Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Getting them to 7* for the first event was a lot of :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
*opens coffin lid*

*Sees that the boba fett movie will probably be postponed again due to SOLO bull crap and no new boba fett options in game for foreseeable future*

*closes coffin lid*

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

No one wants your one-line jobber movie.

*grumbles about Kenobi*

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Currently have an auto clicker opening 1 mil. friend points worth of bronziums. It's like a whole new farming location.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is there an auto clicker in the app store?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

PC, playing it on Blustacks

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

Currently have an auto clicker opening 1 mil. friend points worth of bronziums. It's like a whole new farming location.

congratulations on your impending 7* IG-86

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

The only full characters that opened were ones I had already 7-starred. Some more Veers shards, plenty of Snowtroops shards, misc. Jawa, Talia, Dooku, etc. I was hoping for much better in that department.

Just sub 9k shard shop currency though so there's that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sweet, we're getting more KOTOR characters.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/174811/the-road-ahead-july-5-2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I’m glad mods are getting reworked a bit. Having like 3 different tier systems was a huge pain in the rear end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

No Reven though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

twistedmentat posted:

No Reven though.

legendary character for sure within 6 mo

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jerkface posted:

legendary character for sure within 6 mo

Yeah, his absence is starting to feel pretty conspicuous at this point.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is Scions zeta any good for arena? It looks like it would be. I run EzPz, Vader, DN, and Thrawn

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

UmOk posted:

Is Scions zeta any good for arena? It looks like it would be. I run EzPz, Vader, DN, and Thrawn

The Scion TC's revolutionary interior design features best in class sound system and enough leg room to dance in your seat while you blast your beats.

Also yes, obviously, Sion's zeta is pretty much geared for Arena where it is a constant pain in the rear end for the opposing team, especially those with AOE abilities.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

It's literally mandatory if you plan on running sion.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, his absence is starting to feel pretty conspicuous at this point.

Yea I'd say on he and Malak are the real glaring omissions. I don't think anyones clamoring for Zalbraak, Mission or Carth.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What, you don't think Carth's passive-aggressive whininess endeared players to him?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I'd say on he and Malak are the real glaring omissions. I don't think anyones clamoring for Zalbraak, Mission or Carth.

We’re getting Mission and Zalbar though.

Which makes missing Carth and Canderous start to seem conspicuous and weird.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

CaptainPsyko posted:

We’re getting Mission and Zalbar though.

Which makes missing Carth and Canderous start to seem conspicuous and weird.

Well, they are both vets...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Yes, if that’s your team, then you absolutely need Sion’s zeta. The two main metas right now are the team you just described with a Sion zeta, and some JTR team.

Zeta Sion, and you can advance in arena, even if he’s only 4 Star. It made all the difference for my team.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Crumbletron posted:

Well, they are both vets...

Carth gonna be a Fleet Battle farm 2 months before Revan, requiring 7* :homebrew:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How should I use Wampa? I almost have it 7* and pretty well geared/modded and it seems to own hard, like one shotting most rebels. I don't see anyone using it in arena though so I'm curious what kind of team it fits into and what modes to use it in.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Just started playing this a few days ago, does either guild have room?

My ally code is 487-667-124

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

How should I use Wampa? I almost have it 7* and pretty well geared/modded and it seems to own hard, like one shotting most rebels. I don't see anyone using it in arena though so I'm curious what kind of team it fits into and what modes to use it in.

Slots onto a rex team real nicely.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Slots onto a rex team real nicely.

This is what I see on my shard too. The three main squads occupying the top 50 are EzPz --------------------> JTR ----->Rex/Wampa/GK/Thrawn/Nihlus grab bags.

Has anyone played around with GMY post-rework? Is his supporting cast still too weak for arena?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

This is what I see on my shard too. The three main squads occupying the top 50 are EzPz --------------------> JTR ----->Rex/Wampa/GK/Thrawn/Nihlus grab bags.

Has anyone played around with GMY post-rework? Is his supporting cast still too weak for arena?

He falls pretty shittily still, but one of the whales on my shard runs GMY jedi in arena now

he says it's fun, and he can take first pretty regularly so w/e.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Anyone got a link to those top squad lists btw?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

wampa is good in rex teams, palp teams, Vader teams, and traya teams.

in a rex team he is your win condition insurance primary damage source. generally you're moving to get dn to annihilate. if something happens you want wampa protected because he can womp opposing dn or anybody. very good to 1 shot enemy r2d2s and cls\rhan. if enemy let's wampa get out of hand he will run away with it. in ep\traya teams wampa is rebel insurance. you'd probably see wampa in place of Vader in an ep team or sion

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kingcom posted:

Anyone got a link to those top squad lists btw?

The EP Meta:
EP, DN, DS, Traya, SiT/Thrawn/Nest
EP, DN, DS, DV/GK, Thrawn/SiT/Tarkin/ShT/Nest

The Rey Meta:
JTR, BB8. R2, GK/Scav/Chopper/Nest/CLS/rHan/IPD/RT (pick 2)

The Rexy Thang:
Rex, DN/DS/Wampa/Nest/CLS/rHan/EP/MT/GK (pick 4)

The Traya Meta:
Traya, DN, DS, SiT/Nest/EP/MT/Wampa/SithA (pick 2)

acronyms:
EP = Emperor Palpatine
DN = Darth Nihilus
DS = Darth Sion
SiT = Sith Trooper
DV = Darth Vader
GK = General Kenobi
ShT = Shore Trooper
JTR = Jedi Training Rey
CLS = Commander Luke Skywalker
IPD = Imperial Probe Droid
RT = Resistance Trooper
MT = Mother Talzin

disclaimer:

This is top-end arena, here folks. These targets aren't realistic for starting players. EP squads are about the easiest to slap together for top-end meta and are a good starting target. Bridges to the EP meta are classic poo poo like Phoenix Squad, Wiggs, Nightsisters, etc.

You'll notice a lot of the same characters repeat. This is not an accident. Those toons have amazing kits and are mainstays of the arena meta. They're all likely to persist into the next meta or come back around in a future meta, so just get'em and max'em. Also, Mal's gonna read this and be "well akshually" and when he does I want everyone to dunk on his post.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 10, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Not Mal but i’ll Say that Sith Trooper, While very good under Traya, probably should be part of that /group with Thrawn/Nest and also throw in Wampa and Sith Assassin as common 4/5’s there.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

The EP Meta:
EP, DN, DS, Traya, SiT/Thrawn/Nest
EP, DN, DS, DV/GK, Thrawn/SiT/Tarkin/ShT/Nest

The Rey Meta:
JTR, BB8. R2, GK/Scav/Chopper/Nest/CLS/rHan/IPD/RT (pick 2)

The Rexy Thang:
Rex, DN/DS/Wampa/Nest/CLS/rHan/EP/MT/GK (pick 4)

The Traya Meta:
Traya, DN, DS, SiT, Nest/EP/MT

acronyms:
EP = Emperor Palpatine
DN = Darth Nihilus
DS = Darth Sion
SiT = Sith Trooper
DV = Darth Vader
GK = General Kenobi
ShT = Shore Trooper
JTR = Jedi Training Rey
CLS = Commander Luke Skywalker
IPD = Imperial Probe Droid
RT = Resistance Trooper
MT = Mother Talzin

disclaimer:

This is top-end arena, here folks. These targets aren't realistic for starting players. EP squads are about the easiest to slap together for top-end meta and are a good starting target. Bridges to the EP meta are classic poo poo like Phoenix Squad, Wiggs, Nightsisters, etc.

You'll notice a lot of the same characters repeat. This is not an accident. Those toons have amazing kits and are mainstays of the arena meta. They're all likely to persist into the next meta or come back around in a future meta, so just get'em and max'em. Also, Mal's gonna read this and be "well akshually" and when he does I want everyone to dunk on his post.

I know it's not "meta" but I run EP/Vader/Thrawn/DT/ShT and can get into the top 20 easily as a fully f2p player who is still working on Sion, although at the rate his shards drop I'll have Traya before he's 5*.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
my budget EP/DV/GMT/Thrawn/TFP does pretty well in my arena shard, its rough against other EP teams that actually have DS/DN up though

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, EZPZ with 4 imperials/sith is fine, but I'm trying to provide information on what is "the meta" which is pretty well set rn.

Captain's suggestions are cool and good too. Traya's meta isn't set in stone yet.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

This is helpful thanks! I've just hit level 85 so I'm kinda looking at what to build towards next.

I've got a solid EP, DV, Tarkin, Thrawn group so far but I'm not sure what to put in to round it off. I've got a stormtrooper in there at the moment but I could go for a TFP,Maul or a GK to fill it in. Any specific suggestions for someone who doesnt have a DS, DN or Traya any time soon?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

kingcom posted:

This is helpful thanks! I've just hit level 85 so I'm kinda looking at what to build towards next.

I've got a solid EP, DV, Tarkin, Thrawn group so far but I'm not sure what to put in to round it off. I've got a stormtrooper in there at the moment but I could go for a TFP,Maul or a GK to fill it in. Any specific suggestions for someone who doesnt have a DS, DN or Traya any time soon?

Id say tfp if you have a decent speedy crit mod set, or maul if you don't have the crit part. Tfp is great for an early ability block on their darth Vader, buff immunity can be useful, and with 5 debuffed enemies and a crit set mine can crit an EP for 30k

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kingcom posted:

TFP/stormie is okay for now, shore would be better.

You should be able to 3* the nihilus node with EP, so just pursue that, refresh it one/day, nihilus is usable from 3*, just gear him to 11.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAQnYyT0qc

Good breakdown of how the Triumvirate works, and exactly how their uniques interact to make them so nasty.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

TFP/stormie is okay for now, shore would be better.

You should be able to 3* the nihilus node with EP, so just pursue that, refresh it one/day, nihilus is usable from 3*, just gear him to 11.

Oh really that low huh? I've been farming DH, DS and shore's nodes but i'll starting spending some crystal to refresh them then I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kingcom posted:

Oh really that low huh? I've been farming DH, DS and shore's nodes but i'll starting spending some crystal to refresh them then I guess.

yeah, nihilus' kit is about control and protection scales off gear, not stars. So just load him up with prot primaries and he'll hold fine.

I used a 4* sion from 4-7*, he's also fine at G11, low stars.