Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ancient civs and gods is my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Seditiar posted:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1016683510508089344/photo/1

Not just a desert area/biome maybe? Either way, Viking skins. :black101:

The “new update” page when you open Fortnite says “worlds collide - 2 days until season 5”.

Based on this, I think the season will be filled with different areas of the map being changed to match different time periods and biomes. Basically, fortnite will become Disney world where one minute you’re in Frontierland and the next you’re in fantasyland

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That axe feels on theme with the anchor as well. several references to industrial London too

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Industrial London and the Wild West do overlap timewise...

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

They're not afraid of throwing together two unrelated themes or subverting people's expectations. After the comet hit, the obvious theme was movie studio stuff, but they slowly turned it back into superheroes and government cleanup stuff.

I wonder if they will do an in-game event to end the season, like the map being swallowed into a time rift or something. The missile launch was such a big success for them.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

wa27 posted:

I wonder if they will do an in-game event to end the season, like the map being swallowed into a time rift or something. The missile launch was such a big success for them.

between the rocket, the cracks all over the sky box and various timewarp spots taking things out and putting things in, there is definitely going to be something that kicks things off on Thursday.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Multiple time zones is my guess. If it's possible, it'd be cool if they could have several different times for each point of interest and then randomize what you get each game. Fractured time spaces. One game you have tilted normally, next game it's neo Tokyo, next game it hasn't been built yet. Other places might be ancient Egypt, or the Roman empire, or the wild West. They probably have something else in mind, but that's what I'd do.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Weird. I think someone played my account? I have a bunch of friends that I didn't have before, a different banner image, and a bunch of challenges completed that I didn't have yesterday, but they didn't change my password?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah I think I'm gonna shift my work around so I have Thursday off, since my partner is gone until Saturday I could just do nothing but play Season 5 :getin:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Weird. I think someone played my account? I have a bunch of friends that I didn't have before, a different banner image, and a bunch of challenges completed that I didn't have yesterday, but they didn't change my password?

Change your password and setup two factor as soon as possible. Right now.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Did they stop selling the level boosts? I was 11 away from the Valor skin and decided I wanted it but logged in last night and the 10 level boost was gone from the in game shop :(

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

They only sell the discounted level bundle for a limited time. You can always but a single level for 150.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Nullsmack posted:

Change your password and setup two factor as soon as possible. Right now.

I already enabled 2 factor but I can't figure out how to change my password. I'm also able to continue logging in without putting in a password on my switch so I need to figure out how to force the credentials to expire.

e: got it reset but my switch still has creds. not too worried at this point. still surprised that someone hacked the account and went to the center of 3 storm circles instead of changing the password

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 10, 2018

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Give me wild west skins and I'll be just the happiest camper in the world (as far as Fortnite is concerned).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I already enabled 2 factor but I can't figure out how to change my password. I'm also able to continue logging in without putting in a password on my switch so I need to figure out how to force the credentials to expire.

e: got it reset but my switch still has creds. not too worried at this point. still surprised that someone hacked the account and went to the center of 3 storm circles instead of changing the password

This happened to my friend too, super weird. He logged on and his battle pass was maxed out and I was worried someone bought tiers with a stolen credit card or something and was gonna get him banned, but nope, just turns out they did a bunch of his challenges for him and deleted his friends list. Why?????

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The original game have "myst monsters", and you fight the storm,... that is basically fog.

So I think the inspiration for this game is Stephen King "The Myst".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwDTev-THSM

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

goferchan posted:

This happened to my friend too, super weird. He logged on and his battle pass was maxed out and I was worried someone bought tiers with a stolen credit card or something and was gonna get him banned, but nope, just turns out they did a bunch of his challenges for him and deleted his friends list. Why?????

Steal account, do all the challenges to unlock more skins, etc, sell account.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It just seems counter-productive to not get around to stealing the account before doing the Loot Lake dance party.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It just seems counter-productive to not get around to stealing the account before doing the Loot Lake dance party.

You have a kid or something that might be sneaking to play? Check the game replays to see when someone played the account

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

santanotreal posted:

You have a kid or something that might be sneaking to play? Check the game replays to see when someone played the account

Nope, definitely a stolen password. Didn't know there were game replays, though.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
The replays are recorded to your local computer so you won't see anything if someone logged in remotely, unfortunately.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Did anything happen with that hatch in the woods or was that a total red herring?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
GET HYPE!!

https://youtu.be/lsV500W4BHU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Nullsmack posted:

Did anything happen with that hatch in the woods or was that a total red herring?

Dharma Initiative

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Glad I started to actually learn and get into a bit now so I half know what I'm doing to start this season. Been playing on gfs xbox but cant wait to get home to my PC and cross play with them with my trusty m&kb like it should be.

So to clarify...theres really nothing to gain by buying the battlepass? I'm just too cheapoldschool to be bothered with loving skins and cosmetics in video games

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

Glad I started to actually learn and get into a bit now so I half know what I'm doing to start this season. Been playing on gfs xbox but cant wait to get home to my PC and cross play with them with my trusty m&kb like it should be.

So to clarify...theres really nothing to gain by buying the battlepass? I'm just too cheapoldschool to be bothered with loving skins and cosmetics in video games

I found that the battlepass weekly challenges really added a new dimension to playing, personally, and made me get into it a lot more. Gave me a reason to pick it up, try new things, stuff like that. I can't say it's worth it for those alone, exactly, but I think maybe it could be depending on your individual values. And even if you don't care about the cosmetics, they could be a nice bonus in terms of introducing some variety. (Even new loading screens are a cosmetic that you'll get from it.)

e: yeah that's a good point below, you do have to earn those vbucks through play but it's not very difficult (or wasn't to me, at least, a scrub on Switch) to make sure your next season's pass is free.

Manky fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 11, 2018

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
For the ~$9 that it costs to buy the battlepass, you'll earn 1000v bucks back, so you can buy the following season for 'free' essentially.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Was a challenge completing machine this morning. managed to finally get 3 kills in fatal fields after a few tries, then landed in snobby shores and managed to kill 3 dudes before I got killed myself. The one I have been having the most trouble with is sniper rifle kills and I only need on more kill to finish it and get my final blockbuster challenge finished.

So I'm playing 50v50 and my team is on the wrong side of Tilted but we are closer at the start so we manage to land about 6 people in tilted before about 30 enemy guys land. We hole up and turn a building into our own little murder hideout and end up getting tons of kills. I got a hunting rifle and pulled it out to finish off someone who was crawling away. Firing these things at close range is so goddamn dumb, it takes about .5 seconds for the bullet to go from your barrel to where the enemy is less than 1m away. So I finally land a shot on this guy who is right in front of me, he takes a bunch of damage but then dies to bleedout half a second later. No sniper kill. poo poo, that's tough but fair, I'll finish someone else off for my challenge.

So I manage to knock another dude down and kill them with the rifle: it pops up "Quesadilla Killa snipes Soandso (2m)" but i didn't get the challenge! Die, go back to home screen, and sure enough I didn't complete the challenge. AAAAAAAA

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

thank god for that sniper rifles only limited time mode because I never would have completed the challenge without it, i'm so loving bad at sniping in this game

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

thank god for that sniper rifles only limited time mode because I never would have completed the challenge without it, i'm so loving bad at sniping in this game

Me too man, I'm surgical with shotguns and ARs but have gotten probably less than 10 actual hits at distance with sniper rifles. Gonna have to hold out until the final rumble in 50v50 and pray I pick someone off

E: that or farm 3 kills in flush factory uuuugh

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Does anyone else get a lot of lag in 50v50 now? I can't snipe worth poo poo in it because people at range are warping around, wasn't an issue in previous 50v50 and I haven't seen the issue in solo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah 50s are laggy trash.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Turpitude posted:

Me too man, I'm surgical with shotguns and ARs but have gotten probably less than 10 actual hits at distance with sniper rifles. Gonna have to hold out until the final rumble in 50v50 and pray I pick someone off

E: that or farm 3 kills in flush factory uuuugh

Flush Factory Kills took me like 10 or so drops, in hope of others landing there.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
yeah, it's like the further someone is away from you, the fewer updates you get on their position. Because of that, they seem to jump between locations. I don't know if that's the exact reason though. I bet they've done something like that to avoid killing their server when nearly 100 people are within 200m of each other.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I need 5 stars to get the last tier I want and the only challenge left is 5 revives. I'll never get it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I need 5 stars to get the last tier I want and the only challenge left is 5 revives. I'll never get it.

That's super easy in 50v50 honestly . The most evil way to get it was when people were trying to use 50v50 to complete whatever that week's "collect chest" challenge was and they'd loot a chest or 2, build a tall ramp, and try and suicide off of it . Then you go box them in and revive them :twisted:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Nope, definitely a stolen password. Didn't know there were game replays, though.

Get this guy to steal my account pls

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

goferchan posted:

Play 50v50 and use snipers to finish players you DBNO. It's also how I got my trap elimination during the period when trap damage was lower. You have to be the person to down the target before eliminating them, but in 50v50 that isn't too bad because fight fights are chaotic and present lots of opportunity.

Same with things like getting revives. Or the box/chest/drop in a single match challenge if you're bad like me.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I feel like they changed it and for challenges you now get credit whether you're the one who knocks them down OR you're the one who actually executed them. Not 100% sure but I think I've gotten challenge credit from doing either combination of one or the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

goferchan posted:

I feel like they changed it and for challenges you now get credit whether you're the one who knocks them down OR you're the one who actually executed them. Not 100% sure but I think I've gotten challenge credit from doing either combination of one or the other

If you downed them you'll still get credit when someone else finishes them.