Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Surely at this point the whole plot has to be an elaborate troll by Amethyst about the fact she's making a game based off something she doesn't even enjoy as a series for a bunch of uber competitive people.

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
:pkmnwhy:

The best thing to be done with this game is to take it and throw it down into the deepest fiery pits of hell because that's where it belongs, and may it never see the light of day again.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It is friend. We were the foolish ones who went down to it's level for misguided amusement.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Ignoring all the what the actual gently caress going on here, wow Heather is insufferable. Like, I thought the idea was that her dad was borderline abusive and that we should feel sorry for her and poo poo, but she's basically just a big bully who acts like a five year old, and suddenly it's not so unreasonable that her dad was pissed off by her lovely disobedience. Hey rear end in a top hat, maybe he set a bunch of rules on you because your idea of 'friendship' is yelling at a timid girl until she agrees with your every whim.

Likable characters, I miss you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We are all Judas, frozen to the waist in ice and eternally being raked and bitten, tortured by the satanic being who is just as trapped as we are. This is our punishment for staring into the abyss, and betraying our own souls by witnessing this.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

TODAY'S RANDOM SHINY:

Even though I want to have sex with both Harley Quinn and with Gothitelle, combining the two makes it less arousing.

:stonk:

Posting this so you can't edit your shame away.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ZeButler posted:

So, she was yelling loud enough while being electrocuted to be heard halfway across what is basically a district? Am I getting this right? If that's the case, why the hell has no one investigated the orphanage and stopped this? I don't think any orphanage that has children screaming loud enough to be heard that far away would be allowed to operate.

On that topic, why the hell is Dr. Zappy even administering electro-shock therapy to someone whose only "disorder" is disobedience? That's not how a medical professional does things.

It could be a, thoroughly hamhanded, reference to ye olden times where "doctors" would give lobotomies to young women for no other reason than "hit puberty."

Mental health treatment in general has come a long way in... not very much time. Less than a century ago, asylums were still a thing. I'm not excusing Reborn because... mental health professionals don't do this kind of poo poo anymore.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Gridlocked posted:

:stonk:

Posting this so you can't edit your shame away.

Holy poo poo, actually missed this because I was so absorbed in how utterly terrible this game is... This could be worthy of a red text and an av to go with it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

PMush Perfect posted:

We are all Judas, frozen to the waist in ice and eternally being raked and bitten, tortured by the satanic being who is just as trapped as we are. This is our punishment for staring into the abyss, and betraying our own souls by witnessing this.

Not me!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Silver Falcon posted:

It could be a, thoroughly hamhanded, reference to ye olden times where "doctors" would give lobotomies to young women for no other reason than "hit puberty."

Mental health treatment in general has come a long way in... not very much time. Less than a century ago, asylums were still a thing. I'm not excusing Reborn because... mental health professionals don't do this kind of poo poo anymore.
Also she has a giant dragon that could tear him to pieces, and is just not using it for some reason.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't think this is worse than putting a real-life person's suicide in a game and then using that to throw shade at another IRL person you don't like.
But I mean, is it really a competition at this point?

I'm starting to feel like a terrible person for simply following this LP out of morbid curiosity and a love of Pokemon LPs that extends to lovely fangames.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I wonder what kind of reactions we'll all be having by the end, considering how this hellgame is rapidly tearing through increasingly severe reactions of :pkmnwhy:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

no but see actually it's good, and mature, and we're just whiny babies who want to use the easiest overpowered dudes and can't understand how deep and serious the story and characters are

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't think this is worse than putting a real-life person's suicide in a game and then using that to throw shade at another IRL person you don't like.
But I mean, is it really a competition at this point?

I'm starting to feel like a terrible person for simply following this LP out of morbid curiosity and a love of Pokemon LPs that extends to lovely fangames.

Ha! Well, you say that, from the interview, from the question "What else was based on real events?"

quote:

The easiest answer is "most things that don't directly involve the player character or team meteor." ...the orphanage issue resulted in an actual arrest, etcetcetc. Most of the game's story was just trying to patch all these miscellaneous events together in the first place.

Severely cut down.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mega64 posted:

What the hell is going on

Grizzwold posted:

I think this about sums up my current feelings:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ShootaBoy posted:

I wonder what kind of reactions we'll all be having by the end, considering how this hellgame is rapidly tearing through increasingly severe reactions of :pkmnwhy:

You'll be completely numb like me, I hope.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Onmi posted:

Ha! Well, you say that, from the interview, from the question "What else was based on real events?"

quote:

The easiest answer is "most things that don't directly involve the player character or team meteor." ...the orphanage issue resulted in an actual arrest, etcetcetc. Most of the game's story was just trying to patch all these miscellaneous events together in the first place.

Severely cut down.

... What. Why. What would...

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Onmi posted:

Ugh, because OF COURSE it loving is.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

PMush Perfect posted:

That was Satan himself; Judas was getting chewed up in Satan's mouth.

:goonsay:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Punished Fluffy Sheep: A Fallen Legend

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Onmi posted:

Punished Fluffy Sheep: A Fallen Legend
Hacks that kill
Would you play them for me?

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Fess up, who was it that slapped OFS with that wonderful av?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I've made several mistakes.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Well at least something good came out of this.
(That and the arts of course)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, at least some good came out of this thread. :allears:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It was a good use of :10bux:

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

I've made several mistakes.

ChrisBTY posted:

Well at least something good came out of this.
(That and the arts of course)

Some Numbers posted:

Well, at least some good came out of this thread. :allears:
I really needed something funny after that last update.

This works, now I can't stop laughing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That redtext is glorious. :allears:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So Dr. Psycho there has already been commented on a bunch, as has OFS' bad taste in comic book characters.

I'm gonna focus on the fact that the best special Ice type TM isn't in the game. Do they expect you to use Blizzard? If so, do they give you a hail setter, or are you expected to use a turn to set it up?

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 10, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

My guess is that it's meant for Victory Road only, and that hasn't been finished yet. So it's not in only in the sense that you can't get to where it's planned to show up yet.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

You were doomed ever since you lost the ability to love.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't think they (or at least Amethyst) don't expect anything.
She just does things.
Then her gross echo chamber tells her things are too easy.
So she makes them harder.
Then she finds Gen 7 pokemon that fit her idea.
And she puts those in there.
Forgetting she already made it harder.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So should we be worried about what they do with Gardevoir?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hunt11 posted:

So should we be worried about what they do with Gardevoir?

poo poo I forgot post-4th gym tv, for worrying things they do with Gardevoir.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

:pkmnwhy:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:five:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You will never forget your sins. God is watching and displeased.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
This whole bit redeemed the thread.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Thanks, whoever took OFS to the loving cleaners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Leraika posted:

Thanks, whoever took OFS to the loving cleaners

Yikes, kick a man while he's down.

With the clown, apparently.