Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1016347826878582787

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

vampire penguin...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Vampire penguins mate for unlife.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Suppermariobroth has a fantastic ability to word bugs in the most ominous way possible.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Catfishenfuego posted:

Suppermariobroth has a fantastic ability to word bugs in the most ominous way possible.

An incredibly pro follow

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Killing people definitely carries a score penalty in MGSV but if your fast enough the time bonus so far outstrips that penalty it doesn't matter.

I don't know how the scoring works precisely but the game rewards skillful shots or something so if you headshot everyone or take them out when they're not looking the reward outstrips the penalty. I also don't think the kill penalty stacks unless they were alerted when you killed them.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Catfishenfuego posted:

it's my favorite game trivia twitter

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Licensed games in America: turn whatever popular TV show or movie into a boring platformer

Licensed games in Japan: find an American property nobody cares about the copyright and just make some poo poo up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hey, remember Darksiders 3?

Anyone?

Well, it's coming out November 27.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have not played the Darksiders games but I greatly enjoyed the new GoW's combat which I heard borrows heavily from DS2, so I will keep an eye on Broad of War.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

haveblue posted:

Anyone?

I think it looks good. The Darksiders team at THQ broke up when the company did but through a series of misadventures and multiple closures they are actually all back together again and making DS3 so it's a legit sequel and I'm down

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Anyone?

I remember :colbert:

corn in the bible posted:

I think it looks good. The Darksiders team at THQ broke up when the company did but through a series of misadventures and multiple closures they are actually all back together again and making DS3 so it's a legit sequel and I'm down

That's good to hear. I hope they can make some improvements from 2.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Darksiders 1 and 2 are dope, I will play a Darksiders 3 if I ever own a system that it is released on.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What would the special edition of darksiders 3 and 4 be called

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Darksiders 3 Furymastered Edition

The fourth horseman is apparently named Strife and I don't have a clever pun for that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

haveblue posted:

The fourth horseman is apparently named Strife and I don't have a clever pun for that.

In a twist, the fourth horseman is just Cloud.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

horsenads and strife (only 90's kids will get this)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

Anyone?

Darksiders fuckin rules and I'm jazzed to play it even if it turns out to be bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Though that article already says Darksiders 3 will have 2 special editions, a "standard collectors edition" and the "Apocalypse Edition"

neither of which are stupid puns so gently caress that poo poo. Bring on the furymastered edition even if it is based off the same pun as the warmastered edition.

Maybe Furydux.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

haveblue posted:

Anyone?

whoa what the gently caress! i'm shocked the studio is still around.

isn't darksiders supposed to have four games in the series?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Darksiders 4: Strife Definition

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

haveblue posted:

I remember reading that they were going to just combine the plans for DS3 and 4 in case they don't get to make another one

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm thinking about the commercial for the DS Rhythm Heaven with beyonce that I always thought was deeply misleading, tho now that I'm rewatching it I can absolutely see the stress on her face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEYpflE1mJk

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm ready for Darksiders 3, but this seems soon considering that really bad alpha or whatever trailer doesn't seem that long ago. Hopefully they've made the combat less stiff than it looked then and the game is closer to Darksiders 1 than 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

Anyone?

mistakenly, wishfully read this as darkstalkers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chumbler posted:

I'm ready for Darksiders 3, but this seems soon considering that really bad alpha or whatever trailer doesn't seem that long ago. Hopefully they've made the combat less stiff than it looked then and the game is closer to Darksiders 1 than 2.

The announcement came with this video which... doesn't look terrible? You can set your hair on fire which seems to change your combat and traversal options.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

mistakenly, wishfully read this as darkstalkers

we're the dark

stalkers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was a hard fought battle but brandish the dark revenant easily claims the best handheld console competition for the psp
A round of applause for the defeated challengers

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only thing i rmember about darksiders 2 is i chip damaged a boss that i was way underleveled for and i couldn’t use the weapon i got for a while. rude

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

the only thing i rmember about darksiders 2 is i chip damaged a boss that i was way underleveled for and i couldn’t use the weapon i got for a while. rude

2 kinda sucked rear end as thq imploded

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

There are three good things about Darksiders 2, and that's Death's voice, his crazy, crazy body and the Guardian Boss Fight theme

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

You son of a bitch

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Though that article already says Darksiders 3 will have 2 special editions, a "standard collectors edition" and the "Apocalypse Edition"

neither of which are stupid puns so gently caress that poo poo. Bring on the furymastered edition even if it is based off the same pun as the warmastered edition.

Maybe Furydux.

To be fair, the Warmastered and Deathinitive Editions were GOTY editions, not the deluxe editions of the original releases. So there's still hope.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

Anyone?

Yeah, I thought the franchise was dead but I got an email today asking me to preorder it (lol yeah right). Kind of excited because I liked the first two, although I hope they seriously tone down the loot in this one.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I didn't play the sequel but the first Darksiders was slaked my thirst for a good 3D Zelda, a long wait from 2006 when Twilight Princess released until A Link Between Worlds which was 2013 I believe? I hope it's like The Last Guardian where it drops out of nowhere and is far more polished than video would have you believe.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Gamer in life, gamer in death.

quote:

Seventeen-year-old Renard Matthews loved the Boston Celtics and playing video games, which is exactly how his family wanted to remember him at his wake on Sunday, WDSU reported.

Matthews' body was dressed in a Kyrie Irving Boston Celtics jersey and Celtics socks. He was posed to hold a video game controller while sitting next to some of his favorite food, photos showed.

We don't have wakes so I didn't know funeral homes will actually let you be displayed in a manner outside the normal open/closed casket deals.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Gamer in life, gamer in death.

We don't have wakes so I didn't know funeral homes will actually let you be displayed in a manner outside the normal open/closed casket deals.

Rest in Power-up

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

When I die, I want to be wired up to be eternally doing a kickflip.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what the gently caress don't pose a dead body jesus

when i die i want to have my ashed compressed into a diamond and then fired into deep space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I figured he died from a sickness or heart attack or something since they were displaying him like that, but the article says he died from being shot in the head so uh, yikes.

• Locked thread