Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
It's like the booted up FM from around 6 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mickolution posted:

It's like the booted up FM from around 6 years ago.

DavidMoyes.txt

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

West Ham remind me that I'd be an awful director of football. Almost all of their purchases for the past 5 years seemed good to me at the time but never did anything.

i really thought our signings last season were good and addresed a lot of holes in the squad but then it turned out bilic straight up couldnt coach a defense

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

West Ham remind me that I'd be an awful director of football. Almost all of their purchases for the past 5 years seemed good to me at the time but never did anything.

You'd be better than me, the proof is in my redtext

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

i really thought our signings last season were good and addresed a lot of holes in the squad but then it turned out bilic straight up couldnt coach a defense

your defense was a million years old

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jose posted:

your defense was a million years old

defenders who made more than 15 appearances: reid, zabaleta, cresswell, ogbonna, masuaku, rice. only zabaleta is over 30

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fede Fernandez has done a pathetic interview begging anyone (except Russians) to come get him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"I spoke with the chairman and we agreed it wasn't my fault we went down" said the coward.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
shaqiri seems good to me and he's coming at a stupid good price so on a scale of one to ten I give this transfer a 9

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

bewbies posted:

shaqiri seems good to me and he's coming at a stupid good price so on a scale of one to ten I give this transfer a 9

yeah he seems like a player who is not good enough to carry a team on his own, but if he's in a squad with other players to draw defenders off him he can be pretty handy. the price is right too

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i've also decided he should be called "little shaq" in view of his size relative to the much larger and more famous shaq, please popularize this nickname

it would be really cool if we could get a pic of those two standing next to one another

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I usually refer to him as oval office, because he's got a proper hosed up attitude.
Just look at his track record whenever he was in an actual good team, he just can't keep up but doesn't realize it. He should go to one of the Manchester or London teams and not sully the Liverpool name.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jose posted:

conte finally getting the sack since it seems chelsea have agreed to pay for sarri

What a bizarre and annoying situation this has been.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Thom P. Tiers posted:

What a bizarre and annoying situation this has been.

Yeah but if Chelsea end up with Sarri, Jorginho and Golovin while keeping Hazard and Courtois then I can't really be mad.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Yeah but if Chelsea end up with Sarri, Jorginho and Golovin while keeping Hazard and Courtois then I can't really be mad.

Totaly agree, not like anything important is happening yet in training with the WC going on. Just make this happen within a few days please.

Hazard and TBO looked amazing in the WC. Hopefully a new manager and a few new players gives them a fresh view of the club.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

bewbies posted:

I am quite pleased with the Shaqiri business, should it be completed. I have always rated him and had hoped Liverpool would pick him up following his time at Bayern. If we lock him up at £13m on decent wages it allows for some maintenance elsewhere in the shape of defensive upgrades.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Shaqiri is fine as a "first off the bench" player and I'd much prefer seeing him start ahead of Solanke or Ings.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

Shaqiri is fine as a "first off the bench" player and I'd much prefer seeing him start ahead of Solanke or Ings.

He's such an absolute flake you'd hope that Klopp's big teeth and arms around the shoulder approach works for him and he starts to step up instead of being the normal semi disappointment

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

fat gay nonce posted:

He's such an absolute flake you'd hope that Klopp's big teeth and arms around the shoulder approach works for him and he starts to step up instead of being the normal semi disappointment

He seems fine for Switzerland so maybe it's an issue with Stoke

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kinda crazy how it was reported earlier this summer that Arsenal's budget was £50m, then that Kroenke kicked in another £20m, and now Ornstein says we're done when we're right at £71m.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

And Bayern. And Inter.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
look we all recognize it could be another craig bellamy situation but for that price wgaf

what i'm saying here is robertson probably should watch out for golf clubs just to be safe

bewbies fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 11, 2018

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Meat Wagon posted:

And Bayern. And Inter.

His time at Bayern wasn't atrocious. He was marched out at odd times and also had transitioned from the mighty Raiffeisen Super League, which everyone knows is the most technically demanding, defensive oriented and perpetually tactically-progressive league on Earth. There is a reason Big Ronnie steered well clear of the RSL.

His time at Inter, yes. He was generally a sullen little stump unable to waddle his way towards dominance- which always struck me as odd. If the lad dons the mighty red of Merseyside, well... he's OUR sullen little stump and we'll ballyhoo him to a 15 goal haul from the Kop end and sale him for a tidy profit.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Kinda crazy how it was reported earlier this summer that Arsenal's budget was £50m, then that Kroenke kicked in another £20m, and now Ornstein says we're done when we're right at £71m.

It is almost as if Arsenal is an insanely rich club.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

aellisr posted:

His time at Bayern wasn't atrocious. He was marched out at odd times and also had transitioned from the mighty Raiffeisen Super League, which everyone knows is the most technically demanding, defensive oriented and perpetually tactically-progressive league on Earth. There is a reason Big Ronnie steered well clear of the RSL.

His time at Inter, yes. He was generally a sullen little stump unable to waddle his way towards dominance- which always struck me as odd. If the lad dons the mighty red of Merseyside, well... he's OUR sullen little stump and we'll ballyhoo him to a 15 goal haul from the Kop end and sale him for a tidy profit.

Look, I like Shaqiri a lot, but he's moving like a headless chicken on the pitch not because of coaching style, it's because he has no footballing brains.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I wondered why arsenal wasn't in for Seri. Now it makes sense

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

International football is a joke.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MrBling posted:

It is almost as if Arsenal is an insanely rich club.

It's almost as if they don't have anywhere the cash of clubs like City or United

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

Watch more games, we'd be better without than with him. He's useful every 10th game.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's almost as if they don't have anywhere the cash of clubs like City or United

True, arsenal have £225m in the bank. City and Chelsea don't have near that

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

bewbies posted:

i've also decided he should be called "little shaq" in view of his size relative to the much larger and more famous shaq, please popularize this nickname

it would be really cool if we could get a pic of those two standing next to one another

I like it and I will use it.

Edit: I think I prefer Lil Shaq TBF.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Shaq poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

True, arsenal have £225m in the bank. City and Chelsea don't have near that

No they don't

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

There haven't been any sales yet either

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

No they don't

Sorry only £135m

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
yeah arsenal made the most of the 70.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

generally I prefer posted:

There haven't been any sales yet either

A retirement and 2 Bosmans, though I'm pretty sure we'll sell a keeper, probably Ospina, before the window closes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

A retirement and 2 Bosmans, though I'm pretty sure we'll sell a keeper, probably Ospina, before the window closes.

Can't imagine Jenkinson, Akpom, or Campbell still being around when the season starts.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Can't imagine Jenkinson, Akpom, or Campbell still being around when the season starts.

might have to loan them out though..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I had no idea Campbell was still an Arsenal player, or ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL Carl Jenkinson.

• Locked thread