Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bury me with my Buriza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

what the gently caress don't pose a dead body jesus

when i die i want to have my ashed compressed into a diamond and then fired into deep space

Mourn the dead how you want, it doesn't matter to them they're dead.

e: It's certainly a more respectful display than a bunch of dictators stuck in glass cases.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The White Dragon posted:

what the gently caress don't pose a dead body jesus

when i die i want to have my ashed compressed into a diamond and then fired into deep space

Same, but made into a diamond buttplug instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PYF gamer funerals (MGSV spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VofQjhpkJpY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My gravestone will read PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Mourn the dead how you want, it doesn't matter to them they're dead.

e: It's certainly a more respectful display than a bunch of dictators stuck in glass cases.

yea but don't you think having a corpse just sitting around is kinda unsanitary :v:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

yea but don't you think having a corpse just sitting around is kinda unsanitary :v:

The body is embalmed before a wake. He could probably sit there for a week or more.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i guess i wouldn't know, we're the kind of people who cremate

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

Especially Flammable?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah, not much room in Hawaii for dumping corpses. New Orleans is kind of unique in America in that they have jazz services for burials and use above ground tombs because the city is below the water line.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They actually build mausoleums so they can recruit 2 liches per week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

They actually build mausoleums so they can recruit 2 liches per week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PubrHoHpWbM&t=706s

Edit: Not the best tomb though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW21WM0mMO4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My headstone is just gonna say "insert credit to continue" and have a credit slot for a coin but it just goes to a coin tray at the bottom cause it's out of order

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Yeah, not much room in Hawaii for dumping corpses. New Orleans is kind of unique in America in that they have jazz services for burials and use above ground tombs because the city is below the water line.

The us virgin island do that too but they gotta stack bodies on toppa each other cause no room

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

My headstone is just gonna say "insert credit to continue" and have a credit slot for a coin but it just goes to a coin tray at the bottom cause it's out of order

mine's gonna drop those coins right in my coffin . get that money

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Going to start a business of selling land from overseas so people can bury the bodies of their close ones

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
God, I just want to be a cute Boo when I die. Just please give me that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I heard that when you die, your mii steals your soul

I'm gonna drive that car in coconut mall back and forth for 2 million years

(if you were bad you go to playstation home)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Help Im Alive posted:

(if you were bad you go to playstation home)

This probably does match up with some descriptions of the afterlife.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

haveblue posted:

My gravestone will read PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

a keyboard at the grave, with a single key

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my grave will be booby trapped so when you come to mourn me a trap door opens and you fall inside my casket and die too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In my will I added a clause to delete all of my save games and MMO characters after I die

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't find the wild arms 2 pic of the guy saying Your tombstone will read my tomorrow or w/e that line is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now I'm thinking about this one girl whose deviantart bio mentioned how she wanted to be buried. She had this whole thing planned out in her head where she wanted to be placed into a trap-filled tomb based off of yugioh and then at her actual resting place she'd have different parts of her body cremated and placed into jars with her favorite anime characters on them so that her heart was belong to whichever character she was in love with and stuff like that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Now I'm thinking about this one girl whose deviantart bio mentioned how she wanted to be buried. She had this whole thing planned out in her head where she wanted to be placed into a trap-filled tomb based off of yugioh and then at her actual resting place she'd have different parts of her body cremated and placed into jars with her favorite anime characters on them so that her heart was belong to whichever character she was in love with and stuff like that

good luck hiring a contractor to build a trap and a zoning board that clears it....or maybe she went grover

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ahhhhh i thought i set my deviantart profile to private !!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Iirc she wanted her yugioh deck buried with her and I think she wanted some of the cremains to be stored in urns marked by specific cards, like I guess exodia would be made up of her arms and legs and head or something to that effect, and man idk, I wish I could find that writeup but it's been over a decade since I initially saw it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I want my body parts scattered across the earth and a clause in my will that whoever brings them together with a drop of their blood receives their eternal reward (anime and my Nintendo power collection)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

good luck hiring a contractor to build a trap and a zoning board that clears it....or maybe she went grover

I used to think grovering was a bad idea. It's still a bad idea in meatspace, but in a game like Space Station 13, it's one of the best ideas.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Gamer in life, gamer in death.

We don't have wakes so I didn't know funeral homes will actually let you be displayed in a manner outside the normal open/closed casket deals.

That's weird as heck to me. We had a showing for my dad when he died and it was a busy but low-key night. Except for my shithead junkie cousin who nobody likes showing up and eating like 20 mini-sandwiches before leaving without saying a word.

Also my fiancee gets mega creeped out by wakes apparently so she had to bail after like 10 minutes because she was super uncomfortable

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bury My Shell at Wounded Knee.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Heh, sweet Skyrim reference

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

God, I just want to be a cute Boo when I die. Just please give me that.

You're halfway there already then, nice going

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml9L6l7Nfgc

marry me whip mai munny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
omikron: the nomad soul is a video game that exists

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which video game afterworld seems the most fun?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

omikron: the nomad soul is a video game that exists

The Deadly Premonition of its time.

Jay Rust posted:

The Oxenfree devs' new game Afterparty is about out partying satan to get out of hell. GOTY 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

The Deadly Premonition of its time.

imo deadly premonition is a lot more functional and less weird

• Locked thread