Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ephphatha posted:

The portable puzzle collection is my go to for offline play. A bunch of different puzzles, free, no internet connection required.

Kudos for this recommendation; been playing Flood ever since I downloaded it.

It's just so addictive :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, not gonna lie, that looks just hilarious enough to make me wanna play it.

Needs more boobs on my tiramitsu

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Sorry but I can't finish unless the steak fucks the milk.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Thread title

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
The dual language VAs is an interesting choice. Don't think I've see any games do that, let alone a mobile gacha game. Premise does sound awesome, here's hoping it delivers! (Cause I'm not ordering in :downsrim:)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Morpheus posted:

But where do the jelly beans fit in?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Android Gaming: However, Evil Could Not Be Obtained

Also, Noctis is the voice of Boston Lobster.

JARATE CURES SPIES
Mar 25, 2013

I would just like to echo what other Jurassic World goons have said before: velociraptors are OP as fuuuuuck

Doesn't help that every other team seems to have them. I refuse to use velocis. Erlikosaurus is real, and strong, and he's my friend. :colbert:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

YES CURES SINNERS posted:

I would just like to echo what other Jurassic World goons have said before: velociraptors are OP as fuuuuuck

Doesn't help that every other team seems to have them. I refuse to use velocis. Erlikosaurus is real, and strong, and he's my friend. :colbert:

I have 5 different raptors in my team. Yesssss all bow before team raptor.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's the hot Japanese gacha time/money-sink these days? I need something new.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 6, 2018

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Dungeon Maker. It has gacha like unlock system but in a single player game which means you can actually unlock everything without paying. It should be getting a new update soonish.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just bought King of Dragon Pass, but it keeps saying Index File Not Found, when downloading data from in-game. Refunded but I want it to work :negative:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

YES CURES SINNERS posted:

Absolutely, Erlikosaurus is one of my goto antiraptors. That said im using Velociraptor, Pyroraptor, Tanyaosaurus and Utahraptor in my team just now as well. Im part of the problem. Upto 2700 now though.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Been bouncing around 2300-2400 a while, this is my dinoteam. I haven't done any research into how people actually set up teams, but this has done well for me.

Generalist
13 Velociraptor - you gotta though

14 Einiasuchus - Ferocious Strike (+50% dmg for 3 turns) into Stunning Impact (33% stun, 1.5x dmg) will ruin just about anything that comes in front of you. Minimal Stunning Strike is a really good base attack, as it can sometimes score you a free turn. Hybrid of Einiosaurus/Nundasuchus.

Armorbreakers - Have fun with Anklysaurus without a way to break armor. Note that Shieldbreakers will break the Instant Invuln shield
13 T. Rex - The Big Boy. Redic damage, gives no shits.

11 Baryonyx - Ready To Crush (dmg +50%/Crit +30% for 3 turns, 0dmg) with Defense Shattering Rampage (sheildbreak, 2x dmg) is absolute murder. Be careful when you take him out, though. If he goes second, he's dead. Don't manually swap him in, he needs to start on equal footing.

Runners - Impact and Run is one of my favorite abilities. A well timed I&R can basically give you an extra life in combat.
11 Ouranosaurus - My new darling. While not as versatile as Moloch (see below), Greater Stunning Rampage (75% stun, 2x dmg) and I&R out is a hell of a combo.

11 Stygimoloch - Ever since getting my Ourano, Moloch has fallen a bit out of favor for me, but he's still super solid. Minor Stunning Strike and Instant Charge make him really annoying to deal with.

Antiraptor
10 Amargasaurus - My lowest, but still eats raptors for lunch. He's got two slows, both doing 1.5x dmg. Silly amount of health, 2.5k at level 10.

11 Stegoceratops - My newest baby boy. Basically a strictly better Triceratops. Two stuns, and a slow make him basically a generalist, but he beats up raptors real good. Horrifyingly ugly hybrid of Stegosaurus/Triceratops

Other dinos of note:
Regular rear end Stegosaurus is great anti-raptor tech. They don't live through the Thago/bite combo.
Dimetrodon is a bit squishy but a good armorbreaker, especially since its status-immune.
I really want to like Majundasuchus but he's so squishy. He's really awful and its sad.
Edmontosaurus is another really good Runner.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Regular Stegosaurus is really solid, saw me into 2500. I've replaced him with the Stegceratops but maybe bring him back once he gets to 15. I got the Pyroraptor from the last event so not used him that much, and got a Posimetrdon (sp?). Sidelined T-Rex in favour of Tanyacolagreus though, so running 4 Epics, 2 common and 2 rare dinos in my team just now.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 6, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Anyone else play Girls Frontline? Desperately need friends when first starting to cheese the story missions.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Shwqa posted:

Dungeon Maker. It has gacha like unlock system but in a single player game which means you can actually unlock everything without paying. It should be getting a new update soonish.

Wow, holy crap. Spent the 3 survey bux and I'm super pleased. It clearly borrows VERY heavily from Slay the Spire, but manages to do its own thing enough to create an actual game.

Like it's got the same branching paths, roguelike game sessions, after-battle rewards, rest sites with the upgrade option, events and shops, relics and elites. On the other hand the dungeon design, monster/room levelling and gacha unlocks and character leveling give it enough of its own style to raise it above a cheap cash-in carbon copy.

Really highly recommend this for anyone who has enjoyed Slay the Spire or is into rogue-lites with persistent upgrades.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Washout posted:

Anyone else play Girls Frontline? Desperately need friends when first starting to cheese the story missions.

Got a thread for it too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848572

I'll toss you an invite in a second. My echelons should help.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Wow, holy crap. Spent the 3 survey bux and I'm super pleased. It clearly borrows VERY heavily from Slay the Spire, but manages to do its own thing enough to create an actual game.

Like it's got the same branching paths, roguelike game sessions, after-battle rewards, rest sites with the upgrade option, events and shops, relics and elites. On the other hand the dungeon design, monster/room levelling and gacha unlocks and character leveling give it enough of its own style to raise it above a cheap cash-in carbon copy.

Really highly recommend this for anyone who has enjoyed Slay the Spire or is into rogue-lites with persistent upgrades.

Here is the thread if you want it. It is a bit dead right now but there are people there to answer questions if you got them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859554&pagenumber=9&perpage=40

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Dino team

I'm running the following team because gotta go fast

Velociraptor 14
Tyrannosaurus Rex 12
Allosaurus 12
Pyroraptor 11
Blue 11
Stygimoloch 11
Delta 6
Charlie 6

I might swap out the Allosaurus for a stegosaurus though.

JARATE CURES SPIES
Mar 25, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Absolutely, Erlikosaurus is one of my goto antiraptors. That said im using Velociraptor, Pyroraptor, Tanyaosaurus and Utahraptor in my team just now as well. Im part of the problem. Upto 2700 now though.

...poo poo, you got me. :ohdear: I forgot I have Pyroraptor as well.

None can escape the necessity of raptors.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

New Leaf posted:

Knights chronicle

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Might and Magic Elemental Guardians is another great new one. King's Raid another good one, but not new.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yeah, if you like turn-based pokemon-like battling systems, I think that M&M Elemental Guardians is the best one that has been made. We have a small but active group of goons playing at the moment. And it's not anime. But whether that is a pro or a con will depend on your own inclinations...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Rates on MaM kind of suck, but its a fun Summoners War-like

Been looking for something to kill time until SMT Liberation launches so I'll give Girls Frontline a whirl

Giants War is also a decent gacha game. Its got a pretty robust autoing system and its pretty loose with free gems; probably the first gacha style game i havent really felt a need to toss money into

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just bought King of Dragon Pass, but it keeps saying Index File Not Found, when downloading data from in-game. Refunded but I want it to work :negative:

Just saw this! When I updated to my current Huawei P9, it couldn't play KODP. I sent them an email about it and they gave me a steam key to replace it since it was an issue that they couldn't solve anytime soon. They were quick with it too, like Yeah just this one brand of phone (chip set) doesn't support our game so hopefully you can enjoy it on pc.

I know it's not the perfect fix but might be worth a shot if you just wanna play it and don't have another copy.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Their other game Dungeon Defense isn't too bad either. There is a loving ton of things to unlock and upgrade. Bunch of monsters who specialize slightly in different skill sets. Research for extra techs. Unlock more monsters. Unlock more accessories. Unlock passive dungeon buffs. Unlock prestige trees for every single monster. Awaken monsters to gain more unique skills. Unlock auto-play features. Don't forget the challenge dungeons either. Then level alllllll~ of it. Oh, and there's about a half-dozen difficulty levels that give more rewards as they go upward. :aaaaa:

My only real gripe with the grind, is that you have to do at least 100 levels to earn a decent amount of currency or XP. It's got the same microtransaction system that will let you buy bits of all the various unlocks.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

boy are my arms tired posted:

Rates on MaM kind of suck, but its a fun Summoners War-like

Yeah, it doesn't really improve much on the rates from summoners war. They are the same with the exception of MMEG having a 0.6% to get the highest nat rarity, while summoners war is 0.5%. Not much of an improvement. The main improvement with respect to summon rates is the absence of light and dark monsters and their absolutely abysmal summon rates.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Artelier posted:

Just saw this! When I updated to my current Huawei P9, it couldn't play KODP. I sent them an email about it and they gave me a steam key to replace it since it was an issue that they couldn't solve anytime soon. They were quick with it too, like Yeah just this one brand of phone (chip set) doesn't support our game so hopefully you can enjoy it on pc.

I know it's not the perfect fix but might be worth a shot if you just wanna play it and don't have another copy.

I purchased a Huawei mediapad m5 tablet and it wouldn't let me install KoDP on it. So I purchased it on the humble store, installed the Apk and it works perfectly.

It might be another solution

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Dungeon Defense was a boring slog and didn't get fun. Luckily it was free for a while but I did not enjoy it, and I put a ton of time into other gatchas and dull Skinner boxes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it takes way too long for you to get upgrades

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Dungeon Defense again ... I can't complain about the price/time spent ratio but have to agree that it becomes a grind too quickly. Also the skills seem pretty shallow, like with the vampire character it seems there's not a reason to do anything but spam the cheapest skill with how it stacks (and especially once you unlock auto-skill).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just realized the paid version of RCT is the full version of 1 and 2 and not another lovely mobile thing.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I just realized the paid version of RCT is the full version of 1 and 2 and not another lovely mobile thing.

The IAPs are also the expansions. One of which let's you import/export to the PC version. Worth all the Google funbucks it cost me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

The IAPs are also the expansions. One of which let's you import/export to the PC version. Worth all the Google funbucks it cost me.

Well poo poo that's an instant buy.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
If you guys are talking about RCT Classic then yeah its absolutely fantastic and I'm honestly not sure why Atari let a great product be released. Very much considering double dipping and buying again on Android (bought on iOS last year)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Star Ocean: Anamnesis is now "live" (you can download from the store, but the game tells you it won't be available until a little later on today.)

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

boy are my arms tired posted:

Star Ocean: Anamnesis is now "live" (you can download from the store, but the game tells you it won't be available until a little later on today.)

But not in the UK :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The consensus on Star Ocean Amnanamanamsisiansma (seriouls, WTF is that word?) is you want Maria, Fidel, and Faize. You'll want to pick Maria, get the 5* ACE ticket from the item shop and hope for Fidel.

Don't bother rerolling for weapons, just exchange the Launch Coin you have for the Umbral Blast (Gun) for Maria.

And rerolling is probably best if done via Nox.

Oh, also, when rerolling, the game uses Facebook and Google Play linking, so you should try cancelling when it asks for permission to log into Google just in case it tries to lock in your account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Well off to a good start, I picked Myuria and I got Nel from my ACE ticket. The combat is fun at least but this seems like more of a gacha hell than most. Any word on the F2P aspect of this game? I know gacha and F2P don't really match but it's nice to hope.