Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

Such a weird transfer. The Serie A? Really?

He's only going to go where he can be sure to win titles. PSG can't buy him with the FFP stuff they have going on, and Germany doesn't have enough beaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ronnie will score 120 goals for Juve if he plays the rest of his career for them.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Brony Car posted:

How many years are left on Berahino's contract?

I can't believe that guy has thrown away his career like that. I know the paycheck is great, but he seemed capable of much more back at West Brom.

4 Years lol. He signed a 5 1/2 year contract when he came and that looks like an incredibly dumb move right now. He's so wank. I've never seen a striker hide as much as him. Every run he makes will be into an area where the pass will be blocked off or he'll be covered by at least two defenders. I'd love for Stoke to get rid of him but nobody is going to be interested in a guy that hasn't scored for over 2 years and on as hefty a wage as he's on.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This might be controversial in this insane thread, but
I’d definitely take Ronald at the boro. Will do a job for years that freak

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I am all but certain that Real Madrid is gonna show up at Chelsea with a huge money bid for Hazard

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
What an insanely good piece of business for Madrid

Fat transfer fee + saving the biggest salary in the squad, which wouldn't go down as his performance drops + no ego problems about benching him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bape Culture posted:

This might be controversial in this insane thread, but
I’d definitely take Ronald at the boro. Will do a job for years that freak

Boro’s a big club. Ronaldo would fold under the pressure.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wouldn't have minded Ronaldo coming back to United, but I guess that's never happening now.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Riyad Mahrez to City is finally a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1016774060913487872

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2018/july/man-city-sign-riyad-mahrez-leicester

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
He won't even be able to warm half as much bench as Yaya did

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gigi Galli posted:

Germany doesn't have enough beaches.
And no club willing to pay him either.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

City overspend a shitload on another bench warmer, wow exciting stuff

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

He's only going to go where he can be sure to win titles. PSG can't buy him with the FFP stuff they have going on, and Germany doesn't have enough beaches.

Italy is also a far better league than the French and especially German leagues. France has no big clubs and Germany has 1. If Ronaldo wanted to play championship level he would move there

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hm, not wearing a cougille zipped all the way to the top, no chance of being a Citeh legend

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

T Bowl posted:

City overspend a shitload on another bench warmer, wow exciting stuff

He should start and a motivated and in form Mahrez is one of the best players in the league. Mahrez has hit higher heights in his career than say, Coutinho or Sanchez have

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

He should start and a motivated and in form Mahrez is one of the best players in the league. Mahrez has hit higher heights in his career than say, Coutinho or Sanchez have

Who in the current City 11 gets benched for him?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

LionYeti posted:

No one, he rotates with Sane, Sterling, and both Silva. That's 5 people for 3 spots, no one plays 38 games in City's outfield except possibly de Bruyne.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

LionYeti posted:

Silva or Sterling

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm just happy the saga's over and we got a decent price for him with plenty of advance notice

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Juve Ronald will be like Juve Pirlo, I think. His role will change as he becomes an old man but he'll still be world class because he'll be on a team with enough talent to accommodate him and he'll be in a relatively chill league that doesn't require everyone to run hard for 90 minutes. It would also be very cool if he grows a big beard.

Then we'll get a season or two of MLS Ronald in 4-5 years, that'll be fun.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 10, 2018

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

I'm just happy the saga's over and we got a decent price for him with plenty of advance notice

Wouldn't even call it a saga. It was rumored like four days ago by a very reputable source, then his website changed, and then he signed. Kind of amazing how quickly it was sorted.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Akileese posted:

Wouldn't even call it a saga. It was rumored like four days ago by a very reputable source, then his website changed, and then he signed. Kind of amazing how quickly it was sorted.

It's been rumored for like over a year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Matteo Geundouzi from Lorient and Sam Greenwood from Sunderland both joined Arsenal today as well, there's photo/video of them signing contracts on personal instagrams but nothing announced by the club yet, probably keeping today all about Torreira

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I am sorry Mahrez is leaving Leicester, but hopefully we spend the money well.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Blasmeister posted:

Maddison is better anyway

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Miguel Layún to Villarreal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tortilla Maker posted:

Miguel Layún to Villarreal.

Interesting transfer since Sevilla had an option to buy on his loan.

Still a good transfer for him since I'm sure the wages in Spain are far higher than Portugal and he's 30.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

NTRabbit posted:

Matteo Geundouzi from Lorient and Sam Greenwood from Sunderland both joined Arsenal today as well, there's photo/video of them signing contracts on personal instagrams but nothing announced by the club yet, probably keeping today all about Torreira

It's impressive how much transfer business Arsenal have done this summer, and during the World Cup no less. Granted there haven't been any marquee signings, but you can't say they're not backing Emery to refresh the squad. I wonder how many of these players were identified by Emery vs Sven.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Here’s the twist in the story: Richard Harris has been dead for over fifteen (15) years!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shoren posted:

It's impressive how much transfer business Arsenal have done this summer, and during the World Cup no less. Granted there haven't been any marquee signings, but you can't say they're not backing Emery to refresh the squad. I wonder how many of these players were identified by Emery vs Sven.

Yeah I feel like I’m not gonna recognize a single person on the first match day

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Ronaldo may have lost half a step out of the drible, but hes got an incredible eye for goal and hes gonna get even stronger in his late years.him and dybala are gonna clown on most teams in serie a and europe.hes been pretty smart managing his career so i can totally see him acepting that he doesnt have to play 90 minutes every game and even sitting out some games before a important cl clash.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Shaqiri to Liverpool is being wrapped up soon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
conte finally getting the sack since it seems chelsea have agreed to pay for sarri

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Shaqiri to Liverpool is being wrapped up soon.

Hopefully they realize how overrated he is and buy an actual good player instead.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

hes gonna get even stronger in his late years.

Why?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

dad strength

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Tahirovic posted:

Hopefully they realize how overrated he is and buy an actual good player instead.

I mean, I'm not massively keen on it either, but he's cheap and does fill the role of twatting vaguely effective 25 yarders at the goal when teams are playing 6-4-0 against us.

Just so long as he doesn't have a hissy fit about starting halfway through the season.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1017005871967109120?s=19

Andriy Yarmolenko from Dortmund to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
West Ham remind me that I'd be an awful director of football. Almost all of their purchases for the past 5 years seemed good to me at the time but never did anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Well they do have a decent manager now, but I also think "how long until they completely alienate him through their typical bullshit and he wants out?"

• Locked thread