Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Please stop sending us death threats we're still people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd like brand twitter better if it was more "Here's a coupon for a free thing" and less "Here's a pop culture reference drawn on a napkin with condiments".
that's what it used to be like. the notable exception five or six years ago was the account for Denny's, and it was widely mocked for trying too hard. but crap tends to rise to the top so every single brand copied their "success"

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Jul 8, 2018

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Not bad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how do you interview to become a branded twitter shitposter

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

Probably you have to know someone who already does it.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Shear Modulus posted:

Just do it and then get popular and then threaten to start tweeting slurs if they don't pay you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shear Modulus posted:

you have to defeat the previous brand spokesmortal in twitter combat

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
https://twitter.com/margeincharge/status/1016740188897280002

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how bout an unwoke brand

https://twitter.com/thedicedog/status/1015915629759647744

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That link got taken down real fast

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
There's a page early on in VtM 5th where an example dice roll is 1,4,8 and 8

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

There's a page early on in VtM 5th where an example dice roll is 1,4,8 and 8

Yea I saw that and I was 50/50 on it but then someone posted the new clan descriptions and it said the new Brujah could be neo-Nazis or alt right types and I was like loving yikes

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol pretty bitchy takedown notice

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

Yea I saw that and I was 50/50 on it but then someone posted the new clan descriptions and it said the new Brujah could be neo-Nazis or alt right types and I was like loving yikes

They have a weakness called triggered and the CEO signs off emails with blood and souls

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's a shame, Old World of Darkness went out of its way to say stuff like "Hey, there's no need to involve vampires in the Holocaust or 9/11, that poo poo was plenty bad on its own" but now we have this mess

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

It's a shame, Old World of Darkness went out of its way to say stuff like "Hey, there's no need to involve vampires in the Holocaust or 9/11, that poo poo was plenty bad on its own" but now we have this mess

No that was new world of darkness slash Chronicles of darkness

Owod had a book about the Holocaust

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

That link got taken down real fast

"vitriolic responses to the article from at least one popular feminist gaming critic"
🤔

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/PopTartsUS/status/1016765751259287552

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

No that was new world of darkness slash Chronicles of darkness

Owod had a book about the Holocaust

New York By Night explicit calls out "no 9/11 vamp poo poo you grognards" in the opening bit and that was Old World of Darkness, wasn't it?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If memory serves WoD was never the most coherent line, many supplements were outsourced with little to no oversight.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
which one is it that gives black people their own species and powers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

thats elder scrolls

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
multiple fantasy properties do that, but it should also be said that Skyrim’s other races are some kind of British isles people, some sort of fantasy Mediterranean, and Scandinavian.

the nonhuman races also are often vaguely coded as some real life culture

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

most of them

old world of darkness, among other delights, brought you "the vampire line we have coded black as hard as possible are a bunch of violent brutes who are permitted in Polite Society because they're reliable tools to do the bidding of their aristocratic european betters. also they're more vulnerable to freaking out and going on a murder spree when stressed," "there's a werewolf clan defined by the weakness they've failed to gently caress enough dogs," "there's a type of wizard based entirely on doing drugs giving you magic powers" and "literally all romani, knowing or unknowing, are in service to a malevolent vampire god who is addicted to doing crimes"

old world of darkness had the occasional neat idea. they were extremely few and extremely far between.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also skyrim lets you run around screaming north for the nords!!! unironically

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

can't think of any white wolf game that does that specifically (at least more than it gives other ethnic groups their own more-prevalent supernatural lineages- so maybe it should be "all of them"), peak racism oWoD racism was probably Kindred of the East (weird culturally insensitive mishmash of stuff, implies asian souls work differently than the rest of humanity in the context of the broader line) and WoD: Gypsies (everything)

LGD has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Jul 10, 2018

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

LGD posted:

can't think of any white wolf game that does that, peak racism oWoD racism was probably Kindred of the East (weird culturally insensitive mishmash of stuff, implies asian souls work differently than the rest of humanity in the context of the broader line) and WoD: Gypsies (everything)

in the defense of the world of darkness, it did give us the beauty of the Rokea, who had zero interplay with the rest of the gamelines because they'd actually been doing their jobs for the last couple thousand years with no issues

"why has there never been any dumb supernatural apocalypse bullshit in the oceans" is answered entirely satisfactorily, along with most other questions, by the most perfect phrase in the english language: "Sharkmen Attacks"

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
aren't vampires inherently fascist with the whole subjugation and predation of lesser humans kinda baked in? Is the argument that vampires be #imwithher? help me out here.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

New York By Night explicit calls out "no 9/11 vamp poo poo you grognards" in the opening bit and that was Old World of Darkness, wasn't it?

They still also put out a holocasut book

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

in the defense of the world of darkness, it did give us the beauty of the Rokea, who had zero interplay with the rest of the gamelines because they'd actually been doing their jobs for the last couple thousand years with no issues

"why has there never been any dumb supernatural apocalypse bullshit in the oceans" is answered entirely satisfactorily, along with most other questions, by the most perfect phrase in the english language: "Sharkmen Attacks"

Rokea, for those of you at home, are literally weresharks

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

OmanyteJackson posted:

aren't vampires inherently fascist with the whole subjugation and predation of lesser humans kinda baked in? Is the argument that vampires be #imwithher? help me out here.

some people seem upset because the cool, rebellious, punk bloodsucking degenerates who prey on humanity are now noted as potentially being nazis (which is kind of dumb imo, because it suggests people are taking oWoD Brujah propaganda at face value and forgetting what they really are), but the way it and the entire line is being handled under the new management is, uh, extremely questionable- the Brujah clan weakness (a tendency to violently fly off the handle under emotional stress) was renamed to "triggered," weird nods to Nazi poo poo like having sample dice rolls happen to be 1,4,8,8 and signing NPC emails with "blood and souls," and palling around/actively defending one of the most odious pieces of poo poo in the tabletop RPG space (Zak S)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They still also put out a holocasut book

Which book is this that you're referring to?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Which book is this that you're referring to?

presumably "Charnel Houses of Europe: The Shoah" which is usually listed with WoD: Gypsies as one of the most ill-advised products they ever put out

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Taintrunner posted:

also skyrim lets you run around screaming north for the nords!!! unironically

I honestly have never understood why anyone would even side with the stormcloaks. the empire is kinda crap but they are better then some weird ultra-nationalist rear end in a top hat who might be a sleeper agent for the dominion and is perfectly cool with going full ethnic cleansing on people. its like picking Caesars legion over yourself or the NCR.

LGD posted:

some people seem upset because the cool, rebellious, punk bloodsucking degenerates who prey on humanity are now noted as potentially being nazis (which is kind of dumb imo, because it suggests people are taking oWoD Brujah propaganda at face value and forgetting what they really are), but the way it and the entire line is being handled under the new management is, uh, extremely questionable- the Brujah clan weakness (a tendency to violently fly off the handle under emotional stress) was renamed to "triggered," weird nods to Nazi poo poo like having sample dice rolls happen to be 1,4,8,8 and signing NPC emails with "blood and souls," and palling around/actively defending one of the most odious pieces of poo poo in the tabletop RPG space (Zak S)

so basicaly an already flawed writing team has basicaly bent over for Chuds and probaly now have Chud writers. fun times. yeah, gently caress them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LGD posted:

presumably "Charnel Houses of Europe: The Shoah" which is usually listed with WoD: Gypsies as one of the most ill-advised products they ever put out

Holy loving poo poo, did they really loving call it that. how the gently caress did that get cleared by anyone.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Holy loving poo poo, did they really loving call it that. how the gently caress did that get cleared by anyone.
You can read a goon review of it here!

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/monsieurchoc/charnel-houses-of-europe-the-shoah/

Go explore Auschwitz in the underworld with your wizard friends! Doesn't that sound like a fun game night? :suicide:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

LGD posted:

"Charnel Houses of Europe: The Shoah"

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Besides the people that produce it, what sort of oversight are you expecting?