Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Okay, I thought they were sold out of the toddler-sized Cthulhus, but instead they keep adding more limited quantities, incremented at $5 each, because CMON. Don't know if they have a hard limit or if they'll keep increasing as the limit of people willing to pay for this poo poo approaches infinity.

new levels of taking the piss

game looks like uninspired hot garbage with some really lovely art too

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Bottom Liner posted:

new levels of taking the piss

game looks like uninspired hot garbage with some really lovely art too

Don't forget that each level also incrementally pushes back delivery of said package by a month from the prior iteration. The comments section is amazing. If they're smart, they'll nuke this launch and restart it to avoid the ill will that this will almost certainly cause.

Speaking of an established, potentially good game, does anyone have any strong opinions on Solarius Mission? I liked La Granja but was enh about Agra and I'm hedging on whether to back the new KS for SM...

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow225 posted:

Over/Under on total backing for this KS set at $1.65 Million

Definitely taking over. It's at $710k as the first hour ends.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Eric Lang is fuckin' chewing through his goodwill right now from the look of things.

But who knows, maybe this is an awesome game and I'm totally wrong.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gently caress CMON and gently caress Cthulhu.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

S.J. posted:

that's a stretch goal

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Hahaha how can it get more expensive the longer you have to wait? Current level is at 250$ and deliver in April 2020.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

S.J. posted:

and Rob Daviau/Eric Lang who were already coasting on half successes of their earlier career

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FulsomFrank posted:

Eric Lang is fuckin' chewing through his goodwill right now from the look of things.

But who knows, maybe this is an awesome game and I'm totally wrong.

I don't think so. CMON makes these decisions and the people who buy CMON games interface through CMON. The vast majority don't care about Lang in the same way nobody yells at the artist for a lovely comic book (unless their art is truly bad and/or they are a woman).

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

did we mention the fact that the $150 baby sized statue is actually the final boss and finale of the game and kickstarter exclusive because :lol:

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

quote:

Created by the world famous game designer, Michael Kiesling,Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra challenges players to compete by carefully selecting glass panes to complete their windows while being careful not to damage or waste supplies in the process. The window panels are double sided providing players with a dynamic player board that affords nearly infinite variability!

Illustrated by Chris Quilliams, players can expect to discover all new unique art and components in Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra including all new translucent window pane pieces, a tower to hold discarded glass panes, double sided player boards and window pane panels, in addition to many other beautiful components!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bodanarko posted:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

no score track is interesting

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Shadow225 posted:

Over/Under on total backing for this KS set at $1.65 Million

Snap over.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It's up over a million already. The counter went up $10,000 just while I was looking at it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

okay i vastly underestimated looks like i am goin gto have to pay out in Lots Of Anime

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bottom Liner posted:

and Rob Daviau/Eric Lang who were already coasting on half successes of their earlier career

Oh I'm aware. At this point I'm just wondering how many versions of Blood Rage that are probably just worse we're going to see.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

S.J. posted:

Oh I'm aware. At this point I'm just wondering how many versions of Blood Rage that are probably just worse we're going to see.

Until they stop raking in millions of dollars so... never?

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

homullus posted:

Just remember that the tutorial scenarios are 2p only, even though the game supports up to 4. I am not through the tutorial scenarios, so I can't tell you how good it is past 2p.

I am pretty sure the designer put up 4p versions of the tutorial scenarios, could be wrong. Check BGG?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That's a really dumpy looking Cthulhu. I'm sure it's because of the difficulty of working at that a x ale and not having it collapse, but its a boring pose, and it's just squat and ugly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Question for (sperg)Lords of Waterdeep

is anyone into the whole buying custom metal game money pieces? I've played a few games with the stock ones and was looking into it but didn't know where to begin. Has anyone done their comparison shopping or know who is the definitive "gotta get this set"?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Wow, CMON has finally tipped over into the blatant "gently caress you consumers" with this one. Flying Frog did this "tiered early bird" pledge stuff with Shadows of Brimstone and people lost their poo poo over that.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Eclipse 2.0 is also live. I can guarantee it is a better way to blow a hundred bucks on KS.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Lord of Hats posted:

That's a really dumpy looking Cthulhu. I'm sure it's because of the difficulty of working at that a x ale and not having it collapse, but its a boring pose, and it's just squat and ugly.

Well to be fair, Cthulhu often is squat and ugly, but that isn't a good Cthulhu. It's got the sole selling point of being 23 inches tall, which isn't even really a selling point as it'll be so cumbersome to move.

Here's some better Cthulhus from the game CMON wish they'd made.

Cthulhu Wars base game Cthulhu (painted):

Richard Luong alternate sculpt Cthulhu:

Dire Cthulhu:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

djfooboo posted:

Eclipse 2.0 is also live. I can guarantee it is a better way to blow a hundred bucks on KS.

The problem we had with the first Eclipse is that players would go off into their corners and draw random poo poo until they were satisfied. Does 2.0 do anything about this?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lorini posted:

The problem we had with the first Eclipse is that players would go off into their corners and draw random poo poo until they were satisfied. Does 2.0 do anything about this?

Not sure. I doubt it, turtling is a valid early game strat for resource generation. Maybe they will have less dead sectors? Haven't heard anything yet.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm dying for info about actual mechanical changes in Eclipse 2.0 but far as I know nobody has any details.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

There are a heap of Eclipse details on the Bgg forum. It's really just minor balance changes.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Sounds gr- oh $90 shipping, lolnope

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

I'm dying for info about actual mechanical changes in Eclipse 2.0 but far as I know nobody has any details.

There is a fair amount of info at BGG, it’s mostly tweaks: Main thread

I was kind of interested, but $65 USD shipping to Australia is nuts!

This is a tough one anyway for me as I really enjoy eclipse as is, and have the expansions, but I play it enough that I would enjoy the upgraded components too. But I can think of a lot of things I could also do with $165 usd (or more if I want the promos, and I think I’d want to be all in). Seems crazy not to wait for retail.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

SuperKlaus posted:

There's some post on bgg that details exactly what was changed. Something like:
-The game is 8 turns instead of 9 turns.
-Tactical bankruptcy has been removed for the most part, because you don't need to place an influence disk to claim an exploration token. Something like you just have to have cleared it out and be adjacent to a sector with an influence disk to claim it.
-~various balance changes~ in points values / costs for things.
-First player to pass gets $2.
?????? I forget.

It really wasn't that much, and it could all be modified with a sharpie in Eclipse 1.0. People are pretty disappointed so far, because there's really little reason for people with the original Eclipse to back this right now.

Edit: that post above me has the actual link to the changes.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

The changes to costs and specific technologies could have quite an impact on how the game plays. I (maybe foolishly) am very happy with Eclipse 1e plus expansion, although I do think some of the expansion content is a bit of a kludge that could be merged into the base game in a more streamlined way, which the tech and ancient changes may do.

In particular the old debate over plasma missiles. I lean towards them being an overhyped problem, but it’s definitely the case that once they are out and people can afford them they will have a strong influence on how the game will play out. Over time our group played more and more aggressively, and while plasma missiles rarely determined a winner per se, they do change the dynamics. But they also pushed us to more actively use other technologies, particularly movement boosts and shields/armour,like super mobile interceptors seizing key systems at key points, or big impossible to hit ships/orbitals which just outlast opponents.

The expansion significantly increases the variety of these approaches so was great for our experienced group. But it also made it really challenging for new players, who tended to turtle a lot more and get surprised by dramatic swings as key points of the game. So I’m interested in some of these smaller refinements for the techs in just making some of these less than obvious strategies more accessible.

But not at that price.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ticket to Ride: New York is out at Target only and I picked it up to have for family nights. Plays super quick and gets straight to the meat of the TTR experience which is pretty awesome. Just played two player in like 12 minutes.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

There's a second expansion, too. You might want to pick that up while you can. The big OLGS's didn't have it in stock when i looked earlier. Amazon has a few left.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

The Lord of Hats posted:

Not Mini or Cool.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Ravendas posted:

It really wasn't that much, and it could all be modified with a sharpie in Eclipse 1.0. People are pretty disappointed so far, because there's really little reason for people with the original Eclipse to back this right now.

What is wrong with those people? I've already paid for the drat game and the expansions. I'm delighted that there won't be some super deluxe edition with amazing new rules that are incompatible that mean my copy is practically worthless.

The hobby is expensive enough without having to buy games twice over.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

is anyone into the whole buying custom metal game money pieces? I've played a few games with the stock ones and was looking into it but didn't know where to begin. Has anyone done their comparison shopping or know who is the definitive "gotta get this set"?

Have a buddy of mine who is doing this for every board game he owns. I think he spent about 30 or so doing custom stuff just for Waterdeep through TopShelf.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The end game is reading pages and pages of clearclaw posts on bgg reviewing different kinds of poker chips.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The end game is reading pages and pages of clearclaw posts on bgg reviewing different kinds of poker chips.

Also buying a $150 meeple upgrade kit for dominant species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Alan Smithee posted:

I bought these during a previous Kickstarter. They just wrapped one up and I see the LoW-specific coins are on backorder, but it might be worth getting in touch or checking out the rest of their inventory.