Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haha so TC released a Satchel from Steel Panther toneprint called the pussy melter and there was a big twitter meltdown until it was removed

I mean, I’m a huge loving leftist and HATE the misogyny throughout the music industry but come onnnn. It’s Steel Panther. It’s the most harmless thing in the universe and people are acting like it’s the most evil thing ever created. There are a million real tangible problematic things to tackle right now but I guess we’re gonna get angry at a joke band embracing their meme.

Also lol that it’s reported as a “pedal” and not a named downloading setting.

there's no way they didn't know that was gonna happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's no way they didn't know that was gonna happen

I’m unironically taking the ~both sides~ approach here

Honestly TC hasn’t had a clue how to do anything right for years. They’re been in a bizarre spiral. I used to love the company but not so much anymore. They do some cool new things every once in a while like the mash thing but for every good idea there are 10 bad ones.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
the HoF mini remains my favourite of theirs, it's the "add a slice of cheese for 50c" of pedals

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haha so TC released a Satchel from Steel Panther toneprint called the pussy melter and there was a big twitter meltdown until it was removed

I mean, I’m a huge loving leftist and HATE the misogyny throughout the music industry but come onnnn. It’s Steel Panther. It’s the most harmless thing in the universe and people are acting like it’s the most evil thing ever created. There are a million real tangible problematic things to tackle right now but I guess we’re gonna get angry at a joke band embracing their meme.

Also lol that it’s reported as a “pedal” and not a named downloading setting.

I'm with you here. I'm as big a feminist as they come, but Steel Panther is a pretty spot on parody of what bands like Poison would sound like if they were writing honest lyrics instead of the ones that would get them laid where they try to sound like normal humans with feelings and stuff. A Steel Panther signature anything would have to have a name either referencing their own rock hard genitals or the lady parts they almost literally drown in from all the flowing juices.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i dunno there was that line in i want action where bret michaels says he's gonna rape a chick, possibly a minor, if she doesn't put out

actually wait that's not even a line that's practically the entire song

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 11, 2018

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i dunno there was that line in i want action where bret michaels says he's gonna rape a chick, possibly a minor, if she doesn't put out

actually wait that's not even a line that's practically the entire song

Yeah but then like twenty years later bret michaels ended up a washed up weirdo doing a dating show on vh1 :lol:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kjetting posted:

I'm with you here. I'm as big a feminist as they come, but Steel Panther is a pretty spot on parody of what bands like Poison would sound like if they were writing honest lyrics instead of the ones that would get them laid where they try to sound like normal humans with feelings and stuff. A Steel Panther signature anything would have to have a name either referencing their own rock hard genitals or the lady parts they almost literally drown in from all the flowing juices.

I’m glad I’m not alone. I’m not really a fan of Steel Panther even though I appreciate Satchel but yeah, they’re not hiding what they are. That prevents me from being angered over the title of a software setting. It’s just a goofy thing without any weight. Honestly the Steel Panther gimmick wouldn’t work or be amusing if society hadn’t come so far between now and the era of the bands they’re parodying.

I think this really just reflects society on a deeper level. Patriarchal dominance has led to male sexuality being cool and badass while women are shamed into feeling weird about even having sex organs unless they’re the target of the gaze. We need to fix that and let everyone be gross and horny equally.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gross and Horny would make for a really awesome butt-rock song title! :banjo:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wark Say posted:

Gross and Horny would make for a really awesome butt-rock song title! :banjo:

already trademarked as my personal tagline

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It's not about who Steel Panther is, it's about TC's dumb decisions to make "parody" misogynist rock part of what they do.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
TRIGGER WARNING

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
excuse me ladies, don't mind my

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bunch of fuckin einsteins in here I tell you what.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

excuse me ladies, don't mind my

:cumpolice:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kjetting posted:

It's like taking Spinal Tap at face value and getting mad about the lyrics to "Sex Farm." I have to think the people getting mad are less than familiar with the context here. But maybe that's the problem, putting it up on the website with every other effects preset is kind of removing it from that context and I can see how someone coming across it by chance would be like "what the gently caress am I even reading right now?" Still though, you'd think someone would google the artist in question before starting an online petition.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Thermos H Christ posted:

It's like taking Spinal Tap at face value and getting mad about the lyrics to "Sex Farm." I have to think the people getting mad are less than familiar with the context here. But maybe that's the problem, putting it up on the website with every other effects preset is kind of removing it from that context and I can see how someone coming across it by chance would be like "what the gently caress am I even reading right now?" Still though, you'd think someone would google the artist in question before starting an online petition.

Yeah that’s my take. I don’t blame people for being put off (and it really is dumb for tc to throw it up and expect nothing) but c’mon people, just dig for the tiniest bit of context!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea the Big Muff is 40 years old. We can do better.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If the deep state sjw menace takes the big muff from me I’m joining the proud boys

also typing that sentence made me feel miserable

Someone post a stupidly good guitar asap

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I don’t know what your point is. There’s a problem with some makers being misogynist dumbfucks.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No real point, TC did something dumb and now I'm remembering the many dumb pedal names

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That reminds me! This guy had rented out a whole SNAMM booth

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/d/squire-jazzmaster-jaguar/6633857013.html

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Craigslist really needs a comments section.

Also I bought Bias Amp and Bias FX for PC and the only model I play after 30 hours tweaking settings down to swapping power transformer models to biasing the tubes is based on the SLO100. Got it perfect for every situation, with one patch for clean, one for crunch, and one for layered fuzz and distortion. Only thing missing is a way to pipe it out to a proper guitar cabinet.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress, don't stop... I'M ALMOST THERE

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Verizian posted:

Craigslist really needs a comments section.

Also I bought Bias Amp and Bias FX for PC and the only model I play after 30 hours tweaking settings down to swapping power transformer models to biasing the tubes is based on the SLO100. Got it perfect for every situation, with one patch for clean, one for crunch, and one for layered fuzz and distortion. Only thing missing is a way to pipe it out to a proper guitar cabinet.

https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-head/

and a speaker cable?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

But how? It's Satchel and Steel Panther, there really isn't much you can do there. Rename it the Lubricator to make the same joke and not have people crying about it, I guess.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:barf:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

But how? It's Satchel and Steel Panther, there really isn't much you can do there. Rename it the Lubricator to make the same joke and not have people crying about it, I guess.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

s.i.r.e. posted:

But how? It's Satchel and Steel Panther, there really isn't much you can do there.

How about not do it in the first place?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Just popping by to say that I'm enjoying the sexy pedals. :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Big MILF

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anime Reference posted:

How about not do it in the first place?

Make a match for Satchel's tone?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004