Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just have a hard time believing any one figure is going to Unite The Right because they are by nature authoritarian dipshits who are all siloed under their own cliques led by someone who considers themselves the Big Hitler. the closest they got is Trump and while he emboldened them for a bit they've gone back to petty squabbling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
maybe these gun stoners should get a drat job :corsair:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

You can thank Jordan Peterson for that bit of lunacy

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

hackbunny posted:

You can thank Jordan Peterson for that bit of lunacy

It was a pop-science “fact” in the 90s: Desmond Morris makes a similar claim in a Discovery Channel series he did back then. But it turns out biologists can’t understand history and none of them ever thought about how men wore makeup in the past or about how makeup was mostly for men in the past.

I’m sure this lump got it straight from jorp though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

business hammocks posted:

It was a pop-science “fact” in the 90s: Desmond Morris makes a similar claim in a Discovery Channel series he did back then. But it turns out biologists can’t understand history and none of them ever thought about how men wore makeup in the past or about how makeup was mostly for men in the past.

I'd pay good money to see the biotruthers try to process Dandies and historical genocidal lunatics who spent 2 hours a day dressing

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

I'd pay good money to see the biotruthers try to process Dandies and historical genocidal lunatics who spent 2 hours a day dressing

I know men who do that now. Some of them are probably potential genocidal maniacs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sepeku/status/1013137156347342848
https://twitter.com/sepeku/status/1014216146914983936
https://twitter.com/saraterror/status/1014217021234470912
https://twitter.com/saraterror/status/1014217798904512512

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

This also applied to wearing heels, incidentally.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol love these freaks

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/1016772181966163968

https://twitter.com/PG_SamuraiPanda/status/1016190763904978944

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
WTF is Pan-Chan and who's the gross nerd with the boob/butt mousepads?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

what’s fgc?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

fighting game community

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Fighting Game Community.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Al! posted:

i just have a hard time believing any one figure is going to Unite The Right because they are by nature authoritarian dipshits who are all siloed under their own cliques led by someone who considers themselves the Big Hitler. the closest they got is Trump and while he emboldened them for a bit they've gone back to petty squabbling

If anything, we're liable to see even more splits. At this moment off the top of my head, I can see the following factions in the right-wing sphere:

1. Traditional GOP conservatives who aren't totally insane/corrupt and are actively fighting what the party has become (like Bob Corker and Jeff Flake).

2. Modern GOP conservatives who are fully on board the Trump train because they get money and power by supporting whoever the incumbent is, no matter how vile.

3. Evangelicals trying to convert everyone to their specific brand of Christianity with little concern for candidates beyond who seems the most like them.

4. Corrupt businessmen who will support whoever gives them the most power and money.

5. Kekistanis with a terminal case of irony poisoning who are trying to be subversive for attention.

6. Racist militia groups trying to keep out immigrants, who may or may not support the federal government depending on what day it is.

7. Incels, MRAs, MGTOW, and other people who became anti-women because they can't get laid.

8. White nationalists who are afraid to actually be termed Nazis (think Richard Spencer).

9. Overt, dangerous Nazis.

10. The KKK.

5 through 10 are all pretty open to authoritarian strongmen and all but 1 will fall in line with Republicans as long as they're the party they keeps working for them, but otherwise very few of them have anything seriously in common and may hate each other.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yes. It is an allegorical movie that predicts the upcoming WWIII in Europe, to fight back Islamic invasion. I am being very serious, no joking at all.

The island represents EU. Look at the map does it look like EU flag?

There are early birds and late birds on the island, which represent hardworking countries like Germany and lazy countries like Greece.

The “Anger management lesson” represents the liberalism in Europe that urge people to treat everything with love.

Also, the teacher is one of the few pure-white birds in the movie. This represents the “white-guilty”.

Then there is the doctor, whose skin color matches Israel flag perfectly. The doctor’s name is Weinstein, which is a Jewish name.

Then watch the art that these birds create. All the things hanging on the wall represents left-wing ideology. Diversity, LGBT etc.

However, the red bird is the only one creating artworks that represents heroism, which has been seen as war crime in contemporary European culture.

Then there is the free hug bird. Also this guy is pure white.

The red bird couldn’t cross the road and had to wait so long for an old woman. If she let him cross first, it wouldn’t affect the old woman at all. This is satirical to the low-efficiency of the society in Europe of too much welfare.

Finally, the arrival of a ship of pigs broke the peaceful life of the birds. There is a frame in the movie that shows the world map drawn by the birds, and the only thing on the map is the bird island, which ridicules Europeans ignoring the threat from outside. I couldn’t find a screenshot for this frame on the internet, but it happens when the pigs were attacking the village.

The pigs coming from a ship represents the refugees.

The king of the pigs have a “Muslim beard” that didn’t exist in the original mobile game. And of obviously, some TNT on the ship. Green is the color of Islam, and pig is very sensitive to Muslims. What does a green pig mean?

The angle of his staff looks like the new moon symbol of Islam.

When the birds are shocked by the number of pigs on the ship, the king comforted them by showing those pigs only came to bring joy and love. They did the cowboy dance that the birds have never seen. All the pigs are male, and most of the refugees are young men.

Also, the angle of this hat, the new moon & star symbol of Islam.

However, some of the pigs lust for the female birds, like the rapes conducted by refugees in Germany and Sweden.

Then when the pigs were playing with the eggs, the sheriff of the bird stopped the red bird from being angry and suspicious: “You are making our guests feeling uncomfortable!”

And the bird sheriff looks exactly like Angela Merkel.

Also the red bird striped her cloak off to show other birds that she was standing on the top of another bird, which ridicules the liberals standing on the “highland of morals” to blame anyone against their wills.

Then the story moves on. More and more pigs arrived on the island, even exceeding the number of birds. On one night, they attracted all the birds to a concert and bombed their homes. This is Paris attack.

The pigs stole the bird eggs away. Eggs are the offsprings of the birds. Europe has very low fertility rate for decades, and some say immigration of young people from outside world can save the aging demographics of Europe from bankrupting on welfare. However, the immigrants are using more welfare than what they create in Europe. The percentage of population of native Europeans is constantly decreasing because of muslim immigration. The stealing of eggs is an analogy to the “gradual genocide by immigration with high fertility rate”.

The three birds that knew the problem first are in the color order of Germany flag. Every bird has all three color elements. Look at the eyebrow, hair and beak. This represents in WWIII, Germany will fight on the same side as other European countries.

Another possible interpretation is the black bird represents black people, and the yellow swift bird represents East Asians. They are fighting on the same side against radical Islam. When the birds were building the ship, the yellow bird built it in an incredible speed, like how the economy of China went.

The mighty eagle of course, is the United States. It lives far away and keeps the peace of the bird island, like NATO. All the birds couldn’t fly except the Mighty Eagle, which means Europe has almost lost its militaristic ability since WWII.

However, the Might Eagle is retired/tired and pisses into the Lake of Wisdom. This shows America is not as strong as it was before (Coincidence to #Make America Great Again). The Mighty Eagle has 13 trophies, which represents the 13 states in the beginning of the United States. The eagle wallows in its brilliance before, just like America.

When the other birds need help, the Mighty Eagle didn’t react right away and decides to let the birds fight first. This resembles the prevailing isolationism in America.

After the catastrophe happened, the birds finally realized that the vigilance of the red bird since the beginning is correct. So the red bird became the leader. This represents people of Europe will elect far right wing leaders when things are messed up.

The red bird: “Our ancestors are dinosaurs!” This will be the rise of white-supremacism and new Nazi. The new political correctness became anger instead of love in the new world order.

When the birds arrived onto the pig island, they were surprised that the pigs were still in the form of kingdom. The bird island has democracy, but the pigs don’t. Another perfect allegory. In the pig kingdom there is a big board that writes “Hamnesty International” but this scene flashes out very quickly within a second. I guess this is the most direct parody in the film.

(It’s very hard to find any screenshots from movie in this part. Please go watch the movie if you haven’t)

When the Mighty Eagle watched the birds fighting on the pig island, he finally decided to pick up his glory again and fight for the birds. This predicts the USA will help eventually just as it did in WWI and WWII.

Then of course they won and took their eggs back. There is no doubt that Europe and USA will win WWIII. The red bird is honored as the hero.

Also, this movie indicates a fight back from conservatives in the libral-dominated Hollywood. The script writer Jon Vetti went to the rally of Chris Christie in New Hampshire this Feburary and will probably vote for Donald Trump in November. Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view

Let’s just wait for the future to prove this. The Angry Birds Movie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Well the Angry Birds Movie is objectively racist.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

chitoryu12 posted:

If anything, we're liable to see even more splits. At this moment off the top of my head, I can see the following factions in the right-wing sphere:

1. Traditional GOP conservatives who aren't totally insane/corrupt and are actively fighting what the party has become (like Bob Corker and Jeff Flake).

this is not a thing. those two have voted close to 100% in line with trump’s priorities and have supported and lauded his achievements. for things like the Muslim ban and family separation they were conspicuously silent. you are being suckered; corker, flake and the rest of the “principled” conservatives are merely building a brand to survive the inevitable backlash to trump and get kudos from stupid Dems. compare Richard Painter, a #nevertrump guy who happened to be bush’s personal ethics lawyer, and who is challenging a democratic senate incumbent from the right and earning support from clueless #resistance dems.

these people are grifting you, they do not oppose trump in any meaningful sense, and both of the guys you mentioned voted to kill the ACA and for the tax cut and gorsuch.

there’s a place for principled center-right conservatives who care about ethics and morals and decency: it’s the same home they’ve had since 1980, the Democratic Party

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Factional splits within the Republican party don't matter because they never withhold support from a Republican president's agenda unless they think it's not reactionary enough. It only matters during primaries, and there's not gonna be one in 2020.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I've been waiting for the inherent contradictions of the Republican party (its corporate, theocratic, and nativist wings) to manifest and tear it apart since 1980. It ain't happening. They're all united, root and branch, behind the importance of electing Republicans and dumpstering Democrats at every opportunity.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Yes. It is an allegorical movie that predicts the upcoming WWIII in Europe, to fight back Islamic invasion. I am being very serious, no joking at all.

There are early birds and late birds on the island, which represent hardworking countries like Germany and lazy countries like Greece.

The “Anger management lesson” represents the liberalism in Europe that urge people to treat everything with love.

Also, the teacher is one of the few pure-white birds in the movie. This represents the “white-guilty”.

Then there is the doctor, whose skin color matches Israel flag perfectly. The doctor’s name is Weinstein, which is a Jewish name.

Then watch the art that these birds create. All the things hanging on the wall represents left-wing ideology. Diversity, LGBT etc.

However, the red bird is the only one creating artworks that represents heroism, which has been seen as war crime in contemporary European culture.

The red bird couldn’t cross the road and had to wait so long for an old woman. If she let him cross first, it wouldn’t affect the old woman at all. This is satirical to the low-efficiency of the society in Europe of too much welfare.

Finally, the arrival of a ship of pigs broke the peaceful life of the birds. There is a frame in the movie that shows the world map drawn by the birds, and the only thing on the map is the bird island, which ridicules Europeans ignoring the threat from outside. I couldn’t find a screenshot for this frame on the internet, but it happens when the pigs were attacking the village.

The king of the pigs have a “Muslim beard” that didn’t exist in the original mobile game. And of obviously, some TNT on the ship. Green is the color of Islam, and pig is very sensitive to Muslims. What does a green pig mean?

When the birds are shocked by the number of pigs on the ship, the king comforted them by showing those pigs only came to bring joy and love. They did the cowboy dance that the birds have never seen. All the pigs are male, and most of the refugees are young men.

However, some of the pigs lust for the female birds, like the rapes conducted by refugees in Germany and Sweden.

Then when the pigs were playing with the eggs, the sheriff of the bird stopped the red bird from being angry and suspicious: “You are making our guests feeling uncomfortable!”

Also the red bird striped her cloak off to show other birds that she was standing on the top of another bird, which ridicules the liberals standing on the “highland of morals” to blame anyone against their wills.

Then the story moves on. More and more pigs arrived on the island, even exceeding the number of birds. On one night, they attracted all the birds to a concert and bombed their homes. This is Paris attack.

The pigs stole the bird eggs away. Eggs are the offsprings of the birds. Europe has very low fertility rate for decades, and some say immigration of young people from outside world can save the aging demographics of Europe from bankrupting on welfare. However, the immigrants are using more welfare than what they create in Europe. The percentage of population of native Europeans is constantly decreasing because of muslim immigration. The stealing of eggs is an analogy to the “gradual genocide by immigration with high fertility rate”.

The three birds that knew the problem first are in the color order of Germany flag. Every bird has all three color elements. Look at the eyebrow, hair and beak. This represents in WWIII, Germany will fight on the same side as other European countries.

Another possible interpretation is the black bird represents black people, and the yellow swift bird represents East Asians. They are fighting on the same side against radical Islam. When the birds were building the ship, the yellow bird built it in an incredible speed, like how the economy of China went.

The mighty eagle of course, is the United States. It lives far away and keeps the peace of the bird island, like NATO. All the birds couldn’t fly except the Mighty Eagle, which means Europe has almost lost its militaristic ability since WWII.

However, the Might Eagle is retired/tired and pisses into the Lake of Wisdom. This shows America is not as strong as it was before (Coincidence to #Make America Great Again). The Mighty Eagle has 13 trophies, which represents the 13 states in the beginning of the United States. The eagle wallows in its brilliance before, just like America.

When the other birds need help, the Mighty Eagle didn’t react right away and decides to let the birds fight first. This resembles the prevailing isolationism in America.

After the catastrophe happened, the birds finally realized that the vigilance of the red bird since the beginning is correct. So the red bird became the leader. This represents people of Europe will elect far right wing leaders when things are messed up.

The red bird: “Our ancestors are dinosaurs!” This will be the rise of white-supremacism and new Nazi. The new political correctness became anger instead of love in the new world order.

When the birds arrived onto the pig island, they were surprised that the pigs were still in the form of kingdom. The bird island has democracy, but the pigs don’t. Another perfect allegory. In the pig kingdom there is a big board that writes “Hamnesty International” but this scene flashes out very quickly within a second. I guess this is the most direct parody in the film.

(It’s very hard to find any screenshots from movie in this part. Please go watch the movie if you haven’t)

When the Mighty Eagle watched the birds fighting on the pig island, he finally decided to pick up his glory again and fight for the birds. This predicts the USA will help eventually just as it did in WWI and WWII.

Then of course they won and took their eggs back. There is no doubt that Europe and USA will win WWIII. The red bird is honored as the hero.

Also, this movie indicates a fight back from conservatives in the libral-dominated Hollywood. The script writer Jon Vetti went to the rally of Chris Christie in New Hampshire this Feburary and will probably vote for Donald Trump in November. Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view

You gotta link to the original reply, the text alone doesn't do justice to the sheer insanity of it. The juxtaposition between the claims and the actual images is amazing:
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-new-“Angry-Birds”-movie-a-veiled-criticism-of-mass-immigration

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Jul 10, 2018

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
how mad were they at zootopia

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

FMguru posted:

I've been waiting for the inherent contradictions of the Republican party (its corporate, theocratic, and nativist wings) to manifest and tear it apart since 1980. It ain't happening. They're all united, root and branch, behind the importance of electing Republicans and dumpstering Democrats at every opportunity.

this is it. the entire animating principle of the right wing in this country is spite for the Libs and as long as Libs exist that spite will glue them together, no matter how wildly disparate their agendas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Republican party is also a real political party, whereas the Democrats are like a chamber of commerce for urban capital.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

compare Richard Painter, a #nevertrump guy who happened to be bush’s personal ethics lawyer, and who is challenging a democratic senate incumbent from the right and earning support from clueless #resistance dems.

I'm in MN, and this take is not really on point. Every Painter supporter I know comes from the "gently caress the establishment" wing of Jill Stein voting Our Revolution fuckups, because he hates all the right people. They handwave away that he was center right because he supports the right stuff now and just don't get that he's grifting. He is absolutely coming at Tina Smith from the populist left.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

People have been smearing themselves with pigments for thousands and thousands of years, on both sides of the pre-Columbian divide. It's about looking cool and distinctive. It has nothing to do with vaginas or orgasms.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Shut the gently caress Up

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I was waiting for those huge spaces between lines to fill up with screenshots.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Sir this is a combination Taco Bell Pizza Hut. If you want Taco Bell you will have to go to the other line

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

thank I cum

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wasn’t that text from a Molyneux review (Stephen or Peter—whichever one has the racist podcast)?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
a building being renovated into a restaurant in junction city, oregon (near eugene) "exploded and burst into flames early monday, blowing glass shards up to 400 feet away."

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRtq0PHwcik

Authorities, including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Junction City police are investigating the cause of the explosion and fire. A swastika and a racial slur were found spray painted at the scene.

Junction City Police Chief Bob Morris said the cause of the fire is suspicious. Authorities on Monday had not been able to contact the building’s owners.

State business records show Devon and Irene Huntley bought the building at Seventh and Ivy Street in 2015. Morris said the couple was renovating the building, which had been used as an insurance office, to become a restaurant.

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20180709/junction-city-building-explodes-catches-fire-monday-racial-slur-symbol-found-on-building
i'd reckon the owners are black

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

thread on patriot/militia "cause shopping"

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1013202121330552832
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1013203493950128128
more...

basic theory is that the movement is weak because of so many different causes. antifa, QAnon, border, land issues, gun control and school shootings (with militia members offering to guard schools), pedo rings controlled by Soros/Clinton. whoever can get all these guys on the same page and on a single mission will control that mission and accrue donations.

So what you're saying is conditions are right for another Rapid Narrative Collapse Event ala Malheur.

I would concur with that analysis. And since this is going to be heavily-armed wackos pointing guns at antifa instead of heavily armed federal agents- the odds of something terrible happening here are pretty significant.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 06:14 on Jul 11, 2018

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i dont see the narrative collapsing soon. trump being in tune with them means they actually have someone that espouses their same worldviews, so while in the past when a republican came into power like with bush they largely got ignored but they didn't have anybody to rail against they'd fade away they're more emboldened under trump. along with that if the dems retake the house in november you can be sure that will rile them back up, especially if it sees socialists making headway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FMguru posted:

if trump lovely awfulness starts burning the economy down. it might break the GOP apart more, at least the corporate wing.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

thread on patriot/militia "cause shopping"

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1013202121330552832
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1013203493950128128
more...

basic theory is that the movement is weak because of so many different causes. antifa, QAnon, border, land issues, gun control and school shootings (with militia members offering to guard schools), pedo rings controlled by Soros/Clinton. whoever can get all these guys on the same page and on a single mission will control that mission and accrue donations.

it helps also that these dudes fight with each other a ton same as the alt right does. they won't unite because they all want to be the big hero of their private little war.

Kung Food
Dec 11, 2006

PORN WIZARD
Drunk rear end in a top hat berates a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt while cop stands by literally 10 feet away and just watches:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puerto-rico-t-shirt-harassment-cook-county-forest-preserves-park-illinois/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5-_LQOtSQ

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Kung Food posted:

Drunk rear end in a top hat berates a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt while cop stands by literally 10 feet away and just watches:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puerto-rico-t-shirt-harassment-cook-county-forest-preserves-park-illinois/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5-_LQOtSQ

"you're not gonna change us"

it's really just 1488 all the way down isnt it

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
he is in the top echelon of cops because he only did nothing, instead of joining in

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HorrificExistence posted:

"you're not gonna change us"

it's really just 1488 all the way down isnt it

"We don't own Puerto Rico. Aren't you educated?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The cop just turning his loving head until her brother tries to get the guy to back off, at which point he warns the brother.

Nuke this country.