Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's extra funny because DHA is in the process of absorbing all medical commands and surgeons general and a unified set of PT tests is on the menu. That's 5+ years away but still :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Retardog posted:

My physical therapist made me promise her that I'll never do another sit-up outside of a PT test. And because I live the Army Values, I'm gonna keep my word

Why are you doing situps? My APFT is 35 pushups followed by a short bike ride. I'm done in less than 20 minutes.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
It's awesome coming back from leave and finding out you have to work through the weekend at the last minute because a particular S3 CPT is awful at his job and didn't publish an order.

Now he's publishing a "Frago" for an order that doesn't exist.

I dug through the BDE orders distro in my email, theyve had the BDE order for 3 months.

15 days off and coming back to work 12 days straight. gently caress the Army.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

Why are you doing situps? My APFT is 35 pushups followed by a short bike ride. I'm done in less than 20 minutes.

Because I'm gonna make one last attempt at doing a warrant packet this fall, and if it doesn't go through, then I'm gonna get a bike/no situps profile and coast until I retire or get a DAC job.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
:laffo: that new PT test is CrossFit af

Not that it will ever happen but if it does :laffo:

gently caress you if you're still in, smoke weed erryday if you're out

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mustang posted:

It's awesome coming back from leave and finding out you have to work through the weekend at the last minute because a particular S3 CPT is awful at his job and didn't publish an order.

Now he's publishing a "Frago" for an order that doesn't exist.

I dug through the BDE orders distro in my email, theyve had the BDE order for 3 months.

i'm legally prohibited from working more than 40 hours a week on my contract

my hours are 6:30am-2:30pm

i get 22.5 days a year off currently and all federal holidays

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

Have you thought about just short timing it like gently caress? Show up late, leave early, take your weekend anyway and when asked point at the retard, tell them that's his section. What are they gonna do, fire you?

I've seen people too incompetent to have a rifle, who then had their rifle taken away before crossing the LD get taken into the shooty part of a war. You'll be fine, just tell them your cac or e-mail is down. Live the peter principle.

It is almost impossible to get fired in the military. You have to kill or rape the wrong people. Even then you're not garaunteed jail time or loss of benefits.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 9, 2018

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Retardog posted:

Because I'm gonna make one last attempt at doing a warrant packet this fall, and if it doesn't go through, then I'm gonna get a bike/no situps profile and coast until I retire or get a DAC job.

Good luck. Get a 42 series buddy to help you with the packet.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I am a 42, what I need is a buddy to work out with consistently.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Retardog posted:

I am a 42, what I need is a buddy to work out with consistently.

You going back to Jackson any time? I'm debating going to some graduations there.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I don’t have anything scheduled there soon, but it’s only about 90 minutes south of here

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Steezo posted:

Have you thought about just short timing it like gently caress? Show up late, leave early, take your weekend anyway and when asked point at the retard, tell them that's his section. What are they gonna do, fire you?

I've seen people too incompetent to have a rifle, who then had their rifle taken away before crossing the LD get taken into the shooty part of a war. You'll be fine, just tell them your cac or e-mail is down. Live the peter principle.

It is almost impossible to get fired in the military. You have to kill or rape the wrong people. Even then you're not garaunteed jail time or loss of benefits.

One reason I don't want to is I want to get good letters of recommendation from the people I have/currently work for. I've started studying for the GMAT to hopefully start an MBA program in fall 2019. Planning on completing my applications by this winter.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lie to them and say you're thinking about applying sooner than later, get the letters, and then sit on them. Then be a layabout. Sham it up sir

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mods change my name posted:

i'll toxx on this never being used army wide

quote:

One decision that’s already been made, Frost added, is that because there are no age-based standards for this test, field-grade leadership will be held to the same standards as their joes.

“You must pass the Army Combat Fitness Test to have the privilege to lead soldiers as a commander or command sergeant major at the battalion or brigade level,” he said.

Yeah...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

i'll toxx on this never being used army wide

If this ever ends up being adopted army wide, I'll put the loving uniform back on.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McNally posted:

If this ever ends up being adopted army wide, I'll put the loving uniform back on.
:toxx:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Spoiler: the uniform will be a union civil war uniform flipping us off or something

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Three deadlift reps in five minutes?

You might as well just do it once if that’s your timeframe.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
You do three to catch the people with spinal injuries who have a 1 in 3 chance of blowing their backs out.

Kidding aside, if the standards aren’t nuts, every one of these events is less horrible to me than 2 minutes of sit-ups.

But it’s going to make PT tests and test prep a nightmare, just from an equipment perspective.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

just lol if you never gave yourself TBI in a fit of rage

:smith::hf::smith:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

mlmp08 posted:

Kidding aside, if the standards aren’t nuts, every one of these events is less horrible to me than 2 minutes of sit-ups.

Yeah, I resembled a partially shaved gorilla and all of that sounds waaaaay easier.

gently caress sit ups.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sit-ups were the event that were the easiest for me to max. Until I seriously injured my back. Yay.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

not caring here posted:

Yeah, I resembled a partially shaved gorilla and all of that sounds waaaaay easier.

gently caress sit ups.

Christ, drop the 2-miler for something actually combat oriented and I'd be in serious danger of hitting the extended scale without trying.

EDIT: gently caress, the deadlift maxes at 420? For real?

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 10, 2018

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's a lot of skinny little dudes around that will never, ever, be able to lift 420.

Give it a few years and no one will be able to lift 420. Someone will get the bright idea of doing deadlift reps to counts like it was the loving bend and reach, and now everyone is a cripple.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
More like if you cant do 420 instead of one of the lower weights or whatever it is, you're a piece of poo poo on remedial pt and you're gonna have to get in on the steroid club and buy them from one of the weird e6s in your unit

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

not caring here posted:

There's a lot of skinny little dudes around that will never, ever, be able to lift 420.

Give it a few years and no one will be able to lift 420. Someone will get the bright idea of doing deadlift reps to counts like it was the loving bend and reach, and now everyone is a cripple.

I'm assuming it's going to be based off height/weight.

Genderless standards are going to be the interesting part. The difference between a 5 foot 8 inch dude deadlifting and a woman is pretty freaking massive.

Same with running with two 40 pound kettle bells. lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
If deadlift scoring maxed at some rather high number, you absolutely know it would increase injuries due to prickwaving or commanders/CSMs demanding tip top scores.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

Based on bodyweight though, which means people like you and me would be be maxing it out with warm-up weight.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

I've had my out of office message on outlook saying I'm on leave since the day I left, why the gently caress does brigade think I might do some work on leave just because they try to call me or text me while I'm on leave.

Whatever these arbitrary deadlines are I sure as poo poo wasn't told about them before the BDE wide block leave period. Not my loving problem.

During my hike yesterday I had no signal, however once I got to the top I had a couple bars and almost immediately some rear end in a top hat from BDE called me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I feel like deadlifts are more dangerous than the Army thinks

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
As long as you have ok form, warm up first, familiarize yourself and ramp up the weight incrementally they're fine. So yeah, there's going to be a lot of hernias

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

As long as you have ok form, warm up first, familiarize yourself and ramp up the weight incrementally they're fine. So yeah, there's going to be a lot of hernias

Not an emptyquote. You're not gonna blow a disc from heavy poo poo, you're gonna do it loving around with some light warm-up weight because you're not taking it seriously. Been there, done that.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Speaking of backs: https://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I got this at target and it does a pretty good job.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mlmp08 posted:

Sit-ups were the event that were the easiest for me to max. Until I seriously injured my back. Yay.

Same. Always struggled on pushups and the run. Always enough wiggle room but never in the clear like situps were.

Come to find out, probably not good to do with a herniated disc

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pt will consist of running to the gym across post, everyone doing a bunch of deadlifts, and running back.

Broken knees and backs simultaneously.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

you're gonna run there with their kettlebells because A: they're on your hand receipt, B: the gym doesn't have enough for everybody, and C: shows heart

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You pair sound like sergeants major with that go getter hard charger attitude.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Even though deadlifts will be decided by height/weight, units will determine an unofficial standard (just like 270 on the old test) and hold everyone accountable to that standard if they want any sort of favorable action. More than one person will end up blowing out a disc because they wanted to go to the board.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I'm waiting to see this completely be undermined by senior leadership. So glad I'm out in December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

This S3 CPT is a loving liability holy poo poo. It's absurd that someone with almost a decade in the Army is so awful at their job.

Idiot sent out a timeline after everyone had left that had a hit time the next morning before anyone had checked their email.

He doesn't do anything illegal or unethical and passes APFTs so there's nothing to do about him. The Army is stuck with him until he gets passed over for MAJ.

I think I'm going to call him out about his FRAGORD not having a corresponding OPORD.