. When you have nothing anyway, it's probably super easy to get into that zen state of mind.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol this panel is a shitshow already

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This guy in black looks cool as hell

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm stillt rying to get over how there's a panel for a phone game and it's packed. :v:

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
How lowbrow and facepalm-worthy do you think this is going to be?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Randomzx posted:

All the way.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Randomzx posted:

Neck beard and triple Picard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haha, yeah, the people who like this thing i like are such losers!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ohtsam posted:

Neck beard and triple Picard

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

haha, yeah, the people who like this thing i like are such losers!

First hand experience tells me yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

First hand experience tells me yes.

imo, i think the fanbase for this game is pretty cool, overall

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

It was supposed to be a self deprecating joke!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

quote:

Part 1 : 3 Knights + EXTRA
Artoria Pendragon
Altera
Mordred
Orion
Tesla
Arjuna
Karna
Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)
Jeanne d'Arc

Part 2 : 4 Horsemen
Francis Drake
Queen Medb
Ramesses II
Jack the Ripper
Zhuge Liang (Lord El-Melloi II)
Tamamo no Mae
Xuanzang Sanzang
Vlad III
Florence Nightingale
Cu Chulainn (Alter)

I already have Waver/Zhuge Liang and Tamamo from the horseman banner, and Orion and Karna from the Knights banner. I also have a rule about not summoning Knights of the Round Table if I can help it, so I'm looking at 4 'good' results, with Tesla and Arjuna being the ones I'd actually be kind of excited about.

Horseman has eight good results, but I'd only really be super excited if I got Medb or Sanzang or Jack.... Man, maybe I just wanna save my money on this banner...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

It was supposed to be a self deprecating joke!
self deprecation sucks

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Ended up scraping Ozy out before that banner ended... got spooked by Tamamo and Martha. So now my worst case scenario is an NP2 Ozy, Tamamo, or Cuzilla if I roll cav, vs literally everything would be new if I rolled knights. :shrug:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

self-deprecation, the pinnacle of humor

kawasumi taking almost entirely food pics is hilariously appropriate

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder if voice actors ever get self conscious about not being as dazzling as their characters.

Stella :swoon:

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I’m at the panel right now and I was looking at the live reaction on reddit. Holy gently caress it is a garbage fire over there right now.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Cuntellectual posted:

I wonder if voice actors ever get self conscious about not being as dazzling as their characters.

In the past, voice actresses (don't know about male voice actors) were just that. Looks didn't matter. In the last decade or so the agencies care all about looks and form lovely Jpop idol groups of younger voice actresses and sell photo books and poo poo. I'm sure it happened before but not nearly to this degree. It's sad.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

I'm pretty sure, but I can't be totally sure because I don't think it was ever directly stated anywhere, so it's just something to infer, that the Fuyuki fire also had a major role to play in that. Shirou's whole sense of self was completely wiped away by that incident, along with his entire life. When you have nothing anyway, it's probably super easy to get into that zen state of mind.

Yeah, every aspect of Shirou comes back to that

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Ha, that was awesome. He read out the lines for his NP from Camelot with his microphone, then put it down and yelled out STELLAAAAA!

Then he left the stage since his NP kills him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Thundersword238 posted:

I’m at the panel right now and I was looking at the live reaction on reddit. Holy gently caress it is a garbage fire over there right now.

they are so salty about the mc lol, i love him

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Arash is awesome

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Albert is a good boy. He's trying.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This is actually a piece of neat news. :toot:

I'm spending so much money on this bad game.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Here's the link they just gave out:

http://duel.fate-go.us/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

The overall fanbase is pretty cool. The panel held a month ago during a Texas convention was creepy, comparatively. Lots of people desperate about getting Illya added to FGO VR.:stare: