Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

Huh. My bad then. Colour me surprised.

Now the other question is why they called it Fire Flower in kana.

Because they were being poetic about it, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

halokiller posted:

Necromancy CE is a cheaper alternative (as long as you don't completely depend on it since it's essentially a coin flip every time it triggers)

IIRC Necromancy will keep you from using a Guts if you already have one, since you're permenantly loaded up with the '50% chance of triggering' Guts. It's probably not the best use of a CE slot to put one on Cu Alter.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/8q3m1p/new_years/

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Accidentally rolled Knight instead of Cavalry

got mordred who is Best Boy though and a friend so its ok

e: np4 for emiya as well :v:

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 8, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a Tamamo!

And I NP2'd Caster Gilles!

:)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Sanzang got her wish from Camelot and was summoned in my Chaldea from paid gacha. :3:

I am perfectly happy, becouse Sanzang is fun and my best offensive Casters were traitor witch and dragon trash idol in Halloween cosplay.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I got Drake which is nice I guess. Still feel dirty for spending that much money on this game.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
argh, Sanzang NP3. WAVER WILL NEVER COME TO ME

time for the backup "invest heavily into Helena to bait Waver into thinking I'm over him and prompt him to come" plan

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is the bonus quartz considered paid?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

is the bonus quartz considered paid?

nope. You can check your amount of Paid vs. Free Quartz on the summon page, or if you go to the Items tab in My Room and tap the Quartz.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the hell? thats stupid

Benstar
Aug 3, 2008
Now the proud owner of a NP4 Altera, and also Tesla

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

the hell? thats stupid

well they call it 'bonus' for a reason i guess

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
aww, crap. I got Nightingale. I rather had gotten Medb.

CURSED GAME

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

aww, crap. I got Nightingale. I rather had gotten Medb.
I too got Nurse Nutjob. Is she any good? Her skills and NP seem pretty solid if she can manage not to die from being a Berserker.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tired Moritz posted:

I would be kinda pissed if I get nightingale tbh

11 hrs before disaster

RanKizama posted:

I too got Nurse Nutjob. Is she any good? Her skills and NP seem pretty solid if she can manage not to die from being a Berserker.

people say she's not actually that squishy if you use her second skill but eh. her art sucks and I don't really use buster comps so her third skill kinda sucks for me. I guess she'll make a good friend for Jeanne Alter and Hans though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Vlad III will be the final member of my "complete destruction" arts team.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

RanKizama posted:

I use her A LOT. She is frailer than the other supports, but all her skills are great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RanKizama posted:

I've only used her a few times but she's a lot of fun. I tragically had to stop putting too many resources into her because other zerkers took precedence wrt skill gems but if I ever get a chance to revisit her I definitely will.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Da Vinci good?

Dare I roll on the story banner...?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Nightingale is my first 5* Berserker, though I've already got Frankie, TamaCat, Herc, and NP2 Lancelot for a solid selection. She's my priority leveling servant at the moment though I am absolutely crippled for Berserker skill mats right now.

Leveling List
Nightingale
Altria
Bedivere
Marie
Rider Kintoki
D'eon
Li Shuwen

Thank god for half ember AP quests and bonus successes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is Da Vinci good?

Dare I roll on the story banner...?
As I understand, decent Caster AOE damage (with a NP charge skill) but otherwise not super notable. However she's also cute and obv a pretty important character in the main story.

You don't want the story banner though, you want the one that says FGO Summer Festival 2018 with a red "Limited Time" rather than blue "Story". Da Vinci is limited so she would not appear in the story gacha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

It was mostly a joke, which is my understanding of how people use “don’t @ me”; as a sarcastic statement accompanying contentious opinions. Sorry to insolently disagree with your review, Boss. I’ll keep my failure-tier strats to myself from now on.

jfc

Jesus dude that's not what I was saying at all, I was just legitimately curious what made you think he was better, because I wanted to discuss the game with you.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Endorph posted:

Jesus dude that's not what I was saying at all, I was just legitimately curious what made you think he was better, because I wanted to discuss the game with you.

Well then I’m sorry for my statement; I didn’t intend my original comment to be any kind of meaningful insight, which is why it was one throwaway line added to a post that was mainly to clarify a gameplay point. When I got a big response especially after specifically, if sarcastically, saying not to, on the internet, I assumed someone had a bone to pick because that’s usually how the internet is.

FWIW I like Arjuna better for his arts setup because most support casters also run three arts cards, letting him secure arts chains across his team more easily and keep up their usually key support NPs while also moving towards more NP spam himself. He also sustains better and works better in a complimentary position, and I don’t tend to mind his lack of NP B B chains because post-Observer, the HP breakpoints often mean that the buster crits are often wasted on securing a tiny amount of damage or even totally unnecessary; though that’s across all buster meme servants, not just Gil.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, that's all very fair. People have gotten weird at me too for my ratings so I wasn't about to do that to someone else, and I was just legitimately curious what made you like him more even if you weren't being fully serious about it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

As I understand, decent Caster AOE damage (with a NP charge skill) but otherwise not super notable. However she's also cute and obv a pretty important character in the main story.

You don't want the story banner though, you want the one that says FGO Summer Festival 2018 with a red "Limited Time" rather than blue "Story". Da Vinci is limited so she would not appear in the story gacha.

I know she wouldn't be on there. I meant more like should I take a chance at the story banner even though it is a Really Bad Idea with a limited success to get anything I want. The answer is no, probably.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The next banners coming up are Summer Banner Lancer tamamo, Archer Artoria, and the remaining Knights of the Round.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Except Bedivere because reasons

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
he's such a big spoiler for camelot he doesnt get to be on banners till next year and it loving sucks

let me pull for my bedi boy dw

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

What the gently caress, this isn't even my Guaranteed roll, I got Sanzang on that, this is Da Vinci banner. My luck for SSR's has been on fire since Onigashima. Raikou, Nightingale, Ozymandias, Vlad (twice), Sanzang (guaranteed), and now Jack. That's not even counting my NP2 Saberlot, my Ibaraki Douji, or Nitocris and now saddad! What is actually going on here?!

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 8, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Soon: A Little Night Music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rs2as-7RHM
(spoiler for Lostbelt 1)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Did paid gacha in NA for yet another attempt at Cu Alter. Got Drake.

At least it's someone I don't have in JP and she'll replace Martha as buster rider

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wait so Global is 40 Quartz down?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Being finally able to three turn hands without switching is good.

Hypocrisy posted:

Wait so Global is 40 Quartz down?

No. Japan got 30sq for the 1st anniversary. They also got 12sq before Zero/Order that global didn't.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sodium Chloride posted:

Being finally able to three turn hands without switching is good.

No. Japan got 30sq for the 1st anniversary. They also got 12sq before Zero/Order that global didn't.

Didn't they also pay 4 SQ/40 SQ for single and 10 rolls before the anniversary?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yup, so it might work out on that front

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yep

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I've been led to believe that they also got a SQ back for every pull they did once it went down to 3, though I'd like confirmation of that. Kinda makes or breaks my opinion on the matter, though I'm still gonna be a bit sour either way due to the aforementioned "did a 10-roll for Bedis expecting to get the quartz back" thing.

Though that's ultimately still my own fault since this isn't my first gacha game and I'm more than well acquainted with NA getting the shaft in regards to rewards in every game at this point.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 8, 2018

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been led to believe that they also got a SQ back for every pull they did once it went down to 3, though I'd like confirmation of that. Kinda makes or breaks my opinion on the matter, though I'm still gonna be a bit sour either way due to the aforementioned "did a 10-roll for Bedis expecting to get the quartz back" thing.

Though that's ultimately still my own fault since this isn't my first gacha game and I'm more than well acquainted with NA getting the shaft in regards to rewards in every game at this point.
I'm pretty certain there were no quartz given back on JP, otherwise all of the various NA vs. JP analysis's that were posted a while back would make no sense.

What JP did do is award players who bought Mona Lisa with extra prisms when it came back into the shop, because it was originally a lot more expensive to MLB it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We got the bonus quartz pack a year early and master missions didn't exist until very recently.