Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

this game you are playing rules

Yeah, it's not perfect but I enjoy it a lot and it's a hidden gem imo. I feel bad for the dev because he put a lot of work into it and it's a loveletter to this old game called Phantis/Game Over 2 which this game is basically a fan remake of (I'm guessing the original is abandonware) and the dev made a couple of mistakes in marketing like using the troll face in his trailer for the game or deciding to do an early exclusivity deal or something like that with the ouya.

I'm not good at speedrunning or playing games but Ultionus is relatively slowpaced due to being based on an old horny spanish pc game so it's nice not having to worry about optimizing my movement much or perform any particularly difficult glitches like some other games require.

https://www.speedrun.com/Ultionus_A_Tale_of_Petty_Revenge/run/z031w24z

I appreciate any of you that stopped by, I'm sorry I didn't have my mic on but I didn't wanna wake up KCB. I didn't get the sub 17 I was aiming for, but 17:06 is still better than my old record of 17:10 or whatever it was, and I'm excited that I got to break my old record and that I did so well on the lava stage in that run :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

doingitwrong posted:

The mobile app is worse. I’m logged in but sometimes going to tap on the PSplus icon brings me to a webpage that’s trying to sell me the service (I have the service, jerks) and generally the whole thing is very confusing and can’t decide if it’s an app or a lovely web browser.

They also split out its functionality into a whole family of separate apps for no reason, including stuff you'd actually want to use like messaging.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't play Fortnite nor do I have any desire to play it, but I love when game companies do real life things like this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/fortnites-missing-durr-burger-sign-found-in-actual-desert

https://twitter.com/selashiloni/status/1015261416024993792

See also things like Gorehowl being impaled on a taxi cab in New York. I'm sure there's other ones I can't think of

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
PS3 is worse in that it's the same store but is very laggy and randomly crashes

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Raxivace posted:

The Yiga Hideout in Breath of the Wild isn't the worst stealth section I've ever seen in a game, but man its trying hard to be.

It wouldn't be a Zelda game without an awful stealth section. I'm glad I beat the bird robot dungeon before that area.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Convex posted:

Yeah im waiting on the ps3 to sunset and hopefully see a whole psn do over but im prepared to be disappointed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

glam rock hamhock posted:

Nintendo's NitW ripoff looking good so far.

bowser rulz ok

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's my fav rocky horror song

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I think a better question is how wouldn't I use a gay ray

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would shove it my mouth and pull the drat trigger

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6XksdotX8

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Convex posted:

The PS3 store used to be bad but functional but then they somehow made it worse. I think it doesn't clear the memory properly or something, if you browse around enough pages that's when it usually starts to slow and possibly crash.

Also the worst method of text entry in a search bar.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My brother is doing White Palace in Hollow Knight.

All I've heard for the past two hours is him yelling in frustration.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Internet Kraken posted:

My brother is doing White Palace in Hollow Knight.

All I've heard for the past two hours is him yelling in frustration.

Path of Pain really ramps poo poo up and is head and shoulders above the next most difficult sections in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got eaten by the T. rex in Dino Crisis

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When did they stop putting dinosaurs in video games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

When did they stop putting dinosaurs in video games

Never?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I got gamepass on my PC and had a lot of fun playing Sea of Thieves with my Xbox friends. Also, really enjoying Gears 4 Horde mode. I'm glad my gaming PC let's me reunite with my estranged Xbox Live fam.

What should I make/buy for dinner? I'm willing to spend $25.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hit game Six Ages came out like two weeks ago and has dinosaurs in it

Not as many as King of Dragon Pass did, but they're there

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

They ain't in Tekken no more and that's a drat shame.

That second season pass for Tekken 7 better have some sort of dinosaur fighter in it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dinos are cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also birds are in lots of games and birds are dinosaurs

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If only there was a game about some kind of a...Dinosaur Planet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do we consider dragons to be dinosaurs?

If not, at what point does a dinosaur stop being a dinosaur and become a dragon, and vice versa

Flintstones Souls When

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

PETA said no dinosaurs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragons are giant fire breathing cats. Dinosaurs are giant ferocious birds. They're very different.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Raxivace posted:

If only there was a game about some kind of a...Dinosaur Planet.

Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm explaining to a room full of people what a "Dinosaur Planet" is and what a half-naked blue fox has to do with an ecosystem consisting of said dinosaurs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm explaining to a room full of people what a "Dinosaur Planet" is and what a half-naked blue fox has to do with an ecosystem consisting of said dinosaurs.

Cavo ix... vadtj u nu0.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

That second season pass for Tekken 7 better have some sort of dinosaur fighter in it.

maybe gon would be in tekken 7 if he got a sequel to his manga

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Also birds are in lots of games and birds are dinosaurs

Everyone, do not accept the false narrative this person is peddling.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Everyone, do not accept the false narrative this person is peddling.

Lol if you think birds=dinosaurs diminished dinosaurs rather than elevating birds

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No, really, from software when will you make cavepunk souls

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just want to know why the gently caress they thought poison swamps were ever supposed to be fun.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

poison swamps are fun don't @ me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You think the swamp is toxic, try the PVP........

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

You think the swamp is toxic, try the PVP........
Reminds me of that one Tumblr that was just reposting death threats a guy got from beating people at PVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu9YlF0QAFg

• Locked thread