Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Mr.Misfit posted:

Is there a way to help fund this if one doesn´t have a credit card? Like, via Paypal or something similarly silly?
Other than that, sounds interesting, would like to back..

Not on kickstarter, but I plan on doing a backerkit afterwards to collect shipping fees - you should be able to pledge there with PayPal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

In more Cthickstarter news CMON's next campaign will have a Cthulu that looks like it's, like, a foot and a half tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxhvN9jMd1Q

Neat but not something I'd have any desire to own. I guess they wanted something to distinguish themselves from the 20 other kickstarters with nearly identical pitches.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Moon Monster posted:

In more Cthickstarter news CMON's next campaign will have a Cthulu that looks like it's, like, a foot and a half tall.

Neat but not something I'd have any desire to own. I guess they wanted something to distinguish themselves from the 20 other kickstarters with nearly identical pitches.

They're seriously pissed off that Cthulhu Wars already did what they do, except better and with an actual game included.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I wonder how large it is compared with the Reaper Bones Cthulhu, that one's pretty drat big.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

I wonder how large it is compared with the Reaper Bones Cthulhu, that one's pretty drat big.
I'm guessing quite a bit bigger.
https://twitter.com/eric_lang/status/1015389267701436416

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

A frightening hellbeast posed innocently next to Cthulu.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Presumably those pillars are there to give it stability and support, but it makes me think Great Cthulhu's just hanging around, old guysplaining something.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

whoops wrong topic. For context, to those still waiting on projects. Camp Grizzly is finally after coming up on 5 years this December since The Kickstarter shipping out the expansions for the base game along with minis. Perhaps this give hope to those that may never fulfill.

Mr.Trifecta fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 8, 2018

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Presumably those pillars are there to give it stability and support, but it makes me think Great Cthulhu's just hanging around, old guysplaining something.

M’lyeh

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ironically we'll know why the shipping costs will be insane.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm hesitant to spend a lot of money on a game Kickstarter when I'm still waiting on Kings of War, but it would be really cool to own a massive statue of Cthulhu with my exact body type.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jennsandercock/edible-games-cookbook-play-with-your-food

quote:

The Edible Games Cookbook will collect a dozen unique and tasty edible games into a beautiful, full-colour, limited edition cookbook

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That combines my two favorite things; games with extremely long set-up times, and food that is going to be extensively handled before you eat it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr.Trifecta posted:

whoops wrong topic. For context, to those still waiting on projects. Camp Grizzly is finally after coming up on 5 years this December since The Kickstarter shipping out the expansions for the base game along with minis. Perhaps this give hope to those that may never fulfill.

Holy crap. I didn't back it, but remember hearing about it and watching an LP of it somewhere and thinking 'hey, when this comes out I might like to get it.'

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Holy crap. I didn't back it, but remember hearing about it and watching an LP of it somewhere and thinking 'hey, when this comes out I might like to get it.'

Out of the 40 or so backed projects, easily my top 3. Guy took these 5 years hand drawing all the art himself. Best representation of a Friday the 13th like game made.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Out of the 40 or so backed projects, easily my top 3. Guy took these 5 years hand drawing all the art himself. Best representation of a Friday the 13th like game made.

Oh, yeah! That was a draw as I recall, and refreshing my memory with some Google images the player art does look like Wet Hot American Summer the Card which is about perfect.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Flying Circus finally posted an update after a couple months of mildly concerning radio silence with a link to an unfinished but ostensibly playtested beta draft of the game. It's undergoing extensive rewrites and additions but work seems to be ongoing at least so that's cool.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I will note that it's only been radio silence on kickstarter. Erika talks about her progress on Flying Circus all the time on twitter.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Haystack posted:

I will note that it's only been radio silence on kickstarter. Erika talks about her progress on Flying Circus all the time on twitter.

Oh okay, I guess I didn't think to check there.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
yeah, the etiquette of "how often do I do a Kickstarter update" is a fickle thing. I've seen people complain about "getting spammed with too many emails reporting minimal or routine progress" and people complain about "never getting emails about anything"; sometimes on the same project.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

jivjov posted:

yeah, the etiquette of "how often do I do a Kickstarter update" is a fickle thing. I've seen people complain about "getting spammed with too many emails reporting minimal or routine progress" and people complain about "never getting emails about anything"; sometimes on the same project.

If you send me an update every week, you are guaranteeing that I will never read anything you ever send me.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

There's also the tradeoff that any time you're spending on writing a kickstarter update is time and energy you're not pouring into making the game.

Every four to six weeks is about ideal for me.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I think every month (or two, depending) is probably. I pretty much only skim them anyway to see if it has a download link or something.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haystack posted:

There's also the tradeoff that any time you're spending on writing a kickstarter update is time and energy you're not pouring into making the game.

Every four to six weeks is about ideal for me.

If you are taking more than 2 hours at most to write a kickstarter update you are probably doing it wrong (unless you are using an intense amount of time to grab pictures and the like, and even then). Hopefully they are organized enough to know what is going on in their own project.

As long as you lay out your update policy ahead of time and stick with it, it should be fine.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once a month just to prove that you haven't run away with the money, ideally with a picture of some kind of progress, is ideal imo

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, seems about right for the "funded but not ready to deliver" period. Once fulfillment starts, more rapid updates are okay. Really basically any time you have actual deliverables (not beta versions unless that was a pledge reward or something), I'm cool with hearing about it. The rest of the time I mostly just want to know you still exist and are doing something project-related. You should definitely not make any major announcements just on your blog/twitter/forum/etc without also updating the KS.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
Has anyone in here backed Tang Garden? I don’t recall it coming up in here but I’m a sucker for a pretty game that doesn’t overlap with other themes in my collection.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Well this is certainly a classy game. :nws:

quote:

Going Commando is a funny card game where the goal is to pick up the girls in the city and convince them to “go pantieless”. So, use your best Sweet Talk skills, unleash Private Detectives, and entrust to the most powerful Love Potion knowledge about girls, to ensure they help you with your bet by showing their alluring side.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I like the lady with the bright green paint smudged near her mouth, like a sloppy Radium Girl. I hope she sues her boss.

quote:

Risks and challenges
Going Commando is by far our most ambitious project. That's why we chose Kickstarter. We really believe in this game: it cost us 1 year of planning, drawing and testing to fix every problem little by little, and present the product at its best. The success of this campaign will be a huge dream come true, and to every supporter and backer we just say THANK YOU for believing in this project as much as we do.
Maybe there will be bumps in the road with this campaign, but we'll work hard to provide you with the best experience possible. And if we succeed, we'll promise to work even harder to send you your pledge as quickly as possible.

and yet…

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 9, 2018

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

the only genius in the whole fucking business
I know some people were concerned that Flying Circus hadn't updated in a while, so just letting people know I put out a public playtesting draft.

I was really happy with the discussion that happened about the game here on SA so I thought I'd make sure to keep you posted.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

open_sketchbook posted:

I know some people were concerned that Flying Circus hadn't updated in a while, so just letting people know I put out a public playtesting draft.

I was really happy with the discussion that happened about the game here on SA so I thought I'd make sure to keep you posted.

For what it's worth I'm not upset or anything, the Spellbound Arcana companion KS went six months without updates and only recently popped back up, it's just that everything went from a steady stream of constant updates to being kind of quiet all at once. It didn't occur to me to check and see if there were updates being posted elsewhere. But anyway I'm glad to hear things are chugging along and I'm gonna crack into the playtesting draft as soon as I get a chance.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bodanarko posted:

Has anyone in here backed Tang Garden? I don’t recall it coming up in here but I’m a sucker for a pretty game that doesn’t overlap with other themes in my collection.

Oh yeah, it's gorgeous and looks like a nice chill game. I'm all in on that one.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Anyone doing So Long, My World? I'm trying to decide just what I think about it.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh yeah, it's gorgeous and looks like a nice chill game. I'm all in on that one.

It looks like Carcassonne 2.0 - some.more rules complexity, though not that much more, and it looks very pretty.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The_Doctor posted:

Oh man, that looks great.

It looks like 10+ maybe, from skimming the playthrough video? Does that sound right? I didn’t look for catch-up mechanics.

Will the metal coins fit in the box? I’m a sucker for metal coins.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

It looks like Carcassonne 2.0 - some.more rules complexity, though not that much more, and it looks very pretty.

Carcassonne 3.0, you mean? 2.0 was Galaxy of Trian.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
New Delta Green Kicktarter for 'The Labyrinth' written by John Tynes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-labyrinth/

While there's definitely that aspect of starting a new kickstarter while still having a bunch of stretch goals from the previous one to deliver, notably this is being written by Tynes, who wasn't involved in the former one, and it's apparently 1/4 written already, but they're still giving a 9 month timetable on it to be as realistic as they can.

The previous one has been excellent, though admittedly Delta Green is in my 'buy everything no matter what it is' list.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, the Empyreal Spells and Steam kickstarter opened up the pledge manager a couple days ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/empyreal-spells-and-steam-a-fantasy-railway-buildi/posts/2231130?ref=activity

Train game with rear end in a top hat mages. It is also available on Tabletop sim if you want to try before you buy.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Here's what looks to be a nice not-Lizardmen army kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PST posted:

New Delta Green Kicktarter for 'The Labyrinth' written by John Tynes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-labyrinth/

While there's definitely that aspect of starting a new kickstarter while still having a bunch of stretch goals from the previous one to deliver, notably this is being written by Tynes, who wasn't involved in the former one, and it's apparently 1/4 written already, but they're still giving a 9 month timetable on it to be as realistic as they can.

The previous one has been excellent, though admittedly Delta Green is in my 'buy everything no matter what it is' list.

I was happy to see that they laid out exactly how staff/effort overlaps between this and working on goals from the other kickstarter, and that it pretty much wouldn't since Detwiller is basically done with Impossible Landscapes.