Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Looks like Kill Team prices have leaked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Duct Tape posted:

So approximately $6,000 Australian Dollareedoos

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Man, I'm in for like 200 bucks + shipping as long as that case isn't a piece of poo poo.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Duct Tape posted:

This is extremely cool and good

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Man, I'm in for like 200 bucks + shipping as long as that case isn't a piece of poo poo.

Likely same, depending on what's in the two teams.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

I would love to see LordAba receive a HellBan.

He's getting a ban and a 30.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Endman posted:

So approximately $6,000 Australian Dollareedoos

I’m looking at getting 2 or 3 boxes and expecting around $180 a pop or less from my usual LGS source. Will sell off most of it as want it for the terrain :allears:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
30 weeks seems light. Can we do 40?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

SRM posted:

There will be a normal Badcast this week, but we recently took the time to respond to some of The Discourse surrounding some of the subject matter of episode 31
https://40kbadcast.com/2018/07/10/bonus-episode-intelligent-discourse/

Considering he had never heard of the badcast, the lengths dude went to to correct it are touching:chud:

rear end in a top hat posted:

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion of labeling him as a pimp unless it was solely based on your own engrained prejudice and bias.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SRM posted:

There will be a normal Badcast this week, but we recently took the time to respond to some of The Discourse surrounding some of the subject matter of episode 31

Don't kinkshame.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Don't kinkshame.

That was my favorite part.

Such a playground “nuh uh you are” but about rape.

Seriously loving gross.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he's just a fan of that Rogue Trader LP Grey Hunter did where they put hats on everything?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SRM posted:

If nothing else, this got me to go on a trip through wikipedia. Nazis ruin everything.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

panascope posted:

Looking forward to when I become the thread pariah and get exiled to posting Hell

"...but he was already there."

*Spoopy music*

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

SRM posted:

A loving Moron posted:

In a parallel example, would you go so far as to say that Nordic peoples shouldn’t get Valknut tattoos because that symbol also happens to be utilized by a large number of white supremist groups?
Uh, yes. Every reasonable person here in :sweden: is extremely careful about getting any norse symbols as tattoos given how so many have been co-opted by nazis.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
What're some podcasts, besides the badcast, that I can listen to for kill team sperging in the coming weeks?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Best episode of the bad cast yet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Norse symbols and runes are cool, it's a shame shitbirds ruin everything fun.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What did I miss

Haha please don't tell me actually

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpikeMcclane posted:

Sometimes I worry about being one of the baddies because I have a Slaanesh army.

I don't get this.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Irate Tree posted:

I don't get this.

Join the Dark Side. Slaanesh's cookies are surprisingly good.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Join the Dark Side. Slaanesh's cookies are surprisingly good.

What's in them?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maneck posted:

What's in them?

Only the finest crystal meth.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Irate Tree posted:

Only the finest crystal meth.

You're thinking of the sprinkles.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Irate Tree posted:

I don't get this.

People have the idea that Slaanesh is about rape because they wouldn't willingly gently caress / get hosed by hermaphrodite lobster daemons and bondage cows.

It's not.

It's about being a cosmic sensation sexstronaut, so far gone past moral concepts of pleasure that you're soul-loving the universe, injecting the distilled liquor of reality into your eyeballs. But you're doing it because you want to.

Rape isn't on Slaanesh's menu. She feeds on your consent. She wants your enthusiastic consent. She needs your frenetic, insatiably thirsty consent before her greater lobster claw gazelle-daddy daemon can make you feel better than you ever imagined.

She's all about tempting people to give into her progressively outrageous and exotic pleasures, not inflicting them on non-consenting bystanders. Weird sex isn't what makes Slaanesh tick - it's giving in to the temptation to gently caress her abominations instead of destroying them.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

moths posted:

People have the idea that Slaanesh is about rape because they wouldn't willingly gently caress / get hosed by hermaphrodite lobster daemons and bondage cows.

It's not.

It's about being a cosmic sensation sexstronaut, so far gone past moral concepts of pleasure that you're soul-loving the universe, injecting the distilled liquor of reality into your eyeballs. But you're doing it because you want to.

Rape isn't on Slaanesh's menu. She feeds on your consent. She wants your enthusiastic consent. She needs your frenetic, insatiably thirsty consent before her greater lobster claw gazelle-daddy daemon can make you feel better than you ever imagined.

She's all about tempting people to give into her progressively outrageous and exotic pleasures, not inflicting them on non-consenting bystanders. Weird sex isn't what makes Slaanesh tick - it's giving in to the temptation to gently caress her abominations instead of destroying them.

This is a really good description of Slaanesh, imho

Endman
May 18, 2010

Also bring back Noise Marines with wicked guitars

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endman posted:

Endman posted:

Also bring back Noise Marines with wicked guitars

:emptyquote:

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 11, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

moths posted:

It's not.

My understanding is that it's more than sex or even sensation, but excess itself. So that can be food, money, sex, hubris, w/e. I vaguely recall one of Slaneesh's realms is guarded by a bunch of Se7en/Dante's Inferno style challenges and one of them is that it's the best food ever but it's also the remains of the other people who stopped to eat.

The ultimate pursuit of excess is also cool because of how that ties into Slaneesh's relationship with eldar. IDK I think the fluff there is p cool.

Still don't want to collect the army though because yeah I don't need sex-lobster-bull models.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Endman posted:

Seriously. I did a Slaaneshi cult for Necromunda, and they were all strung-out heavy metal freaks who were there for loud music, piles of drugs, and occasional ultraviolence for kicks.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah she's definitely defined by excess and desire, not just of sex but all forms of indulgence

The titty-snakes and bikini bulls are probably the easiest way to shorthand that roundabout concept into miniatures form, and it was visionary that early GW didn't just make it a conventional succubus faction from the start.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Honestly, just make noise marines modeled on GWAR.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, just make noise marines modeled on droogs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, just make noise marines modeled on Duran Duran

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Why do Intercessor sprues have options for equipping them with knives when they don’t have access to them in the actual rules?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So you can picture your bigmars punching people with dagger in hand, rather than stabbing them with the business end.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Gunder posted:

Why do Intercessor sprues have options for equipping them with knives when they don’t have access to them in the actual rules?

It's a fluffy modelling choice. There are a couple of knives in the regular Tactical Marine kit.

Same reason you can give Guardsmen guns with bayonets even though it has no practical application in the rules.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The part of me that wants all my models to be WYSIWYG will probably prevent me from using the knives.

Concerning WYSIWYG: A local neckbeard told me on my 2nd ever game of 40k: “You should only field visually accurate armies or people will think you’re trying to cheat”. He then proceeded to throw a minor tantrum every time I rolled well, and the local store manager kept saying: “It’s just a game Phil, calm down”. It was a 30 power game with hardly any units and it still felt like it took hours. Awful. Do other people take WYSIWYG really seriously? I can understand it in tournaments, but are people gonna get on my case because I’m asking them to pretend that my predator has all lascannons rather than heavy bolters?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Most normal people will not give a poo poo about that kind of thing and Phil sounds like an arse. If you never have the right model for anything and it's an unpainted mass of grey that's a 'that guy' red flag, but as a newbie who wants to try out different stuff before buying it, don't worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IIRC Space Marine standard equipment includes a combat knife. It's theoretically what they hit people with in melee if you don't have a dedicated CCW on them.