Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

What good would come from getting a paternity test that indicates the child ain't his? :words: :words: :words:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Go back and read my post again; I didn't defend his desire for a paternity test, I think it's hosed up and he needs to talk to a therapist about his trust issues.

I'm agreeing with the wife and saying that it isn't worth getting divorced over (while not ruling out other poo poo we don't know about that would be worth getting divorced over)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Owning animals is interspecies slavery hth.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
relationships/r/: insatiable appetite for the booty of sophisticated and elegant women

I won't rest until we have a better thread title!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lou Takki posted:

i don't own my dog, i make him pay rent just like everyone else in my household

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

That is a hell of a stretch.

That's a redpill conspiracy thing. Which means he reads and believes fringe incel conspiracy theories. He should be euthanized.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I think it would be reasonable to be upset or maybe find it a deal-breaker if your SO suddenly starts a new hobby that literally takes up all their time forever. But it seems like dog flights lady has always been like this, so he should have known what he was getting into, and it's real dumb to get into a relationship with someone whose passions you think are stupid and hope they'll grow out of.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

That is a hell of a stretch.

You are objectively wrong, the only subjective factor is how wrong you are.

Now, if dog rescue GF was up all night all the time arranging flights for horses we'd call her crazy.

If she was up late arranging flights for snakes we'd call her a creep.

If it was collecting Funko Pops all day erryday we'd mock the poo poo out of her.

But because it's dogs she can act like a complete obsessive to the detriment of her relationship and somehow it's her boyfriend who is an rear end in a top hat?

I don't understand. I grew up around dogs and I like dogs but I just keep seeing people going bonkers over dogs, even theoretical dogs and it blows my mind.

Actually all of the rest of these are also fine, and if she just devoted a lot of her spare time to Funko Pops instead of all her time as you say, that would only be weird.

Also humans bond with pets differently than we do with other animals. I mean hell there was just research recently that showed for most people losing a pet was similar to losing a human loved one. So yeah, dog girl is actually legit fine and at least her passion does something positive to the world.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dog girl is cool and good and I would like to hang out with her and her dogs. Dogs are good people.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dog girl is cool and good and I would like to hang out with her and her dogs. Dogs are good people.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Dude got owned but tbh it does seem like more of a standard relationship issue of one person being more invested in their work/hobbies than their relationship. If he was unhappy with it, he was right to put his foot down and it's good that they can separate and find someone they're more compatible with. His weird tirade about her love of animals being childish is off putting, but it does sound like there's a very real aspect of time and financial commitment that he was understandably upset by.

Here's something amazing about a lot of volunteer work, it can be social.
/e- ie when I adopted my dogs the foster family as a whole were there

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dogs are the best people, better than most humans.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Lou Takki posted:

owning animals is great, nothing is better than pretending to throw a ball and watching a dog run off to search for it then come back confused so you can go "lol owned" and hand him the ball

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Heliotrope posted:

While we're asking for old stories, does anyone have the one where the teenager posted about how he called his mom a bitch, she told him he'd be in trouble, and then his siblings held a mock funeral for him in the backyard?

I was arguing with mom yesterday while she's on her business trip. I warned the new call of duty game and she said no. I accidentally said the words go gently caress yourself. She said "just you wait." My idiot sister Jane 14 told the twins.

The started going oohhhhh we got us another murder today boys. They started talking about how I was to young to remember, but Timmy our brother said the exact same thing to mom and she killed him. They've actually gone into the shed and are making me a tombstone made from wood. I've seen it they have my name on it and everything. They've planted it in the backyard and have put 5 chairs there for the funeral.

How do I get my brothers to stop being mean and to help me apologise to mom?

TL;DR: Accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself and my brothers are being jerks about it and not helping me.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mad Wack posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you, all dogs deserve love
Chill, dude, I was just citing that pearl of wisdom from way back in the thread: “Punch dogs 24/7.”

Speaking of which, does anyone remember how that meme got started here?

e: tore out unnecessarily long sidetrack about how Animal Lady probably was only spending 15 hours a week on animal or pet-centric activities plus 10-15 hours at the clinic, which seems reasonable for someone enjoying her “hobby”

Admiralty Flag fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 8, 2018

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for the patch notes on your post there dog hater, we were all on edge.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My building manager (40sM) installed cameras to watch me (26F) and he and his girlfriend are now both harassing me

quote:

I used to be the apartment manager of my building. It was pretty low-key, the owners are sketchy & trying to sell, but my place is amazing and rent control so I put up with a lot. My job started getting busy so I had to stop managing, so they found a new guy. He was flirty right off the bat, which I tried to shut down gently, and then more firmly. He pretends to understand, but he starts asking building related questions - who is our plumber, etc. and then using that excuse to try to engage me in a conversation. I refuse to answer when he calls, avoid him, etc.

A month ago he installed security cameras on our building. One points down the side of the street where there are garage doors, the other points at my private garden, my front door, and my parking space. Literally it shows nothing but my outdoor area. No one else uses my front door, just me. Since then he's been intercepting me when I come home from work almost every night. I was trying to keep it civil but it's impossible, he will not leave me alone. I asked him if he was waiting for me, which he denied, but its almost every day. I've told him I don't want to talk to him. Lately he's started parading around without his shirt on, which is just making a bad situation feel even more awkward and cringey.

Add to this, his girlfriend has vacillated between weirdly touchy and extremely unfriendly to me since she moved in. Last week that escalated, she showed up at my door making crazy accusations. I had to ask her to leave multiple times because she was just standing at my front even after I closed it, shouting through my mailbox. , She came by again later, calmer this time, ostensibly to apologize but soon started accusing me of trying to break up her family. I swore I have never had any interest in her boyfriend, and explained to her how he was always bothering me.

This is where it gets creepy. She pulls out her phone which has all these thumbnails of videos that are recordings of my front yard. It shows me leaving, coming home, it shows me and my BF in my yard. She pulls up a video of her boyfriend trying to talk to me, and asks what he meant when he asked me about something in the video. I'm too stunned to answer. I had no idea they were recording me, listening to all of my conversations, and saving them. I casually asked her how she has these videos, and she admits they both have phone access, and she watches them to figure out what he's doing - which is apparently watching and listening to me. As well as the rest of my neighbors. I think she realizes deep inside that its all him, and that I'm not to blame, but meanwhile she's angry and spying on me. He's creeping and spying on me. Since then she's made a point to comment on things she's seen or heard on camera. Oh, and he's STILL trying to intercept me on my way to my door. If anything, now that it's out of the bag, they're both bolder.

I know this sounds like a train wreck, but I swear I'm a pretty boring person with a boring job and a LTR. I feel completely violated and unsafe. My boyfriend left for an incredible career opportunity that will keep him out of state for about a year. I can't move right now, and I have no idea how to make these two leave me alone.

TL;DR My building manager is using security cameras to stalk me, his girlfriend won't leave me alone and neither of these people have any idea how to have a healthy relationship.
:yikes:

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Darkrenown posted:

it's real dumb to get into a relationship with someone whose passions you think are stupid and hope they'll grow out of.
But you don’t get it!

He said she was hot and usually had good jobs. What man wouldn’t be justified in humoring her childish little fixations in order to tap &/or be funded by a piece of that?

Not the dude’s fault she never left Fantasy Pet Island. Poor guy suffered so much I’m not sure I can blame him for skipping an awards dinner where this animal-loving but totally choice piece of rear end was winning a loving award for excellence in doing the thing she loved. His guild (full of real friends, like dogs can never be) probably needed his DPS* on a raid that night. And she’s so unreasonable! After five years of his patience and tolerance, when he magnanimously tries to salve her wounded feelings with a gift of a tree frog (a gift for her that he saved her the trouble of naming, that gentleman!), she callously treats his gesture like it were nothing more than the poo poo-bomb one of her beloved horses leaves in a meadow.

(* Let’s be honest: if this guy plays MMOs, is there any chance he’d play tank or healer instead of looking for big numbers?)

But yeah, I totally agree with you. I’m just so taken with his absolute shallowness, self-centeredness, and lack of self awareness that it’s wrapped around from disgust to wonderous fascination in my head.

And I’ve got to take a break from this. I get more and more wound up and fascinated by this guy every time I think about him. Paralleling Wizard of Goatse “Platonic Form of a dolt”, he’s like a dolt Mandelbrot set. He’s fractally douchebaggish.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
a dog can't make me tendies and clean my bong

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/gCHezO7.mp4

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
/r/adultery is seriously an untapped vein of comedy gold people... so much brokebrained weirdo e/n

I added it to my multireddit and it's been producing solid gains:

Is the occasional check-in REALLY so difficult? (self.adultery)

quote:

Dear AP,

We’ve known one another for a few months now. We’ve been together 7 times, each time more amazing than the last. The physical connection is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. You feel the same way.

So is it that loving difficult to check in periodically to say hi? Because it’s been 7 days. And yes, I know you’re camping with your wife. And yes, you sent a 2-sentence email 4 days ago. And you say you literally never have a moment alone.

But it’s 2018. And we all have cell phones. And it’s not that difficult to find 3 minutes to drop a note.

Because of the multitude of (albeit creepy) responses I got on AFF, I picked you. You seemed normal. You had a sense of humor. We clicked. Or so I thought. But dammit if it isn’t making me second guess this when you can’t even find time to say hi.

Thanks all. Passive-aggressive rant over.

:stare:

The perfect amount of Tipsy (self.adultery)

quote:

Dinner out with the spouse and almost grown kids. The kids are delightful. The spouse read his book on Kindle and made snarky comments. I had one too many craft beers (I'm a beer snob). With my lover it would be perfect. I wish I could be out enjoying this gorgeous evening with someone who gave a poo poo about me. But since I can't I'll just be home and tipsy. Happy adultering everyone.

maybe he's snarky because his wife is constantly "tipsy" :shrug:

Watch out for bank letters (self.adultery)

quote:

Just a warning, to anyone that might be thinking of opening a second bank account for nefarious activities. I opened a little bank account of my own recently, with cash. When opened it they told me that I had to have a permanent address. I agreed, but told them I would like to have any mail coming to a PO address. I set up a PO box, no big deal.

Well, the bank sent a letter to my home confirming a "change of address", from my home to my PO box. And it SHOWED THE PO BOX NUMBER!!!

My SO, who is suspicious af of all my activities, and reads all my mail, got to the mail first, opened it and read it. That evening, I got a typewritten 2 page letter, detailing all the ways I am untrustworthy, etc. I explained that I wanted a bank account of my own, for myself as a woman. For my own independence. He very grudgingly bought it...except for the need for the secret PO box. I told him I didn't want him to know, because I knew he would react this way.

I am now skating on thin ice, and will be under very intense scrutiny for a long time. My extra-curricular activities are going to have to stop for awhile, as he will be watching my every move (he also said he suspects I am cheating, but doesn't have evidence).

So, just a word of warning about that, fellow adulterers :(

Caganer fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 8, 2018

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lol the Internet has broken us, burn it all down and start over

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Uhh, drinking craft beer is a hobby, not alcoholism!!! :mad:

I tried to find the rear end-eating-lullaby story myself, but so far it has been unsuccessful. I did, however, find this:
Me [27 F] with my boyfriend [26 M] together 3 yrs told me to stick my birthday dinner up my rear end because I told him to stop insulting my dog *
*=you'll find the title to be inaccurate

quote:

Today is my birthday. I turned 27. I live with my boyfriend of 3 years.

He says mean things when he is angry but we always make up.

He planned a nice evening for us together, dinner at a fancy restaurant tonight. This morning he gave me some really nice gifts and made me cry. It was really sweet.

Two years ago I adopted a dog from a shelter. He is a cute dog, but my BF always wanted a bigger dog. When I brought him home as a surprise my BF was not that happy about it. He claims since then that it is my dog and not his. So I have taken the whole burden of caring for him. I pay for his vet bills and love him so dearly. My whole family does. He doesn't even walk the dog. Maybe once a month if I am feeling unwell.

He is usually sweet to the dog though and says he loves him. However earlier today, he just started acting annoyed with the dog again as he was when I first brought him home. He was yelling at him and telling me that he is just annoying to have around even though he is the most mellow dog in the world. He mostly just sleeps all day.

I asked him to stop yelling at the dog and being so annoyed because it really hurts my feelings. He said "well, don't ask me how I feel about him. I don't want him around and I never did." I started crying and said he would be around forever, until he died, and I had no plans of getting rid of him, as I love him so much and he has cured me of my depression. But my boyfriend just callously told me to shut the gently caress up and that I can't force him to love him. I kept crying and then I said "you don't have a choice. He doesn't bother you in any way and he is all of my responsibility. I would choose him over you any day if you want to keep making this a problem." Then he snapped and told me "gently caress your birthday. Shove your dog up your rear end and gently caress your birthday dinner too. I am not going anywhere with you. You always want to pick a fight." I told him I just wanted him to have compassion and also understand that it hurts my feelings and as there is nothing we can do to change the situation as it is, he should be more considerate before saying heartless things about an animal I love so much and really care for.

He just continued saying gently caress you.

Now my birthday is ruined. I can't stop crying. I don't know what to do or how to react. Am I being too sensitive to this or is this a deal breaker? I feel like any self loving woman would not put up with this kind of childish behavior or her BF telling her to gently caress off because she asked for his compassion. I don't want to lose my BF because of my dog though. I think, though, that he is more upset with me talking back and having a right point than the dog maybe. A part of me feels like he loves seeing me cry and being hurt. I just don't understand how a tiny cute quiet dog could annoy anyone so much.

Please help. Thank you.

tl;dr: boyfriend hates my dog and doesn't care that is hurts my feelings--ruined my birthday

Not that it justifies how lovely the BF is, but bringing home a surprise dog is loving stupid. Also the "I'd choose him over you!" is is a pretty powerful burn.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

/r/relationships: shove your dog up your rear end and gently caress your birthday dinner too

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Chill, dude, I was just citing that pearl of wisdom from way back in the thread: “Punch dogs 24/7.”

Speaking of which, does anyone remember how that meme got started here?

e: tore out unnecessarily long sidetrack about how Animal Lady probably was only spending 15 hours a week on animal or pet-centric activities plus 10-15 hours at the clinic, which seems reasonable for someone enjoying her “hobby”

Some dude punched his girlfriend's dog when it tried to jump up on him while he was wearing an expensive suit.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Darkrenown posted:

I tried to find the rear end-eating-lullaby story myself, but so far it has been unsuccessful. I did, however, find this:
Me [27 F] with my boyfriend [26 M] together 3 yrs told me to stick my birthday dinner up my rear end because I told him to stop insulting my dog *

Not that it justifies how lovely the BF is, but bringing home a surprise dog is loving stupid. Also the "I'd choose him over you!" is is a pretty powerful burn.

lmfao this is the best part:

quote:

I told him I just wanted him to have compassion and also understand that it hurts my feelings and as there is nothing we can do to change the situation as it is, he should be more considerate before saying heartless things about an animal I love so much and really care for.

Nothing can change this situation (because I unilaterally made a choice for both of us).

Also, telling a redditor they must "love" a dog could end poorly...

I think my teenage son may have sodomized our dog. I'm not sure what to do. Help me Reddit.
(self.AskReddit)

quote:

So, I'm not even sure how to start here. The last couple of weeks my dog (7 year old lab) has been acting noticeably different. I guess I could describe it as "distant" and even depressed. He is normally an extremely outgoing and happy dog, very playful and energetic etc. But starting about 2 weeks ago he started acting very withdrawn and nervous around people, even his own family. At first I kind of brushed it off as feeling under the weather, but after about a week and a half I decided maybe he needed to see a vet.

I got him in yesterday and after an examination the vet told me that he believes the dog has been sodomized. His anus had slight damage in a way that was consistent with that sort of thing. He said he can't really imagine that his injuries could have come about any other way. So already now I'm pretty upset and sort of freaking out. Who would do this sort of thing to a dog?

I thought about all of the people that had access to the dog and my back yard. Garderners crossed my mind, my neighbors, etc. The only people that live in the house are my wife, myself, and our teenaged son. I came home and thought about it for a while. I had this really ugly sinking feeling in my stomach about the possibilty that it could have been my son. I decided to look around his room.

I didn't really know what I was expecting to find, and I didn't really find anything in there that screamed guilty, until I decided to check his browser history. I found he had been on a beastiality forum recently and a site with pictures of that sort of thing. I felt like I was going to throw up.

Now I know that this isn't definitive proof of anything, but it sure doesn't look good. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced my son has been sodomizing our dog. I haven't told my wife yet or done anything about it. I have NOT left him alone with the dog since. I am totally confused and upset and don't really know how to proceed with this.

Reddit, please, please help!

TL;DR Vet says my dog has been sodomized, found some suggestive bestiality material on sons computer, suspecting my son sodomized family dog.

EDIT - Thank you for all your advice to those of you who are serious. I understand this seems like a joke to some of you but it's not to me, so for those of you that gave real advice, thank you. I think I'm going to take your advice and confront him about it privately, without involving my wife. It is not going to be an easy conversation but it has to happen. My only worry is the possibility that he isn't guilty of this and somebody else did it. I guess then we still need to talk about what I found on his computer anyways. Ugh. FML. Thank you for being there for me Reddit

EDIT 2 - Ok, my son just got home. I'm going to have the conversation with him when I can get a moment alone and I will come back and let you guys know what happened

EDIT 3 - Ok, just spoke to my son. Before I get into our talk, let me quickly say thank you all again for your incredible advice and support, there were a lot of really really helpful suggestions in here, and I took some of your advice. Anyways, our family had dinner and did our usual night time stuff. My wife and I watched TV, son was in his room after dinner like all teenagers are, and dog, obviously, was with me.

I waited for my wife to go to bed, which felt like forever because I was so nervous, but she finally did about an hour ago and I went into my sons room to have the talk. I basically said listen, I noticed the dog has been acting weird, I took him to the vet, I found out someone has sodomized him, any ideas what might have happened? I looked at my son and he seemed ever so slightly nervous but pretended to know nothing about it. I expected this, so I brought up the sites I found on his computer. Naturally, this made him pretty upset and he got really indignant at the thought that I snooped around on his computer. Fair enough, I get it. But I got him back to the point and tried to be as understanding and fatherly as I could and just told him that whatever happened I am not going to judge him and he's not going to be punished I just need to know the truth.

After about 10-15 minutes of this he finally breaks down and admits that he put the handle of a hairbrush as well as fingers into the dog a few times during a day last week. He said he wasn't trying to hurt him and he stopped when the dog at one point freaked out. He said he didn't think he hurt it that bad and he was too embarrassed to tell us or do anything about it. I believed him in this, but he also didn't give a very satisfactory answer as to why exactly he would do this in the first place. I have to admit, either way, I was glad on some level to hear that he wasn't actually having sex with the dog.

So basically, we agreed that I wouldn't tell his mom, but that we would find a reason to tell her that he needs to see a therapist for a bit. i know I told him I wouldn't tell his mother, but the more I think about all of this the more I think I may eventually have to go back on that promise. As for now, the dog is staying with the family, and obviously I made him swear up and down that he will not touch the dog like that again under threat of severe consequences. It's too early to tell if he feels remorse or is just humiliated. It's hard to say. It was very uncomfortable for both of us, but especially my son. I'm sure we can all imagine.

Thank you all again so incredibly much for your support, advice, understanding, and love for both the dog and my son. I have to admit, some of you even made me laugh at a few things I didn't want to. Thanks again Reddit.

EDIT 4 - Due to the outpouring of concern and help from you guys I will update in a week or so and let you know what's happened. Today I located a therapist that specializes in teenagers, I made a preliminary appointment for my son to go in and talk to her. I disclosed to her some of the issues, without getting into too much detail. For now my son does not know this, but it will be a helpful for her to have some idea of what we're dealing with. My dog is still not in the best of spirits, but seems to be making progress. I went for a walk with him today and he was more playful than he has been the past week. I've been trying to be extra good to him as well and the love seems to be helping slowly bring the happiness back into his eyes.

Can't say I'm still not a little peeved about what happened, but I feel like to show my son that I am too upset might be damaging right now. I think we just need to find out why he thought this was ok. As for the brush handle, some of you bring up a good point. I should ask him to throw whichever brush that is away. For some reason, that didn't even cross my mind. Yikes. Anyways, I'll give you all an update on the situation in a week. Thanks again.

I am the father and redditor whose son sodomized our dog with a hairbrush 2 months ago. He's done it again and don't know what to do, please help
(self.AskReddit)

quote:

Alright, well reddit helped me a lot last time, maybe you guys can do it again. Here's the original post about my discovery that my son had abused our family dog.

Long story short, 2 months ago I took my dog Colby to the vet after he was acting weird. The vet determined the dog may have been sodomized. After a lot of thought, I checked the browser history on my sons computer and found he had been viewing pictures of bestiality and seemed to be active in a forum about it. I confronted him and he admitted to sodomizing our dog with the handle of a hairbrush and his fingers.

After asking reddit for help, I decided to put him in therapy and not let my wife know about the issue and tell her he just wanted to talk to somebody professionally.

Well this morning I caught my son in the backyard holding onto Colby's genitals while playing tug of war with him. Granted this isn't sodomization and the dog seemed to be ok, but my son was basically grabbing and massaging the dogs privates as he held him in place under the guise of a tug of war game.

Obviously I stormed outside and grabbed him in anger and we had a VERY serious and angry talk. He had promised me to never treat the dog in any remotely inappropriate way after our last incident. I put him in his room for the rest of the day. My wife is still at work, and I do not know what to do. I am at my wits end. Apparently, therapy has not been working.

Reddit? How do I deal with this? I think I have to tell my wife now, which is not exciting since she has been in the dark about the sodomizing incident for 2 months. I.. am not sure how to deal with all of this.

You guys really helped me last time, any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

TL;DR - My son molested our dog Colby again, not sure what to do.

UPDATE Ok, well that didn't go so well. My wife got home not too long after I put this up. I told her pretty much right off the bat that I messed up pretty bad and that I found out 2 months ago that our son had admitted to me he sodomized the dog with a hairbrush handle and his fingers. I told her that this was why I had wanted him in therapy and that he wasn't comfortable with her knowing and I made him a fatherly promise under the condition he never do anything like that again.

Needless to say she was pretty shocked and upset. Then I told her what I saw today and she got even more upset. It went from a few minutes of anger to tears. She is pretty pissed off at me and pretty upset about our son and Colby, obviously. I feel like poo poo at this point for having kept her in the dark. She told me she felt very betrayed and after calling me some choice names and saying she was confused she grabbed her purse and just left the house. I have no idea where she went, but I didn't try to stop her. She was very, very upset. I feel like the worst husband/father in the world right now.

I went in to speak to my son and he was pretty unhappy too since he could hear everything (obviously was in no hurry to come out of his room for that). He isn't very happy that I told his mom about today and the incident before but after speaking with him briefly I think he understands that it was necessary.

So basically my family was torn apart today over a dog. I need a beer or something. As for re-housing the dog, I suspect we'll probably have to do that, but there's a lot we need to sort through first. I'm sure there is an uncomfortable family meeting in our future. Thanks for the advice and for being there reddit.

UPDATE 2 Wow... front page. Thanks for the outpouring of support. I hope nobody I know is a redditor... didn't quite expect this to get so big, hahaha. Well, anyways, my wife is still gone. I tried to call her on her cell just one time and she didn't pick up, so I got the message. I've just been in the yard with Colby on the computer having a beer. This is crazy. I wish fatherhood/marriage came with a guidebook. I guess reddit is kind of close, right? Well except for the odd people saying "re-home the son" and all of those super... helpful... suggestions. I'll keep you updated as the night goes on. Hopefully my wife actually does return at some point.

As for my son, all he's done is make a hotpocket and go back to his room. Basically just being a teenager in trouble.

EDIT - Since a lot of you are curious, my son is 15 years old. I posted this in a comment in the original thread, I thought I had included it in the main post but I realize I did not. Hope that helps.

Update 3 - Ok, well, my wife called me to say she is staying at her sisters house tonight to clear her head. She has calmed down a bit but said she doesn't think she can handle all of this tonight. I said I understood and apologized again profusely for not telling her sooner. I tried to explain what another redditor mentioned about how the first incident was a weird male adolescent sexual thing and he was embarrassed and thought he could confide in me and trust me.

She was pretty unmoved by that argument and thinks I should've told her. I guess i was wrong. When we got off the phone I said "I love you" and she just hung up. This is probably up there as my worst day in recent memory, at least since the day I found out my son sodomized my dog the first time. As for my son, I have seen no sign of him since he made his hotpocket, however for about 40 minutes now I've been hearing what I am guessing is 'dubstep' coming from his room. I don't know. I'm too old to even want to know.

Colby will sleep in my room tonight, and tomorrow hopefully the wife will be calm enough to discuss what to do with him. She loves that dog a lot, I am not sure how she is going to want to move forward with all of this. For my part, I can already think of 2 families we know that would probably be happy to take the Colbster.

Jesus what a day. Thanks reddit.

UPDATE - I am the father and redditor whose teenage son sodomized our family dog Colby. It's been two months since the latest incident and my family is falling apart. More inside.
(self.AskReddit)

quote:

Here are my two original posts: the one where I first discovered my son had sodomized our dog

and the second one where I discovered him abusing our dog Colby again..

A lot of Redditors were very supportive and helpful with this delicate situation, and I received many letters offering to take in our dog Colby after the second incident, it was really touching to have so many people reach out.

I have also gotten a lot of messages asking for an update on what has happened since the last post. Well, a hell of a lot has happened to my family since then, and none of it has been very good. Basically after hiding the first incident from my wife, I felt obligated to tell her about it when I caught my son sexually abusing Colby again. Turns out not telling her the first time around was probably the worst decision I have ever made.

My wife did not take the news well at all. As I mentioned in my last post, she left the house to stay with her sister for a few days, and wouldn't pick up my calls. The breach of trust and the fact that I hid something so serious from her really pissed her off. To be honest, our marriage has already been pretty rocky the last year or two, for reasons I'd prefer not to get into. So this was just one more bump in the road that our relationship really didn't need.

To be fair, I was only trying to be a good father to my son, and I thought I could keep the initial incident between him and I to protect him from further humiliation. It would have been ok if he had kept his word that he would not abuse the dog ever again, unfortunately he did not and I had to involve his mom. Admittedly, I should have just done that from the beginning.

So after staying at her sisters house for a few days my wife came home and we got into several arguments over the next week or so about our son and what to do about this, and of course there was plenty of me being painted as the bad guy for not including her on a major parenting issue.

I decided to take Reddits advice that we should start looking for a new home for Colby, since he obviously wasn't going to be safe with us anymore. My wife did not like this idea, and after several more arguments I come to find out that she suspects our son never even abused the dog to begin with. She tells me that she has spoken to our son about it and he denied ever doing anything.

So basically I had my son denying he ever sodomized the dog, and my wife now pissed off because she is hearing two conflicting stories from us. She even brought up in the heat of our argument that she thinks if anything I sodomized the dog, which as you can imagine made me absolutely furious.

So to make a long story short, we did not resolve anything, and have only become more embittered with eachother. This, along with a few other marital issues, finally led to my wife asking for a trial separation about 3 weeks ago. My son has decided to live with her, and so I have moved out to a friends house temporarily while I try to figure out what we are going to do next.

I know you guys are probably going to be pissed about this, but Colby is still living with my wife and son, I tried to take him with me but this only lead to more friction and infuriating jabs from my wife ("why so you can sodomize him again and blame it on your son you sick gently caress" etc etc).

This whole thing has just become a complete nightmare. I have tried to confront my son about denying what he did to his mom and he won't even talk to me and has just started taking the stance that I'm crazy. I guess he thought he saw a way out of all of this and decided to just throw his dad under the bus. That is probably the most hurtful part of this entire ordeal, to be honest. I'm used to having my wife be a complete bitch to me at this point but the betrayal by my son who I was only trying to help is like a knife in my heart.

That being said, I have to remind myself he is just a kid in an awkward situation, and try not to hold it against him. After all if my wife and I wind up with a divorce down the road he is going to be the only thing I love, so I am trying not to do irreparable damage to our relationship. I feel like I've done enough damage to this family. And all of this over a goddamn Labrador.

I wish I could say my priority at this time was still on Colby's safety, but I would be lying. My relationship with my family is in tatters and I don't know what to do to fix it. Obviously I would still like to see Colby rehomed as well, but I feel like I need to focus on fixing my relationship with my wife and son so my life can go back to normal.

So Reddit, I know this is kind of a unique situation but I'm sure theres got to be some of you out there who have had something similar happen to you. Any advice for a dad who is losing control?

TL;DR - My wife has decided to separate from me, and she took the dog and my son. Feel like I'm losing control of my life and it's all because I tried to help my son after he sexually abused our dog.

I am the father/Redditor who lost his family after it came to light that my son was sexually abusing our dog, Colby. I have some good news for everyone: COLBY IS SAFE. But there is still the question of what to do with my son? (self.AskReddit)

quote:

Well, I guess let's start at the beginning. I know most of you might not know my story, so here's my original 3 posts detailing what has happened with my family over the last several months.

[snip]

To put a long story short, I discovered my teenaged son had sexually abused our family dog, Colby, with a hairbrush and his fingers a few months ago. After I confronted him about it, he confessed, and promised never to do it again, and in return I agreed to keep it between him and I and not tell his mom.

A while later, I discovered my son reneged on his promise to me, and had abused the dog again. This time I felt I had to bring my wife into the matter, and when I told her, it all blew up in my face. She couldn't believe her son would do that sort of a thing, and she eventually got it into her head somehow that it must have been ME that abused the dog. A short while after telling her about these incidents, we separated, and she wound up with the dog and my son, who when confronted went back and denied that he had ever done anything to the dog, despite admitting to me that he had (and me actually catching him in the act a different time).

So the last time I updated, I had been living at a friends house while my wife and son (and Colby) stayed at the family house. My wife was somehow convinced that I was the abused of our dog and that I was blaming it on my son (which is maybe the most confusing and infuriating feeling I have ever had).

I tried calling my son for several days in hope that I could convince him to come clean and help get us on the road to fixing our family. He did not pick up nor did he ever call me back. So about 2 weeks ago I decided to show up at the house when I knew they would all be there. I knocked on the door and my wife would not answer it.

I admit I kind of lost it and started shouting and pounding on it, and she eventually came outside, where a yelling match ensued between her and I in the front yard. I finally left after she just put her hands over her ears and started yelling "dog fucker, dog fucker, dog fucker" over and over again to try to humiliate me in front of the neighborhood. As I walked back to my car fuming I looked back at the house and saw my son staring at me from the second story window with a blank look on his face. I stared at him and shook my head in disappointment, but he didn't change his expression. I have to admit, that really broke my heart & pissed me off.

So fast forward to just a couple days ago. I am at work, nearing the end of my day, when suddenly my phone rings and it's my wife. I pick it up, and she's sobbing and obviously very upset. She tells me that Colby has bitten my son, and he has gone to the hospital to get stitches. She says Colby bit him in the lower abdomen, 2 times. She doesn't know what to think. Obviously, I know exactly what happened. I could tell she finally knew I was right. Colby would NEVER bite anyone unprovoked, he is an incredibly friendly dog and has no history of biting or being aggressive at all.

When we got off the phone, I felt this rage building inside of me. I felt like it was finally time for this poo poo to end. Colby had stood up for himself against my son, who had betrayed both of us. I couldn't prove it, but I just know my son was abusing the dog again, and I felt responsible for having left him alone with Colby all of these times. It was like Colby finally lashed out in desperation after having nobody there to protect him. I felt sick to my stomach for having abandoned my dog with my kid, who obviously doesn't give a gently caress about me or any of us, as long as he can keep getting away with poo poo.

I left work and went straight to the family home. This time, my wife answered the door and let me in. I went straight to my sons room, where he was laying down watching TV. He looked at me in surprise and I told him not to talk. I basically said "I know what you did, you can deny it and you can blame me all you want, but you and I both know what happened. I am taking the dog, and if I ever find out you go near an animal like this again I will report you to the police, I don't care if you are my son. This is disgusting and unfair, and I raised you better". Obviously I said more than that, but that was the gist of it. He was extremely uncomfortable.

Then I went downstairs and out the back door to get the dog. I put a leash and Colby and walked him back through the house, and my wife stopped me and told me she was sorry. We talked for about 5 minutes, and we both got a little weepy. She asked me to forgive her, which I told her I did. She then invited me to stay at the house, to which I said no. I'm not ready for that, and Colby deserved better, I had already let him down too many times.

I left her crying in the house, and put Colby in the car. We drove back to my friends place, where I am staying. I've since been looking for a small apartment with a short term lease that accepts dogs, as I have decided that I am not going to move back in with my family. At least not in the immediate future. Colby is finally with me, and is safe, and I need time to think about what our next move should be. I know that asking my friend to house me and now a dog is pushing the bounds of his good grace, so this is what has to happen.

A lot of you have written to me asking for updates, and I apologize for not getting back to all of you. Mostly, I had no significant changes in the situation until all of this. But I thought you all deserved to know that the dog is safe.

However, I still do not know what I am going to do about my son & wife. Do you think I should report him as is? The more I think about it, the more I am sure he will probably just do this again. Colby might be safe, but I am still, despite all he's done to me, worried about my son. He is a minor, so legally I am still responsible for him. What sort of thing does one do for somebody who does this?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Thought I was in the Snox Boops thread. Oh well. Found an image to post in there if it isn't already there.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
"with a hairbrush and his fingers" how loving moronic can you possibly be

I guess a lot based on literally all of his other actions, but goddamn how does he STILL not realize that was a lie

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

:staredog:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

drat that was a bad one. :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm just glad that dad took the dog and left

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26m) girlfriend (27f) of 1 year is moving into her first “solo” place. As a housewarming present I went to Lowe’s and got her a tool set. She freaked out and called me selfish and insensitive. Is that true or is she showing me an immature side?

Lady is insane.

Number of times a cheese tray was needed in the Carpet household: 0

Number of times a pair of vise grips was needed in the Carpet household: 59302

Im a week behind but there was a follow up

Edit wow my biggest Reddit post ever by far I've never seen a three digit number on my inbox. I'm skimming through posts and I feel very validated. However I did hear from her and in the middle of this found out I'm going to be a dad...she's pregnant. She says she's been panicked over feeling sick, how I would react, she just signed a lease, her parents reaction, work, etc... And she took it all out on my gift yesterday. She's not good at apologies and I knew that but even with that I can forgive her. Sorry for not being involved in the discussion, just got some huge news in the middle of this.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Darkrenown posted:

Dogs are cool but I mean I kinda get the boyfriend's perspective, showing up with a new pet and saying they're responsible for him now is just a lovely thing to do to a person, and she sounds like a loving awful person to be around besides

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Spatial posted:

drat that was a bad one. :(

If it makes you feel better, the poster came clean that it was a creative writing exercise. There are several other posts in r/relationships, however, which werent, like the lady who was using her kids for porn. Or, at least, nobody has fessed up to making that one up to horrify the masses.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Caganer posted:

lmfao this is the best part:

Nothing can change this situation (because I unilaterally made a choice for both of us).

Also, telling a redditor they must "love" a dog could end poorly...

I think my teenage son may have sodomized our dog. I'm not sure what to do. Help me Reddit.
(self.AskReddit)

I am the father and redditor whose son sodomized our dog with a hairbrush 2 months ago. He's done it again and don't know what to do, please help
(self.AskReddit)

UPDATE - I am the father and redditor whose teenage son sodomized our family dog Colby. It's been two months since the latest incident and my family is falling apart. More inside.
(self.AskReddit)

I am the father/Redditor who lost his family after it came to light that my son was sexually abusing our dog, Colby. I have some good news for everyone: COLBY IS SAFE. But there is still the question of what to do with my son? (self.AskReddit)

i'm p. sure last time this one came up in this thread it got found out that it was all a fake story

don't correct me if i'm wrong on this btw, i'd rather live in the ignorance

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm p. sure last time this one came up in this thread it got found out that it was all a fake story

did people just go "that's fake" or did they use logic and evidence

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Caganer posted:

did people just go "that's fake" or did they use logic and evidence

you really wanna dig that deep into an anonymous dog sodomy story?

that's kind of weird when you could assume for the best and go about the rest of your life

the world outside your head would be unchanged for it and you'd have to think about dog sodomy less

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bored posted:

If it makes you feel better, the poster came clean that it was a creative writing exercise.

I guess no one but me read your post. Do you have a link for caganer?

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Brother Entropy posted:

I think the wife screaming “dog fucker” over and over was the giveaway for me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:lofty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I know the first story is a repost, but I am not sure if the update was ever posted. Hopefully people won't mind seeing it again if it was:

Bf [25 M] gave himself an enema in my [26 F] house's bathtub...am I overreacting?

quote:

I have been going out with my boyfriend, Robby, for about 8 months now. He spends about two nights a week at my place (a house with a few other people in it) and I usually spend a night a week at his apartment.

This week he was staying over, we had sex, and then he went to the bathroom. I had to go to and asked him if I could come in. He said "he was using the tub" and that I could come in if I wanted. I did and was really shocked that he was giving himself an enema. I saw that he was squatting on the edge of the tub with a tube coming out of his butt.

I'm not sure why but I like started retching at this arrangement.
I've never seen someone give themselves an enema before no less know that Robby did that...in my tub. I didn't know how to react and just left while he finished up. When he came out he tried to comfort me or whatever but it just felt gross.

This was a problem in and of itself but I was also grossed out by the bathtub, which now what his enema...stuff...in it. I asked him if he had done it before and he said that he had but he usually cleaned up or whatever. This to me seems really disrespectful. Like why would you do an enema in someone else's bathtub without asking? We argued about it and he just kept repeating that it's clean but for me it was a bigger issue than that. I wouldn't eat off of a counter someone had poo poo on even if they then cleaned up the poo poo.

Am I overreacting here? I don't really want to talk to my friends about it for obvious reasons.

tl;dr: I walked in on my bf giving himself an enema in my bathtub. Am I right to feel that this is disrespectful?

[UPDATE] Bf [25 M] gave himself an enema in my [26 F] house's bathtub...am I overreacting?

quote:

What I took away from the last thread was that he was being disrespectful but he may not have been making GBS threads in my tub or he might have a legitimate medical reason he was just embarrassed about. At the time I had just assumed he would have told me about ulcerative collitis or some such disease after we had been together for so long but it's possible I didn't know.

So I contacted him for the first time after the incident the day before yesterday. He didn't pick up his phone so I left a message explaining that what he did was disrespectful but I should have asked him if there was a medical reason, etc. Basically I didn't want to let him off the hook for his weird behavior but I let him know we could work on acceptance and improving communication. I left him a few text messages too but they were also unresponded to. It was really concerning that he wouldn't respond to this stuff and I got worried but I figured he must have had a good reason since it was the busy time of the work week for him.

Yesterday I got a long email from him that detailed his reasons for breaking up. It feels like it came totally out of the blue and I feel like such a bitch. It read:

"[OP],

I need to end our relationship for both of our goods. It's become clear that we are incompatible and I can't let us waste more time convincing ourselves otherwise.

The incident last week has shown that our communication skills and lifestyles are simply not on the same page. I'm not sure how to say it in any other way. Neither of us were in the wrong but we just can't coexist.

After this message goes out I'll block you from my devices and Facebook. This isn't because I hate you but rather because we both need time to move on and not get stuck on the past. Please don't contact me and I will try my best to contact you. Any items of mine left at your place are not worth me picking up; you can have them. I am very sure that none of your items are at my place so there should be no reason for you to come over.

I wish you the very best in your future. I'm sorry it had to end this way.

Robby"

I am a sobbing wreck right now. I feel like this is totally unprovoked. I tried my best to be understanding and communicate but I guess I just suck at it in ways I can't understand. If he's really serious about the break-up I know he's right about no-contact but I just want to hear his voice and apologize for whatever I did. Is there an obvious way that I pushed him away so quickly? I just want to understand.

tl;dr: I tried to apologize for overreacting and tell him I can work through whatever caused the enema. Bf broke up with me through email and has requested no-contact.

It's true that tub-shitters and non-tubshitters are just incompatible, I think it's a love-language thing.