Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mustached Demon posted:

Shut up and make my science equipment. I have more important things to worry about.

I got bomb calorimeters for ya. They're fuckin dank. Bombest calorimeters around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Volkerball posted:

I got bomb calorimeters for ya. They're fuckin dank. Bombest calorimeters around

I love me some dank bomb calorimeters.

Need to know heats of combustion for... Reasons.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i have a curse where every time i put in a volunteer application for a place and ask to work with animals, they go "no you can't work with the animals but you know what you'd be really good with? CHILDREN"

it's called being female

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

avshalemon posted:

i have a curse where every time i put in a volunteer application for a place and ask to work with animals, they go "no you can't work with the animals but you know what you'd be really good with? CHILDREN"

it's called being female

Submit a piece of your original fiction with each application and that problem should clear right up

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

avshalemon posted:

it's called being female

see if you can split the difference and feed the children to the animals

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Pirate Radar posted:

Submit a piece of your original fiction with each application and that problem should clear right up
they probably still wouldn't let me near the animals though

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Wear a keet

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/us-stuns-world-health-officials-by-opposing-breastfeeding

jesus man

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

No joke I came across a young woman (mid twnties-ish) in the arboretum today with a pet keep on a tiny little bird harness and it followed her everywhere making funny noises.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

nestle, abbott labs, et al paid good money to make sure people in developing nations without access to clean water have to use their product

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/1016156604410970113

Twerk Technician is my new goto for "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This burger joint’s bathroom has a sign up reminding people that the rubbing alcohol is for cleaning the toilet seat, not for drinking

The decor is entirely of the “big titty samurai lady” genre

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pirate Radar posted:

This burger joint’s bathroom has a sign up reminding people that the rubbing alcohol is for cleaning the toilet seat, not for drinking

The decor is entirely of the “big titty samurai lady” genre

sounds like my kind of place

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
went on strike to-day

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

exmarx posted:

went on strike to-day

*Raised fist*

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
there was a brass band that played bella ciao, which seemed a bit much given the white collar context

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

No joke I came across a young woman (mid twnties-ish) in the arboretum today with a pet keep on a tiny little bird harness and it followed her everywhere making funny noises.
:3: was it a keet or a peachick? they look very similar as children, but i can't imagine a keet being able to be harness-trained, while peacocks are actually pretty intelligent and trainable

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
How does "national liberalism" work?
National socialiasm is p. obvious, if you think your fellow [ethnic_group]ians have inherent value, it's a no brainer to want to help them out and have them cooperate as much as you can. But if you do, why would you gently caress them over with liberalism?
Is it more like "accidentally racist liberalism" in that instead of liking their fellow [ethnic_group] they just hate all the poors and the poors just happen to be disproportionately foreign in Weatern countries?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

im glad volkerball is no longer stuck making ar-15 parts

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
:rip: British Trump lookalike Boris Johnson

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Randler posted:

:rip: British Trump lookalike Boris Johnson

Thought about brexit and died.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
leadership challenge time then #moggmentum

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

avshalemon posted:

it's called being female

abolish men

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
prime minister boris when

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

after farage

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

avshalemon posted:

:3: was it a keet or a peachick? they look very similar as children, but i can't imagine a keet being able to be harness-trained, while peacocks are actually pretty intelligent and trainable

This is still Canada so definitely not a peacock. Too fat and coloured to be a pigeon or dove. Too small to be a parrot. Honestly it looked like a northern bobwhite.

My brother called over his son and said "Look, she has a pet Pidgey" and that basically made his day since he is super into Pokemon right now.

e: Looked a lot like this but with more white:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 9, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

ive asked this myself

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i dunno if bojo or gove would be more hilarious as PM

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i dunno if bojo or gove would be more hilarious as PM

Gove would prolly be PM for like a month and a half before a snap election

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gove looks like post-surgery roger ebert

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NugLO3q-6o4

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

This is still Canada so definitely not a peacock. Too fat and coloured to be a pigeon or dove. Too small to be a parrot. Honestly it looked like a northern bobwhite.

My brother called over his son and said "Look, she has a pet Pidgey" and that basically made his day since he is super into Pokemon right now.

e: Looked a lot like this but with more white:

how mysterious and cute!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx posted:

https://twitter.com/canderaid/status/1016345649871183872

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
rees-mogg is genuinely probably the worst option

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
#moggmentum

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It feels like the UK and the USA are competing for worst western nation on a daily basis at this point.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

It feels like the UK and the USA are competing for worst western nation on a daily basis at this point.
:australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the apartment i'm applying for made a big deal about how i needed to quickly turn around my application and then proceeded to send me the wrong documents

• Locked thread