Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Though never explicitly stated, it seems after Day of the Doctor that the whole temporal lock that very firmly divided the revival from the classic series is no longer quite so strict, and as a result River continually bumps into various earlier Doctors and has to do her best to manage them.

Probably the best was her meeting with 6 & 7, because she and 6 got on like a house on fire but 7 just infuriated her to no end because he wouldn't let her get one over on him/trick him into forgetting things he shouldn't know.
What I meant was how on Earth would 4 recognize, remember, and know River and that she's his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

What I meant was how on Earth would 4 recognize, remember, and know River and that she's his wife.

Might be the Curator. Or it's just Four being Four.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

me seeing the first Big Finish covers with the new logo: "oh wow this actually looks better, it frees up so much space! can't wait to see what they come up with next!"

one month later:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LividLiquid posted:

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Tim Burns Effect posted:

me seeing the first Big Finish covers with the new logo: "oh wow this actually looks better, it frees up so much space! can't wait to see what they come up with next!"

one month later:

Wow Ace has sure changed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh my god! That’s Dogbolter from the DWM comics!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Tim Burns Effect posted:

one month later:

The covers for 241 and 242 look nice, at least:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god! That’s Dogbolter from the DWM comics!

And Narvin. And the last time we heard Dogbolter in a BF, he was pursued by Frobisher.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Yes, keep the weirdness of 80s DWM comics alive! Doesn't look like we've seen heard :bick: since "No Place Like Home," which is a pity because they could probably do a lot of crazy Time War poo poo with him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

After The War posted:

Yes, keep the weirdness of 80s DWM comics alive! Doesn't look like we've seen heard :bick: since "No Place Like Home," which is a pity because they could probably do a lot of crazy Time War poo poo with him.

Well, Feyde is featuring in the current DWM comic, having apparently gone a bit loopy. It’s also got this great bit of artwork for the Time War:

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 10, 2018

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The_Doctor posted:

Well, Feyde is featuring in the current DWM comic, having apparently gone a bit loopy. It’s also got this great bit of artwork for the Time War:

Yeah, reading that summary made me a bit loopy myself.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The_Doctor posted:

I have no idea what's going on in this picture, but then again it IS the Time War.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

I didn’t know they were drawing War Doc as young John Hurt. That owns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

As always, the answer is because he loving rules and is the best :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I didn’t know they were drawing War Doc as young John Hurt. That owns.

It was shown on screen that the Doctor started as young Hurt.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gaz-L posted:

It was shown on screen that the Doctor started as young Hurt.

I know, I just didn’t know the comics were following suit instead of just depicting him as he appeared in the 50th special.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This is just a single (awesome) panel of 12 reminiscing about Feyde and the Time War sadly, rather than a full young War Doctor comic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

New season of Doctor Who lookin real fly

oh snap, they're doing The One Doctor as live action?! :aaa:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Every now and then, quotes from these Eight audios makes my skin crawl a little. Specifically "I'm not currently a glamorous woman" and something Charlie says along the lines of "you won't be happy until you've thrown your life away in some pointlessly noble manner." I understand the first is a riff on The Rani and the second is just a constant part of Eight's characterization, but looking back after Night of the Doctor and Thirteen and finding foreshadowing is kind of unnerving :stare:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah, found a full version. So good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Those eyebrows! :swoon:

Chokes McGee posted:

Every now and then, quotes from these Eight audios makes my skin crawl a little. Specifically "I'm not currently a glamorous woman" and something Charlie says along the lines of "you won't be happy until you've thrown your life away in some pointlessly noble manner." I understand the first is a riff on The Rani and the second is just a constant part of Eight's characterization, but looking back after Night of the Doctor and Thirteen and finding foreshadowing is kind of unnerving :stare:

I actually find it all rather sweet now, given so much was written with it in mind that the 8th Doctor was going to be the one who eventually "fell" so they started writing him a bit more morose and angry, but we now know that in the end he held onto that hopeful nature of his to the very end :unsmith:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Speaking of The Time War, Time War Vol 2 is out now

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The_Doctor posted:

Ah, found a full version. So good.

Needs more Kirby Krackles.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I really wasn't expecting to put off finishing Four to Doomsday for a week, but things have been busy enough and 3 episodes in and I'm not especially invested in finding out how it ends. The plot so far isn't necessarily bad, but it's not particularly great either.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

Those eyebrows! :swoon:

I actually find it all rather sweet now, given so much was written with it in mind that the 8th Doctor was going to be the one who eventually "fell" so they started writing him a bit more morose and angry, but we now know that in the end he held onto that hopeful nature of his to the very end :unsmith:

Yeah. He went out in true romance style, which is how it should've gone down. :hai:

Inventing a doctor whole cloth because Eccelson didn't want to come back is probably one of the most the risky but brilliant moves I've ever seen and I still have no clue how any of that worked I do, it was John Hurt

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of The Time War, Time War Vol 2 is out now

Time War 2: Time War Harder

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Time War 3: Let's do the Time War Again

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Time War With A Vengeance. A Deadly Vengeance. THE DEADLY VENGEANCE OF DEADLY...REVENGE

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi! I heard the thirteenth doctor was a lady doctor, has she had any new episodes yet?

No?

How about now?

No?

Now?

No? :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

docbeard posted:

Time War With A Vengeance. A Deadly Vengeance. THE DEADLY VENGEANCE OF DEADLY...REVENGE

OF DEATH *twang*

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Chokes McGee posted:

Hi! I heard the thirteenth doctor was a lady doctor, has she had any new episodes yet?

No?

How about now?

No?

Now?

No? :smith:

OCTOBER.

but we may get a trailer after SDCC.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

As always, the answer is because he loving rules and is the best :allears:
If they don't explain it, I hope we get the same kind of cheeky non-explanation like Worf in Trials and Tribulations. Address it, but never explain it. It can be four's version of the master's "I lived."

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

LividLiquid posted:

If they don't explain it, I hope we get the same kind of cheeky non-explanation like Worf in Trials and Tribulations. Address it, but never explain it. It can be four's version of the master's "I lived."

We already have "I'll explain later" as a go-to

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
"It's a long story"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Close thread, we've peaked.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Box of Bunnies posted:

We already have "I'll explain later" as a go-to

What’s that watermelon doing there?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The_Doctor posted:

If the Daleks had pelvises...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Series 3 of the First Doctor Adventures announced! With a very special guest star...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God that second story is going to have Ian use his 1960s karate chop and judo flip to defeat Samurai :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God that second story is going to have Ian use his 1960s karate chop and judo flip to defeat Samurai :vince:

:hai: Shogun World it's not going to be...

• Locked thread