Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Stexils posted:

wacky comedy interlude chapter where koda's rabbit eats the hair and everyone has to try and catch a superstrong rabbit

They've already covered that ingestion of Genetic Material isn't what passes on the quirk, the user has to want to pass it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Onmi posted:

They've already covered that ingestion of Genetic Material isn't what passes on the quirk, the user has to want to pass it on.

if deku deliberately puts it in a hair i think that would count, just not if someone yanks on his head and chomps down

like if a seagull swooped down and ate all mights hair as he held it out to deku

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if a seagull had taken the hair for some reason, nothing would have happened because all might didn't want the bird to have his quirk. it could have been any strand of hair and he wasn't "putting it in a hair"

like if deku went crazy and decided toga should be the next successor, she'd have taken one for all when she drank his blood during the overhaul fight even though deku didn't specifically give it to her

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Scholtz posted:

Deku's gonna get shot by the quirk erasing bullet and he's gonna somehow give himself OfA, become his own successor, and grow even more powerful.

I have this idea in my head that OfA is going end up being too powerful for the quirk destroying bullets to effect. Like , it'll only be temporarily gone before come backing at the most dramatic moment. Ether that or Eri finally has enough control to restore it. I'm envisioning an arc where a now quirkless Deku has to protect Eri as they're both being chased through the city by the League of Villains.

Whatever ends up happening, I think the most likely person to be targeted by the quirk bullets is going to be either Deku or Bakugo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I have this idea in my head that OfA is going end up being too powerful for the quirk destroying bullets to effect. Like , it'll only be temporarily gone before come backing at the most dramatic moment. Ether that or Eri finally has enough control to restore it. I'm envisioning an arc where a now quirkless Deku has to protect Eri as they're both being chased through the city by the League of Villains.

Whatever ends up happening, I think the most likely person to be targeted by the quirk bullets is going to be either Deku or Bakugo

Comedy answer:

They use all the bullets on Kirishima and Tetsu.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Was All Might buff enough to be Superman-bulletproof?

I mean, if a quirk-eraser bullet can't break skin, it can't work, right?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm guessing Aizawa eats a quirk-killer bullet or dies at some point because his quirk all but requires a powerful heteromorph who can just overpower him or some other means to incapacitate him for any attack to really work.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Aizawa was almost taken out by a time-stopping sneak attack and a knife, so "incapacitate" has some room to breathe for now, but yeah, narratively it's going to get increasingly hard to take his power off the table without doing it permanently or making him look like a chump.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fabricated posted:

I'm guessing Aizawa eats a quirk-killer bullet or dies at some point because his quirk all but requires a powerful heteromorph who can just overpower him or some other means to incapacitate him for any attack to really work.

The campground attack is an example of how it's extremely easy to work around Aizawa and still achieve concrete objectives. Aizawa is one dude who can only incapacitate people he can see for short periods of time, so you distract him or divert him and do what you're going to do. He doesn't have super speed or a travel quirk so if he's out of position he's useless. It's not like All Might who can jump several miles or Endeavor who can activate rocket boosters.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
All you need to take out Aizawa is pocket sand

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Or a sheet, which is a strategy figured out by two teenagers. Just put on a poncho and he's effectively quirkless.

Edit: Aizawa getting unquirked would be interesting if only because then he could fully complete his transformation into Batman.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

He'd probably be wise to that. It sounds like something he'd do, himself.

...Someone needs to make an Eraserhead Dale Gribble.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Toga managed to get the better of Aizawa even after he erased her quirk. You just need to put him against people who are just as good at hand to hand combat as he is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All you need are a few guns and a grenade launcher to take Aizawa out. He's not bullet stop/dodging fast.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

aizawa is pretty good on his own and almost unstoppable on a team, so i look forward to seeing what new and exciting scenarios come up to keep him out of the fight

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stexils posted:

aizawa is pretty good on his own and almost unstoppable on a team, so i look forward to seeing what new and exciting scenarios come up to keep him out of the fight

Those tests aren't going to grade themselves!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

pls dont murder eri's dad

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Recall that in terms of fighting Villains Bakugou hasn't had a straight up, proper fight without complications against anyone since the USJ mooks, and Todoroki hasn't fought any actual villains since Stain.

When you see any scenario where Bakugou or Todoroki get set up to full-on 1v1 anybody some serious poo poo is about to go down.

Kild posted:

pls dont murder eri's dad
If anything him taking care of Eri means something terrible is likely to happen to him because Eri can't have her quirk go nuts again with him there and that's bound to happen again at some point.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 9, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea they didn't even get to fight mirio with the rest of the class

tho bakugou's fight with deku was treated seriously by both of them and he won that

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Knuckleduster from Vigilantes pretty much fought Aizawa to a standstill, so Aizawa has a weakness: tough old bastards

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

thetoughestbean posted:

Knuckleduster from Vigilantes pretty much fought Aizawa to a standstill, so Aizawa has a weakness: tough old bastards

Yeah Kncukleduster is a dude that learned how to fight, and he does not have a quirk so he is one of the worst opponents Aizawa can have.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/EinDippsn/status/1016013231427645440

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KoB
May 1, 2009
Aizawa's quirk is very powerful but it also relies on him being a better fighter than the villain. In the best case scenario he still needs to beat up the badguy.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Can Aizawa take down AFO single-handedly? AFO seems like the kind of guy to heavily rely on Quirks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
AFO is basically a walking corpse propped up by his quirks. Eraserhead would basically destroy him.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Aizawa can't cancel out quirks that are part of a person's body like Froppy or Shoji, and the fact that Nomus can have those types of quirks means that AfO can steal those types of quirks, so Aizawa would probably still be a bad matchup against it.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

All you need are a few guns and a grenade launcher to take Aizawa out. He's not bullet stop/dodging fast.

He dodged Dabi's point-blank, surprise-attack explosion of flame in practically an instant and was somehow able to get above him in that time. He's fast as gently caress.

MHA cops have guns and they're still fodder compared to any pro-Hero afawk. The world runs on anime/comic rules for what a 'normal human' is capable of physically. Bakago can keep up with Deku's legit super-speed, Shigaraki instantly closed the gap between him and the kids in the USJ attack and even Toga was practically teleporting all over the place against Deku who again does have enhanced reflexes.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 10, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SpacePig posted:

Aizawa can't cancel out quirks that are part of a person's body like Froppy or Shoji, and the fact that Nomus can have those types of quirks means that AfO can steal those types of quirks, so Aizawa would probably still be a bad matchup against it.

You misunderstood how his quirk and Nomu's work.

He did erase Nomu's quirk when he fought him, Nomu without his quirks was still just way stronger and faster then Aizawa.

And he can cancel the active parts of Tsuyu and Shoji's quirks, just not their body changes. If he looks at Tsuyu she can no long jump super high, stick to walls, stretch and control her tongue. And if he looked at Shoji he would not be able to create duplicates of his body parts on his tentacles. However their appearances would not change.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Assuming I haven't misunderstood why he wears the visor, it's so that when he's engaged with multiple enemies, they can't tell who he's looking at and has their quirk shut off.

Doesn't that mean that the way his quirk manifests (as evidenced by Deku's failure to launch with the ball test) doesn't alert to people that their quirk is being suppressed, it's more like reaching for something outside of the periphery of your vision, and it suddenly not being there?

Cuz man, if Eraserhead were at the OFA/AFO fight, that could have ended a lot faster and with a lot less mess.

"Behold, the strongest combination of Quirks I have amassed to fight y- oh poo poo."
"UNITED STATES OF SMASH"

KoB
May 1, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Assuming I haven't misunderstood why he wears the visor, it's so that when he's engaged with multiple enemies, they can't tell who he's looking at and has their quirk shut off.

Doesn't that mean that the way his quirk manifests (as evidenced by Deku's failure to launch with the ball test) doesn't alert to people that their quirk is being suppressed, it's more like reaching for something outside of the periphery of your vision, and it suddenly not being there?

Cuz man, if Eraserhead were at the OFA/AFO fight, that could have ended a lot faster and with a lot less mess.

"Behold, the strongest combination of Quirks I have amassed to fight y- oh poo poo."
"UNITED STATES OF SMASH"

In the Todoroki/Yaoyorozu vs Aizawa fight, Yaoyorozu constantly makes stuff so they know when hes cancelling it too.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Deku, your dad sucks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Doesn't Aizawa have to look someone in the eyes to cancel their quirk?

Seems like that would be hard with AfO.

E: Nah, seems like he just gotta look at em.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

You misunderstood how his quirk and Nomu's work.

He did erase Nomu's quirk when he fought him, Nomu without his quirks was still just way stronger and faster then Aizawa.

And he can cancel the active parts of Tsuyu and Shoji's quirks, just not their body changes. If he looks at Tsuyu she can no long jump super high, stick to walls, stretch and control her tongue. And if he looked at Shoji he would not be able to create duplicates of his body parts on his tentacles. However their appearances would not change.

when/where was this confirmed?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Inflammatory posted:

when/where was this confirmed?
In the USJ arc Aizawa specifically thinks to himself that he knows he used his quirk on the super noumu but it was still wringing him out like a sponge so that was its natural muscle strength.

Then when explaining how his quirk works compared to the quirk-killer bullets he explains that his quirk seems to just "turn off" whatever process connects the human body to its quirk- specifically explaining that if he used his quirk on a dude whose quirk was having a tail, the guy wouldn't be able to move the tail while it was cancelled out. The tail just doesn't magically vanish.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like AfO would just straight up drop dead if Aizawa looked at him. The guy is half dead already and has been using quriks to extend his life for generations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nephthys posted:

He dodged Dabi's point-blank, surprise-attack explosion of flame in practically an instant and was somehow able to get above him in that time. He's fast as gently caress.

MHA cops have guns and they're still fodder compared to any pro-Hero afawk. The world runs on anime/comic rules for what a 'normal human' is capable of physically. Bakago can keep up with Deku's legit super-speed, Shigaraki instantly closed the gap between him and the kids in the USJ attack and even Toga was practically teleporting all over the place against Deku who again does have enhanced reflexes.

I wouldn't put Toga as an "even" there. She's scrapped with Aizawa and at least held her own, she's got ninja moves to disappear if you look away for a second, and she managed to take on Tsu and Uraraka at once without using her powers.

Toga's basically a prodigy at murder and murder related activities, even ignoring her quirk.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Rhonne posted:

I feel like AfO would just straight up drop dead if Aizawa looked at him. The guy is half dead already and has been using quriks to extend his life for generations.

Maybe Aizawa can only erase one Quirk at a time. OfA breaks a lot of the known rules about how these powers work.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

chiasaur11 posted:

I wouldn't put Toga as an "even" there. She's scrapped with Aizawa and at least held her own, she's got ninja moves to disappear if you look away for a second, and she managed to take on Tsu and Uraraka at once without using her powers.

Toga's basically a prodigy at murder and murder related activities, even ignoring her quirk.

Toga's quirk is actually completely unrelated to combat which basically makes her a purely physical fighter on the tier of like Knuckleduster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eej posted:

Toga's quirk is actually completely unrelated to combat which basically makes her a purely physical fighter on the tier of like Knuckleduster

This may not be entirely true. Toga concept notes says she can use the quirk of whoever she is transformed into. While she has yet to do this in the actual story, she has yet to actually need to.