Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mods change my name posted:

until you can lay down a track as sick as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9909uexu8

You can just go on keeping Mark Wahlbergs name out of your dumbass mouth!
I think you meant to post this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arc Light posted:

This included, but was not limited to, having Nestle saleswomen dress as nurses in developing countries, to then try and convince new mothers that baby formula was an indispensable medical necessity.

My personal favorite part of that is babies dying of malnutrition as parents dilute formula to make it last longer, with the close runner up babies dying from formula mixed with dirty water.

gently caress Nestle really hard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's a small glimmer of hope in a dire situation, so guess who's here to take credit for it!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1015947163292008451?s=19

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Handsome Ralph posted:

God dammit, him and Berg are totally gonna make a terrible movie about this.

For what it's worth, most people in Boston and the surrounding area loving hated Patriots Day and Mark Walhbergs role in it. Between that and his whole "I'm the biggest Boston sports fan around now excuse me while I leave the super bowl at half-time" has made a ton of locals realize how much he sucks, which was long overdue.

I thought he was all about Philly for some reason.

Which member of New Kids on the Block would you choose to be then?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I will personally blame Trump for every death related to this incident.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Midjack posted:

My personal favorite part of that is babies dying of malnutrition as parents dilute formula to make it last longer, with the close runner up babies dying from formula mixed with dirty water.

gently caress Nestle really hard.

the winning combination of capitalism and homeopathy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EBB posted:

I will personally blame Trump for every death related to this incident.
Nice of him to finally say something once a few of them came out alive.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Nestle and gently caress their Indiana Jones nazi-looking CEO

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Elsewhere in APAC, negotiations with North Korea are going about as well as everyone expected.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/world/asia/mike-pompeo-north-korea-pyongyang.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

President Deals and the Simpleton of State are making us look like giant retards

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Looks like its going better than I expected it would:

https://twitter.com/CurtisSChin/status/1015921434370150400

Is that a coffin in the still screenshot before you click play?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

President Deals and the Simpleton of State are making us look like giant retards
It's going to be funny watching the whiplash Trumpistas have to do.

"KIM IS GOOD STRONG LEADER OF HIS PEOPLE!"
*5 seconds later
"KIM IS BAD WHO DOES HE THINK HE'S DEALING WITH HERE?!"

gently caress those morons.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My first thought it but it’s actually a model of the mountain and cave system

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that a coffin in the still screenshot before you click play?
It's a cutaway diagram of the cave. But yes, it looks like a coffin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Y'all talking Mark Wahlberg need to watch some Dan Van Kirk standup, doesn't do much besides impersonate Mark Wahlberg, but it's great.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Marky Mark is great in Three Kings and Pain and Gain.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

SEAL Team 6 can basically never talk poo poo again.

Waiting for trump to say something like "They have great navy seals. Just great. Ours are better, but theirs are pretty good too"

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Casimir Radon posted:

Extremely underappreciated movies.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Waiting for trump to say something like "They have great navy seals. Just great. Ours are better, but theirs are pretty good too"

I mean, how many green berets have they killed?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Has anyone made a Time Taliban fortress edit of the Thai cave yet?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Casimir Radon posted:

It's a cutaway diagram of the cave. But yes, it looks like a coffin.

Literally thought it looked like a coffin draped with a tarp

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Technically it is a coffin for one diver

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FAUXTON posted:

you just had to go there

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FAUXTON posted:

i cant breathe

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

God dammit, him and Berg are totally gonna make a terrible movie about this.

Working title: Lone Spelunker

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Has anyone made a Time Taliban fortress edit of the Thai cave yet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862467

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

He's actually really good in movies where he doesn't try to pretend to be the smartest or toughest guy in the room.

He was amazing in Boogie Nights but go figure he says he regrets taking that role now.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

He's actually really good in movies where he doesn't try to pretend to be the smartest or toughest guy in the room.

Don't forget The Fighter

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

you just had to go there

Everyone knows what the edgy response to this would be but the guy made a really selfless decision to thin his margins as much as possible for the benefit of the trapped kids even if it might have been made fatal by a miscalculation in the end.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://media.giphy.com/media/z6fWwaMJ6RRkY/giphy.mp4

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

He was amazing in Boogie Nights but go figure he says he regrets taking that role now.

I always thought he was actually pretty decent in comedies, or something like Three Kings where he doesn't take himself too seriously

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I liked him in the Departed, tbh. Really my dislike of the guy comes from wailing on an an immigrant

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

It's going to be funny watching the whiplash Trumpistas have to do.

"KIM IS GOOD STRONG LEADER OF HIS PEOPLE!"
*5 seconds later
"KIM IS BAD WHO DOES HE THINK HE'S DEALING WITH HERE?!"

gently caress those morons.

Super looking forward to the Commander In Chief of the U.S. military having his tender baby ego bruised when the truth begins to pierce his bubble of sycophants and cultured news intake. I'm certain he'll react in a level headed manner when he, on the instinctual subconscious level that is all that passes for his thought process, catches on that everyone can actually see he's not wearing clothes so he looks like a colossal fool and total dupe. I'm sure regional/global stability can tolerate the syphilitic temper tantrum that will result.

Yep.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

I liked him in [a few movies] Really my dislike of the guy comes from wailing on an an immigrant

:same:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

you just had to go there

The ability to take delight in the misfortunes of others is the root of all humor.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Madurai posted:

The ability to take delight in the misfortunes of others is the root of all humor.

:same:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Milo and POTUS posted:

I liked him in the Departed, tbh. Really my dislike of the guy comes from wailing on an an immigrant

The guy he beat up forgave him and said that Wahlberg didn't punch his eye out; he lost it in Vietnam fighting against the Communists. The newspapers tracked him down because the dude (Jonny Trinh) had never seen any of Wahlberg's movies or even heard of him.

Apparently Wahlberg punched him in his non-working eye and it was bruised so prosecution just figured it was connected. Trinh didn't have health insurance and didn't seek medical attention for it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bird food bathtub posted:

Super looking forward to the Commander In Chief of the U.S. military having his tender baby ego bruised when the truth begins to pierce his bubble of sycophants and cultured news intake. I'm certain he'll react in a level headed manner when he, on the instinctual subconscious level that is all that passes for his thought process, catches on that everyone can actually see he's not wearing clothes so he looks like a colossal fool and total dupe. I'm sure regional/global stability can tolerate the syphilitic temper tantrum that will result.

Yep.

Didn't dodge those STDs back in nam after all. Now we're in his Jacob's Ladder/Owl Creek Bridge nightmare

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sergg posted:

The guy he beat up forgave him and said that Wahlberg didn't punch his eye out; he lost it in Vietnam fighting against the Communists. The newspapers tracked him down because the dude (Jonny Trinh) had never seen any of Wahlberg's movies or even heard of him.

No poo poo he fought the communists. That's half of what pissed me off about it. Marky Mark was (is?) probably too dumb to know that ARVN or RF/PF was a thing. It'd be like beating up a Cuban and telling them to go home commie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What’s the deal with the SEALs/Green Beret thing?

• Locked thread