Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Spartacus only needs a lore if you don't have access to Waver/Helena/Ozy otherwise you can get away with level 6 on Unyielding Will, or without them level 9 with MLB Imaginary Element. Once he gets his NP buff, he can easily handle waves of 30-40k hp enemies with level 6 Return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Interesting. My current farming set up is Fran w/ Kaleidoscope , Waver , Friend Lancelot /w Kaleidoscope, My Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope in the back row. First turn, Waver powers up Fran and friend Lancelot and they each take a turn taking a wave down with their NP. For the final wave, I sub in my Lancelot. The final wave is where I'm tripping up a bit since usually two of the hands barely survive Lancelot's attack.

Try a friend Raikou with Kaleido and use her for the final wave instead of Lance. Or use your friend's Lancelot instead of your own for the final wave, if he has a higher NP level than yours. NP2 or higher Lance should always one-shot a wave of hands.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
If you're plugsuiting, use the attack buff and see if that helps, if you haven't done that already and if there's only two hands barely surviving then set it up so waver and the other lancelot can finish them in that wave.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I got Tamamo NP3 from paid, friend got NP2 Tamamo...

I like tama but that was probably the shittiest outcome for that roll :D

Glad some of you got nice rolls though.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Is there anyway to make the instakill on MissLord Nito's NP actually hit consistently other than maxing out her skill 1(if that even helps)? I'm trying her out with hand farming but she's not really living up to her rep as a wave clearer atm

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Yes, you want to max out skill 1 to get the most out of her NP.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Other posted:

Is there anyway to make the instakill on MissLord Nito's NP actually hit consistently other than maxing out her skill 1(if that even helps)? I'm trying her out with hand farming but she's not really living up to her rep as a wave clearer atm

Pairing her with an Edison can be a huge help since death rate increases with overcharge, too.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Other posted:

Nothing but maxing her out! It kinda matters a lot, she only really needs that one skill maxed so just eat the bone cost.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Got Tamamo in the paid banner. Must be the Tamamocat I picked as my free 4* that acted as the catalyst.

But now I understand. Wanting to pull on the Caster Banner for the next paid gatcha greatly terrifies me now, but Waver is still worth it, and now at least I've got the most crucial member of all arts meme teams. Didn't really understand how to use Tamamo until Rashomon. Cooldown Reduction, NP Gain, Heal, Arts Boost and NP Reduction so amazing for challenge fights.

Too bad we'll never ever get a ticket for a free 5*, even if just for the launch SSRs.

Also, now with 3 Kscopes, I can finally efficiently farm. Long gone are my salad days of using Herc's NPBB brave chain to only kill two hands out of three. Having lots of fun seeing what teams of 3* servants I can set up to farm XP and bond points (SQ). Blackbeard, Hohenheim, Hector and Fergus are surprising good for this, not to mention Kiyohime, Spartacus, Arash, and Saber Lily. Now I can save all the SR bonding for hard content.

And while I'm at it, PSA to set aside 264 Gold Assassin XP cards for the next welfare servant.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is the summer CEs limited? I really want to max out that Romani CE but I really dont want to waste quartz on Da Vinci

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

A tad late, but I'm fairly sure a BB NP chain from Heracles kills a full hand wave.
The first two B kill the first hand, target switch for the NP and second dead hand, target switch for the extra. Worst case scenario it's still two dead hands because the extra card off a brave chain hits about as hard as an AoE NP.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
So, rolled the guaranteed and I got NP2 Orion, which is alright, I guess.

However the REAL prize was from the banner...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Jossar posted:

So, rolled the guaranteed and I got NP2 Orion, which is alright, I guess.

However the REAL prize was from the banner...

Oh poo poo, run! She's finally here to murder you in accordance with the prophecy! And she brought along a clone to help her!

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Came back after a while not playing, hit up the guaranteed 5* banner and got Vlad, like the only character on the entire banner I wasn't interested in :negative:

I also hit up the davinci banner a couple of times but got nothing much of note.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Omobono posted:

A tad late, but I'm fairly sure a BB NP chain from Heracles kills a full hand wave.
The first two B kill the first hand, target switch for the NP and second dead hand, target switch for the extra. Worst case scenario it's still two dead hands because the extra card off a brave chain hits about as hard as an AoE NP.

Jesus why did I never think about doing this

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kild posted:

Jesus why did I never think about doing this

Fair warning I did some back of the envelope calculations and it's borderline with a lvl 80 Herc. Herakles' own attack buff at level 1 should be enough though. Stack another atk up and/or a buster up for safety.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 9, 2018

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'd like a support that can re-shuffel cards with a skill. Maybe draw only the target servant's cards at lvl 10. Always irritated me that I have skills running 3 turns but only enough cards for one turn of buster brave chains unless I'm really lucky.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
With a plugsuit, support waver, and enough scopes, 3-turning embers is not hard, but it feels like a waste to do it that way for me atm because I maxed the plug suit a little while back. So I'm trying to see if I can get it done with folks with their own NP charge like Mordred or Arash.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

351 logins yesterday.
I still have no kscopes. :negative:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
KScopes are so insanely useful I can't imagine playing the game without them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why the hell do those cretins think that Albert is the one responsible for NA giving less quartz

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Why the hell do those cretins think that Albert is the one responsible for NA giving less quartz

They don't, is the hosed up thing. It's just that they're shitheads whose only desire is to ruin someone's, anyone's life over 20 quartz.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

They don't, is the hosed up thing. It's just that they're shitheads whose only desire is to ruin someone's, anyone's life over 20 quartz.

Ok, I'll bite: What?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

So, I was thinking: "I would REALLY like Da Vinci NP2", so I roller another 10-roll and, voilà, a second copy of Da Vinci, just like that.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Oh Snapple! posted:

I dont think it's quite that malicious. More like they want more poo poo and Albert just happens to be the most prominent face they can stick a finger in.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Wuxi posted:

Ok, I'll bite: What?

Japan got 30 quartz for it's first anniversary. We got 10. Albert is the guy who's been running the tiny NA division for this game, and he doesn't deserve the poo poo that's been thrown at him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Today I learned that, because Earth or Sky Servants are extremely popular, and Gawain specifically has that trait, that Raikou still hits like an absolute monster against him. So I can still three turn knights with a support Raikou, but her skills have to be decently leveled, preferably maxed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
all the KotR and Altrias are Earth servants, iirc, because they cannot be grounded in historical fact

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

all the KotR and Altrias are Earth servants, iirc, because they cannot be grounded in historical fact

Yep. Historical figures: man. Legends: earth. Gods or demigods: sky. Turning points of human history: star.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

AtheistMantis posted:

And while I'm at it, PSA to set aside 264 Gold Assassin XP cards for the next welfare servant.

Is summer Scathach any good? I still have a stack of ALL xp cards from the last event, so I should be covered. It'd be nice to have another 4* Assassin that can deal damage with their NP. (Looking at you, NP2 Stheno :argh:)

So if I'm reading the JPN timeline, we start the summer event but a second part opens up when there is about a week left for us to scramble through those quests? Hopefully it isn't as rough as it sounds.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
She is a non-bronze AoE Assassin which up until now was only occupied by Fuuma and Shuten (and the bronze is Phantom, soo...) which is potentially useful but she's apparently not very useful outside of nuking the enemy once thanks to long skill CDs and a general grabbag of only vaguely useful skills outside of her Quick buff.

That said I don't believe you actually need to level her during Summer 1 to get through the event.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Lol that thread in reddit about how the devs are making GBS threads on NA and hate us is funny.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

It is done. Level 100, 10/10/10, 2000/2000 Fous.

and despite that, she still doesn't break 12k base attack, good lord medusa lily is not very good

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Flimf posted:

I'm not usually one to complain but... really game?

The only servants I have from this banner is Vlad and Waver and I would even have been fine just getting NP2 for one of them even or literally anyone else than Medb.

Can't believe I paid money for this ugh...

This was the fear if I had done cavalry, so NP2 mordred isnt the worst thing since at least I didnt get Medb.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

medb is a friend

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Medb is horny for Cu and therefore the most relatable character in FGO

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
My survey was just front loaded with complaining about how much I hate getting servants from septem in my summons without end.

Also medb is nasty and evil and wayyyy too sexual/sadistic and killing her in america was one of the most satisfying victories in the game.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Medb is very good.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

way too sexual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that's my new username