Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BigRed0427 posted:

If we don't get a Sisters of Battle stat book for Kill team, I'm just gonna make female space marines. gently caress You, you can't stop me.

Just be careful around this thread. Last time I suggested that I got jumped on (and given this avatar for some reason).

Though I'm sure there are some good heads out there. I wish Victoria Lamb made a kit... most of her work is in Imperial Guard scale, so might look a little small on space marine bodies.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

That'll give you a raging hero if you know what I mean ha ha ha

gently caress I hate the internet.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Great now I'm getting Facebook ads for them again, fml

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

LordAba posted:

Just be careful around this thread. Last time I suggested that I got jumped on (and given this avatar for some reason).

Though I'm sure there are some good heads out there. I wish Victoria Lamb made a kit... most of her work is in Imperial Guard scale, so might look a little small on space marine bodies.

For some reason.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

LordAba posted:

:reddit:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Hey, at least those people are supporting the forums, so its not all bad!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

For some reason.

I know, right! Suggest some ways of getting female marine models / background in the fluff and a bunch of idiots jump on you. People wonder why the 40k community is such a bad place... and then you see models like the Raging Hero line and UGG.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

LordAba posted:

^^^ Hey, at least those people are supporting the forums, so its not all bad!

I know, right! Suggest some ways of getting female marine models / background in the fluff and a bunch of idiots jump on you. People wonder why the 40k community is such a bad place... and then you see models like the Raging Hero line and UGG.

Chin up, at least they only gave you an avatar based on your being creepy about female marines, instead of your being creepy about Nazism in the hobby.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Chin up, at least they only gave you an avatar based on your being creepy about female marines, instead of your being creepy about Nazism in the hobby.

I guess "let's make update kits to the normal space marine squads to represent female marines that don't look like Dr Thunder marines" and "don't punch nazis when the left has been defining things like Trump as nazi" are being creepy?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

I guess "let's make update kits to the normal space marine squads to represent female marines that don't look like Dr Thunder marines" and "don't punch nazis when the left has been defining things like Trump as nazi" are being creepy?

Quoting this just to make sure you can’t backpedal because holy poo poo is this a gross thing to complain about when at this very moment the US is separating children from their parents and putting both groups into what can only be called concentration camps.

So, when I say this understand that I mean it. gently caress off, you aren’t welcome here.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 8, 2018

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

LordAba posted:

If it loving walks like a loving duck...

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Pendent posted:

So, when I say this understand that I mean it. gently caress off, you aren’t welcome here.

:emptyquote:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Pendent posted:

Quoting this just to make sure you can’t backpedal because holy poo poo is this a gross thing to complain about when at this very moment the US is separating children from their parents and putting both groups into what can only be called concentration camps.

I'm gonna add on to this and say if LordAba posts in the AoS thread they can gently caress off because they're gross and not wanted. gently caress off you creepy shithead.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

She's got bare feet.

I love sexy feet, and I have not slain orks on a far away planet, but I imagine sword fighting on lava is pretty tough in bare feet.

1/10 would not buy.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
They’re some impressive sculpts to be sure, but I’m not sure they work as a Sisters of Battle analogue. They don’t seem to have many actual guns, for one thing, let alone flamers or meltas. They look more like Sisters of Silence with that armor.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a hot take: even if a company makes one or two good models but the rest of their stuff is wankbait for thirsty nerds, don't support that company.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
If you are considering spreading the violence from Nazis to "similar to Nazis"; why not look at the conservatives in the UK whose policies on benefit sanctions are eugenics-lite. Their policies have the natural consequence of causing the deaths of and degrade the quality of life for many of the most vulnerable in British society.

Still, violence is not the answer unless it flows from the state and follows due process.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pendent posted:

It's not a good solution, but likening them to concentration camps is jumping the shark. At least call it what it is: jailing I don't agree with. Unless you can post some info that says the living conditions of these people are subhuman or they are being detained for no reason (even if you don't agree with being arrested for illegal entry, doesn't mean it isn't a reason).
Ironically the fact that children are separated from their children isn't even a Trump thing. It's just he is enforcing it with zero tolerance, meaning that parents are being prosecuted for crimes. This unfortunately was legislated to mean separation of child and parent.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

So, contact your local representatives and put pressure on judges to allow families to stay together during prosecution. Make sure they are following the detain times, or pressure people to change them. Even if you don't agree with the deportation, burying your head in the sand to the laws already on the book and saying "my nazis" isn't going to change anything. This was only a matter of time, and there were plenty of times where is could have been changed. Be active in your government, or risk being reactive.

At least get the newspapers to stop taking pictures of kids that aren't even being detained / separated and making them poster-children of this movement. There are at least two cases of this, the most infamous being the Times cover. No wonder people don't trust the media.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

LordAba posted:

It's not a good solution, but likening them to concentration camps is jumping the shark. At least call it what it is: jailing I don't agree with. Unless you can post some info that says the living conditions of these people are subhuman or they are being detained for no reason (even if you don't agree with being arrested for illegal entry, doesn't mean it isn't a reason).
Ironically the fact that children are separated from their children isn't even a Trump thing. It's just he is enforcing it with zero tolerance, meaning that parents are being prosecuted for crimes. This unfortunately was legislated to mean separation of child and parent.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

So, contact your local representatives and put pressure on judges to allow families to stay together during prosecution. Make sure they are following the detain times, or pressure people to change them. Even if you don't agree with the deportation, burying your head in the sand to the laws already on the book and saying "my nazis" isn't going to change anything. This was only a matter of time, and there were plenty of times where is could have been changed. Be active in your government, or risk being reactive.

At least get the newspapers to stop taking pictures of kids that aren't even being detained / separated and making them poster-children of this movement. There are at least two cases of this, the most infamous being the Times cover. No wonder people don't trust the media.

shut up

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
There ought to be some kind of happy medium between battle sluts and the tactical combat burqa, but it's not gonna happen as long a it's defined by men.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

LordAba posted:

Sir, this is an Adeptus Mechanicus charging station.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

Remember how you aren’t welcome here? I’m not going to debate or even read your lovely opinions, I’m just going to tell you to gently caress off.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I don't know the wording of the GSC spells, but I'd guess so.

The cults Mind Control ability wording is “pick and enemy unit” :devil:..... oh this will be fun

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Pendent posted:

Remember how you aren’t welcome here? I’m not going to debate or even read your lovely opinions, I’m just going to tell you to gently caress off.

Yeah, this.

Also, putting small children in jail and not allowing them to see their parents or be physically comforted at all (i.e. staff can't even hug a crying child who doesn't understand where their parents are and is understandably distressed) is most definitely subhuman conditions, you loving monster.

Get the gently caress out.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skails posted:

There ought to be some kind of happy medium between battle sluts and the tactical combat burqa, but it's not gonna happen as long a it's defined by men.

I dunno about that. Some of the best models I've seen where designed / sculpted by the opposite gender. Granted, I think GW design team has had the same players in it for a long time. I doubt anyone would complain about new blood helping in either the rules or models.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

LordAba posted:

Eat poo poo

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Ropes4u posted:

I love sexy feet, and I have not slain orks on a far away planet, but I imagine sword fighting on lava is pretty tough in bare feet.

1/10 would not buy.

Auuuugh! My gargoyle! My gargoyle is red hot! Brother Dominic you ratling! You weren't using the forgeworld to make weapons! You were heating my footrest up to give me the ol' spicy gargoyle!

How could you give your own sister the spicy gargoyle Brother Dominic?!
\

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Shut up and gently caress off. And take your Fash apologia with you.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

LordAba posted:

There's no way it was over female space marines per se. Female space marines pisses off a particular subset of gamers that this thread actively tries to troll out of the hobby. By troll out of the hobby I of course mean expect reasonable human behaviour and crap on anything below that.

If it was female space marines with boob plate, then the problem was boob plate.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I don't know what your deal is, but I've already said I've picked and chosen and disdained what I consider to be the poor taste stuff, but if you think:

I don't think there's any consensus we can come to. If you hate Raging Heroes or third party models as a whole, that's your prerogative.

Some of those models would work beautifully in Kill Team. And others are aimed at a particular subset of gamers who are the worst party of the hobby (see above).

As to why you're getting shat on for posting something moderately useful: this thread keeps its teeth sharp. There'll be two minutes of hate whether there's something worth hating on or not. Some of those models deserve hate but apparently that's not enough.

This works out well for Lowtax though. Malal bless his spine.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

There's no way it was over female space marines per se. Female space marines pisses off a particular subset of gamers that this thread actively tries to troll out of the hobby. By troll out of the hobby I of course mean expect reasonable human behaviour and crap on anything below that.

If it was female space marines with boob plate, then the problem was boob plate.

Some of those models would work beautifully in Kill Team. And others are aimed at a particular subset of gamers who are the worst party of the hobby (see above).

As to why you're getting shat on for posting something moderately useful: this thread keeps its teeth sharp. There'll be two minutes of hate whether there's something worth hating on or not. Some of those models deserve hate but apparently that's not enough.

This works out well for Lowtax though. Malal bless his spine.

No, we aren’t going to forget about him being terrible. He’s doubling down with fascist apologia which is not something we have a tolerance for.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LordAba posted:

Unless you can post some info that says the living conditions of these people are subhuman or they are being detained for no reason (even if you don't agree with being arrested for illegal entry, doesn't mean it isn't a reason).

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains-documents-showing-widespread-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custody

gently caress off. Forever.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

can u do the dutiful or does it need to be the mod of this subforum?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

can u do the dutiful or does it need to be the mod of this subforum?

It has to be a mod of this subforum. I can submit an admin request.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
:yeah:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Cross-posting babby's first space marine/40k model. It begins!

Mikey Purp posted:

First intercessor done! Took me about 5 hours, which isn't too bad I guess. It does make this dark imperium box seem like a loooong journey though.

Still needs a base, but I think I'll do the whole squad first and then base them all at once.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I see someone else just contributed to keep this dead gay forum running for a bit longer. :allears:

Hey, if we keep LordAba around, maybe that can fund this forum for ever! :v:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mikey Purp posted:

I said if there and I’ll say it here- that’s better than what I’ve been putting out and I’ve been doing this for a bit. You did some great work.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mikey Purp posted:

Looking sharp! Too bad there aren't primaris marines with jump packs (unless you could the chunky bois).

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Skails posted:

Have you seen some of the new Stormcast models for AoS? They aren't perfect but GW is learning.

:wtc:

Mikey Purp posted:

Hell of a lot better than my first marine and better than what I do now. Welcome to the money pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Maneck posted:

Naw, I specifically said I didn't want to see Dr Thunder-esque models. With the thickness that space marine armour is in, plus looking at references to real world armor, boob plate is kinda ridiculous. The trick at miniatures scale is to make a woman look like a woman without relying on emphasizing certain "areas".
I kind of like it for Sister of Battle because it isn't used in a titillating way and makes them distinct from Space Marines. The Raging Heroes minis obviously use it in a different way...

Thanks for the source. The FOIA continues to be one of the most important acts in modern history.