Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Roman posted:

What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one!

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Choosing that solution is legit uplifting in this pessimistic time we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They do tend to err on the side of not pissing people off, the "half a million mutagen samples" incident notwithstanding.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DE has succeeded as much on concerted efforts to build goodwill with their player base as they have on their great art direction and willingness to let the player do a triple flip while shooting eight guys.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Applied to the clan, ingame name is BuckFlanksteak.

Did they re-do the Focus system? The very first thing the game had me do on logging in was pick my path again which was a little jarring. Then again, picking up this game again after a while is always jarring. But I do love it so.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Applied to the clan, ingame name is BuckFlanksteak.

Did they re-do the Focus system? The very first thing the game had me do on logging in was pick my path again which was a little jarring. Then again, picking up this game again after a while is always jarring. But I do love it so.

they reset all your trees when they changed it a while back. you should still have all the focus points from before, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They've redone the focus system like three times now; it's never not going to be kind of a clusterfuck.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i pretty much knew de would do something like that to solve the situation

my source: the 25 or so leftover fully built exclusive adapters i still have from that initial twitch drop screwup

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Rewatched tennocon stream. Noticed that Reb stepped on the minx poo and it left a indented footprint. Why go to that detail DE? Why?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I believe this thread called this exact result the second they announced the Twitch promotion.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So 7 days before or 7 days after?? I just started out and I like free poo poo!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hey I have a theorycrafting question that might take some explanation.

The Question: What is the best weapon for a desecrate Nekros?

The Explanation: Okay this isn't quite as simple as "Any slash weapon." Obviously we want slash and we want dismembered bodies for additional desecrate rolls. The wiki states, accurately as far as I can tell, that only enemies killed by a slash proc will be dismembered. Not the bleed damage tick, not just regular old slash damage- the proc itself. So we need to optimize for two things- slash damage, and status chance. That leans me heavily toward melee weapons. Conventional wisdom holds that the Tigris or Kohm are "good enough" due to lots of pellets and 100% status chance, but in order to reach that status chance you end up stacking so many other damage types that the overall chance of the slash proc being what actually kills the enemy start to get kind of low.

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_W...-0-100/171334/0
So it seems like something like this Lesion build, where the only other status is a viral proc that will halve enemy health for easier slashing, is the way to go. But I never see anyone float Lesion as a great Nekros pairing. Has anyone tested this? Is the wiki wrong about what causes dismemberment?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also Dread. Dread seems to have an innate boost to cutting things in two. Plus it looks cool.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Keep Hunter munitions in mind too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MarcusSA posted:

So 7 days before or 7 days after?? I just started out and I like free poo poo!

Yeah I'm guessing it's too late to link accounts. Too bad Ash was always one of my favorites.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sarsapariller posted:

The wiki states, accurately as far as I can tell, that only enemies killed by a slash proc will be dismembered.

It's just enemies that are killed by slash damage. Procs don't matter and bleed deals finishing damage. You can see this yourself by putting -status chance and +slash damage mods on a Tigris Prime and dismembering everything you hit.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also Dread. Dread seems to have an innate boost to cutting things in two. Plus it looks cool.

Noted- will test that.

turn off the TV posted:

It's just enemies that are killed by slash damage. Procs don't matter and bleed deals finishing damage. You can see this yourself by putting -status chance and +slash damage mods on a Tigris Prime and dismembering everything you hit.

Yeah I'm kind of skeptical of the wiki on this one. I will test the Tigris with a full slash build, I think I can make one without re-forma'ing.

Here's my three "To-be-simulated" builds so far for tonight. Not sure how I can get an accurate bodypart count, but I'll try.
http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_W...-0-100/171334/0
http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...2-0-26/171859/0
http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...iXV0=/en/2-0-96

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
So those new expansions look pretty badass and I guess I'm reinstalling the game. I never made it past Mars the first time around, but let's see if I can grind my way into some of this new content when it releases!

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah I'm guessing it's too late to link accounts. Too bad Ash was always one of my favorites.

Link anyways. You get a Trinity Prime and you might luck out and get Ash either way.

Also a color palette this weekend

Edit- Link for reference for the palette and orbiter skin. https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-get-a-bonus-prime-day-warframe-skin-for-your-landing-craft-b5343a10a72b

MisterFuzzles fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 9, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You'll only get the Trinity if you have Twitch Prime. But you don't need the paid version of twitch to get Ash. So, yeah, link, log on, see if/what you get.

OTOH, AshP part/blueprint prices will also probably tank, so maybe not that hard to buy off of players.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
This doesn’t work for Prime Moochers right? My parents hold the main account and my sister and I get the freebie family accounts.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

hagie posted:

This doesn’t work for Prime Moochers right? My parents hold the main account and my sister and I get the freebie family accounts.

My wife is the primary account holder for us but I get the Prime benefits as normal.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Doesn't work with moochers. My wife gets free prime from her sister so I was going to link the wife's account, but it kept asking me to pay for twitch prime no matter which way round I did it.

Also i might have hosed up previously by linking my twitch to a burner amazon account with the prime trial, and then cancelling it once I got the free warframe stuff.

Either way I don't seem to be able to get prime freebies anymore.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

My Ash P just dropped, so looks like they're going out now.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

MisterFuzzles posted:

Link anyways. You get a Trinity Prime and you might luck out and get Ash either way.

Also a color palette this weekend

Edit- Link for reference for the palette and orbiter skin. https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-get-a-bonus-prime-day-warframe-skin-for-your-landing-craft-b5343a10a72b

Oooh a color pallet! Will you be able to use it on frames too or just the ships?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Finally got Khora Systems to drop from Normal Onslaught. I'm finally free! I look forward to getting my cat frame and being horribly disappointed.

khora is excellent for syndicate missions; she's tough enough that the content won't ever be a problem, her abilities work well enough across every type except Spy (and even then, who cares you can probably do it) but first and foremost you can use the same maxed Animal Instinct you already have on your sentinel and Venari at the same time and they stack. Finding those tokens is now super easy. I use carrier + looter and venari and even though looter is half busted it works well enough to give me as many tokens as I have patience for.

for that alone, I like the frame. The part where she's good at other stuff is an excellent bonus. :v:

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I saw something about nitain extract twitch drops, was that a past exclusive thing or is it on going?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

khora is one of my best sortie frames because it doesn't matter what level enemies are if they literally can't even attack you

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Lunimeow posted:

I saw something about nitain extract twitch drops, was that a past exclusive thing or is it on going?

That sounds like the big Twitch push DE did last year, where you got random stuff for every [time span] you spent watching a Warframe partner. People gamed it by opening a dozen streams at once at minimum quality.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Yeah I saw crazy lists of stuff people got by having like 60 streams open at a time. I'm guessing that was cut then haha. Sure would have liked to had 100 some extract haha.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

S.J. posted:

Either just work through the story missions or progressing in the star map as far as you can. Eventually you'll have to do story missions to progress anyways

rhino is still king poo poo of the pachyderm based ninjas

Thanks but I'm all caught up on story and star map.
I've been doing plains recently but I never feel like I know what I'm doing.

This is a Volt fishing sinulator, right?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They've redone the focus system like three times now; it's never not going to be kind of a clusterfuck.

Part of the trouble is the content locust problem.

The regular veterans players will have completed half the tree and set up ultra efficient focus farming builds before DE can look at the stats and lo and behold : 80% of the playerbase have less than 5% of the nodes unlocked.

Similar to what happened with Hema. The research cost was clearly a decimal point mistake, but before they admit the SNAFU the big clans are already halfway trough the cost in a single week-end, so no correction that time.

If your a new player buy your first sentinel with your starting plats for a huge quality of life increase. Stay away from Kubros untill you have purchased and built the incubator upgrade or your doggie will die and you will be sad.

Game is good.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am at Saturn right now and I am one assassination and a few relic cracks till penetrating Uranus. When I left off the game, I intended to do the Sands of Inarios questline as a quick diversion before rocketing into Uranus and doing the Natah and Second Dream quests, but it turns out it wasn't. I do have the first vessel opened up, but I am getting a bit tired of looking for Railgun MOAs. Should I just take the plunge into Uranus already for those quests? I mean, I am already spoiled for some of it already but if nothing else than for the system unlocks?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sands of Inaros is a major grind so don't worry about dropping it and going on with something else. Opening up the star chart is never a bad idea as well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope they add more tricks to the hoverboard. I wanna do a kickflip on Venus.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Sands of Inaros is a major grind so don't worry about dropping it and going on with something else. Opening up the star chart is never a bad idea as well.

Sands of Inaros is one of the least grindy quests, just leave it on and go do whatever. It will be done before you know it, unless you're in a rush to get inaros.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was in a rush to get Inaros and had him baking within 24 hours of starting the quest. It's stupid easy and quick.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, Inaros isn't bad at all. Just have it active and go do whatever. Railgun Moas might be the most annoying roll for the second urn but they spawn on almost every corpus mission so it's not one you need to actively farm at all, just play the game.

i guess maybe a survival or interception on a corpus tile would be the "fastest" way? I imagine you'd get the kills after 20 minutes, maybe sooner.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

njsykora posted:

Also when you do Sands of Inaros SCAN THE CATS

You need their codes for Kavat breeding and they area right royal pain in the rear end to get most of the time.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Jack Trades posted:

I hope they add more tricks to the hoverboard. I wanna do a kickflip on Venus.

I want tricks to give you a speed boost, so the sicker the tricks, the faster you go.

Basically just let me play SSX in Warframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Make sure you scan the golem guardians in the sands of inaros quest too as that is the only place you can get those scans.