Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This fight is going to suck. Pettis isn't good enough to stay on his feet and Chiesa isn't good enough to smash him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Was it Bendo or Giblert that had a multi-year rivalry with Pettis, then rematched him for the title in the UFC, shot a double and immediately got submitted.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Was it Bendo or Giblert that had a multi-year rivalry with Pettis, then rematched him for the title in the UFC, shot a double and immediately got submitted.

both maybe, but bendo definitely

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

both maybe, but bendo definitely

Cool, probably, if true. I think it was his last fight before RDA bullied him off the Wheaties box.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
aldo / pettis would still be a sick fight

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Bendo got caught in that arm bar and ran away.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol hes a choke artist

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

gonna buy UFC 3 so I can recreate my favorite finish ever

lmao every time

mewse
May 2, 2006

I’m tony pettis and my gross uncle wants a beej from your gf

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Dan Didio posted:

gilbert

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Bendo got caught in that arm bar and ran away.

That might even have been the one where Bendo immediately got up, shrugged and then proposed to his wife awkwardly. A big night for lols.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
sweaty teddy

all time great walkout song

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

exploded mummy posted:

gonna buy UFC 3 so I can recreate my favorite finish ever

Left: Logic
Right: Trolls
Center, rear: Me

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

lol hes a choke artist

And a back taker

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

exploded mummy posted:

lol hes a choke artist

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

lmao every time

i can't get over the insanely excited crowd reaction like they weren't witnessing the most pathetic fight in existence. lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dan Didio posted:

That might even have been the one where Bendo immediately got up, shrugged and then proposed to his wife awkwardly. A big night for lols.

Bendo won a robbery decision over Josh Thomson in Thomson's hometown and then proposed to his girlfriend while he was getting booed out of the building.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

I’m tony pettis and my gross uncle wants a beej from your gf

done

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Lmao that was the one where he decisioned gilbert and proposed amidst a sea of boos.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Bendo won a robbery decision over Josh Thomson in Thomson's hometown and then proposed to his girlfriend while he was getting booed out of the building.

lmao, that's right. RIP Josh Thomson, kicked Nate Diaz in the head so hard that his legs broke forever.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Pettis about to lose to a random fat guy with a mullet, we're finally nearing the end

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

i can't get over the insanely excited crowd reaction like they weren't witnessing the most pathetic fight in existence. lol

lol they wanted to see him die

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

holy poo poo i forgot that bendo proposed to a chorus of booooooos lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

fatweight fights happen in a different universe

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

BlindSite posted:

This fight is going to suck. Pettis isn't good enough to stay on his feet and Chiesa isn't good enough to smash him out.

Chiesa can probably get a quick sub if he doesn't get poked in the eye or just burst into tears for no reason.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

exploded mummy posted:

lol hes a choke artist

jon anik is cool

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Reebok and the WME has robbed us of so many stupid before and after-fight moments, I can feel it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that haircut is loving gross chiesa lmao

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marching Powder posted:

it was better than punk/jackson

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol 'he's got a jacket for that too'

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Bruce calm down please

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
it was then followed up by royce gracie kicking frank shamrock in the junk and finishing him

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I hope Chiesa wins, but that’s only based on the thing I think I remember about Pettis gangbanging ladies with his uncle.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Dan Didio posted:

Dan Didio posted:

lmao, that's right. RIP Josh Thomson, kicked Nate Diaz in the head so hard that his legs broke forever.

lol forgot about all this poo poo

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

O boy

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Kimbo may have won the battle, but Dada won the war.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JHomer722 posted:

I hope Chiesa wins, but that’s only based on the thing I think I remember about Pettis gangbanging ladies with his uncle.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Pettis got his chin straight up and on the back foot, gonna guess he’s losing this unless he pulls a sub

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus you guys have a bad memory.

Ben Henderson had a rivalry with Pettis in the WEC. Pettis beat him for the title at the end - Pettis lost his chance at a UFC title shot post merger when he got ground to a decision by Clay Guida.

Bendo won the title - He fought Melendez in a very lovely split decision and then proposed to his now wife. His next fight was against Pettis which he lost via armbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

it was better than punk/jackson

no i'm sorry jackson was competent and manipulating the fight in order to win himself vegas money which is good

• Locked thread