Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Germansimp posted:

Given what his hair looked like on the last Impact, I doubt there's any point to that, it'll just fall off and he'll run away.

I had wondered about this while watching MLW last night...is Swann balding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TV Zombie posted:

I had wondered about this while watching MLW last night...is Swann balding?

He appears to have shaved the front part of his scalp off voluntarily. Maybe that's to cover balding but I have no idea how he thinks the current look is better. He looks ridiculous.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

He appears to have shaved the front part of his scalp off voluntarily. Maybe that's to cover balding but I have no idea how he thinks the current look is better. He looks ridiculous.

Very true, it looks like he ran out of his barbershop halfway through getting patterns shaved into his hair.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm in line to go to a thing I suspect its wrestling will report back

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who has a picture of this bad haircut? I don't wanna Google Rich Swann.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Who has a picture of this bad haircut? I don't wanna Google Rich Swann.

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1012036864461692928

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That looks good.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Hey all. My wife and I are doing something real dumb and starting an indie fed in 2019. Anyone in Phoenix, or anywhere really, interested in more details PM me.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

like a Twitch efed or

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kinetic77 posted:

Hey all. My wife and I are doing something real dumb and starting an indie fed in 2019. Anyone in Phoenix, or anywhere really, interested in more details PM me.

one word of advice

flyer

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Nova Pro said locally targeted Facebook ads made a big difference for them

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sub Rosa posted:

Nova Pro said locally targeted Facebook ads made a big difference for them

Yeah I’d agree with this. You can get super targeted with demographics, interests, etc.

The only thing better would be flyers

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The logo's a good start

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I bet VA Gent Mike would probably talk with you on Twitter about how he’s built NOVA Pro over the last 3 years

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Warning: photodump

I went and saw some wrestling today!

This suit exists.

A heroic pose as our face circles the heel

Unfortunately victory was not in the cards for our hero

The winner: a dastardly villain named Scott who won with a fingerhold when the ref stopped the match.

We meet our next face, Victor

As well as this absolute unit

Here the official is being really official

Things look bad for our hero

Luckily he reverses the finisher and picks up the win

The heel

Maybe impressed?

Nope it's just a ruse!

Not undertaker is here to take on not IRS

it goes about how you would expect

I bought not-IRS's T-shirt

Not undertaker wins and we move on to our match for the tag team championship....

Except our tag titles are being defended by only one guy, half of team sexy

Our challengers, ready to face the heel 2 vs 1..... ?

After this happened a ref bump gave the heel the distraction he needed

His celebration is short lived as three men (one with a bat) quickly go to work enforcing order in the match

Nows the chance!

It turns out five men really can beat one man

Challenging for the women's championship is a nefarious woman named Alien

And our face, The Golden Girl

I had a lot of trouble getting good shots of this match

Technically this was a lumberjack match but our special guest lumberjacks didn't necessarily know how they were supposed to fit into the match; Golden girl wins

Spooky skull man comes out for tonight's purge an I quit match

He isn't so spooky without his mask

Because it's an I Quit match mr skull announces that his opponent is going to have his wife at ringside as a surrogate(in case they need to throw in the towel for you). Mr skull is generally unlovable and so he has no wife, instead Mr Skull will be using Mr Chains as his surrogate in the match.

After a long wait our face (yellow) surprise attacks from under the ring!

Most of the match is outside the ring and the crowd was very sad because we wanted to be able to see the night's violence

Kinda proud of this one

Beautiful form

Yellow trunks wife gets into an altercation with Mr. Chains

Unfortunately during said altercation the face's towel ends up in the ring while the ref is out cold; the ref awakens to see the face in a submission hold with their towel on the ground in front of them

Proper heelwork from our winner mr skull

This guy had prepared quecards for our announcer; highlights include being listed at 190 pounds

Our hero; not Daniel Bryan

Powerful balance

The balance shifts

All over but the crying (not Daniel Bryan wins)

Our main event; introducing our challenger The Bad Guy From an Anime

Our face and current champ; Flex

Heel attacks face before the match; gets a bit of posing in

Using some rope or rag as a weapon

Our hero manages a reversal

Tries putting the big man to sleep; it's a no go

Things look bad here but the face gets a few desperate knees in and reverses the situation

Our face gets the pin and remains champion!

The crowd rushes in to celebrate

The jerk from the first match surprise attacks!

Our announcer asks why jerkface did the jerk thing; jerkface blows him off because he's a jerk

Our champ; barely standing but standing tall

Overall I had a bunch of fun! I'm really happy with some of these pics and I'd have more but it's hard to cheer properly AND get photos of the good spots; I hope you've enjoyed as well!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Nice post.

The only one I've seen out of all those people is The Abominable CPA but he was really good when I saw him.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, I recognize the Abominable CPA and Kris Statlander (alien chick). You're somewhere vaguely in the Northeast. CPA has a fun schtick, I think Kris went over her own head with the alien poo poo. Also, she basically does the Joey Ryan dickflip, but with telekinesis. I think she's young, so she gets a pass.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

CPA is goddamn great. Man spent like five minutes trying to dig me a medium t-shirt out of a pile of extra larges. "I didn't think to bring any of those!" "Look just give me a large, it's fine!"

Also Russo hates him for nebulous reasons, so there's another plus

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

CPA is goddamn great. Man spent like five minutes trying to dig me a medium t-shirt out of a pile of extra larges. "I didn't think to bring any of those!" "Look just give me a large, it's fine!"

Also Russo hates him for nebulous reasons, so there's another plus

He had medium at my show XD Also I'm down in southern North Carolina so they got pretty far down the coast! (Crowd was red hot almost the whole night they seemed very happy about that)

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Yay! CPA Fan Club! I saw the match where the Breakfast Club and was sad. But then read he and Smart Mark Sterling are now in CZW and was happy (that they're going to get more exposure... not necessarily that it's CZW)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

On the one hand, copying Suzuki is as good a reason as any to do that to your hair. On the other hand, copying Suzuki means Suzuki will kill you. In summary, I approve of this hairstyle for multiple reasons.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That post was great, thanks for it! We need more local indie live report photo dump posts.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I’d agree with this. You can get super targeted with demographics, interests, etc.

The only thing better would be flyers

Thanks for the advice ya’ll!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know how well Instagram and Twitter work for businesses in general since their algorithms are so hosed now, but that's the best way I was able to stay informed about Wrestle Circus shows in Austin. We have other indies in the area but their social games are weak so I never have any idea of when their shows actually are until, usually, after the fact.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Flyers/posters are, no joke, a great investment until you're big enough to have buzz. The only way I ever find out about shows around here is from posters when I'm out shopping.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
missed that PROGRESS announced their US touring roster a few weeks ago https://progresswrestling.com/blogs/news/usa-coasttocoast-touring-roster-announced

bummed I won't get to see Toni Storm in NYC, and instead will get as a consolation... Travis Banks, who is I guess so boring as champion that they didn't even feel the need to lock him in for the entire tour, and Mark Haskins, who is okay enough but I've already seen like 5 times :(

otoh, they might get some good local-ish talent, such as one David Starr, hell yeah

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1016069349302525952

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that team name is real good

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The Bad Guy from an Anime would be a great wrestling character.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't know how well Instagram and Twitter work for businesses in general since their algorithms are so hosed now, but that's the best way I was able to stay informed about Wrestle Circus shows in Austin. We have other indies in the area but their social games are weak so I never have any idea of when their shows actually are until, usually, after the fact.

Out here all three of the current companies we have only put a flyer on Facebook and Twitter. They also never announce the match ups or say who all is on the card. It baffles me.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

So Amazon Prime just put out a series "Dojo Pro", out of nowhere, havent watched it yet but it has some cool guys in it.

Edit --- I guess it has some sort of ROH affiliation? Winner gets a TV title shot.

deadkiller615 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 9, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1016183097308712960

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
PCO.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why are you checking if fascists are involved when the original poster already said there were?

deadkiller615 posted:

Edit --- I guess it has some sort of ROH affiliation?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

STONE COLD 64 posted:

that team name is real good
It was great when they first(?) teamed. Jim Smallman announced their name and David Starr seemed to snap and tried to get an armbar on the poor guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

We haven’t killed a magician in a year or so, let’s do PCO vs Jarek

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dojoprotv/status/1016157205496778752

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It bothers me that, in the list of names, James Storm doesn't have a number next to him and #12 is blank.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1016353275765854208

So this is how he gets on All In, as predicted by everyone who wasn't dumb enough to think Cody vs. Aldis was actually happening.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
didnt think we'd get a more awful nwa champion than aldis but here we are even if it is the nwa title. I bet josephus is happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KungFu Grip posted:

didnt think we'd get a more awful nwa champion than aldis but here we are even if it is the nwa title. I bet josephus is happy

Flip is good