Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

dude, wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
look dude, it's the south america thread. like, South Of America. duh.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lula is out of jail

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

lula is out of jail

hell yeah

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/OliverStuenkel/status/1015991451010916353

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How the gently caress is Moro going to disregard that, Favreto is a Desembargador for gently caress's sake.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1016006747054657537

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Plutonis posted:

How the gently caress is Moro going to disregard that, Favreto is a Desembargador for gently caress's sake.

Stall the court of appeals till the military launches a coup and makes all this moot probably.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if lula is actually released will he be eligible to run?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if lula is actually released will he be eligible to run?

No, sadly.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
cant he just like use a figurhead to run while featuring prominently in all the ads, campaign rallies being all "actually you're voting for me wink wink" like they do in a bunch of other countries

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bolsonaro is still on the path to winning, right?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
since we dont have a caribbean politics thread (i dont think) ill post this here

https://youtu.be/IjFuJ7FIVOM

the imf is once again loving with haiti. in exchange for the (liberal as gently caress) government to end fuel subsidies the imf will provide the nation additional funding. this of course results in gasoline and diesal prices making a dramatic jump and causing widespread protests and riots. but of course all the american news outlets give a poo poo about is how this is inconvencing american citizens in the country as the scary poor blacks set things on fire.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The IMF should be sent to the Hague imo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

The IMF should be sent to the gallows imo

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

mila kunis posted:

cant he just like use a figurhead to run while featuring prominently in all the ads, campaign rallies being all "actually you're voting for me wink wink" like they do in a bunch of other countries

campora al gobierno peron al poder !

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

since we dont have a caribbean politics thread (i dont think) ill post this here

the imf is once again loving with haiti. in exchange for the (liberal as gently caress) government to end fuel subsidies the imf will provide the nation additional funding. this of course results in gasoline and diesal prices making a dramatic jump and causing widespread protests and riots. but of course all the american news outlets give a poo poo about is how this is inconvencing american citizens in the country as the scary poor blacks set things on fire.
even by the standards of western power involvement in the post-independence western hemisphere, Haiti's history is really bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao the psycho lawyer who started the impeachment process is gonan be bolsonaro's VP pick

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Remember when Crooked Hillary worked with private companies to block a 0.60 cent per day wage increase for Haitian workers?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

etalian posted:

Remember when Crooked Hillary worked with private companies to block a 0.60 cent per day wage increase for Haitian workers?

I like how this isn't even the worst thing Hillary did to Haiti

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cool article on violence in my city

http://www.americasquarterly.org/content/homicidereduction-brazil-english

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that's a good article and it'll be a shame to see all that effort get thrown out once bolsonaro wins

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Plutonis posted:

lmao the psycho lawyer who started the impeachment process is gonan be bolsonaro's VP pick

cool circlejerk

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

She was completely histrionic during the trial. She's a total nutjob and people keep taking her seriously.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

looks like macri wants to let the army start doing police stuff again

enjoy your extrajudicial murder, argentina

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm surprised they haven't decided to invade the Falklands while our government is a shambles

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you'd dig up thatcher's rotting corpse in two seconds to head the unity government's war effort

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

looks like macri wants to let the army start doing police stuff again

enjoy your extrajudicial murder, argentina
didn't macri get elected vowing to crack down on drug traffickers? some poo poo is gonna go down

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hasnt the British navy mothballed a bunch of ships since the Falklands war. It's pointless imperialism but now would be a good time unironically. Unless the US decides to step in

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

[GOON PROJECT] let's make a war plan for invading the falklands

e: vvv right you are
[PROYECTO DE SECUAZ] hagamos un plan de guerra para invadir las islas malvinas

Prav has issued a correction as of 14:47 on Jul 26, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

I'm surprised they haven't decided to invade the Falklands while our government is a shambles

*Malvinas

Larry Parrish posted:

hasnt the British navy mothballed a bunch of ships since the Falklands war. It's pointless imperialism but now would be a good time unironically. Unless the US decides to step in

*Guerra de las Malvinas

Prav posted:

[GOON PROJECT] let's make a war plan for invading the falklands

*Malvinas

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

*Malvinas

*Guerra de las Malvinas

*Malvinas

Islas Falklands.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Uruguay seems pretty cool from its wikipedia page

Tell me otherwise tia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Tell me otherwise tia

The prices and cost of living are insanely jacked up from the last time I went there two years ago and the Brazilian Real wasn't that much of a poo poo currency back then.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Tell me otherwise tia
you can't buy the legal weed there unless you're a citizen. also Luis Suarez is an rear end in a top hat

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
luis suarez owns and is one of history's greatest humanitarians

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The UK actively wants to get rid of the Falklands but the inhabitants don't want to be Argentinian.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Plutonis posted:

*Malvinas

*Guerra de las Malvinas

*Malvinas

should have won the war m8. or had the people not vote 99% to stay part of the UK in a referendum in 2012

we should have nuked the argies. starting a war of aggression against a nuclear power when they didn't have any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

should have won the war m8. or had the people not vote 99% to stay part of the UK in a referendum in 2012

wow, 99 of all 100 Falklanders.

• Locked thread