Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The guy who did the soundtrack for the first two games, and some of III (including the main theme) also did the soundtrack for Hatred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The musical motif for heart of stone is really strong and shows up everywhere, probably part of what makes me like the whole expansion so much.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The guy who did the soundtrack for the first two games, and some of III (including the main theme) also did the soundtrack for Hatred.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

slavs ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah... shame they didn’t go with the original design for Hatred’s main character though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

To get back on track: is it worth using all my Griffin contract money to craft these Viper School swords? Or do they get replaced really early on?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

To get back on track: is it worth using all my Griffin contract money to craft these Viper School swords? Or do they get replaced really early on?

youll replace that money very quickly

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I used those swords until like lvl13

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

youll replace that money very quickly

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I used those swords until like lvl13

Oh hell yes...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Money is pretty tight for the first few hours but it eases up later like everyone else said

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It’s insane how little tertiary characters in minor sidequests have more attention and care put into their animation and voice work than any Elder Scrolls character.

Look at this character you interact with in a single brief Witcher 3 sidequest,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIxXtthiYw

and compare it to General Tullius, the leader of the Imperial faction in Skyrim and one of the game’s most important characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW_ZdKjAEIU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

WEEDCAT posted:

He owned himself by turning down royalties on the games in favor of a payment for around $10,000.

the most epic version of this is all of the original star wars actors signing away the rights to toys/clothing/books/etc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It’s insane how little tertiary characters in minor sidequests have more attention and care put into their animation and voice work than any Elder Scrolls character.

and compare it to General Tullius, the leader of the Imperial faction in Skyrim and one of the game’s most important characters.

The details and writing are the main draw of the game for me. I've never played an open world game with fun, rewarding sidequests

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The argument could be made that the bizarre stiff awkward nature of TES characters is part of the series’ charm, but still, it’s nice to see some games have voice directors who actually give a poo poo.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I also like the idea of solving crimes/mysteries, being an old timey detective guy like Raidou

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The guy what said to bethesda humans are just less interesting orcs, was right

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I also like the idea of solving crimes/mysteries, being an old timey detective guy like Raidou

I hope theres a lot of this in cyberpunk

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ragg posted:

The guy what said to bethesda humans are just less interesting orcs, was right

That seems more like something Blizzard’s own Chris Metzen would have said, honestly

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That seems more like something Blizzard’s own Chris Metzen would have said, honestly

WEll, its the other way around for him in a way. He really loves those drat orcs. The guy meant like, to bethesda npcs are there purely as utility, ie someone needs ot tell you what to do. You cant even kill a lot of em

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ragg posted:

I hope theres a lot of this in cyberpunk

The only thing I'm concerned with is the first person, but if it's mostly gun focused that should be fine

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The always-first-person stuff in 2077 is the only thing that really pisses me off since I was looking forward to collecting lots of neat cyberpunk outfits and cosmetics.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I was kind of looking forward to my swag outfit but if the game shows your lower body in first person it might be cool anyway. Dying Light manages to make most of the outfits look unique in first person even though the only place you can see them whole is the main menu

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The always-first-person stuff in 2077 is the only thing that really pisses me off since I was looking forward to collecting lots of neat cyberpunk outfits and cosmetics.

I think I heard that all the dialogue is in third person at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made it sound like Deus Ex, when they described the first/third split.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

In Training posted:

Sweet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this is unfair as skyrim first came out 30 years ago

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Skyrim has radiant ai and an infinite number of gripping quests and content as well

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

Yeah kinda. They said there will be reflections also

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats not the case, a lot of it is first person and not cutscene style, ie you can move around, start shooting whenever etc

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

Skyrim has radiant ai and an infinite number of gripping quests and content as well

Grip my cock n balls

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Skellige main story spoilers:

Caught the first case of feels. Ciri finally doing normal poo poo and having normal conversations with people in the sauna when she's been running for her life this whole time, knowing how tragically it ends.. drat.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I want to live in Skellige.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Triple post win: there was a righteous thunderstorm happening irl and in-game while I beat a rock trolls rear end with my barehands to become the epic champion pugilist of Witcher 3.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:hai:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ya

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*in west side story voice*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They changed it when each expansion came out so that’s the Blood and Wine theme I guess.... but yeah they really should give you the option to change the title screen

To follow up on this: the GOTY Edition actually switches between the three randomly each time you start

• Locked thread