Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Well.

Hope our army isn't completely behind on tech or this will go poorly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yes! Yes!

Honestly, unless Russia or Scandinavia jump in our alliance is way stronger than theirs on the ground, where it matters.

Long live the Dual Monarchy and the Sultan of Qadiz!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Have we uh... increased our army tech at all?

:ohdear:

Also are Morocco still at war in India?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Have we uh... increased our army tech at all?

:ohdear:

Also are Morocco still at war in India?

I think they started a war with some Indian minor, but they've had a 50 stack army sitting at our border for the entirety of the last update, so they've definitely got troops to spare.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Could we see the breakdown of who's fighting in which war?

Is this one war or two different wars?

(I'm asking for the Diplomacy tab's war screen)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Patter Song posted:

Two different wars:

Keep in mind that the war just started, so neither Morocco or Hannover have called their allies in yet.

Also, I know they can't get the 'Free English' casus belli, but it's mostly there for narrative purposes. They'll add more casus bellis on top of that, and the Dual Monarchy will automatically surrender England and revert to France if they lose the war.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ah, if only my father had one more life to give for Al-Andalus! How happy he would be to see this day, finally able to strike at the true foes of our nation!

We will bleed Morocco dry, and teach the savage Germans to stay on their side of the Rhine!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
:yeshaha:

While it's not super likely, it'd be nice if we could knock Morocco down a peg and retake some land from them.

Patter Song posted:

We got two calls to arms so it's definitely two wars. Not sure about who's in what though.

e; drat, beaten

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Hashim posted:

Keep in mind that the war just started, so neither Morocco or Hannover have called their allies in yet.
:stonklol:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This is very winnable for Dual Monarchy...the issue is that Al-Andalus is going to be Morocco's chew-toy for a few years until Dual Monarchy knocks Hannover out and sends its forces south. This isn't a good situation...Hashim should probably just hide whatever army we have in Galicia and wait for a while until the situation in Germany clears up and Dual Monarchy's ready to intervene down south. Our troops will be at a massive tech and numerical disadvantage vs the Moroccans, so engagement with them isn't suggested. We could probably slaughter the Castillian army easily enough, but it'd put us dangerously vulnerable to a Moroccan army just marching north and slaughtering our people.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Those cowardly Moroccans and their :airquote:weapon's tech:airquote:. Will never defeat our FIGHTING SPIRIT. :black101:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Patter Song posted:

Hashim should probably just hide whatever army we have in Galicia and wait for a while

I'm not gonna suicide my armies, but there's no chance I'm letting Qadis fall without making them fight for it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
It depends how big Morocco's gap is. We have all the level 1 Army techs, and Level 3 just opened up in 1850 so they presumably don't have any of those yet. Which Level 2 techs they researched is pretty significant, but the tech gap alone isn't insurmountable. It's that they're going to outnumber and out tech us.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I say bring the fight to Leon-Castile to help kick Hanover out of the war quicker.

And I don't know if we can press claim on defensive wars, but we totally should take as much of Leon-Castile as we can.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 8, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I say bring the fight to Leon-Castile to help kick Hanover out of the war quicker.

And I don't know if we can press claim on defensive wars, but we totally should take as much of Leon-Castile as we can.

As long as we're winning and have enough jingoism, we can take back our cores in a defensive war.

The real question is will France give it to us.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

We can totally make that claim if we have positive warscore, but Dual Monarchy will negotiate the final peace deal...

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

lol. gj moderates.

In terms of the official narrative, what does "free the English" mean for Morocco and Hanover? Is that bringing the Butlers back over from Gharbia? Is it installing a relative to serve as King of England? Are they elevating a local noble family?

I'm assuming the English will have no role in deciding their fate.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hashim posted:

Two different wars:

Also, I know they can't get the 'Free English' casus belli, but it's mostly there for narrative purposes. They'll add more casus bellis on top of that, and the Dual Monarchy will automatically surrender England and revert to France if they lose the war.

Who are Morocco's and Hannover's allies?

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If nothing else we might be able to take back Moroccan Cartagena if things go our way.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

QuoProQuid posted:

lol. gj moderates.

In terms of the official narrative, what does "free the English" mean for Morocco and Hanover? Is that bringing the Butlers back over from Gharbia? Is it installing a relative to serve as King of England? Are they elevating a local noble family?

Perhaps some Hanoverian puppet King from some minor House, like the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. :barf:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Randarkman posted:

Who are Morocco's and Hannover's allies?

Morocco's great power ally is the Celtic Union, and I think they've also got Armenia and a couple smaller states. Hannover have basically all of north Germany as allies, with the exception of Rhine Confederacy. Not gonna reveal who their GP ally is though.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hashim posted:

Morocco's great power ally is the Celtic Union, and I think they've also got Armenia and a couple smaller states. Hannover have basically all of north Germany as allies, with the exception of Rhine Confederacy. Not gonna reveal who their GP ally is though.

Oh God is it Russia? :ohdear:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

Hannover will want to install a cadet branch or junior member of their dynasty, Morocco would be in favour of putting a Butler on the throne (it wouldn't reunite old england and new england though)

hashashash fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 8, 2018

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

As reactionaries solidify their power and stamp out dissent, Ibriz, Poland, and Japan are seemingly the last bastions of republican ideals.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Perhaps some Hanoverian puppet King from some minor House, like the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. :barf:

to be ruled by such an obscure and ignoble german dynasty would truly be a humiliation to the english

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 8, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What is the point of this "wait for our chance" approach if we neither prepare for that chance by researching miltech and recruitment, nor take it when it comes, when our enemy is fighting on the other side of the planet.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Rodyle posted:

What is the point of this "wait for our chance" approach if we neither prepare for that chance by researching miltech and recruitment, nor take it when it comes, when our enemy is fighting on the other side of the planet.

We don't have any goggles that allow us to look into the future, and the policy we set will be followed regardless of other developments.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

As per usual, Al-Andalus is screwed if we stay in the middle and screwed if we went to the extremes.

We should have just gone to the extremes.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

As per usual, Al-Andalus is screwed if we stay in the middle and screwed if we went to the extremes.

We should have just gone to the extremes.

Trains are an extreme political position. Give goons the option of going trains in a paradox LP and they'll all trip over themselves going to the voting booths.

Hashim posted:

It's Ibriz right? Let the chickens come home to loving roost.

I'd take being made a Moroccan general or admiral or something, in light of the Moroccan saboteur comment

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 8, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Time to put Andalusi boots on our rightful Leonian and Qattaluni provinces.

rarx
Jun 8, 2018
Aw gee, did the Royalists turn out right, we should have fought the Moroccans already?

This is beautiful.

rarx fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 8, 2018

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fighting during the Springtime of Nations is a bad idea in general and regardless of how this war goes we've presumably set up our economy to thrive at the mid 1800s come around, so I'm not worried too much about this war. It's highly unlikely that Morocco will be able to press any claims against us personally unless they overwhelmingly defeat Francengland, so as long as our soldier POPs don't get decimated we should be fine no matter what.

Besides, a bit of bad war is exactly the justification we need for some good ol military authoritarianism to take hold and take advantage of our economic advancements :getin:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Rodyle posted:

Industry and culture techs basically make all aspects of your economy stronger, including education (=tech) and population (correlates to manpower), and you get better results by researching them now, rather than later. Since we were, for good reason, not planning to start a war any time soon focusing on improving the economy made sense.

Also going full reactionary in the springtime of nations events probably would have been bad.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Randarkman posted:

I'd take being made a Moroccan general or admiral or something, in light of the Moroccan saboteur comment

Sure, just give me a vaguely Arabic- or Berber-sounding name.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hashim posted:

Sure, just give me a vaguely Arabic- or Berber-sounding name.

Sure!

Randar al-Ahman

that work? it's a bit :effort: but the best I could come up with without delving into the deeps of behindethename or CK2's cultures.txt

e: Here's to leading an army to ignominious defeat against al-Andalus. Or conquering Cadiz and razing it to the ground. However it goes.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 8, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

How is my guy Ibn Bibil? Still leading something or the other?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I don't need any confirmation, Uthman al-Houd will lead our nation to glorious victory against the decadent Maghrebs and their Madhist traitor-generals.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We should have gone with Reactionaries. Then we would be prepared for this :negative:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

loving Modernizers Moderates!

Also, Andalusi hats are going to be the best, the capitalists will ensure that apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

If we'd went Reactionary we would have almost definitely burned our Soldier pops down to nothing in a combination of invading a neighbor and also a much worse Springtime of Nations. Nowhere near worth the, like, two or three military techs they would have gotten us. The next few years are gonna loving suck but we can comfort ourselves with all our new trains and prestige. Moroccan invasion is a short-term problem that'll go away one way or another by next update. Trains are forever.

I like trains.