Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

I think we have too many fields and we could probably just do with less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I get it, trees are classic. everybody loves trees. or do they? are they really that great, or are people just brainwashed into liking them because they're ubiquitous? I say we mix it up a little. let's have some tall sharp spikes for a change. or maybe some immense trembling cilia, that's got to be calming, right? um, or maybe some . . . orbs? orbs are cool, yes?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
There's that *sniff* smell, you know what I mean? There's no sewage smell, or someone cooking Death in a stew- and where's the yelling and noise?!?! How can these people sleep without an occasional "gently caress YOU, BUDDY!"

I think my lungs started working again

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I am

a rural resident

and I agree with the op

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Farecoal

There he go
i fervently believe that we need a light rail line between my house and Ms. McIntyre's! I've already calculated it out, and with the projected ridership of 1 per week (2 if Ms. McIntyre makes her cookies) we could stand to recoup expenses on the project, and perhaps even make a profit, in only 500 years!

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Piso Mojado posted:

I'm thinking we get ahead of the curve and into that vertical farming business. Cut the excess fields out of the ground and pile them on top of each other. I think that's how it works?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

Kthulhu5000 posted:

I'm thinking we get ahead of the curve and into that vertical farming business. Cut the excess fields out of the ground and pile them on top of each other. I think that's how it works?

Pile them using a clever parking garage design

Macnult

[Staring off into the horizon after hard days work]
"I still don't miss when these were fields"

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Piso Mojado posted:

hmm

how about mixed-use fields. pocket parks, yurtrises, and unban gardening walkable greenspace food jungles

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Macnult posted:

[Staring off into the horizon after hard days work]
"I still don't miss when these were fields"

this used to be ancient lakebed, y'know. far as the eye could see...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Yurts, as far as the eye can see

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Farecoal

There he go
locally sourced, sustainably harvested tractor fuel

Manifisto

Farecoal posted:

locally sourced, sustainably harvested tractor fuel

I've tried milking tractors but they're shy, especially if your hands are cold

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Macnult posted:

Pile them using a clever parking garage design

A parking garage?

Not
In
My
Back
Forty
Amigo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

Traveling across the country side, building a small shed every quarter to half mile or so, to offset the field to building ratio.

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

Hello I'm from the goblin lobby and I'm wondering if any of you fine fellows have considered flooding your fields and turning them into swamps?

alnilam

Hugh Malone posted:

this used to be ancient lakebed, y'know. far as the eye could see...

alnilam

one upping the guy who remembers when this was all forest by remembering when it was all old growth forest with megafauna before humans arrived and altered the ecosystem

alnilam

rural planner version of robert moses: hmm yues barbed wire will contain livestock herds and prevent those lawless bison and cattle herders from wandering all over the dang place, finally there shall be ORDER

rural version of jane jacobs looks on in anguish

Twenty Four

*Official county rural planner gesturing over a huge expanse of land, talking to his survey team*

"This 10 square miles over that way? Cattle guards. All of it. We're just gonna fill that whole dang area up with nonstop back to back cattle guards."

google THIS

Midwest Rural Planner: So we'll have some cornfields and-HURK

(He keels over from a massive heart attack. No one can find his written notes so they just go with what they have.)

Nah!!

Replace all rural areas with billboards that say NO FARMS NO FOOD imo

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
i hear the johnsons are having a barn razing saturday

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

google THIS posted:

Midwest Rural Planner: So we'll have some cornfields and-HURK

(He keels over from a massive heart attack. No one can find his written notes so they just go with what they have.)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Folks, I think it's time we embark on a plan of, erm... Rural renewal. That's it! Rural renewal. We're going to rid ourselves of the undesirable criminal element* and bring in a more modern vibe to attract the young professionals** this place needs. I mean, imagine: FRESHLY PACKED dirt roads; pond water pumped directly into your house instead of that terrible Artesian well water; septic tanks above ground as water features right next to your house instead of buried 100 yards behind the old pond dam. It'll be stupendous.

*Cows
**Meth farmers

ferroque

a plow in every hand, a dip in every lip

ryonguy
rural planning is complaining about people who don't like cow poo poo being sprayed everywhere but then sucking the cock of every company who'll build a warehouse with $11 an hour jobs that ruins half the fields around it with flood diversion

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I would like to present the following to the committee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoagWSOw_Y

alnilam

Jedrick posted:

I would like to present the following to the committee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoagWSOw_Y

lol

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc

FutonForensic

Hi thread. I'm a Rural Planning Engineer with 8 years of experience, living in a Scandinavian country that does a much better job of it than whatever shithole you live in. Suck my drat nuts, buddy! Anyway, I want to provide a little bit of insight into what happens in a typical rural reformation.

This is a fairly standard independent farmstead. The problem with these installations is the lack of traffic; it lacks amenities that a forward-thinking populace (not yours) will make use of on a daily basis. First we add a Pizza Hut for attractive, high-energy dining:

Once we draw in the crowds, we boost our retained consumer rate by providing a premium-caliber shopping mall:

A second Pizza Hut is added in case the first one runs out of pizza

Finally, bike lanes:

There you go. A modern metropolis in just four easy ste

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

Hi thread. I'm a Rural Planning Engineer with 8 years of experience, living in a Scandinavian country that does a much better job of it than whatever shithole you live in. Suck my drat nuts, buddy! Anyway, I want to provide a little bit of insight into what happens in a typical rural reformation.

This is a fairly standard independent farmstead. The problem with these installations is the lack of traffic; it lacks amenities that a forward-thinking populace (not yours) will make use of on a daily basis. First we add a Pizza Hut for attractive, high-energy dining:

Once we draw in the crowds, we boost our retained consumer rate by providing a premium-caliber shopping mall:

Finally, bike lanes:

Macnult

FutonForensic posted:

Finally, bike lanes:

google THIS

FutonForensic posted:

Finally, bike lanes:

Piso Mojado

FutonForensic posted:

Finally, bike lanes:

peanut

Requesting a Subway in the fallow field, with a Starbuck's booth.

ulvir

FutonForensic posted:

Finally, bike lanes:

the norwegian version of this is a petrol station and "mall" where a supermarket, unemployment office and the local bank is housed (but nothing else) plus maybe one traffic light if they’re daring

ShortStack

tinystax
a mobile barn on the back of ur cows

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

ShortStack posted:

a mobile barn on the back of ur cows

like a turtle? that you can milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum

just do what my state did in the '50s, pepper you idyllic rural expanses with nuclear missile silos

thank you luvcow for the sig

• Locked thread